• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

guest1321 said:
wow that's a nice pick up. Considering it is a gift at one of the levels I would expect it to be cheaper in the AH but not that much.

As for the ferrari achievement, I think if we set up a google doc to keep track of cars, owners, and who currently has them, we could spread the weight pretty well and efficiently. Thoughts?

I am happy to help out with this. There are some pretty expensive Ferrari's which I am scouring the auction house to try to get cheaply. Dont have them all yet, but will get them.

Very happy to loan them to people (so long as I get them back) to help with the acheivement.

ShapeGSX

I got a message saying that my profile was corrupt when I tried to save a tuning setup. :( It said to delete it and start over.

But I continued with the career and it continued to save just fine.

Has there been any word from Turn 10 on this issue?

p3tran

Banned
hey op_ivy! how about passing me the keys to your positano club, since I own all your asses there baby 8pppPPPppPP

ivyw791.jpg

skyfinch

guest1321 said:
wow that's a nice pick up. Considering it is a gift at one of the levels I would expect it to be cheaper in the AH but not that much.

As for the ferrari achievement, I think if we set up a google doc to keep track of cars, owners, and who currently has them, we could spread the weight pretty well and efficiently. Thoughts?

Sounds good.

I think we might have hit a bit of a snag. I tried to gift a "gifted" car to my other accounts and it won't let me. Says it is locked. I have a bunch of Ferraris that have been gifted to me, I think they were from FM3 and were exported over.

eek5

ShapeGSX said:
I got a message saying that my profile was corrupt when I tried to save a tuning setup. :( It said to delete it and start over.

But I continued with the career and it continued to save just fine.

Has there been any word from Turn 10 on this issue?
Yeah. I think if you go to memory you'll find a very small file that has a corrupt icon on it. If you delete that you should be fine

skyfinch said:
Sounds good.

I think we might have hit a bit of a snag. I tried to gift a "gifted" car to my other accounts and it won't let me. Says it is locked. I have a bunch of Ferraris that have been gifted to me, I think they were from FM3 and were exported over.
The original gift cars (imported from FM3) are all locked. I think it's to prevent people from importing, listing on AH, then making a new save and reimporting etc.

pmj

Never mind my previous question about tuning. I bought a tuning file and it loaded just fine, and I'm back to beating the AI. I just can't tune manually I suppose, at least not right before a race. Curious also that the option to upgrade your car is gone in the career mode. The only way you can upgrade a car seems to be by choosing an event it's far too slow for. But that means you can only automatically upgrade the car for that event, not the one you actually wanted to do that it was just a little bit too slow for. I don't like this at all.

So no wonder that the AI were all pulling away on every straight as they were all having faster cars than me.

Anilusion said:
Does the game actually look as good as all these photos, AA and all?
No.

Anilusion

pmj said:
Never mind my previous question about tuning. I bought a tuning file and it loaded just fine, and I'm back to beating the AI. I just can't tune manually I suppose, at least not right before a race. Curious also that the option to upgrade your car is gone in the career mode. The only way you can upgrade a car seems to be by choosing an event it's far too slow for. But that means you can only automatically upgrade the car for that event, not the one you actually wanted to do that it was just a little bit too slow for. I don't like this at all.

So no wonder that the AI were all pulling away on every straight as they were all having faster cars than me.

No.

Where can I find pictures/videos representative of how the game looks? Most videos I find on youtube are heavily compressed.

pmj

Anilusion said:
Where can I find pictures/videos representative of how the game looks? Most videos I find on youtube are heavily compressed.
The taxigamer website or gamersyde are probably your best bet.

Forza 4 has 2x MSAA in races with multiple cars, and 4x MSAA when you are alone on the track. It's a great looking game, but it obviously can't look like the photo mode shots in real time.

Mascot

Shaneus said:
Everyone set good times in Rivals mode so I can beat them! Then I can have more money.

Thanks.

Well, I've just smoked the whole of Club GAF in the first F-class Top Gear Rivals Challenge (Starter Car Open?). Everybody except BatmanXgr, that is. Still 0.1 away from him, and it's time for bed.

But come on, Batman - ABS and TCS? Got any balls in those Bat-Pants of yours..?
;)

Oh yeah. Smack talk, beyatchizz.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
pmj said:
About tuning, is it supposed to be impossible to change anything besides tyre pressure in the career mode? Every other slider is always stuck. This is in the tune setup menu right before you start a race. I'm pretty sure you could change whatever you wanted in Forza 3.

The AI is really random. Sometimes I pull away at the start and have a huge lead by the end, other times I get my ass handed to me. And this is season 3 I think.

Is your car upgraded with the parts that allow for full settings?

skyfinch said:
Sounds good.

When someone puts a car they won (from leveling up) on the auction house, I think it is pre-tuned to the higest level in its class (eg A 600). When you buy that car, you can gift it or put it back on the auction house, however, you first have to remove the tune from that car.

Just select the car, go to upgrade and it will give you the option to remove the tune setup.

You are now free to gift or put on the auction house.

The same applies if the paintjob has been modified.

(Not sure if this also applies to imported cars from F3).

pmj

Slayer-33 said:
Is your car upgraded with the parts that allow for full settings?
I have no idea how this works. Sometimes I want to do some changes to gearing, but the sliders won't move. The only thing I can touch is tyre pressure.

What are these "special parts" I need to install?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
p3tran said:
hey op_ivy! how about passing me the keys to your positano club, since I own all your asses there baby 8pppPPPppPP

ivyw791.jpg
psssh. give me 15 min tops :p

Grassy

p3tran said:

ivyw791.jpg

WAT I was coming 3rd a few days ago on that one. Once I'm back from jury duty look out(maybe).

Anilusion

If I order from Amazon UK today, will I still get the Benchmark Ring and Top Gear Football tracks? If not, are they purchasable? I hate stuff like this.

Same goes for preorder cars, are they purchasable on XBL or in-game? Or are they 100% preorder exlusive?

Anilusion said:
If I order from Amazon UK today, will I still get the Benchmark Ring and Top Gear Football tracks? If not, are they purchasable? I hate stuff like this.

Same goes for preorder cars, are they purchasable on XBL or in-game? Or are they 100% preorder exlusive?

As long as the game is not used, it will have all that stuff. And the Pre-Order cars will eventually be DLC probably, but nobody knows when.

Shaneus

Mascot said:
Well, I've just smoked the whole of Club GAF in the first F-class Top Gear Rivals Challenge (Starter Car Open?). Everybody except BatmanXgr, that is. Still 0.1 away from him, and it's time for bed.

;)

Oh yeah. Smack talk, beyatchizz.
So, tuned car?

PS. p3tran is totally dominating pretty much all the leaderboards with times I can only dream of. You suck, dude! What's your control method?

PPS. It's weird, but I think so far I'm enjoying the drift challenges more than anything else so far. Only done two (and have hardly touched any other modes other than the monthly ones) but they're just ridiculous fun.

samdavis

Neo Member
Mascot said:
;)

Do you use a wheel? I'd imagine that you'd just be asking for terrible lap times (and a terrible time in general) trying to race w/o those two w/ a controller.

Jube3

Messi said:
Jube have you been doing decals again for this game? I seem to remember you having awesome ones in fm3.

Yea I will once I get some free time, I put up design ports from Fm3 on my storefront and will be painting a lot more regularly soon.

op_ivy

retroBrand said:
I never thought I would like AutoVista, but it is very entertaining. The one for the Peugeot 908 is great.

does it have a cassette player that, with a push of a button receives am AND fm radio?

Mascot

Shaneus said:
So, tuned car?

Just one I cobbled together, wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing really. Plus, after I'd finished, I found a tennis ball had rolled under the accelerator pedal... erm, on my joypad. Thought it felt a bit spongy. Oh, and I took a phone call and got a neighbour's cat out of a tree with a long stick during that lap too. I'm easily distracted.

The_Monk

I've been playing mostly World Tour, but now that I started to play some races in the Event List.

Now, when I went to the Event List I saw some already completed races. They are from the World Tour, I know, but my question is, if I play and finish those races in the Event List, is there a change I might need to do them again in the World Tour? Because I would like to avoid that...

If anyone can answer, please let me know! Thanks.

PS: skyfinch saw your invite the other day but I was leaving home, sorry for not giving you an answer ;)

Shaneus

Mascot said:
Just one I cobbled together, wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing really. Plus, after I'd finished, I found a tennis ball had rolled under the accelerator pedal... erm, on my joypad. Thought it felt a bit spongy. Oh, and I took a phone call and got a neighbour's cat out of a tree with a long stick during that lap too. I'm easily distracted.
Yeah, I have that EXACT same issue. Weird, huh?

It was funny... after re-reading your post and clicking that you'd done 76 laps, I'd done almost the same (I think) on some of the other trials I was doing. At least 50 on the Tsukuba drift one. I wonder if the P2P ones (like the Fujimi drift one) counts your driving times if you stop and restart mid way. Still can't nail Jube's score! I reckon I've spent at least 3-4 hours on it. So frustrating. ARGH.

BTW If you catch this, Jube... appreciate your efforts with the GWD yesterday(ish). Must've been a complete bitch to setup with the servers down, not to mention how many people were trying to get in. Shame about those Lambos, too.
angry.gif

op_ivy said:
not sure if this will help your specific needs, but here is an excellent guide for tuning i've found
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4877212.aspx
Haven't read it (at work) but I'd love to see the blurbs for all the upgrade/tuning options in the game so you know what they do (at least, according to whoever at T10 wrote them). They should print that stuff in the manual for easy access.

op_ivy

i nerini del buio said:
Why does it say I can't share a car with my club? It says it's locked or something like that :/

cant share cars from the AH or with purchased designs, tunes, or liveries from the storefront.

Seanspeed said:
I've got to be honest - I spent an entire hour trying to beat your time yesterday. lol

My roommate was sitting with me as I was trying and I was yelling at the TV at some points as I once finished .03 behind you and TWICE finished .05 behind. He was like 'damn Sean, this really matters to you doesn't it?'. So satisfying once I put together a good lap, though.

I'm gonna start looking at the other Rivals challenges now. So far, I've only entered the Hotlap events.
It's good too see you're cut from the same cloth! Now join in and help keep that crazy Greek from hogging the leaderboards! Also S5@Hock sounds good too. It's a pretty fun one. The lap times are so short that it makes it easy to do a whole bunch.

I haven't turned a single lap today. Hopefully I'll get a few in before bed. Amalfi here I come.

skyfinch

The_Monk said:
I've been playing mostly World Tour, but now that I started to play some races in the Event List.

Now, when I went to the Event List I saw some already completed races. They are from the World Tour, I know, but my question is, if I play and finish those races in the Event List, is there a change I might need to do them again in the World Tour? Because I would like to avoid that...

If anyone can answer, please let me know! Thanks.

PS: skyfinch saw your invite the other day but I was leaving home, sorry for not giving you an answer ;)

No problem.

Yes, world tour will still show races that you've already done in event listing. And I have no clue how to remember which ones I've already raced. Must have done a dozen of them twice. They could have at least put a gold/silver/bronze medal beside the ones you've already race, or even a check mark.

btw if anyone requests to join the gaf club let us know on the forums here, I see like 5 pending but no idea who they are, other gamers on forza or randoms.

The_Monk

skyfinch said:
No problem.

Yes, world tour will still show races that you've already done in event listing. And I have no clue how to remember which ones I've already raced. Must have done a dozen of them twice. They could have at least put a gold/silver/bronze medal beside the ones you've already race, or even a check mark.

Thanks for answering. In that case I guess I'll stop playing Event List races and focus on finishing World Tour first.

Then I'll clean the Event List, I want to avoid repeated races specially if I already have 1st Place in them.

Diablohead said:
btw if anyone requests to join the gaf club let us know on the forums here, I see like 5 pending but no idea who they are, other gamers on forza or randoms.

Yeah, I won't accept any requests unless I get a PM or info here about who it is. I want to prevent Randoms from joining. I have thought about turning off requests and just doing Invite Only, but I am not sure yet.

Shaneus

Shortt Sirket said:
Yeah, I won't accept any requests unless I get a PM or info here about who it is. I want to prevent Randoms from joining. I have thought about turning off requests and just doing Invite Only, but I am not sure yet.
That might be the best way to do it. If they ask here, you can see their GT and their GAF name. If not, then you have to chase it up in this thread.

op_ivy

Diablohead said:

how many spaces are there now?

p3tran

Banned
I put this little baby on gaf parking lot.
getphotoke9n.jpg

F200 grip awd conversion, guaranteed to give new players a free pass in all F events.
vinyls done by m0dus, thanks again man. you are fantastic!

AEREC

Diablohead said:

Id like to join...Im pretty sure I put in a request in game but it didnt really give me anykind of confirmation.

However if there are not enough spots then dont worry about it.

op_ivy said:
how many spaces are there now?

We have around 10? slots maybe. Soon to be more on Tues Night when I clean up the under Level 10 people who haven't progressed. There will be another cleaning on Sun morning for the under Level 25 people too.

AEREC said:
Id like to join...Im pretty sure I put in a request in game but it didnt really give me anykind of confirmation.

However if there are not enough spots then dont worry about it.

We have enough slots man. No worries.

Shaneus

p3tran said:
I put this little baby on gaf parking lot.
http://www.abload.de/img/getphotoke9n.jpg[IMG]
F200 grip awd conversion, guaranteed to give new players a free pass in all F events.
vinyls done by m0dus, thanks again man. you are fantastic![/QUOTE]
So that's your secret? Damn, son. Did you do all the tuning yourself or did you get tips?

BatmanXGR, I don't know if you're the real fucking Batman or what, but I just spent upwards of 3 hours tuning and practicing to beat your score on the GAF leaderboard for the Community Top Gear F-Class challenge. Holy fucking shit. And I did it without the ABS and TCS and Auto (whatever that is) you used, so I'm feeling pretty good.

Come at me GAF Rivals, my econobox tuning skills are enough to best even the Batman. :|

Doodis

Shortt Sirket said:
We have around 10? slots maybe. Soon to be more on Tues Night when I clean up the under Level 10 people who haven't progressed. There will be another cleaning on Sun morning for the under Level 25 people too.

We have enough slots man. No worries.
Crud. I've been super busy with work. Guess I better get on the ball and level up.

Top Bottom