• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Mr.Green

sinnergy said:
I have a question about the Anti Aliasing in the game. I had the feeling that it was way more jaggie than the demo I played.

So I went back to the demo, which I played mostly in rival mode, and indeed it's much smoother.

Fired up the retail version and also did rivals, game is also much smoother in retail in this mode.

Season Play and races with full car grid are way more jaggie here. Anybody else have this?

And was it a design decision or is it a bug? I go as far as full grid has no AA at all. Looks like rivals at least has 2x AA (maybe more)

Anyone else have this?

No, just you. They didn't remove the jaggies from your copy because they hate you.

60 fps comes at a cost.

If you want in, send me a request and tell me your GamerTag. I have a method I am working on for getting rid of those who aren't actively playing each week. I want the group to have people who will continue to play the game, even if its a little bit each week.

nagge

m0dus said:
Ox nagge, dirty tricks 100 feet before the finish line?!? ;)

Haha, I got such a good run out of the last turn and then I find you crawling around in the midde of the track, so I try to go outside and touch the grass so I get loose and there you were :)

I really shouldn't even be playing online, still getting to grips with heal/toeing and the clutch so the extra pressure of online and real people getting irritated really is to much for the atm, the AI I don't care if I bounce around with ;)

sneaky77

Shortt Sirket said:
If you want in, send me a request and tell me your GamerTag. I have a method I am working on for getting rid of those who aren't actively playing each week. I want the group to have people who will continue to play the game, even if its a little bit each week.

Dammit man, I been at work all night and all day, what if I say I have a purty mouth?

Is a fair way to do it, you guys seem to race when I am not able lol. But I am loving rivals mode, even if I suck.

GG all, my headset has a loose connection so I could hear fine but the mic was failing, good enough reason for me to buy a wireless headset now :)

Hopefully next time we can setup some same car races, I was a bit unsure how to do so and we need to also use some gaf club cars too.

My plan as of now is checking everyone's level every week. I have two sections, those under Level 10 and those under Level 25. Under Level 10, you have half a week to move at least one level before I remove you. Under Level 25, you have one week to move at least one level before I remove you. After Level 25, you are essentially safe. As for new members, I think a Level 10 requirement is fair.

That being said, actual participation on here can trump that. If you are still posting here and being active but haven't been able to play for a bit, you are safe. I want to reward being active on both game and board and yet removing those who aren't actively participating in either. I feel its a pretty fair way to keep the club full of active members.

And as of now, there is room for a few more people.

Progressing pretty well on Forza 4. Reached level 29 and I've only bought one car (the first onr you have to buy). All assists off, sim handling, manual gears. Not had to upgrade a single car and used the cars that were either won per level or from the free DLC or from the bonus stuff for being Lvl 50 in Forza 3. Piece of cake really.

However, how do I upload pics and then download them on to my PC? I did a 'bigpic' (or whatever it's called) of the warthog in Autovista and it was sent to forzamotorsport.net but I can't find it. I looked on "My Forza" and it just has my Forza 3 pics. *shrug*

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
My first pictures in FM4...
Already spent all my credits on dat 86, race exhaust sounds won-der-ful, B-class with around 200HP, so easy to lose the rear even with race slicks but awesome to drive!!!

getphotoafshx.jpg

getphotoasaahx.jpg

getphotoashaaax.jpg

getphotoashax.jpg

getphotoashxc.jpg

getphotoashxa.jpg

getphotoashxaa.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Anyone getting a random controller DC while playing online?

Happened yesterday and today while playing with the guys. Really annoying :(

Just when I thought I had a shot at winning a GAF race, I fuck up the second chicane at Le Mans. In my defense, the 100 m board is really hard to see. It had absolutely nothing to do with G Rom's GT-ONE reeling my Audi in and me cracking under pressure.

Damn you, G Rom! :)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
planar1280 said:
one thing playing this game that is really bothering me is the shining roads almost as if they are silverish and too smooth. when the sun is in front of you the track becomes too white even in medium brightness. its quite distracting.

Come to New Zealand bro, our roads are like that every day in the sun glare. Apparently Stephen Fry (while I was watching QI) said NZ is one of the few places in the world where it's the reflective sun glare is that bad.

G Rom said:
I just pulled a "Vettel, Canada 2011" at Mugello. Nice battle CrudeDiatribe ! :)
Yes, it was a great fight, I almost had you a few places earlier, but had thought you'd resisted my pressure by the last corner, and then you took it a little hot.

Jamie OD

I'm new to Forza. I downloaded the Initial D paint design for the Toyota Trueno but I have no idea how I can apply it. Can anyone help?

drugstore_cowboy said:
Playing this with no assists, no driving lines, manual with clutch and rewind switched off, having a blast but yeah the over aggressive AI drivers are beginning to fuck me off.

Fuck the AI in this game. It's like the roads are way too small. They break way too much and too hard at the wrong times.

And is it just me or is the clean lap too strict this time around? I getting flagged for BS. Rubbing is racing. And I get flagged because the bonehead AI rams me.. Fucking BS.

That's the only thing that is really pissing me off about the game.

I wish there was an option to race without any damage shown on the vehicle. There are times when I have some really nice photos but marred by a little bit of damage from the jackass AI dinging you. :/

SarBear

DasRaven said:
No kidding.

BTW: Last call for my 1M code. Still need a CR-Z. Trades wanted.

Might want to try user "SlipknotMaggot3" on XBL. I was talking to him on FM.net, couldn't get the code i had to work with him so i had to complain to BB online and they sent me a new one. I ended up trading my 1M for a Clubman, or i would get that one instead.

reggie said:
Game is fucking great. Like everyone else though, the only problem I really have is the aggressive AI.

Oh and am I missing something or is there not a GAF tag for this game?

Yea man was just racing and split two cars and was about to overtake a Corvette. I had a clear line on the inside and that bastard just turned into me. It had no reason to.

I may prefer the online randoms to the AI because I am not seeing much difference.

Gen X

It's only a small niggle but has anyone noticed the cars in the side mirror look like a 4:3 image stretched to fit a 16:9 resolution? The track looks fine but the cars look squashed. I'm running in 1920x1080.

Shaneus

Managed to get into one of the community Game With Dev things that Jube had set up. Once I receive it, those in the GAF group will be able to drive the Top Secret S15 Silvia :)

The only other person in that race from [GAF] was Jube himself :lol

Error1355

flashburn2012 said:
Just got hit with the 0 credit bug (more importantly 0 affinity) even after doing the "Change difficulty" workaround. Fuck you Turn10.

Dear God, there is a glitch for this?

I haven't heard about that. What causes it? O_O

LOL if the "Jumbotrons" on the side of the track are going to be 5 fps slideshows, I would rather they just be a static image, or a billboard, or something. It looks really bad.

I'm nitpicking of course, but they were the same thing in Forza 3 and it's annoying.

eso76

sinnergy said:
And was it a design decision or is it a bug? I go as far as full grid has no AA at all. Looks like rivals at least has 2x AA (maybe more)

Anyone else have this?

game runs at 720p 2xaa when full grid and 720p 4xaa when racing solo (your car is also rendered in all its polygonal glory).

Not a bug, obviously. Not having to render all 12 cars frees some resources T10 thought could be used elsewhere. Very nice of them in fact.

Btw, there is a bug with some of the materials in the game; sometimes, parts of your car will stop receiving shadows and will just start ignoring lighting. Happened to me a few times today; rims on a Ferrari 458 would randomly stay bright white inside one of those warehouses on the benchmark ring (everything was pitch black but they were glowing as if they were in bright sunlight) same with chrome parts of a SLS...not a big deal anyway, just ruined a couple pics i took :p

Oh, and there still is a small bug with AI when rewinding.
Never seen it mentioned anywhere, but it happened in fm3 too, surely i can't be the only one who noticed ?
try crashing hard into someone and then rewind; when you resume racing you'll see that car acting strange and generally going offroad by itself, as if you did crash into it anyway, or as if it had 'seen the future' and wanted to avoid the crash...
I've always thought of it as a cool little time paradox :p

eek5

nooo.jpg

damnit :(

eso76 said:
Oh, and there still is a small bug with AI when rewinding.
Never seen it mentioned anywhere, but it happened in fm3 too, surely i can't be the only one who noticed ?
try crashing hard into someone and then rewind; when you resume racing you'll see that car acting strange and generally going offroad by itself, as if you did crash into it anyway, or as if it had 'seen the future' and wanted to avoid the crash...
I've always thought of it as a cool little time paradox :p

Haha if they're way off the racing line they'll swerve and try to get back onto it as well.

cory021

Neo Member
Alright, I gave in, I bought it. I got home, ate supper, played one fantastic lap around the Alps... now I have to go to work :/

Gen X

eso76 said:
when you resume racing you'll see that car acting strange and generally going offroad by itself, as if you did crash into it anyway, or as if it had 'seen the future' and wanted to avoid the crash...

Probably that driver called Nostrodamus. :D

Shaneus

eek5 said:
http://www.4mul8.net/up/files/1526_oqoz3/nooo.jpg[img]

damnit :(
[/QUOTE]
Same. No rivals sucks. I wonder if there's a way to maybe just set scores locally and have them upload to a server. I'd kill for some drift action right now.

If it saves you time, you can also check FM.net for the status. If your My Forza doesn't show anything and you can't search for your own ID, then it's obviously still down.

[QUOTE=cory021]Alright, I gave in, I bought it. I got home, ate supper, played one fantastic lap around the Alps... now I have to go to work :/[/QUOTE]
Probably the worst thing you could've done :lol

Error1355 said:
Dear God, there is a glitch for this?

I haven't heard about that. What causes it? O_O

900 degree wheels. you know, like those official Forza 4 wheels. You'd think they would of playtested them a bit? Nah.

skyfinch

Shaneus said:
Same. No rivals sucks. I wonder if there's a way to maybe just set scores locally and have them upload to a server. I'd kill for some drift action right now.

If it saves you time, you can also check FM.net for the status. If your My Forza doesn't show anything and you can't search for your own ID, then it's obviously still down.

Probably the worst thing you could've done :lol

Not for me. My fingers get tired from deleting messages.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
eek5 said:
:lol Was that achievement worth it?
Hey, I'm still going for it! Slow down everyone! Finished the drift section, working on Top Gear now. Clean times/scores suck ass cause I suck ass :(

Top Bottom