• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

large quality video exports are very nice, just sucks that you have to spend 5 minutes trying to upload it to fm.net for such a small export, a 30 second clip would take me a good 20 minutes not including render time :/

Guys,
Just shared this bad boy with GAFclub if anyone is interested.
Its tuned to A Class, and is a perfect thrasher for The Bernese Alps track.
I hope you like it.

6246825290_08e2f59a4c_z.jpg

Paint is also available in my SF - search REW138.
I can also put the tune up if any of you like it.

Cheers.

Really like the music in this game, hearing nothing but the engine is nice but I like to hear action music in my games, forza fits the bill perfectly while racing :) I also set the sound options to tyre priority, hearing those screeches is very important to me.

Giard said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like the music? For me, FM1's music was the best by far.
which part, the more calm menu stuff or the in-race stuff?

I personally love it all, forza 1 had some great tunes but only like 3 of them so they repeated way too often.

Giard

Diablohead said:
which part, the more calm menu stuff or the in-race stuff?

I personally love it all, forza 1 had some great tunes but only like 3 of them so they repeated way too often.

Menu mostly. Loved the guitar remixes.

Lima

SPEEDxNASTY said:
Anyone else from Gaf being flagged and banned mistakenly on FM4? (not piracy related problem, disc error/old Xbox compatibility problem, supposedly...)

I hope they fix that problem soon, can't access to ANY online feature.
No leaderboards at all, no online racing, no photo uploading, no storefronts, no rivals mode.
Sent a mail, can't do shit except waiting.

You just need to wait.

Stupid MS and there new challenge table for Forza. Just like their stupid AP 2.5 stuff many legit retail consoles with legit copies of the game will fail the test.
They also updated that table with the last dashboard. So much for no new features lol.

It is like they didn't test this shit before it goes out.

one thing playing this game that is really bothering me is the shining roads almost as if they are silverish and too smooth. when the sun is in front of you the track becomes too white even in medium brightness. its quite distracting.

skyfinch

Holy messages that you people beat my rivals times. Hope it puts a smile on your faces every time you beat my times. Just keep this in mind, I set all my times using Kinect steering......and I was born with short arms.....

Shaneus

G Rom said:
So, Shaneus, I think you were pretty vocal about your RPC time... :D
Time to turn your console on again ! :p

I think you can greatly improve your time BTW, you were constantly ahead of me during most of the lap, it was in the fast part that I was catching you.
I don't think I was vocal about my time... if anything, I was vocal about the amount of time I spent on it ;)

I'll definitely be giving it another crack, but I want to try out some of the other Rivals modes first. So far I've only played (to a level I'm happy with):
RPC
First community Rivals thing... F class around TG track
First drift challenge with the Supra around Tsukuba
The Positano Stratos one (though I've only given it a quick bash to set a clean lap time)
and... something else?

I currently have the best (or possibly as of reading this, second best) score in the GAF club for the drift challenge and I think I had a top 5 for the F class TG one and RPC. I'm sure I did another as well, but can't recall exactly what it was.

At the moment, the tips of my fingers are still REALLY sore and it took a good few hours for my joints to get back to normal. I have to find another way of holding the pad so when I grip it in tense situations I don't get incredibly uncomfortable.

ghibli99

Played a couple Rivals matches in the GAF club... I could definitely see this mode being way addictive. :)

AI in this game is... eh. Some of the same problems as Forza 3 (AI drivers acting as if you're not even there) with an additional issue that seems to crop up pretty often: pile-ups. It's crazy. :( It's like everyone's just doing their own thing, oblivious to other drivers. Very odd.

Wish photo mode was more robust, too (seems almost identical outside of Autovista). Overall, though, I like it a lot. Looks good (those choppy rearviews suck) and sounds fantastic. I miss the trivia bits during the loading screens.

Marco1

planar1280 said:
one thing playing this game that is really bothering me is the shining roads almost as if they are silverish and too smooth. when the sun is in front of you the track becomes too white even in medium brightness. its quite distracting.
I agree and also now that I have spent more time with autovista, I actually find it boring. Really wish they had put that dev time into more tracks.
Great game though.

Dommel

So I'm trying to beat a rival on Hockenheim in the Audi racing car.

I'm absolutely sure the previous two corners before I cross the line for a new lap are clean and yet the Clean/Dirty Lap indicator stays on as I cross the line.

Is this a bug or am I doing something very wrong?

Marco1 said:
I agree and also now that I have spent more time with autovista, I actually find it boring. Really wish they had put that dev time into more tracks.
Great game though.

Autovista is great, but the problem is you go through each car once and after that, there's nothing else to see.

I too wish for more tracks. For some reason, it feels like there are less tracks than even Forza 3. I don't know the count, so it's probably not true but besides Infineon, Nurburgring GP and Indy are not particularly great additions. The Indy infield is a downright awful road course.

I really miss NYC, not because of the layout, but because it was actually a very unique locale to drive in. There's no equivalent in the game anymore. And the loss of Amalfi full is substantial because the only real point-to-point track left is Fujimi Kaido.

SarBear

skyfinch said:
Holy messages that you people beat my rivals times. Hope it puts a smile on your faces every time you beat my times. Just keep this in mind, I set all my times using Kinect steering......and I was born with short arms.....

Lol, anything else you wanna add to that list?

Hajaz

ok guys, im at level 25 and i stil havent raced on the nordschleife. is this normal? im starting to think somethings gone wrong with my second disc install..

Hockenheim has the best replay cameras ever in the forza series, I find a lot of the older tracks still use Forza-Floating-Cam but overall improved.

All the new tracks have rather great angles, we need more turn10!

Also please give us a tripod option for video exporting, I want some of my own angles :(

Aptos

Does anyone know how to see the tuning parameters when you buy a tune off the storefront? It seems like it's locked and can't be viewed, which I find completely insane.

skyfinch

SarBear said:
Lol, anything else you wanna add to that list?

Had a headache, was not wearing a shirt, had to answer the phone, was washing the dishes. I can make excuses until the sun goes down. :D

Hajaz said:
ok guys, im at level 25 and i stil havent raced on the nordschleife. is this normal? im starting to think somethings gone wrong with my second disc install..

I am on the last season. I have done some passing challenges against another car on small sections, but do not recall racing an entire lap. Could be wrong, there are too many races for me to remember.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Aptos said:
Does anyone know how to see the tuning parameters when you buy a tune off the storefront? It seems like it's locked and can't be viewed, which I find completely insane.

makes perfect sense to me, dont want others copying and selling tunes as their own

UGH exported videos still suffer from random square jpg artifacts randomly appearing over the cars especially in slow motion captures. How am I suppose to make good looking videos with this mess :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hajaz said:
I'm around level 30 and I raced it for the first time in the season play. Though I did play online a bit though. You play a traffic one-on-one for the first time at the end of the fifth or sixth season I think.

SarBear

.....I dunno, as much as i am a Ferrari nut.....I really don't think too much of this 458 Italia. I'd rather a 430. Seems the 430 just has a wee bit more grip around cornering while the 458 is just a monster in terms of "git."

...still better than any Lambo, however. ;)

Edit: The servers have just been shitty the last couple days. And the website, too. God freakin' awful.

PjotrStroganov said:
Wow, it's frustrating racing online, not knowing how many assists someone else uses. It feels like I'm being punished by racing 'pure'.

If you can drive without them, the assists just make you slower.

spectating an online race right now, man so many people just ignore who is next to them in a corner and crash each other out.

So glad open lobbies are back then just hoppers only. Lobbies are also good for forcing assists like you could in forza 2.

GAF we need to RACE RIGHT NOW! who is on?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When does the new "day" start for logging into community to get your daily Cr bonus? Sure as hell isn't midnight EST.

PjotrStroganov said:
Anyone having problems with long loading times in online matches? It just loads and then goes back to the lobby.

Servers are unstable as hell right now, might be related to that.

The game has been stuck trying to download a tuning setup for like 15 minutes now. I'm afraid to do anything because it's on one of those "Don't turn of your console..." screens.

The Stig

Sorry to those gaffers today who tried to get me to race and I did not respond. I was actually at work and had left the 360 idle on the dashboard!

NullPointer said:
I wish I even knew where to start on this stuff. I still can't wrap my head around the telemetry screens, much less parse that information into something useful in tuning.

I'm not sure about the perfect turn feats though. I'd hope it was just a matter of taking a turn at speed, but I think it has more to do with following the established line, which makes it less rewarding for me.

Tuning is really complex, especially if you don't know real life tuning fundamentals. The help screens in the tuning section do a good job of explaining things to you somewhat, but putting everything together isn't always that easy since it's a giant system that all works together.

If you tell me which car you need a tune for, I can make one for you. If the car is really good, sometimes I'll spend 30-60 mins just running the car and tuning on the fly. Some cars need minimal fine-tuning (example: 1st gen Miata is amazing even bonestock, and I had it dialed in with less than 5 mins of tuning after just applying what I thought would be good settings.)

sinnergy

I have a question about the Anti Aliasing in the game. I had the feeling that it was way more jaggie than the demo I played.

So I went back to the demo, which I played mostly in rival mode, and indeed it's much smoother.

Fired up the retail version and also did rivals, game is also much smoother in retail in this mode.

Season Play and races with full car grid are way more jaggie here. Anybody else have this?

And was it a design decision or is it a bug? I go as far as full grid has no AA at all. Looks like rivals at least has 2x AA (maybe more)

Anyone else have this?

Burai

shitonmychest57
planar1280 said:
Agreed. Sebring is one of my favourite tracks in Forza 3 but the sun glares off the concrete on the back straight so badly that the only way I can see the final turn is if I have the braking point racing line turned on.

Seanspeed

Banned
Dommel said:
So I'm trying to beat a rival on Hockenheim in the Audi racing car.

I'm absolutely sure the previous two corners before I cross the line for a new lap are clean and yet the Clean/Dirty Lap indicator stays on as I cross the line.

Is this a bug or am I doing something very wrong?
I was just doing this rivals event myself. Dont think many people in the Club have given it much of a shot since I'm at the top by several seconds.

Anyways, I dont think its just the last couple corners, but the entire last sector where you cant make a mistake. Easiest way around this is to always rewind if you get an invalidated time. It wont help validate that lap, but it'll ensure that your next lap is started clean, even if your error happened on the very last corner.

Absoludacrous said:
Servers are unstable as hell right now, might be related to that.

The game has been stuck trying to download a tuning setup for like 15 minutes now. I'm afraid to do anything because it's on one of those "Don't turn of your console..." screens.
Yup, which is why I haven't gone online anymore today. Did Rivals for a bit as that wasn't too slow, but was mainly sticking to Career. Let us know when things get stable again. I'm taking a break, but I'll be back on later for sure.

Top Bottom