• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shaneus said:
So. Sore hands from the controller. What can I do to stop this from happening so I can play more Forza? The answer is NOT "buy a Fanatec wheel".
Airwheel time?

I can't believe I'm saying this but i love my 360 controller.

I need to try the airwheel though..

Neo 007

Got a G25 for GT5.
Whats a good wheel for Forza (that won't totally kill my wallet.)

P.S why the hell hasn't someone made an interface thingy that the G25 and X-Box 360 can live together.

Playing this with no assists, no driving lines, manual with clutch and rewind switched off, having a blast but yeah the over aggressive AI drivers are beginning to fuck me off.

Shaneus

eek5 said:
I think if you played the equivalent amount of time on a fanatec wheel your arms would be toast :lol
5 hours driving time, I estimate about 4-4.5 are exclusively in Rivals mode. 0.2% of career done :lol

Slayer-33 said:
Airwheel time?

I can't believe I'm saying this but i love my 360 controller.

I need to try the airwheel though..
Possibly. I have given it a crack but it just doesn't feel like I'll get the same results as the controller. Maybe I'll just leave it in attract mode...

It starts again, it starts again...

Honestly, I see myself putting in the most time ever in a game into this. Can't estimate... 100 hours? 200? Realistically, at least an hour every night and possibly 3-4 on Saturdays and Sundays. Minimum. Feels like I've put in more than the 5 hours it says in my profile just since this morning (around 12 hours).

eso76

Shaneus said:
So. Sore hands from the controller. What can I do to stop this from happening so I can play more Forza? The answer is NOT "buy a Fanatec wheel".

Nah, with a fanatec you would have gotten sore hands, wrists, arms, shoulders and legs. Abs and back too. It's also 1200% more fun though, and tbh i think physics are very different when playing with a wheel, you can even tell from replay videos.

Airwheel or kinect, maybe.

Or hire driver and let the game play itself :p

Neo 007 said:
Got a G25 for GT5.
Whats a good wheel for Forza (that won't totally kill my wallet.)

P.S why the hell hasn't someone made an interface thingy that the G25 and X-Box 360 can live together.
They have
$80, No FFB, requires a wired controller.

Which means it garbage.

Shaneus

eso76 said:
Nah, with a fanatec you would have gotten sore hands, wrists, arms, shoulders and legs. Abs and back too. It's also 1200% more fun though, and tbh i think physics are very different when playing with a wheel, you can even tell from replay videos.

Airwheel or kinect, maybe.

Or hire driver and let the game play itself :p
Oh shit, hire driver is back? Is it the same as FM3 or can you pick who you want to drive for you?

Some of the prices that unicorn cars are going for are insane.

I am watching the HKS Time Attack Evolution (2006 Mitsubishi), with 2 minutes left to go, currently at 765 million.

Is there any legit way a player could get that sort of money in this game so soon? Really, I am scratching my head. What chance does a normal player have of getting a unicorn at these prices?

Edit: So the bidding just maxed out at 999,999,999 credits.

eek5

Captain Bluey said:

I am watching the HKS Time Attack Evolution (2006 Mitsubishi), with 2 minutes left to go, currently at 765 million.

Is there any legit way a player could get that sort of money in this game so soon? Really, I am scratching my head. What chance does a normal player have of getting a unicorn at these prices?

Cheaters ruining it for everyone else. Surprise surprise.

I wish T10 would just randomly list unicorns with buy it nows to avoid this stuff

Shaneus said:
Oh shit, hire driver is back? Is it the same as FM3 or can you pick who you want to drive for you?

Looks like there is no choice of driver. :/ Looks like the driver uses all assists too. Not sure how the winnings will work out

drivercut.jpg

I guess he takes half. Assists he uses don't count, it's just based off what you have set.

Captain Bluey said:

Yea I saw the S15 drift Silvia at 700 million earlier today. So freaking dumb, I love that car but there is no way I ever accumulate that much. Not a fan of this unicorn garbage at all.

Dommel

I played most of the evening yesterday and went from level 0 to 15 with the Fanatec CSR wheel, first few races at 270 degrees and the rest on 900.

I think I saw the 0CR bug maybe 4-5 times which is annoying but on the other hand with all assists off, no rewinds etc you earn 160% credits. I think I missed out 50k-70k in credits in 4-5 hours of play which is not the end of the world.

Game is great though, Rivals Mode is going to be a huge time sink. AI is OK for me, it's nice to see them crash and make mistakes instead of a perfect train doing its laps. When they drive you off the road it's not so nice of course but I've yet to lose a race because of it.

I asked the other day but had no luck so i apologize for asking again but does anyone know where I can find proper wheel settings for the original MS Wireless Steering Wheel? I'd really appreciate help finding a good setup.

nagge

Getting to grips with heal/toeing, its such a blast, this is the most involving racing game I've ever played, and I think a lot is down to the controllers.

Absolutely in love with this game, and I'm still enjoying the heck out of C-class cars which I never touched in previous titles.

G Rom

So, Shaneus, I think you were pretty vocal about your RPC time... :D
Time to turn your console on again ! :p

I think you can greatly improve your time BTW, you were constantly ahead of me during most of the lap, it was in the fast part that I was catching you.

eso76

Shaneus said:

Same as Fm3, unfortunately.

They really need to bring all drivatar features from fm1 back for fm5, i really liked training mine and seeing how it would do in races.

They also need to re-enable replay cameras when watching the hired driver race.
It was there in fm2, although iirc pp effects and motion blur were disabled.

Anyone tried top gear football yet ? i should pick up my lce later today, so far i couldn't download that 'track' or even the benchmark track on green disc version. I guess you need codes for those ?

Also, Alfa Romeo Giulietta here i come :)

The_Monk

Loving World Tour so far. Having a lot of fun driving those slower cars. Ferraris? Pfft long live the VW and the Honda, haha.

As soon as I finish it I'll be getting the event list races and some Rivals races.

Tried online but it was strange, waited more that I expected even selecting any type of races, strange...

Hows GAF club hanging? Who's in charge now?

G Rom

Beating a rival by 4 thousandth and still getting the 150,000 Cr bounty :
sogood.gif

My next target is Big Takover but I really need to improve the first sectors, I'm getting destroyed in those...

Sorry for quitting out of the gaf lobby last night, it was 2.30am and whoever decided to use the back of me as a brake on laguna annoyed me a little bit when I had lack of sleep.

Will play more with you guys today hopefully.

The Speed Wheel must be the surprise accessory of this generation. Ridiculed by everyone who saw it when announced, loved by everyone who uses it.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Diablohead said:
Sorry for quitting out of the gaf lobby last night, it was 2.30am and whoever decided to use the back of me as a brake on laguna annoyed me a little bit when I had lack of sleep.

Will play more with you guys today hopefully.

cmon bro avatar quote, you are making it too easy :)

I think it's quite obvious that the AI in this game was toned down to help with more cars on track and all the other upgrades the game does in races, they drive into the back of you, they push you off the road, they are generally shit now.

It's not AI aggressiveness, it's AI blindness.

G Rom said:
Beating a rival by 4 thousandth and still getting the 150,000 Cr bounty :
sogood.gif

My next target is Big Takover but I really need to improve the first sectors, I'm getting destroyed in those...
I'm horrendous at the "second to last corner". I just don't see it right. It's not my favorite track.

I've been way more sucked into BOSS Mustang@Laguna (Seanspeed), LFA@Infineon (Spaceman Spiff), and Stratos@Amalfi (op ivy). It's a street fight with these guys, I tell ya'. So much fun.

Actually my favorite Rivals run I've done so far is NASCAR@Infineon, but I've only done a couple laps. The car is beastly, the track is beastly, the racket coming from my speakers is beastly.

BrokenSymmetry said:
The Speed Wheel must be the surprise accessory of this generation. Ridiculed by everyone who saw it when announced, loved by everyone who uses it.
It really is, and it's cheap too (same price as a regular controller in the UK at least, £35~)

I only tried it in a store but I was accurate enough to drive with no assists, at home after some practice i'd be even better with one. Next pay day for sure.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Diablohead said:
It really is, and it's cheap too (same price as a regular controller in the UK at least, £35~)

I only tried it in a store but I was accurate enough to drive with no assists, at home after some practice i'd be even better with one. Next pay day for sure.

I wonder what MS will do with future revisions for 360/nextbox (better ergonomics and precision?), this thing can become the controller for racing games beside the big boy wheels.

Slayer-33 said:
I wonder what MS will do with future revisions for 360/nextbox, this thing can become the controller for racing games beside the big boy wheels.

They will add shoulder buttons at some point. I also think developers will start designing their racing games with this thing in mind if it sells well enough. When going back and playing older titles, you can tell the Speed Wheel was not taken into account at all.

I agree that the Speed Wheel is amazingly fun and adds a surprising amount to the game.

The Stig

it was fun last night guys. sorry my mic was set so loud. didnt figure it out til the end.

also I really should change my username, there are several players who are WAY faster than me.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
pmj said:
Sorry Loop and Fujisawa who just tried to play with me (tumvante), but I have no goddamn clue what I'm doing in those menus and how to locate the car you chose, and I don't have a microphone so I can ask for help.

np. i thought you just didnt want to race anything but R2 ;)

we were racing with cars from the club garage.

hgplayer1

Mizzou Gaming said:
Something small that I absolutely love is the racing feats stuff. I have drastically improved my cornering just by knowing which turns I did the best and which ones I could improve. While I'm on the topic how do you get the speed feats, its the only one that hasn't given me any feedback.

May have already been answered but I got the Speed feat on a super speedway race so I think it might have something to do with going full throttle for a period of time.

op_ivy

eso76 said:
And yeah the cpu is a little rough, but GAF drivers were a lot worse last night :D

i disagree with people saying Ai is not aware of your position on the track, though.
i've seen it reacting with incredible responsiveness and sometimes even 'thinking ahead'.

i posted this in the other thread, i have many better examples but haven't uploaded them yet.

Camera is on a cpu car, i'm the one in the ferrari ahead, going offroad.
look at how both cpu controlled cars react to my position and to each other's position at the same time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTevVSyjn8s&NR=1

pmj said:
I think the AI does a fine job of looking at what goes on in front of it and act appropriately (even if it's been tuned to be more aggressive this time around). The problem is that it doesn't have any awareness of what's going on behind it. Awareness of your position seems to only kick in when you've got your nose ahead of it. It can make overtaking difficult as the AI will mercilessly squeeze you off the road if you're on the racing line that it wants to use.

this. oh god, this.

got the whole day for fm4, so happy! if you want to race, or have races going and see me onle, shoot an invite. anyone looking for a club still, search RCP

witness

Getting a new hard drive today, because they are on sale, so I can actually have more than just Forza 4 taking up most of my 20gig. With all the season pass dlc I wouldn't of had a chance to keep using it.

I went ahead and upgraded my King Cobra to a all out drag car, its faster than my dragged out Hemi Dart, and it wont let me use it in the muscle car drag playlist. Glad all those ford parts were free, I ended up just converting it back to a D350.

Is anyone having problems with their connection? It sometimes takes a lot of time to load rivals data and many times it just says there is a server error. It also seems to slow down my wireless to almost a halt. It could be coincidence though but before F4 I didn't have any network problems.

PjotrStroganov said:
Is anyone having problems with their connection? It sometimes takes a lot of time to load rivals data and many times it just says there is a server error. It also seems to slow down my wireless to almost a halt. It could be coincidence though but before F4 I didn't have any network problems.

Same problem here, loading rivals and ghosts takes ages.

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
Anyone else from Gaf being flagged and banned mistakenly on FM4? (not piracy related problem, disc error/old Xbox compatibility problem, supposedly...)

I hope they fix that problem soon, can't access to ANY online feature.
No leaderboards at all, no online racing, no photo uploading, no storefronts, no rivals mode.
Sent a mail, can't do shit except waiting.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I can't seem to be able to save replays or make a movie and upload it. Every time I do it says the save file is corrupt and to go to the dashboard to delete the files and try again. Done this three times, nothing, just get the same problem. Not very happy.

Fox Mulder

Captain Bluey said:

No way in hell. They're probably messing with their save file or profile on the pc to give themselves all that money, just like you can do with most other games. Cheaters ruin everything, there's even programs to unlock achievements on your profile with time stamps.

This has been a problem since F2, but the unicorns are still sold the same way while money cheats emerge early every time. I was lucky to get the Lotus Exige unicorn in F2, but the prices quickly shot to the moon. All they'd have to really do is have random auctions with buyouts.

op_ivy

bkfount said:
No way in hell. They're probably messing with their save file or profile on the pc to give themselves all that money, just like you can do with most other games. Cheaters ruin everything, there's even programs to unlock achievements on your profile with time stamps.

This has been a problem since F2, but the unicorns are still sold the same way while money cheats emerge early every time. I was lucky to get the Lotus Exige unicorn in F2, but the prices quickly shot to the moon. All they'd have to really do is have random auctions with buyouts.

i hope they can change how they are auctioned off because this is crazy

evanylee

I'm still amazed by the engine sounds in the game. Try taking the BMW LMR out and listening to the v12 whine at low RPM.

Also, I just watched a documentary about the 24 Hours of Le Mans called "Truth in 24" It's available on iTunes and used to be free. The Audi diesel engine designer and drivers were talking about how quiet the diesel engine is of the Audi R10. In fact, the transmission is louder than the exhaust noise. Got in my R10 in Forza, and all the sounds from that car are so authentic!!!

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
SPEEDxNASTY said:
Anyone else from Gaf being flagged and banned mistakenly on FM4? (not piracy related problem, disc error/old Xbox compatibility problem, supposedly...)

I hope they fix that problem soon, can't access to ANY online feature.
No leaderboards at all, no online racing, no photo uploading, no storefronts, no rivals mode.
Sent a mail, can't do shit except waiting.

Just checked on my Xbox, my profile seems to have been unlocked.

Fox Mulder

op_ivy said:
i hope they can change how they are auctioned off because this is crazy

doubtful as this has been going on the same way since forza 2. They obviously want unicorns to be used as cheater bait and encouragement for participation in community events.

Unicorns should be from turn10 tournaments or rivals mode or something, buying them via auction is asking for people to hack and cheat money in some way, thus breaking the point of credits for everyone else who is legit.

Some things work better on paper then when in practice.

Top Bottom