• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This game gives you such a rewarding fucking feeling when you run your lines perfect and exit out of turns giving out full power without spinning out and having no assists on. Oh man it really feels like F355 challenge (the driving) so fucking good.

I am fucking addicted, that demo addiction feeling of the Zonda Cinque @ the alps is starting to be felt with every car that I focus on now.. I am tuning my Veyron to have lots of downforce and I capped it at R3 800 for the track I'm doing, I'm learning how to tune little by little as the car is giving me the feedback that I need.

This strategic customizing and deep driving experience is fucking magical, I swear this shit won't run out of legs for me til FM 5.

Fuck! I want to be home right now

Shaneus

enzo_gt said:
Seriously. I thought I played a lot and I cannot physically keep up with you mad Gaffers here.
Funny thing is, I switched it back on. Shit did not get done.

Do have the highest score on the first Rivals drift thing, though. But man, my hands are fucking killing me.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shaneus said:
Funny thing is, I switched it back on. Shit did not get done.

Do have the highest score on the first Rivals drift thing, though. But man, my hands are fucking killing me.
I can't wait to learn how to drift properly, it seems easier to do than 3 because of how much better the driving/weight/tires feedback is now.

Izayoi

Banned
Where do I delete my photos on forzamotorsport.net? Says I can't upload anymore images because I'm full but I don't see any option to delete on the gallery page.

I spent some time with the editor today and figured why not show some love to RUF, I mean there got to be some RUF lovers out there right? Here is a little preview of what's coming next from HD Paintshop ;)

6245663502_497e401a68_z.jpg

pmj

Sorry Loop and Fujisawa who just tried to play with me (tumvante), but I have no goddamn clue what I'm doing in those menus and how to locate the car you chose, and I don't have a microphone so I can ask for help.

SarBear

H3rTz DoNuT said:
I spent some time with the editor today and figured why not show some love to RUF, I mean there got to be some RUF lovers out there right? Here is a little preview of what's coming next from HD Paintshop ;)

6245663502_497e401a68_z.jpg

Hi!

nagge

I like how a new game really sinks in after a good nights sleep and you really think about all the improvements that has been made.

On a side note, anyone that wants to trade their subaru code for a BMW code?

H3rTz DoNuT said:

I am a huge Porsche fan and anything 911.

Grassy

enzo_gt said:
Seriously. I thought I played a lot and I cannot physically keep up with you mad Gaffers here.

I haven't played a game this much since...fuck knows when. I spent 14 hours playing on day one, I have never played a game that much in one session. That was before I even tried Rival's mode too!

Izayoi said:
Where do I delete my photos on forzamotorsport.net? Says I can't upload anymore images because I'm full but I don't see any option to delete on the gallery page.

Navigate to your storefront when you're in-game(Community>Storefront>My Storefront) and you can view and delete your photos from there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Speaking of rivals, a personal shout out to skyfinch for setting the bar low on most of those. Muchos appreciated brother.

eek5

enzo_gt said:
Speaking of rivals, a personal shout out to skyfinch for setting the bar low on most of those. Muchos appreciated brother.
Haha.. his message box must have exploded since anyone doing a rivals challenge for the first time gets h is rival time

edit: wow just went from driving the radical on nurb rivals challenge to driving the tesla .. so eerie sounding rofl

Shaneus

Slayer-33 said:
I can't wait to learn how to drift properly, it seems easier to do than 3 because of how much better the driving/weight/tires feedback is now.
It really is easier. Never got that cheevo in FM3 at all. When I was doing that Tsukuba one with the Supra (omg so much fun, but it took me forever to beat my rival) and got the knack of feathering the trigger... it was pure zen.

evanylee said:
Once you lose ABS, you'll get to know the car so well, that if it were legal, you'd marry it.
That's one of the things that's excited me about the game. Doing the RPC challenge I really got to get a feel for the Cee'd. Another, the Ka. Then, the MR2. The fact that there's 500 of these cars that I have a chance to learn and experience... holy shit. And I get to tinker and customise them as much as I want!

skyfinch

enzo_gt said:

LOL, I was going for the "set a time in all rivals modes" achievement. So I just ran through them. Look at my cone challenges. They're like 10 minutes. Don't worry. After I'm done world tour (on last season at the moment), I will redo all my rival times.

Muerte_X

I love rivals mode. There's a pretty decent spread of skill with my friends who have the game, so as I get better there's always someone else to really test me. Beating them is always so satisfying.

I will say though, I really hate how they decide what is a "dirty" lap. I try my hardest to not cross over the lines, then I see my rival going off the road, kicking up dirt, etc. And is still ranked with a clean lap. Then I barely touch some lines and it gives me a dirty lap.

Just for fun I watched the number one guy in the stock car on infineon monthly rivals event. Dude was cutting all kinds of corners. And had half his car over the rumble strips at times. So I guess not only do you have to learn the track, but also memorize where you can go offroad and not get a penalized for it.

dejay

Banned
I've was just informed by the game that my save file is corrupt and that I have to delete it from the dash. It was while I was trying to save a setup. Luckily it turns out there are multiple save files so I just had to delete the corrupted tune saves. I was going to be annoyed.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with this game at the moment. When I'm good at it I love it, when I suck I hate it.

I found out that not only does the speed wheel think it's a fixed wheel when you switch controllers, but the only time you get proper vibration is when it's in that fixed wheel mode, so I've gotten used to switching gears with A/X again. I managed to pop one of the plastic covers off the end of the wheel and now I can't get it back on. The LED in there is bright!

Addnan

Dying to pick this game up, hopefully will have it within a week or two at most.

So what is everyones opinion on the wireless wheel thingy? Worth the money?

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
nagge said:
I like how a new game really sinks in after a good nights sleep and you really think about all the improvements that has been made.

On a side note, anyone that wants to trade their subaru code for a BMW code?

which BMW is this?

ecnal

lord pie said:
The multiplayer seems a lot more stable (in game), 16 player races are excellent. Although:

- It still has the issue where sometimes only a fer people from the game actually race - and everyone else is kicked back to the lobby. Happened twice tonight.

this is starting to drive me insane... wasting so much time just trying to find a lobby that actually loads correctly.

also hitting a soft lock on the circuit race loading screen in online... i can hear people on their mics, but it just never loads into the race -- has happened 5+ times today.

also, it's really not fun to be thrown into a lobby w/ less than 5 seconds left till it launches. i would like to choose my car, please.

What's with the weirdness on the rivals stuff. If I get a lap that is void (triangle) the following laps are automatically considered void. Yet sometimes, one lap is void but the following lap is considered clean.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Learn to TUNE cars for specific purposes/tracks guys, only just upgrading them doesn't really mean jack until you tune, even if you upgrade a limited amount of parts it can still mean you got yourself a glove to hand fit once you tune it for you to destroy leaderboards.

It's an entirely new game when you add tuning to the mix. It's really apparent now with the gameplay changes done to FM4. I'm so hyped now..

God dammit I wish I was playing right now..

Izayoi

Banned
Jube3 said:
Have you guys seen this 92 megapixel Panorama stitch (19 stitches)?
http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=...c-f00d183c769b
Amazing.

RukusProvider said:
What's with the weirdness on the rivals stuff. If I get a lap that is void (triangle) the following laps are automatically considered void. Yet sometimes, one lap is void but the following lap is considered clean.
If you fuck up on or right after the last turn it will carry over to your next lap.

Just rewind to before the last turn and run it clean.

RukusProvider said:

It's to prevent people from cheating, cutting corner before start line to get better position and speed. So you have to run "clean" before the final turn to keep your next lap clean.

eso76

Izayoi said:

in your storefront, you have to click and delete them one by one, which is annoying.
we need an option to remove them all at once, either in game or in fm.net or both

eso76

And yeah the cpu is a little rough, but GAF drivers were a lot worse last night :D

i disagree with people saying Ai is not aware of your position on the track, though.
i've seen it reacting with incredible responsiveness and sometimes even 'thinking ahead'.

i posted this in the other thread, i have many better examples but haven't uploaded them yet.

Camera is on a cpu car, i'm the one in the ferrari ahead, going offroad.
look at how both cpu controlled cars react to my position and to each other's position at the same time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTevVSyjn8s&NR=1

eso76 said:
i've seen it reacting with incredible responsiveness and sometimes even 'thinking ahead'.
Same here.

The problem is those other times, when it doesn't. Its something I see once or twice in almost every race.

nagge

Mascot said:
I'll trade if the other trade talks through. Haven't got my code yet though.

Sure thing, no ones shown any real interest so far, so when you get the code let me know and we'll swap :)

dejay

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
Learn to TUNE cars for specific purposes/tracks guys, only just upgrading them doesn't really mean jack until you tune, even if you upgrade a limited amount of parts it can still mean you got yourself a glove to hand fit once you tune it for you to destroy leaderboards.

It's an entirely new game when you add tuning to the mix. It's really apparent now with the gameplay changes done to FM4. I'm so hyped now..

God dammit I wish I was playing right now..

I've learned the gentle art of letting someone else tune my car who knows what they're doing. I have very little skill in that regard. I can adjust some ratios to suit the course, and add some aero, but if I touch anything else I usually end up with an uncontrollable mess. Thank goodness for being able to buy tunes!

Addnan said:
So what is everyones opinion on the wireless wheel thingy? Worth the money?

I got it packaged in with the game so it only cost me $40 or so. Definitely worth it if your only alternative is a controller - so much more control.

Something small that I absolutely love is the racing feats stuff. I have drastically improved my cornering just by knowing which turns I did the best and which ones I could improve. While I'm on the topic how do you get the speed feats, its the only one that hasn't given me any feedback.

Slayer-33 said:
I wish I even knew where to start on this stuff. I still can't wrap my head around the telemetry screens, much less parse that information into something useful in tuning.

Mizzou Gaming said:
Something small that I absolutely love is the racing feats stuff. I have drastically improved my cornering just by knowing which turns I did the best and which ones I could improve. While I'm on the topic how do you get the speed feats, its the only one that hasn't given me any feedback.
I'm not sure about the perfect turn feats though. I'd hope it was just a matter of taking a turn at speed, but I think it has more to do with following the established line, which makes it less rewarding for me.

eek5

PjotrStroganov said:
Wow, it's frustrating racing only, not knowing how many assists someone else uses. It feels like I'm being punished by racing 'pure'.
You can always make a custom public lobby and force whatever assists you want

eso76

NullPointer said:
Same here.

The problem is those other times, when it doesn't. Its something I see once or twice in almost every race.

i am thinking maybe AI only takes a limited number of cars around it into account and the cars exceeding the number are ignored, i don't know.

pmj

I think the AI does a fine job of looking at what goes on in front of it and act appropriately (even if it's been tuned to be more aggressive this time around). The problem is that it doesn't have any awareness of what's going on behind it. Awareness of your position seems to only kick in when you've got your nose ahead of it. It can make overtaking difficult as the AI will mercilessly squeeze you off the road if you're on the racing line that it wants to use.

pmj said:
I think the AI does a fine job of looking at what goes on in front of it and act appropriately (even if it's been tuned to be more aggressive this time around). The problem is that it doesn't have any awareness of what's going on behind it. Awareness of your position seems to only kick in when you've got your nose ahead of it. It can make overtaking difficult as the AI will mercilessly squeeze you off the road if you're on the racing line that it wants to use.
I think you've cracked the code. And knowing is half the battle.

eso76

pmj said:
I think the AI does a fine job of looking at what goes on in front of it and act appropriately (even if it's been tuned to be more aggressive this time around). The problem is that it doesn't have any awareness of what's going on behind it.

even then, it's up to the ones behind to react to what happens ahead, but even that is not entirely true because the cpu will sometimes block your attempts at overtaking.

On an unrelated note, playing Fm4 made me grow a beard and i hadn't even realized.

Really. Well, it has more to do with the fact i've had the game for two weeks during which i couldn't really be bothered to shave.

Shaneus

So. Sore hands from the controller. What can I do to stop this from happening so I can play more Forza? The answer is NOT "buy a Fanatec wheel".

eek5

Shaneus said:
So. Sore hands from the controller. What can I do to stop this from happening so I can play more Forza? The answer is NOT "buy a Fanatec wheel".
I think if you played the equivalent amount of time on a fanatec wheel your arms would be toast :lol

Top Bottom