• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

G Rom

saladine1 said:
I was just thinking, if FM has received 'the highest rating of this generation', amazing review scores, very positive feedback from fans and newcomers alike etc........without weather, night, rally, big track count, deep damage model..etc, can you imagine what will happen when Turn 10 actually implement those aforementioned things?

I honestly think the world will not be able to cope with the awesome sauceness and it will end...
That's exactly what I was thinking the other day. Everybody forgot the absence of weather and night racing. :D
The more I played the game the more I regretted Porsche though. With the amazing cockpits and incredible sound, it would have been great to drive 911s, hear the V10 of the Carrera GT scream, etc...

LiK

G Rom said:
That's exactly what I was thinking the other day. Everybody forgot the absence of weather and night racing. :D
The more I played the game the more I regretted Porsche though. With the amazing cockpits and incredible sound, it would have been great to drive 911s, hear the V10 of the Carrera GT scream, etc...
Fucking EA....

Yoritomo

G Rom said:
I have all assists off except clutch so 160% of cash bonus each race. If racing line is anything like previous Forza, turning it off allows you to brake way later or even don't brake at all sometimes. Racing line is actually a nightmare in online races because you never know when people racing with it will brake.

Which is why I tend to leave it on while racing online. If I see someone following it I know where I can go to completely avoid them.

The reason why people are faster with it off is because they rely on trackside markers for braking points, etc. Because it's variable it's not a good indicator of when to brake if you want to bang out laps that are within 3 tenths or so lap after lap.

G Rom said:
If racing line is anything like previous Forza, turning it off allows you to brake way later or even don't brake at all sometimes. Racing line is actually a nightmare in online races because you never know when people racing with it will brake.

Well, you aren't required to follow it. It's more of a 'here's a corner, maybe you should slow down' reminder for me on courses I know well (and where to skip slowing entirely).

I got rear-ended on Indy last night in a GAF race because I was following the braking line into turn 1, as it was still a new course/car of me.

My release-day delivery copy is still god knows where; so thank god for great Amazon support, they sent me a new copy free of charge with 1 day shipping, should be here tomorrow.

I've been itching to play this all week, ugh....thank god for Dark Souls and Rage to occupy me.

regs

Just about back to Level 17 after my fucking game reset. Have almost as much money as before too. What's weird is the cars that I shared in the online garage are still there although i cannot get them back in my profile, they're still in the GAF garage :p

Eric WK

FuttBuck said:
My release-day delivery copy is still god knows where; so thank god for great Amazon support, they sent me a new copy free of charge with 1 day shipping, should be here tomorrow.

I've been itching to play this all week, ugh....thank god for Dark Souls and Rage to occupy me.
Lol... mine still hasn't arrived and their response was a month of Prime.

Awful.

KingDizzi

Banned
Asked this before and never got an answer; how do you view leaderboards online? With Forza 3 it's there but not so with Forza 4, says I have to sign in and when I do still nothing shows up. Got some mates whose times I want to beat and my cousin is giving me his 360 until early next year (he's going around the world the lucky fucker), least I can quench my thirst for some Gears and Forza! Maybe it's because I don't have the game yet?

The Stig said:
yeah sorry for the whining.

I am thinking it wasn't a "jesus" at whining more of a jesus at you doing everything in Forza 2 and 3 lol

Nice job

EDIT: Should have read next page to see him answer you...oh well still nice job

Mascot

Good news everybody!
I went to work early, grafted like a fucking bastard all day, stayed late tonight and got everything done that needed to get done. I can now take the second day of my holiday as planned.

Bad news everybody!
My fucking game hasn't turned up yet.

What's the latest with the GAF car club? What are my (and Diablohead's) chances of getting in?

LiK

Snkfanatic said:
I am thinking it wasn't a "jesus" at whining more of a jesus at you doing everything in Forza 2 and 3 lol

Nice job

EDIT: Should have read next page to see him answer you...oh well still nice job
Haha, indeed.

Arucardo

Mascot said:
Good news everybody!
I went to work early, grafted like a fucking bastard all day, stayed late tonight and got everything done that needed to get done. I can now take the second day of my holiday as planned.

Bad news everybody!

What's the latest with the GAF car club? What are my (and Diablohead's) chances of getting in?
Pretty good I'd think, there's supposed to be another purge tomorrow. Maybe I'll get in too :p (as long as my game does arrive tomorrow).

nagge

Mascot said:
Bad news everybody!

I feel your pain, I'm in the same situation with the game.

About the club I really don't know, there doesn't seem to be any clear spoken policy, if the google doc is valid (can someone confirm this?) you and diablohead are in.

alba

Little is the new Big
Well, I'm pretty much fucked then since my game didn't ship today I probably won't have it until monday, RAAAAGGGEE :(

D6AMIA6N

G Rom said:

At least we got RUF! Dat bad ass RGT-8!

Mascot

nagge said:
I feel your pain, I'm in the same situation with the game.

About the club I really don't know, there doesn't seem to be any clear spoken policy, if the google doc is valid (can someone confirm this?) you and diablohead are in.

Last time I clicked on a google doc link in this thread it was just a list of a dozen or so cars that people had shared. Didn't have time to investigate further.

Jesus, everyone I know who ordered from GAME (maybe 10+ people) ALL had their deliveries without fail today. The fucking postman is wiping his cheezy cock all over my copy at home right now, I fucking know it.

Hopefully GAME will fuck up like they did with my Bioshock LE when they kept sending me Big Daddy statuettes for weeks on end. Those little fuckers went for some serious coin on eBay (but ultimately led me into buying a full-size 7-foot high Big Daddy statue). Ah... memories.

Stop enjoying the game everybody! It's not fair!

Shaneus

Mascot said:
Good news everybody!

Bad news everybody!

I think there was a purge yesterday. I joined up around 6 hours ago and there were only 66 in the group. No idea what went on behind the scenes to get to that number, though.

Mascot

Shaneus said:
I think there was a purge yesterday. I joined up around 6 hours ago and there were only 66 in the group. No idea what went on behind the scenes to get to that number, though.

Hopefully my copy will turn up tomorrow (without the postman's cock dandruff all over it) and hopefully there will still be room in the club when it does.

Dare I hope that the planets align?

Dare I hope for something to go fucking right this week?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The Stig said:
yeah well I got 1000/1000 on f3 and f2. applied as soon as the club was started and was denied.

if you, or anyother gaffers that arent in the gaf club now, want feel free to join my little club, Rally Club Positano, or search my GT: LoopOfHenle
6240900315_c9c4676116_m.jpg
(quick mockup of a livery i plan to make)

its a small club with no aspirations of being great - just something to get together and play around with until there is more than enough room in the gaf club.

ShinyBallBoy

Neo Member
GRRRR looks like there is no Jeremy Clarkson voiceover in the italian version i bought!!! A random guy with a british accent speaks in autovista!!!
Im so pissed!!!

ShinyBallBoy said:
GRRRR looks like there is no Jeremy Clarkson voiceover in the italian version i bought!!! A random guy with a british accent speaks in autovista!!!
Im so pissed!!!

That is Peter Egan. Clarkson is there, but you have to find the markers with the Top Gear Symbol (the gear). There is only one on each car and it is usually on the front bumper.

LiK

ShinyBallBoy said:
Im so pissed!!!
Look for Top Gear icon. Near front of car usually. The regular "i" is other British dude.

Edit: beaten

atomiswave said:
ive been told there is a body kit to make the mclaren f1 into an lm- is there any truth to this? i just barely ordered the game :(

Not really. There is only the Forza front splitter/canards and the Forza wing. I mean, it looks "ish" like the LM, but not very close.

Edit: WTF? How do I have the most posts in this topic? Jeez, I need to take a break..

Ty4on

What is the worst of the starter cars/are they preupgraded like they were in FM3?
I think the Aygo is one of the worst, in the 107 much better?

Yes, I actually want the worst car :p

LiK

Ty4on said:
What is the worst of the starter cars/are they preupgraded like they were in FM3?
I think the Aygo is one of the worst, in the 107 much better?

Yes, I actually want the worst car :p
I'm using Aygo, lol...random pick

Shortt Sirket said:
That is Peter Egan. Clarkson is there, but you have to find the markers with the Top Gear Symbol (the gear). There is only one on each car and it is usually on the front bumper.

Discovering this was slightly disappointing. I'd actually say the Top Gear presence isn't really that large, which is a shame.

I would've like to have seen Hammond and May provide commentary as well.

Shaneus

I started with the Ka because I knew down the track, I'd want affinity with Ford for upgrades by the time I get to the XB Falcon and the GT.

Mr.Green

Is there any benefit besides the credits boost and immersion to turn off assists?

Manual over automatic is obvious, but is adding the clutch worth it? Does it actually let you change gears faster?

What about ABS, TCS and whatnot?

I guess what I'm asking is what are the best difficulty settings to compete seriously in Rivals mode. :) Do wheel users stand a chance against gamepad users? The few replays I watched from the top dogs in the leaderboards were all pad users.

legbone

Marco1 said:
I can't believe how good this game is, it must be the most consistent racer I have ever played.
This will probably be the only racer I will play until F5 on the nextbox, it's so good that after browsing autovista and photomode it would appear that porsche are the losers here for not letting their cars be available.
I really do think we will get a porsche DLC pack.

I think you are right about the porsche DLC. At least I hope you are. I really miss my flying lizard.

Mascot

Mr.Green said:
Do wheel users stand a chance against gamepad users? The few replays I watched from the top dogs in the leaderboards were all pad users.

I was always faster with the wheel than with the pad on FM2 and FM3, but my best times in the FM4 demo were all with the pad. Weird.

Top Bottom