• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

C-Jo

Started up the game last night and much to my horror, my level 50 FM3 save is nowhere to be found.

Profound sadness.

Mr.Green

*sigh*

Posts about the actual game get flooded in the god damn car club stuff. Would a dedicated thread be a good idea or would you prefer a different question?

You can tell me to go fuck myself too. I'll understand.

Wazzim

Banned
alba said:
Well, I'm pretty much fucked then since my game didn't ship today I probably won't have it until monday, RAAAAGGGEE :(
I know that feeling bro. I hope it's just an error and that I'll still get it this friday or saturday..

regs

Sorry Gowans, got your invite but it wouldn't let me join ;-;

it seems to not want me to join any online races at the moment ;-;

liger05

Just starting the game now. UK in the building.

When I look the google document it looks the same for me as it did yesterday?

Has 18 names on there.

alba

Little is the new Big
Wazzim said:
I know that feeling bro. I hope it's just an error and that I'll still get it this friday or saturday..

Well error or not, they usually mail you when they send it, which they didn't so... since here nobody delivers on weekends I can't even begin to think about Saturday, which makes me sad :(

Mascot

Shortt Sirket said:
Huh, apparently fm.net just went down entirely. I can get to the Forza 3 site, but the main fm.net page is down.

That place is a clusterfuck even when it's working. Too many holier-than-thou types spouting 'expert' opinions on everything that moves.

Mascot said:
That place is a clusterfuck even when it's working. Too many holier-than-thou types spouting 'expert' opinions on everything that moves.

Yeah, and don't even get me started about the "Multimedia" section.

cory021

Neo Member
So I'm probably not getting this game until Thanksgiving. I'm not sure how this 'car club' works, but it sounds pretty fun. What are the chances of getting into the club once I buy the game?

Mascot said:

It's a bunch of dudes that don't even track cars in real life, what do you expect? Armchair track gods. LOL

regs

BoobPhysics101 said:
It's a bunch of dudes that don't even track cars in real life, what do you expect? Armchair track gods. LOL

I just envisioned Stephen Hawking flying around the track in his wheelchair for some reason

gotee12

regs said:
I just envisioned Stephen Hawking flying around the track in his wheelchair for some reason
cue Allman Brother's "Jessica"...

"Tonight, watch as our Star in a Reasonably Priced Car proves that he's the fastest thing... on eight wheels..."

cory021 said:
So I'm probably not getting this game until Thanksgiving. I'm not sure how this 'car club' works, but it sounds pretty fun. What are the chances of getting into the club once I buy the game?

I'm sure it will have thinned out by then.

Man, I get off early (around 2PM PST) every day and I still miss the races! We'll have to get a scheduled night or such going on. Is there a community thread going so non-[GAF] members can get in on it?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
5458857195_fb7f82fd4a.jpg

Saw this setup on another forum.

I want. :(

frontieruk

nagge said:
I feel your pain, I'm in the same situation with the game.

About the club I really don't know, there doesn't seem to be any clear spoken policy, if the google doc is valid (can someone confirm this?) you and diablohead are in.

Damn I was looking forward to going renegade with Diablohead
lol.gif

Raudi

Brandon F said:
5458857195_fb7f82fd4a.jpg

Saw this setup on another forum.

I want. :(

That's mine :)

Been playing FM4 in Multiscreen the past couple of days and it's GLORIUS

Unfortunately something with the title update borked my game and I can't load ANY Designs from catalog save, so I'm afraid to do much else for fear of losing my save game now.

After creating a new game on MU it's still hanging up when "saving content" when I try to load a simple saved design with 1 shape??? ARRGGHHHH

regs

Raudi said:

Unfortunately something with the title update borked my game and I can't load ANY Designs from catalog save, so I'm afraid to do much else for fear of losing my save game now.

After creating a new game on MU it's still hanging up when "saving content" when I try to load a simple saved design with 1 shape??? ARRGGHHHH

happened to me last night, and then the savegame got corrupted and it literally told me to go and delete my save and start over. I just now got back to where I was

Raudi

LiK said:
wait, the save issue came from today's title update?

I had no issues until after that title update.

Everything else works except loading a design from catalog on any car.

I can save Designs and load layer groups and tuning setups no problem.

I tried creating a brand new game on a second GT using MU - I was able to load 2 designs and then it broke on that GT also - hangs at "saving content" screen

LiK

The Stig said:
turns out i lied.

920 gs for fm2

1000 for f3 tho

AND

I just received an invite..........

time to test my mettle

still impressive

Raudi said:
I had no issues until after that title update.

Everything else works except loading a design from catalog on any car.

I can save Designs and load layer groups and tuning setups no problem.

I tried creating a brand new game on a second GT using MU - I was able to load 2 designs and then it broke on that GT also - hangs at "saving content" screen

damn, that blows. hope they fix it soon.

DasRaven

Got my Best Buy codes worked out via phone. I have codes for trade.

Have:
3x BMW 1M (yes, I did pre-order 4x. 2x LCE 2x STD)

Need:
1. Honda CR-Z
2. MINI Clubman
3. Subaru STI

GAF gets first shot, then I goto FM.net for trades tomorrow.

The Stig

I am just .2 of a second slower than short sirket around the TG track, and it isnt for lack of trying either.

edit - he takes the 2nd to last corner like a demon

Mascot

Raudi said:

Dammit, Raudi - every time I see your rig my wallet starts twitching. I've just bought a second 360 and might have two copies of the game by tomorrow. I've got a Playseat, wheel and pedals already, so all I need is two more 32" HDTVs, one more 360 and one more copy of the game. And a new frame to mount it all.

It would be silly not to.

Dommel

IMG_20111014_005722.jpg

Fanatec Forza Motorsport Wheel arrived today but apparently MS is very strict about the release date of Forza 4 so none of the shops dared selling it today :(

Works flawlessly with GT5 as well, very good wheel. I would recommend it if you're looking for one. A lot better than my previous Fanatec Carrera.

Can't wait to finally get my hands on Forza 4 tomorrow!

See

I've never been a fan of cockpit view, I liked the inclusion of it, I just hated driving in it, hood and bumper view has always been my first and second choice, with every racing game ever.

I don't know what Turn10 did but this time but cockpit view feels great! I'd never thought I'd see the day I post faster laptimes in it.(or maybe I just suck now!) Great job turn10!

Anyway, have any of you guys tried out the madcatz wheel? The Ms wheel feels far too "soft" but that was the only one I was able to afford :(

flyinpiranha said:
Is there any reasoning behind beating a rival and getting 0 credits? Is this that Fanatec bug?

Yea, that's the bug, you should always be receiving credits.

Beating a rival with a worse time in rival mode doesn't give you any credits though, so there's an off chance it's that.

Few nub questions here, new to this series. I actually bought an Xbox yesterday just for the game., played Forza 3 at a friends a while ago and knew I had to get the next one:)

What's the main idea behind a car club and is there a minimum number of people? - The little description didn't give much detail. Is there any advantage over starting a club to say... just starting a party with the very few people on my friends list at the moment?

I got the LCE, my BMW pack was fine, the track and car launch packs were fine but when I entered by 3rd key for the pre order DLC content or whatever it didnt seem to download anything. I thought maybe it made some of the stuff in the marketplace free now; but skimming through it nothing seemed to change?

Thanks for any help. AusForzaGaf crew:)

Hawk269

Hey Gaf Club Members....

I had a spare 80ms points and bought 1 token which lets you buy any car in the game. So I was planning on dontating the car to the club, but not sure what to buy. There are some really expensive cars, but with the token I can buy anything that is available. So before I just buy anything expensive, anyone have any car in particular that is going to be hard to get with in-game credits because of the price?

Please let me know by replying here on what car you all want. I will buy the one that I see the most brought up. Or perhaps a top 3 list and will pick whichever is mentioned the most.

Stephen_drewz said:
I got the LCE, my BMW pack was fine, the track and car pack launch packs were fine but when I entered by 3rd key for the pre order DLC content or whatever it didnt seem to download anything. I thought maybe it made some of the stuff in the marketplace free now; but skimming through it nothing seemed to change?

Thanks for any help. AusForzaGaf crew:)

The last code is basically just an activation code, so the behavior you experienced is normal. It doesn't really do anything except let you get content that's on the disc.

Man, I am having TOO much fun with this Rivals Mode thing. I have this compulsion to try to be in the top 3 of all the GAF Leaderboards.

Seriously, I need to take a break or something.

U n i o n 0015 said:
The last code is basically just an activation code, so the behavior you experienced is normal. It doesn't really do anything except let you get content that's on the disc.

Meaning it makes it available to purchase, or available to download for free? Either way its fine, just wanna make sure it's all good. Have barely touched any of the xbox live features so yeah ha. Thanks

Hawk269

flashburn2012 said:
Don't get your hopes up. Tons of people bitched about this with Forza 3, but they never fixed it there either.

My other major annoyance wasn't fixed either. When you rewind using a wheel the wheel will actually react as if you are driving, so the force feedback will go all crazy.

Bingo. The audio pop was even more in F3 and T10 did nothing to fix it and now it is in F4, not as bad but it is there. Heard it throught my 5.1 system and when useing head-phones. That is one thing that T10 did not do too good with F2 and F3 is patches to fix issues. I hope they do fix issues as they arise in F4.

sneaky77

flyinpiranha said:
Is there any reasoning behind beating a rival and getting 0 credits? Is this that Fanatec bug?

if you're not getting credits in WT, set the wheel to 270 degrees, sucks ass but fixed it for me

I have dumped quite a bit of time into this game, the last time I really even played a Forza was when FMS1 came out on the Xbox. Very awesome indeed.

Mr.Green

Workaround for the 0 cr/900° bug

Ripped off the GWJ forums:

zeroKFE said:
Seriously guys, do the difficulty change workaround -- as I said before, it's been 100% working for me.

1. Load into the race. You should be looking at your car on the track.
2. Open the difficulty settings and change one setting (you MUST actually change something), hit A to save, go back to the menu.
3. Open the difficulty settings again, change things back to how you really want them, hit A to save again.
4. Start your race.
5(?). Not sure if it is necessary, but I've been doing steps 2-4 when hitting restart on a race and in between heats in multi-heat races. Better safe than sorry.

God damn the Evo 6 is such a beast once you mod it a bit and give it a good tune. Even stock it owns Evo 8's, 9's, and 10's easily, even if they're up @ B-500 and it's bone stock at B-457.

sneaky77

Mr.Green said:
Workaround for the 0 cr/900° bug

Ripped off the GWJ forums:

I'll give it a try later, but I think the underlaying issue is the game just doesn't recognize 900 degree wheels correctly

Hawk269 said:
Bingo. The audio pop was even more in F3 and T10 did nothing to fix it and now it is in F4, not as bad but it is there. Heard it throught my 5.1 system and when useing head-phones. That is one thing that T10 did not do too good with F2 and F3 is patches to fix issues. I hope they do fix issues as they arise in F4.

I dunno, it might just depend on the car, because it's pretty damn bad still. The weird thing is I don't remember any issues in the demo, but again, it might be somewhat car specific.

Top Bottom