• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

BoobPhysics101 said:
I'll ask my friend if he made it, he's one of the modellers that Turn 10 contracts out to for making certain models in the game. His team made the Bugatti Veyron, for example. Including the interior. They actually had to scan in a physical Veyron. Pretty cool process.

Can he do an IAMA? What other cars has he worked on? Interesting stuff!

sneaky77

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Once again, thank you guys for your feedback and appreciation, I really didn't expect that much attention and I'm really happy I'm getting some. Doesn't matter if it's on a track or homespace, I really hope you guys enjoy that Italia.

In a meantime, here is a little concept for the next design. As you can see My love with Lamborghini is still strong. Colors and sponsor might change, very unlikely but there is a possibility but the base paint will pretty much be the same as it is on the pictures. Looking forward to your thoughts and hope that there are people that will like it ;)

6240392247_31493a956b_z.jpg

6240392241_757d35f91e_z.jpg

That's very impressive.

Tabs

Shortt Sirket said:
Maybe alternating it on and off to see how I am learning and feeling the layout. What do you guys do to learn the different tracks?

Going in blind without the line for now, but it's easier to do that with the slower cars from the beginning of the world tour mode. I'll probably go back to referencing the racing lines (which aren't always the best lines) when I start going for faster lap times.

On that note, what kind of settings (assists) are you all using? I started with Expert settings and then turned on ABS. I play manual with clutch with the Fanatec PWTS and Clubsport pedals. I'm going back and forth on whether to start using traction control.

What view are wheel users playing from? I can't decide between cockpit and hood/bumper. The sense of speed outside of the cockpit is like night and day, plus it's just easier to see, but the cockpit feels like it should be the right place to play from *shrugs*

skyfinch

AlanzTalon said:
I have that problem with Indy. the course is so flat and basically without any markings along the course. the turns just jump at you.

Yeah, it's the flatness that messes me. It's pretty brutal with R3 cars. Haven't raced it using R2 cars yet, but not looking forward to it.

sneaky77 said:
I think I have beat you on a couple of them lol. Took me a few tries specially that Amalfi one with the traffic lol

I have made a list of people who have beat my rivals time. I call it "My Hit List". All the names on this list are circled using my own blood. :p

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
Started the game... First impressions?
WHOOOOAAAAA!!!

[nostalgic mode ON]

I feel like like travelling back in time, when I first played Gran Turismo 1.
Man, we've come a long way since that day.
Kudos to Polyphony and Turn10 for bringing to us automotive lovers and gamers such a nice place to satisfy our car dreams...
Despite the very few imperfections here and there (for both GT and FM), despite still not (but getting close) reaching top PC sims level of realism, they offer us a diversity that no other PC game has, each platform has its qualities and flaws, because car-love is not only about racing and winning, its also about having fun and simply enjoying it.

[nostalgic mode OFF]

Now back in the game. :)

sneaky77

Trav said:
Going in blind without the line for now, but it's easier to do that with the slower cars from the beginning of the world tour mode. I'll probably go back to referencing the racing lines (which aren't always the best lines) when I start going for faster lap times.

On that note, what kind of settings (assists) are you all using? I started with Expert settings and then turned on ABS. I play manual with clutch with the Fanatec PWTS and Clubsport pedals. I'm going back and forth on whether to start using traction control.

What view are wheel users playing from? I can't decide between cockpit and hood/bumper. The sense of speed outside of the cockpit is like night and day, plus it's just easier to see, but the cockpit feels like it should be the right place to play from *shrugs*

I been using cockpit, cause is much better than F3, but yeah I think they could use a better sense of speed in it.

I am also disappointed in the lack of rumble, unless you go over the curve

I have made a list of people who have beat my rivals time. I call it "My Hit List". All the names on this list are circled using my own blood. :p

Well, as long as is your own blood lol

I usually play bumper or bonnet cam, 16:9 isn't wide enough to do cockpits justice without moving the camera far forward

At default settings the windscreen feels more like I'm peering though a porthole.

Lothars

Finally Bestbuy is sending my LCE, I am not in a rush for it but it seemed they were delayed in sending it for whatever reason.

Grassy

Finished my first day with Forza 4, what a fucking game. The cars sound amazing and the Career Mode is a huge improvement on Forza 3 and is actually FUN and not just a boring grind-fest. I'm very happy with it but I need to sleep now.

Wazzim

Banned
Lothars said:
Finally Bestbuy is sending my LCE, I am not in a rush for it but it seemed they were delayed in sending it for whatever reason.
Cool. Sadly, I'm still waiting for the e-mail message from my webshop. :(

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Mascot said:
How was yours delivered cjelly? Normal post or courier? I broke off from work and drove ten miles home during lunch, the postman had been and there was no game delivery or note telling me about an undelivered package. What a waste of time and petrol. Fuck you, GAME, you shit-eating fuckasses. You told me you'd sent it last weekend. And fuck you Microsoft for locking the LE to one retailer, you pricks.

Think I might fuck the LE off and buy a human copy from Tesco in the morning.
It came in quite a big box. They could've fit 5 LCE's in there.

sneaky77

Shortt Sirket said:
Can someone go thru the four Monthly Community Events (The first set of Rival Challenges) and post the GAF Times?

There really should be some online interface that you can access via club stuff, like Ea does

sneaky77 said:
There really should be some online interface that you can access via club stuff, like Ea does

God I wish! Hell, make a decent enough app for that and I will gladly shell out some dough.

NM, they do! Will update in a couple of min with the Leaderboards!

Top Gear F Class:

WjCPQ.jpg

Infineon Drag:

SpoZZ.jpg

Infineon Stock Car:

zIyzE.jpg

Nurburg GP Challenge:

K6l4Z.jpg

Unfortunately the names of the Challenges are showing up in Japanese on my site (WTF) so I don't know the exact names.

Randum

Neo Member
Really, really enjoying what this game has to offer, just discovered the rival lists- challenges, very very cool.

Can we join multiple clubs? Haven't played with that too much just yet. I like the car sharing option.

The sound is probably my favorite part of this game. I never feel like when I play GT5, the car sounds as it should.

Also, whats everyone's control method? I'm using the controller so far, have not set up my MS racing wheel- but its hard after playing so much with the logitech. I hear mad katz is coming out with a nice option next month.

skyfinch

Just noticed in the hud options that you can turn off the camera shaking while in cockpit. Makes the game look like FM3.

sneaky77

Shortt Sirket said:
God I wish! Hell, make a decent enough app for that and I will gladly shell out some dough.

I think you got the drag and stock car swapped

Xanadu said:
my ford gt lm is on storefront if anyone wants it ;) liking the game so far although its way too easy

The dynamic AI seems to be either completely retarded or broken. The AI in Forza 3 wasn't that stupid.

h3ro

Shortt Sirket said:

Top Gear F Class:

WjCPQ.jpg

Wow, I'm number 8?! :O

Yeah I used TCS, deal with it.

nagge

No game today for me, tomorrow is a different story, I'll play from 11.30am until I fall asleep.

At least I got the CSR today and tried it out in the demo, man is this clutch-thing gonna take some time getting used to, although it seems considerably faster, I could almost keep up with my own ghost in the Zonda although overshooting my braking zones and fiddling with the clutch.

TheApatheticOne said:
At the bottom of too many of those list.

I will have to rectify that very soon. The Rivals feature is just awesome.

Don't worry, finally got the invite and I'll be at the bottom to support you guys on the top of the Totem Pole.

nagge said:
No game today for me, tomorrow is a different story, I'll play from 11.30am until I fall asleep.

At least I got the CSR today and tried it out in the demo, man is this clutch-thing gonna take some time getting used to, although it seems considerably faster, I could almost keep up with my own ghost in the Zonda although overshooting my braking zones and fiddling with the clutch.

Man, I have to ween myself off of automatic for sure.

Big Takeover said:
How did you get these, Shorty?

Go to the leaderboards (FM.net->community->Leaderboards) section and you can sort by only Car Club.

JaggedSac

Sound in this game rocks. Driving a King Cobra around the track makes me feel like I am intimidating the other little cars. Thing makes a hell of a racket.

As far as Rival mode, I haven't messed with it yet, but will it pull rivals from a general leaderboard, or is it only rivals from your friends list or car clubs? I don't have many friends with this game and I am certainly not good enough to join the gaf car club.

jcutner

JaggedSac said:
Sound in this game rocks. Driving a King Cobra around the track makes me feel like I am intimidating the other little cars. Thing makes a hell of a racket.

As far as Rival mode, I haven't messed with it yet, but will it pull rivals from a general leaderboard, or is it only rivals from your friends list or car clubs? I don't have many friends with this game and I am certainly not good enough to join the gaf car club.

It lets you toggle between friends, the club, people near you (time/score wise), and the entire leaderboard

JaggedSac

jcutner said:
It lets you toggle between friends, the club, people near you (time/score wise), and the entire leaderboard

Awesome. And if I read correctly before, after beating one person, the next person is loaded for the next lap? If so, that is an excellent implementation. Could be quite addicting. Will have to check it out.

Big Takeover said:
How did you get these, Shorty?

The FM.net website has a section under Community called Leaderboards. When you get there you can drill down to Rivals or Circuit or Drag, etc. Once you do that you can filter by club, or top, near, etc. It is actually a really nice system.

Now someone needs to create an app that scrapes that info into a really nice and usable mobile format.

*Shakes fist* Alright Piranha, you won this one...

sneaky77

JaggedSac said:
Awesome. And if I read correctly before, after beating one person, the next person is loaded for the next lap? If so, that is an excellent implementation. Could be quite addicting. Will have to check it out.

No, the next ghost doesn't load automatically at least not that I have encountered

ghibli99

Wow, this thread's movin'... so hard to keep up, and I've barely had any time to play since getting it on Tuesday. So busy this week with work and other obligations. Don't think I'm a big fan of the speed wheel. Will probably go back to standard controller soon. Loving the game, though!

CrudeDiatribe said:
Will someone beat my time before I get home from work? UK-GAF?

What's the restriction on this? I see a huge range of cars.

It is my goal to beat you by the weekend good sir! I have only run the track like 5 times, so I will be gunning for you.

And the Drag challenge was <500HP (and that means 499 despite what the text says), like 1970-1980 and FR. That is why you see the difference in PI.

Klocker

IS there anyway to increase the competition driving difficulty in career. I have come in first 28-36 and a podium in 33-36.

In Quick race on "Hard" competition setting, I have a much tougher time (2-8). So will it gradually ramp up difficulty in career or what?

level 15, playing with all assists off except ABS, simulation steering, rewinds on (use hardly ever) braking line only, limited damahge model. (basically hard with less assists)

OH... and is the GAF club still open? how do we join?

Top Bottom