• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Uploaded my first photo :)

qsoV6.jpg

I'm having a lot of fun with this game and the engine sounds are so damn good.

DasRaven

VindictiveGnome said:
I believe it was level 30. If it's not that, then it is level 31 or 32.

Definitely buy the P4 at Level 30 "Legends of LeMans."
Money is much easier to come by in FM4, but there's a 4 million credit difference here!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Diablohead said:
If it's like forza 3 it might be 12 of each type, so screenshot, replay, tune, paint work, vinyl.
I mean like, what's the longest length of time a replay can be?

You can choose the P4 at level 30, but you can also choose the Shelby Daytona too. I suggest choosing the P4 if your also trying to get the owning all Ferraris on Disc 1 achievement.

Seanspeed said:
If its seperate, then how do I get it? I really dont understand. I'm afraid to go delete any of my installed content in case it messes something up with my game, but I'm willing to do it if necessary. Even if I have to start over, I dont care. I'm in this for the long haul, so a week's worth of progress wasted isn't going to kill me.
I need to go over all the keys I have for forza, something like 4 of them as I own the LE.

Mascot

Holy shit, Shaneus. I just spend 76 laps trying to beat your F-class rivals time in the first Top Gear event. Got 0.07 seconds away from you in the end before my hands cramped up totally (I really must use the racing rig one of these days :lol). For about seventy of those laps I'm at leat ten metres ahead of you going into the final two bends, then you come from fucking nowhere like a rat up a drainpipe, fishtailing all over the place and slingshot round the final bend like you're on rails. Mother FUCKER! :lol

Is it your own tune? It looks to be pulling some serious lateral g's. I can smoke you on the straights but holy fuck, that thing of yours corners on tram tracks.

eso76

Seanspeed said:
If its seperate, then how do I get it? I really dont understand. I'm afraid to go delete any of my installed content in case it messes something up with my game, but I'm willing to do it if necessary. Even if I have to start over, I dont care. I'm in this for the long haul, so a week's worth of progress wasted isn't going to kill me.

you don't have to erase anything, it's one of those 25 characters codes you have to enter. Should be written on a flyer inside the game's box.

Btw, worst game manual ever :D

Going to fire it up in a bit and jump straight into Rivals mode as usual. Might try for the "set times in all the events" achievement, and will be a very easy target for the drift scores. I'm at level 41 now, with a lovely Cinque in my garage, and it's pretty much all thanks to Rivals since I've only completed the first two years of the World Tour.

Usually the career modes are my bread and butter in these games, but Rivals is too damn good. Right now turning in laps and cashing in on bounties while still increasing my driver level and manufacturer affinities is much more enjoyable than racing brain-dead AI, (they may auto-upgrade their cars, but they're still idiots, just faster ones now), on some tracks that I'm finding perhaps a bit too familiar. The career grind may end up being more painful than FM3's but I will finish it eventually.

It's going to take a while with the Rivals carrot constantly dangling in front of me, though.

eso76

enzo_gt said:
I mean like, what's the longest length of time a replay can be?

if you mean exported .wmv videos then it's 30 seconds.

if you mean replay data you upload to the storefront for people to watch on their x360 then i don't think there's a limit, i've seen people posting replays of endurance races in fm3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
eso76 said:

if you mean replay data you upload to the storefront for people to watch on their x360 then i don't think there's a limit, i've seen people posting replays of endurance races in fm3
Yeah, you can only have one exported .wmv at once, right? That isn't uploaded to the storefront, correct?

sneaky77

Spaceman Spiff said:
Going to fire it up in a bit and jump straight into Rivals mode as usual. Might try for the "set times in all the events" achievement, and will be a very easy target for the drift scores. I'm at level 41 now, with a lovely Cinque in my garage, and it's pretty much all thanks to Rivals since I've only completed the first two years of the World Tour.

You only have to set one time on each main category, not every single event. Figured I would add that as a reminder in case you didnt know

sneaky77 said:
You only have to set one time on each main category, not every single event. Figured I would add that as a reminder in case you didnt know

Holy shit, thanks man!

I thought it was every event. This is much more reasonable.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
flashburn2012 said:
The A.I. is completely killing my interest in this game. It's especially bad in the A+ classes where you really have no room for mistakes.

no kidding. i've been meaning to make a monatge video of ai stupidity, but usually when it occurs i just get pissed off and restart the race cursing at the ai and also myself for not saving it for my video. i still have no clips :p

Seanspeed

Banned
eso76 said:
you don't have to erase anything, it's one of those 25 characters codes you have to enter. Should be written on a flyer inside the game's box.

Btw, worst game manual ever :D
Ah, ok. Gonna look again, must have missed it.

The manual is indeed a joke. I feel sorry for people jumping into a Forza(or racing) game for the first time as its no help whatsoever.

Seanspeed said:

The manual is indeed a joke. I feel sorry for people jumping into a Forza(or racing) game for the first time as its no help whatsoever.
They should have just wrote NOOB in large font.

Seanspeed said:

I remember one of the Gran Turismos came with a great manual with guides on how to approach different types of turns, oversteer, understeer, etc. GT2 maybe? Maybe it was GT3... not sure.

sneaky77

Is the myforza page supposed to show messages and stats? cause other than the left margin credits and level stuff it doesn't show anything for me

hgplayer1

Ive had my problems with the AI but the thing that bothers me most is how much they brake unnecessarily and hog up the road.

The bumping and shoving in turns hasnt bugged me too much.

A couple of non AI issues I have with the game are the start countdown sequence and the lap time info disappearing immediately upon completion of the final lap. Both have been in Forza before Im just not sure why they still are.

I hate not having any control of the car until the last second. I hate when the race ends and I dont know if I set a new best lap because all that info just disappears.

Nitpicks.

Gek54

op_ivy said:
i see you quietly beat my time...

well, i just leap frogged you, gek and p3tran with a 1:14.8 putting me at #103 on the leaderboards

For now...while Turn10 isnt paying the bounty on your head.

They still owe me 150k for taking out p3tran.

Anilusion

Is there any point in buying this game without having a wheel? I'm no hardcore driving game player by any means, but I don't wish to feel crippled while playing.

Anilusion said:
Is there any point in buying this game without having a wheel? I'm no hardcore driving game player by any means, but I don't wish to feel crippled while playing.
pad is not a crippling factor once you get used to it, controls are more twitchy in this for sure but nothing is impossible.

eso76

enzo_gt said:
Yeah, you can only have one exported .wmv at once, right? That isn't uploaded to the storefront, correct?

yes, only one regardless of its lenght (can be 5, 10, 20 or 30 seconds iirc).
You can have *either* 1 video OR 1 bigshot there. it's uploaded to fm.net though.

Wazzim

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
I'd suggest less than 1% of Forza 4 owners are using a wheel.
More than 1 percent but yeah, the most people are playing with a controller (myself included). I race with everything off and on sim mode and I play the game fine.

EDIT: @SPEEDxNASTY Didn't you get banned from Live without reason? T10 is looking into it: Forza Forum

sneaky77

I am not sure who uploaded this to the club garage, but thanks, is awesome, love the sounds it makes too.

i-3tdMhKz-L.jpg

I am having issues trying to upload a big shot, anyone else?

Somehow i've become promoted to co-founder of the GAF club, er, thanks? :lol

I am guessing I can kick and join people to help with the club now?

sneaky77

Diablohead said:
Somehow i've become promoted to co-founder of the GAF club, er, thanks? :lol

I am guessing I can kick and join people to help with the club now?

me too.. but I am not sure how he wants to handle it so I havent touched it lol

hgplayer1 said:
Ive had my problems with the AI but the thing that bothers me most is how much they brake unnecessarily and hog up the road.
I think that's because the AI uses the same brake points and brake strength regardless of car class. So for example a D class car will brake far too hard at certain points where as a R1 class car sails through. It's always been like this in Forza. The AI still make that odd move when they launch of the grid at Sedona (Oval). Minor things.

Why can't I watch the opening movie again? The one with Clarkson's voice over? Does it play again if I wait at the welcome screen?

frontieruk

eso76 said:

Just a mention/reminder that wmvs can still be extracted using xtaf.

Diablohead and Sneaky have been very busy on here and so I thought they deserved a Co-Owner rule. I think letting you guys have complete autonomy is a good plan. You guys know the board and the community so I trust your judgement. I have my plan for keeping track of those who are playing, but you are free to do as you see fit.

sneaky77

Shortt Sirket said:
Diablohead and Sneaky have been very busy on here and so I thought they deserved a Co-Owner rule. I think letting you guys have complete autonomy is a good plan. You guys know the board and the community so I trust your judgement. I have my plan for keeping track of those who are playing, but you are free to do as you see fit.

I was looking over the club garage, some cars are repeat at different specs so I think that's cool to leave like that, but if the same car is uploaded with the same specs as another we can probably clean it up a bit. I wish there was a good way to organize the garage for quick browsing lol

op_ivy

Gek54 said:
For now...while Turn10 isnt paying the bounty on your head.

They still owe me 150k for taking out p3tran.

talk is cheap, friend.

Shaneus

Mascot said:
Holy shit, Shaneus. I just spend 76 laps trying to beat your F-class rivals time in the first Top Gear event. Got 0.07 seconds away from you in the end before my hands cramped up totally (I really must use the racing rig one of these days :lol). For about seventy of those laps I'm at leat ten metres ahead of you going into the final two bends, then you come from fucking nowhere like a rat up a drainpipe, fishtailing all over the place and slingshot round the final bend like you're on rails. Mother FUCKER! :lol

Is it your own tune? It looks to be pulling some serious lateral g's. I can smoke you on the straights but holy fuck, that thing of yours corners on tram tracks.
The only session I've used an upgraded car for (in fact, I've only upgraded one car) is the AE86 for the second drift challenge. Everything else I've used is 100% stock.

If there's one thing I've learned, you save SO much time if you turn a little earlier into a corner and less harshly. Might mean you're going into a corner slower, but if you're not breaking traction from turning really hard you can give it some stick and power out sooner. That should give you a bit of a hint ;)

If not, just drop back on one lap and watch what I do :)

For what it's worth (and this applies to everyone): I love giving shit to people about times and scores and leaderboard positions etc., but I'm always happy to help out and offer tips if you're curious. Don't think my insults and taunts are anything more than a friendly bit of fun and a sign of insecurity! Also, I've shared the AE86 I setup for the second doorifto challenge if anyone wants to use it. No tuning has been done other than front camber but I've put some money into it and it looks kinda tough.

nagge

So the Lancia @ amalfi is the rivals mode to beat? Just got my first few laps in to get a feel for it, wow that track is narrow with traffic :)

Shaneus said:
The only session I've used an upgraded car for (in fact, I've only upgraded one car) is the AE86 for the second drift challenge. Everything else I've used is 100% stock.

If there's one thing I've learned, you save SO much time if you turn a little earlier into a corner and less harshly. Might mean you're going into a corner slower, but if you're not breaking traction from turning really hard you can give it some stick and power out sooner. That should give you a bit of a hint :)

If not, just drop back on one lap and watch what I do ;)

There's a rule that early Porsche 911 and us Honda S2000 drivers live by: Slow in, fast out.

I've actually beaten a lot of my own lap times by going slower into the corner and then shooting out after the transition. When you go too fast, it's very easy to fuck up and lose a lot of time.

I asked before, but nobody answered: which GAF club is open right now?

op_ivy

nagge said:
So the Lancia @ amalfi is the rivals mode to beat? Just got my first few laps in to get a feel for it, wow that track is narrow with traffic :)

thankfully you don't get dinged with a penalty lap by cutting corners, just dont scrap the walls ;)

Top Bottom