• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Lothars

Wazzim said:
Cool. Sadly, I'm still waiting for the e-mail message from my webshop. :(
I hope you get yours soon, It was more of a spur of the moment thing for me to order it before release but I'm glad I did.

Shortt Sirket said:
It is my goal to beat you by the weekend good sir! I have only run the track like 5 times, so I will be gunning for you.

I think I have three standing and five flying laps in.

And the Drag challenge was <500HP (and that means 499 despite what the text says), like 1970-1980 and FR. That is why you see the difference in PI.

Guess my A600 800+HP 2010 GT500 is out.

Muerte_X

CrudeDiatribe said:
What's the restriction on this? I see a huge range of cars.

I don't remember exactly, but had to be American made, Older than 1980, RWD and 500hp or less. It's nice because drag racing is fixed now, and they have drag specific tires that actually work!

I guess that's the neogaf car club leaderboard? Cause my best time destroys that one. I had a lot of fun with that rivals challenge. When you get into the real competitive times you win 50k a race. I had the suspension set up pretty nice, and could win a race or two pretty easily with perfect driving, then add a power mod, and win one or two more. I had a about half a million credits by the end of the night. :) The only thing I don't like is that like any leaderboard for any track, there is usually one car that has a pretty good advantage over the others. I still stand by my '69 camaro, even if I only got to the 50th place and was eventually kicked down lower as more people play it. :(

flyinpiranha said:
Go to the leaderboards (FM.net->community->Leaderboards) section and you can sort by only Car Club.

Shortt Sirket said:
The FM.net website has a section under Community called Leaderboards. When you get there you can drill down to Rivals or Circuit or Drag, etc. Once you do that you can filter by club, or top, near, etc. It is actually a really nice system.

Now someone needs to create an app that scrapes that info into a really nice and usable mobile format.

*Shakes fist* Alright Piranha, you won this one...
Thanks, fellas. I COMPLETELY forgot about the leaderboards being accessible on FM.net.

I'm in love.

I managed to squeeze in a few hours between last night and this morning. Installed the game, downloaded all of the DLC and started a career. Snapped some photos, checked out Autovista and played with the home spaces. The amount to do in this game is staggering.

I joined the GAF Car Club and took on some members' times on the Top Gear Test Track. My best (so far) is 1:48; enough to beat some of you but a full :07 off the lead. If there's ever been a game that will cause me to run my 360 into the ground, this is it.

I work wacky hours and racing online has always been a challenge. Rivals mode fixes that. I'm not a great racer and use assists (ABS, TCS) but I'm itching to beat GAF's times. My career is nearly an afterthought. The joy of besting a fellow Gaffer can't be beat.

I am thrilled Arkham City and Daytona are right around the corner, but to be honest, they're going straight into my backlog. I can't imagine playing anything else for at least a month.

lord pie

Hi guys, sorry if this has already been asked;

I got the LCE today, and I was entering the various download codes. However, I entered the code for the "Limited Collector's Edition Pack" and nothing was added to the download queue. Manually adding it to the download queue via the XB website does not work (it says the download was added, but nothing is actually added to the queue). Is this normal?

Does it require a gold account to download? (I need to renew)

Cheers.

LiK

lord pie said:

I got the LCE today, and I was entering the various download codes. However, I entered the code for the "Limited Collector's Edition Pack" and nothing was added to the download queue. Manually adding it to the download queue via the XB website does not work (it says the download was added, but nothing is actually added to the queue). Is this normal?

Cheers.

seems like the codes unlock the cars in the file you're d/ling. i entered my preorder bonus from Amazon and adding in the LE and Launch added no additional download queues.

saladine1

Sensory overload...need to get on with real life. Need to get out of the dungeon. Need to see wife and kids..........fuck it just one more hour....

lord pie said:

Cheers.

The same thing happened to me (and caused a moment of panic) but everything still downloaded.

Inside Forza 4, go to Marketplace --> Car Packs. You should see the "Limited Collectors Edition" or something to that effect with a big "PURCHASED" banner across the top.

saladine1 said:
Sensory overload...need to get on with real life. Need to get out of the dungeon. Need to see wife and kids..........fuck it just one more hour....

There should be a disclaimer on the box: "Forza 4 may cause marital conflict."

Tabs

I waded through so much content and so many menus last night, but I didn't realize there were rival club challenges. I will be taking those on as soon as possible. I was mainly knocking the rust off my driving while leveling up in career mode.

CrudeDiatribe said:
Only until she gets her blue Z06 (with blue racing stripes).

I once saw a middle-age woman step into a beautiful Corvette and peel out of a parking lot. The license plate -- "WAS HIS."

Ice cold and awesome at the same time.

Tabs

sneaky77 said:
That would mean support for 900 degrees, so I doubt it, although it would be nice if they would tell us what the update was for.
What's the 900 degree glitch? I've heard that mentioned a couple times. Is that just with the new Forza branded Fanatec wheel? I'm not having any issues at all with my Turbo S.

saladine1

FunnyBunny said:
There should be a disclaimer on the box: "Forza 4 may cause marital conflict."
I wish the Mrs. was into Forza. It'll be like..

Wife-" Fuck, that Civic has horrendous understeer. Need to soften up the front end and add a better compound tyre"

Me-

urteS.jpg

lord pie

LiK said:
seems like the codes unlock the cars in the file you're d/ling. i entered my preorder bonus from Amazon and adding in the LE and Launch added no additional download queues.

Thanks a lot :) I was getting a bit worried there.

Interesting; I got the Gallardo Superleggera as a bonus car, which was one of my main cars in Forza 3. In Forza 4, it's S675, in F3 it's somewhere around S603, and can be brought down to A600 with some heavy rims and other changes. That's a pretty massive PI change.

sneaky77

Trav said:
What's the 900 degree glitch? I've heard that mentioned a couple times. Is that just with the new Forza branded Fanatec wheel? I'm not having any issues at all with my Turbo S.

Well from what we noticed according to a thead on the forza forum, if you have the wheel set to 900 degrees you get the no credits glitch. Setting the wheel to 270 fixes the issue.

This has been experienced by multiple people, including myself and with different Fanatec wheels as well.

I have a good friend who is sucked into Forza HARD! I got her Forza 3 Ultimate and she played the hell out of it and then bought Forza 4 on Tuesday. She is actually really freakin decent and has applied to be a Member here but hasn't been accepted.

She was in the GAF Club until Gowans kicked everyone. LOL

lord pie said:

Cheers.

I think Marketplace is a little wonky, at least on my Win Phone anyway, it won't let me buy stuff. Main Forza forum is also down.

Megasoum

Banned
My friend is saying that he just got a 7mb Title Update when he launched Forza a couple of minutes ago. Anybody have any details on the update?

The Stig

Shortt Sirket said:
I have a good friend who is sucked into Forza HARD! I got her Forza 3 Ultimate and she played the hell out of it and then bought Forza 4 on Tuesday. She is actually really freakin decent and has applied to be a Member here but hasn't been accepted.

She was in the GAF Club until Gowans kicked everyone. LOL
yeah well I got 1000/1000 on f3 and f2. applied as soon as the club was started and was denied.

G Rom

I finished World Tour mode a couple of hours ago.
When you finish it, you drop back to the amateur division and it gives you events you didn't finish, probably cycling you through the ten season infinitely until you've cleared the event list.
I have to say toward the end world tour feels a lot less varied. Top Gear events are nowhere to be seen in later seasons, the traffic duel as well aren't as present as in the beginning and don't get me started on Autocross. Overall, it's more varied than FM3 but it still isn't enough IMO. I would have loved drift events, more interesting drag events instead of scrapping them altogether, actually interesting multiclass races, time attack racing on Fujimi Kaido, NASCAR races with rolling starts, etc...
Some tracks are nearly inexistants in World tour too. I think I can count on half a hand the number of races I did on Tsukuba and I'm pretty sure I raced only once on the Indianapolis oval while you race dozens of time on the infield track...

Some stats :
Time driven : 18h38:46
Current level : 56 (next race I'll be 57)
Percentage of career complete : 7.2%
Current balance : 3,171,402 Cr
Number of cars in garage : 106

Edit : And to be clear, the difficulty spike never happened for me.

G Rom said:
When you finish it, you drop back to the amateur division and it gives you events you didn't finish, probably cycling you through the ten season infinitely until you've cleared the event list.
I have to say toward the end world tour feels a lot less varied. Top Gear events are nowhere to be seen in later seasons, the traffic duel as well aren't as present as in the beginning and don't get me started on Autocross. Overall, it's more varied than FM3 but it still isn't enough IMO. I would have loved drift events, more interesting drag events instead of scrapping them altogether, actually interesting multiclass races, time attack racing on Fujimi Kaido, NASCAR races with rolling starts, etc...
Some tracks are nearly inexistants in World tour too. I think I can count on half a hand the number of races I did on Tsukuba and I'm pretty sure I raced only once on the Indianapolis oval while you race dozens of time on the infield track...

Some stats :

Wow, so you finished World Tour and are only 7% finished with the races? That is amazing. This game is going to own my life for longer than is healthy.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
How come events I complete in World Tour are not checked odd my event list? (I'm in season 4).

Only Top Gear Bowling is checked.

sneaky77

G Rom said:

Some stats :

I guess a lot depends on the cars you using, but with so many events is bound to happen, at least is a good way of spacing out things and race all over the place more often so far anyway

saladine1

Turn 10 will have to focus on a lot more 'racing ' related components next time around. Varying disciplines will be more than welcome and i'm sure they are planning this for FM5.

Butane123

So now that midterms are done, I can finally put some time into this game.

I love the rivals mode. Especially when you get someone you recognize as the rival. Nice spinout on Hockenheimring, Jube.

LiK

saladine1 said:
Turn 10 will have to focus on a lot more 'racing ' related components next time around. Varying disciplines will be more than welcome and i'm sure they are planning this for FM5.
Season Pass DLC incoming

Tabs

sneaky77 said:
Well from what we noticed according to a thead on the forza forum, if you have the wheel set to 900 degrees you get the no credits glitch. Setting the wheel to 270 fixes the issue.

This has been experienced by multiple people, including myself and with different Fanatec wheels as well.
Interesting. I'll count myself lucky then because I was playing with it on 900 and didn't get the glitch last night.

G Rom said:
And to be clear, the difficulty spike never happened for me.

I just started season three (am driver level 17 or 18 or something), and M Rossi or J Davis have now beaten me a few times— a few more laps and I would have had first, but with the cars at or near my PI and starting mid-pack, it can be a workout.

I'm playing with 'normal steering' and sometimes the braking line, but otherwise everything off. Turning off the braking line really helps with the difficulty though I know I will eventually learn my favourite tracks very well.

G Rom

I think I'm a bit biased on the variety problem because as I said before I was already playing FM3's event list the same way that FM4 makes you play World Tour so this wasn't really a new way of playing for me.
I think that getting all the DLCs for FM3 removed a lot of the new factor as well as "only" around 80 cars really were new to me compared to around 160 for someone who didn't touch any FM3 DLC and even more for people coming from FM2. That's mainly why I can't wait to get my LCE, I want all those new cars in my garage. :)

Now my opinion may seem weird but I'm was an offline player during 99% of my career (and still am unfortunately) so I didn't have rivals challenges or online races to take breaks from conventional career races. This may explain why I felt this lack of variety.

guest1321

Where is the option to change opponent level in the world tour? For me it is not under difficulty so I get the feeling it is hidden somewhere else. Any thoughts?

G Rom

CrudeDiatribe said:
I just started season three (am driver level 17 or 18 or something), and M Rossi or J Davis have now beaten me a few times— a few more laps and I would have had first, but with the cars at or near my PI and starting mid-pack, it can be a workout.

I'm playing with 'normal steering' and sometimes the braking line, but otherwise everything off. Turning off the braking line really helps with the difficulty though I know I will eventually learn my favourite tracks very well.
I have all assists off except clutch so 160% of cash bonus each race. If racing line is anything like previous Forza, turning it off allows you to brake way later or even don't brake at all sometimes. Racing line is actually a nightmare in online races because you never know when people racing with it will brake.

saladine1

I was just thinking, if FM has received 'the highest rating of this generation', amazing review scores, very positive feedback from fans and newcomers alike etc........without weather, night, rally, big track count, deep damage model..etc, can you imagine what will happen when Turn 10 actually implement those aforementioned things?

I honestly think the world will not be able to cope with the awesome sauceness and it will end...

Marco1

I can't believe how good this game is, it must be the most consistent racer I have ever played.
This will probably be the only racer I will play until F5 on the nextbox, it's so good that after browsing autovista and photomode it would appear that porsche are the losers here for not letting their cars be available.
I really do think we will get a porsche DLC pack.

The Stig said:
yeah sorry for the whining.
100 limit in car clubs seems like an xbox 1 limit/flaw, why are we seeing such a thing in forza 4?

I might skip joining the gaf club and just make another one, let's all group together!

Top Bottom