• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Shaneus

saladine1 said:
Yeah, but Dan said the same thing about cockpit views. When asked about them around FM2 I think it was, he said that he didn't like them because he felt they impeded on vision....then BAM...cockpit views in FM3.
I remember just how big that was when it was widely found out. Such a big megaton, especially after Greenawalt's obvious (smokescreen of) disdain.

sneaky77

drugstore_cowboy said:
Sorry, another question. I fired Forza up and it gifted me the cars based on what I have in my Forza 3 garage but I'm missing some that never got bought like the LFA and DeLorean.

As I have millions of unused credits will buying the missing cars now in Forza 3 let me transfer them over or have I lost out?

it doesn't transfer the cars, based on your forza 3 profile you get some rewards in 4.

DasRaven said:
antiquegamer.

I'd love to find out where he secured the code. I'd like one also.

Yeah, it was me. I got the code from Microsoft Store, they finally email it to me this morning. I told them if I don't get the code by Friday I want refund for my purchase.. so I guess they don't want to do a refund.

Hmm...so can anyone in the club can use it right? If not I will remove it from the Club. : P

PS: And yes the car is kinda suck ... it's really only successor to CR-X in name.

Aptos

Hey guys, I just spent about 3 hours tuning an Audi R8 4.2 V8 for racing (vs. drifting). I think it's pretty awesome. It's my first serious tune, so I was looking for some feedback.

I put it up in the club garage. Is anyone willing to try it out on something like the Bernese Alps and give me some feedback on it?

Liquidsnake said:
Is there any way to join your fellow club members in a race other than being invited?
How can I see whos online and whos racing? Gamer card?

Anyone?

ISF down tuned for less power and more handling is a beats.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Holy fucking shit.

Monthly community nurburgring M5 cup.

T10 and BMW are giving away a 2012 BMW M FUCKING 5 to whoever ends up with the best lap!

ONLY Germany contestants though, omfg ALL IN GAME, wheres MY CAR IN THE U.S T10?! LOL FUCK.

FUCK

Go to the rivals community monthly tab and press X.

OMFG LOL.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So...

Anyone want to sell me an Enzo somehow or am I gonna have to pay sticker price?

It's odd the auction house and all of that seem a bit barren compared to FM3 this time around.

SarBear

Slayer-33 said:
Holy fucking shit.

Monthly community nurburgring M5 cup.

T10 and BMW are giving away a 2012 BMW M FUCKING 5 to whoever ends up with the best lap!

ONLY Germany contestants though, omfg ALL IN GAME, wheres MY CAR IN THE U.S T10?! LOL FUCK.

FUCK

Go to the rivals community monthly tab and press X.

OMFG LOL.

It's ridiculous. All was all hard reading it, then I went flaccid reading only German residents can win. -___-

It's like that part in the Hangover 2 when dude finds out the stripper is a male. FUCK!

Shaneus

Slightly OT, but holy shit Outrun Online Arcade is crazy fun with the speed wheel. For some reason it doesn't recognise button presses in game (only in menus) so you can't use manual, but for the rest it's actually pretty bitchin'.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
SarBear said:
It's ridiculous. All was all hard reading it, then I went flaccid reading only German residents can win. -___-

It's like that part in the Hangover 2 when dude finds out the stripper is a male. FUCK!

I hope they bring a contest over here.

Holy shit if they do everyone in this forum and welsher is going to go crazy trying to set the top times.

I only noticed by mistake because I pressed X and saw the message say "only for germans" or some shit I'm like wat? And my jaw hit the floor when I saw them giving away the car..

Iknos

The whole AI issue was pretty apparent in te demo. I suppose many thought it was an old build?

Not condoning it but it adds excitement I have to admit. Each pass is a gamble. I find myself saying "that #%*#er better not run into me" in my head each time I pass. The career isn't overly challenging as it is. Still I don't mean to say it's somethig they shouldn't fix they should consider addressing it in a patch it's not allowing for proper races. It is fun in an arcade destruction derby sense only.

Not worried by easy AI as I can pick an underpowered car for a challenge. It's the ramming you part that concerns me most.

Op ivy do you mind adding me to the second group? GT: IknosRacing

Gowans don't stress over it ultimately it's the 100 player restriction that screwed us over. Real car clubs have hundreds of people so that number seemed too small.

The idea of multiple NeoGAF car clubs is better anyways. Competition will push each side and result in active racers and tuners. Hopefully the paint jobs can be shared.

One week we should choose a track and car and have team racing on it. Each NeoGAF club takes time in building their car for it and picking their best drivers. 8 vs 8 on it.

So having 2 clubs seems like something that should be done anyways even if 80% of people drop out when CoD comes out.

Iknos said:
The whole AI issue was pretty apparent in te demo. I suppose many thought it was an old build?

Not condoning it but it adds excitement I have to admit. Each pass is a gamble. I find myself saying "that #%*#er better not run into me" in my head each time I pass. The career isn't overly challenging as it is. Still I don't mean to say it's somethig they shouldn't fix they should consider addressing it in a patch it's not allowing for proper races. It is fun in an arcade destruction derby sense only.

Not worried by easy AI as I can pick an underpowered car for a challenge. It's the ramming you part that concerns me most.

Op ivy do you mind adding me to the second group? GT: IknosRacing

Gowans don't stress over it ultimately it's the 100 player restriction that screwed us over. Real car clubs have hundreds of people so that number seemed too small.

The idea of multiple NeoGAF car clubs is better anyways. Competition will push each side and result in active racers and tuners. Hopefully the paint jobs can be shared.

One week we should choose a track and car and have team racing on it. Each NeoGAF club takes time in building their car for it and picking their best drivers. 8 vs 8 on it.

So having 2 clubs seems like something that should be done anyways even if 80% of people drop out when CoD comes out.

I love the aggressive AI. Makes the races so much more dynamic and exciting. I really like how they'll brake-check you on straight aways if you get too close.

I bought Forza 4 and the wireless wheel today. I played a single race with the wheel, and fell in love with it (which is what convinced me to buy it), but I've since realised you can't plug a headset into the wheel. What a load of bullshit. The main reason I got Forza 4 (and 3) is to play online with friends.

You can use a bluetooth headset, but I have a Turtle Beach, so that would be a downgrade for me. And upgrading to a bluetooth Turtle Beach would cost an obscene amount of money.

I'll be returning the wheel tomorrow.

Aw yeah, just made a KILLER D-Class Miata. Sooooooo nice to drive, fast as fuck in the corners.

Just don't let it get in a straight line or it'll die past 104 MPH, the engine literally can't pull hard enough to accelerate past that point, probably due to the maxed out cornering downforce and tight gearing.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
BoobPhysics101 said:
I love the aggressive AI. Makes the races so much more dynamic and exciting. I really like how they'll brake-check you on straight aways if you get too close.

In my experience, they do anything but this. It isn't exciting at all. It gets more apparent that the AI is shit the further you go on in World Tour. I just passed level 17, and am doing some S-class races, and turn one is always a bumper car crash fest. It's like they tried programming different AI to Forza 3 and just said "Fuck it, I give up!".

Sometimes the AI just follows a set line, regardless of what you are doing, which I'm somewhat used to as older racing games did this. Other AI drivers, though, ram you at full speed from behind as you are slowing to go into a corner. I never, ever had this happen in Froza 3 and have it happen now practically every race.

The culmination of all this bullshit is the removal of picking your AI difficulty in the World Tour. One race I'll lap the field, the very next one have trouble coming in 3rd.

Grassy

NullPointer said:
Love this game. Absolutely hate the AI.

I think I may have experienced only one race where I wasn't forced off the track, sideswiped or hit in the rear so far. A lot of the time (although not all) they don't seem to realize you're on the track, occupying space. Other times they seem to know but don't care and will careen right into you - like they're trying to cut you off, but miscalculating and slamming into your front sides.

I don't remember Forza 3 being this bad.

Yeah it's a shame because it ruins any chances of getting good photo's when you're car is all beaten up because the A.I rams you at the first corner. Fucking shits me off how they brake mid-corner too, or just in places they don't even need to.

Worst A.I effort I've seen was yesterday on Sedona in an A600 race in my 3rd season(6 Cylinder only race). I led the whole race then on the last lap, on the last corner, the A.I came flying up my left-hand side OFF the racing line and then simply t-boned me to get back on the racing line because it had nowhere to go, forcing me off the road and meaning a restart. Fucking annoying if you have rewind turned off.

Shortt Sirket said:
Yeah. I think they wanted to do it t make the Reward Cars "even" to a degree. I don't mind because it can mean free money if you want to convert it to stock. Although the computer chooses some odd things for its auto upgrade system.

It does choose weird things and I always find something else I can add like a clutch upgrade or flywheel upgrade etc that will still keep the car in the same Class.

h3ro

I'm having Forza withdrawl. I guess that's expected when you put 17 hours in on a game after only 2 days post launch. :lol

Waiting on my brother so I can finish Gears Co-op. Then? Forza alllll night. :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
h3ro said:
I'm having Forza withdrawl. I guess that's expected when you put 17 hours in on a game after only 2 days post launch. :lol

Waiting on my brother so I can finish Gears Co-op. Then? Forza alllll night. :D
Similar boat here man, I have all the time in the world for Forza now that my brother got frustrated with the last Gears boss on insane after we've put probably 6 hours into trying to beat it (non-arcade)! :lol

Finishing expert season now.

BoobPhysics101 said:

WTF you are insane. First off, they aren't "brake checking" you, they are just braking early, just like in Forza 3, annoying as shit. Second off, in racing you wouldn't "brake check" someone for following too closely, lol. You do realize what would happen if someone were to do that in a race right?

lil smoke

Banned
Has anyone tried a race with 11 AI Hummers on Pro diff? I made a private race, used my stock Hummer, and ran it at TGTT Full. It was like a bunch of angry yellow buses trying to get to school on time. Funnest thing I've ever done.

You can really see your driving mistakes like shifting just a few ms too late, or getting an apex just off a bit, and seeing the impact it has on your distance to the next guy, and your overall lap time. All the Hummers stay so close together, it becomes a serious 2 lap challenge to make it thru clean, however it's next to impossible to avoid rubbing alongside of them on the narrow areas. I promise you'll get a good chuckle out of it either way.

aaaaa0

NullPointer said:
There always seems to be one driver that can barely manage to stay on the track, and at least one other that's aggressive as hell and loves to smack other cars around.

I see you have met M. Rossi.

eek5

NullPointer said:
There always seems to be one driver that can barely manage to stay on the track, and at least one other that's aggressive as hell and loves to smack other cars around.
I am both those guys. :D

aaaaa0 said:
I see you have met M. Rossi.
Well now that I know his name I'm going to keep an extra eye on that jackass. Thanks.

I'm fine with the other driver who always seems to careen off the track and spin out in the second to last lap. At least he's good for comic relief. ;P

eek5 said:
I am both those guys. :D
Well if we ever race online, no worries, as I only slam other cars in revenge. I can be a devious bastard when provoked. ;P

gtmax

Trying the demo and love the new tire model. The M5 is so driftable i could drive the thing all day. This game is begging to be played with a wheel though.

One question, any chance there will be an update to correct the lack of steering action as seen on the screen? The wheel turns no more than 20%. it's very frustrating to watch. at least give me the option to get rid of it altogether.

Looking forward to getting this tomorrow. Should've bought the goddamn GT2 wheel...

Iknos

flashburn2012 said:
WTF you are insane. First off, they aren't "brake checking" you, they are just braking early, just like in Forza 3, annoying as shit. Second off, in racing you wouldn't "brake check" someone for following too closely, lol. You do realize what would happen if someone were to do that in a race right?

lol pretty sure was kidding about the brake check and was referring to what you explained

Think the drivers are bad now? In Forza 5 cars honk at you and drivers give you the finger each time they pass you. Shoot oil out the back to make you slip. Tune your car to have forward facing machine guns and that will no longer be a problem.

gtmax said:
Looking forward to getting this tomorrow. Should've bought the goddamn GT2 wheel...

My advice is to hold off on the wheel purchase until 1:1 steering is put in. Or at least the credit problem has been addressed.

I'm happy that 0Cr bug is in there. Hopefully gets T10 to fix the 900 degree wheel support in all aspects. Remember these guys didn't patch 1:1 support in FM3 so now is a good excuse to address multiple bugs related to the wheel.

Iknos said:
Think the drivers are bad now? In Forza 5 cars honk at you and drivers give you the finger each time they pass you. Shoot oil out the back to make you slip. Tune your car to have forward facing machine guns and that will no longer be a problem.
If Forza 5 is the pod-racer sequel I've dreamed of for years than hell yeah, day 1 for me :)

lord pie

I played the game for a good number of hours tonight.

Overall it's great. The audio is a massive upgrade. Hockenheim is rather arsey.

The multiplayer seems a lot more stable (in game), 16 player races are excellent. Although:

- I'm already seeing a bunch of Audi S5s.. :-(
- Muting people is a pain. It's also very hard to tell who is talking.
- It still has the issue where sometimes only a fer people from the game actually race - and everyone else is kicked back to the lobby. Happened twice tonight.

Most significantly; I can't upload photos. It fails every time... Is this happening to anyone else? :-(

Shaneus

Iknos said:
Think the drivers are bad now? In Forza 5 cars honk at you and drivers give you the finger each time they pass you.
PGR4
Shoot oil out the back to make you slip. Tune your car to have forward facing machine guns and that will no longer be a problem.
Blur

Slayer-33 said:
Banking MAD money from rivals mode.

FEELS GOOD MAN.jpg
Same boat. Surprised me how quickly I hit full affinity for Ford parts, too. Although, on the modes I've set times for, I couldn't see you anywhere ;)

It's kind of weird that in rivals mode you can sometimes hit cones and go over a line a lot an not get tagged invalid for it, then there are other times that you get tagged for the slightest touch of grass.

Shaenus: I raced your ghost in RPC more than I care to admit. You kill me on turn two. In your best time, did you hit a few of those cones in the hammer head or does your ghost just show it off a bit? The reason I picked you as a rival is because you're the top one that uses the same assists as me... and well it's fun. :D

Finally got another Live sub, so I can race some of you guys now. My Gamertag is 'Disgustipated X' if anyone is interested.

Is anyone interested in buying some of my tunes if I put them up in the store? Or do I need to set top 50 laptimes on tracks with them or something? Seems like it'd be a pain to differentiate yourself on such a huge storefront.

flashburn2012 said:

You do realize A. I was kidding and B. have raced on tracks IRL before? I was making a dig at their goofball behavior. :p

Shaneus

Quote said:
It's kind of weird that in rivals mode you can sometimes hit cones and go over a line a lot an not get tagged invalid for it, then there are other times that you get tagged for the slightest touch of grass.

Shaenus: I raced your ghost in RPC more than I care to admit. You kill me on turn two. In your best time, did you hit a few of those cones in the hammer head or does your ghost just show it off a bit? The reason I picked you as a rival is because you're the top one that uses the same assists as me... and well it's fun. :D
Yeah, I do! I don't know whether it's considered cheating or not, but you have to know just how much of the corners you can cut without getting a warning. It's served me well in a lot of the rival times I've set.

Also, don't expect to get great times in a few laps. Pretty much every rivals and thing I've been in as well as RPC I've put in at least an hour or two.

The Stig

im trying very hard to join crudediatribes lobby but constantly failing. I have a decent connection but it just says networks problems are preventing me from joining

Top Bottom