• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Shaneus

BoobPhysics101 said:
There's a rule that early Porsche 911 and us Honda S2000 drivers live by: Slow in, fast out.

I've actually beaten a lot of my own lap times by going slower into the corner and then shooting out after the transition. When you go too fast, it's very easy to fuck up and lose a lot of time.
Definitely. That's how I managed to get a semi-decent time on the RPC (but am sort of stuck where I am now).

Actually, that's a bit of an idea... if people are having problems with a particular track, we could mention it here and others can have a look at their ghost and try to offer some tips? I'd be glad to help but I don't consider myself too skillful in the slightest *ahem*

Was having some fun in C class hopper, someone voted to kick someone as the guy left and the entire xbox locked up :/

Same stuff happened in forza 3, too. damn son! the lobby was actually rather clean to race with too. My mazda is pwning scrubs on most corners.

Aptos

I'm still confused about bump versus rebound stiffness.

Does high bump stiffness mean the shock makes it hard for the wheel to be forced up and low bump stiffness mean the shock lets the wheel get forced up more easily?

And does high rebound stiffness mean the wheel is forced down out of the wheel well, and low rebound stiffness mean the wheel doesn't get forced down much?

nagge

Is there a picture thread?

Anyways, a sweet lambo I plan on ripping up the nürburgring pass-event with:

lamboi8iz.jpg

Shortt Sirket said:
The main GAF one is open, there are still some free slots. Send a request and let me know your GamerTag.

As thanks for accepting me into GAF-club, I just beat your time on Rivals Asian Production Open Class C. :p I could still shave a second or two off my time, just gotta practice that track. Only played it a couple of times before.

It seems every night forzamotorsport.net goes down, too many players or requests for their servers to handle IMO, just like most other games out there who under prepare.

SarBear

Sorry guys,

Been so busy with my daughter lately. Don't get to see her too often, unfortunately. :( But I should be down for some races tonight if anyone wants to do something. Go easy, though, I'm still learning.

I just picked the Mercedes Stirling Moss as a reward. Is it better to sell it in the auction house at $1,000 for 8 hrs? Or start it at a higher number so it doesn't sell real low because of lack of views which will lead to disappointment?

skyfinch

I was using my other account and it seems like Silver members are able to use Storefront and Auction House this time. You will still need gold to upload photos, and you cannot access mulitplayer if you want to create a custom, private race.

SarBear

BoobPhysics101 said:
I still need a BMW 1M code... got an '11 STI code for trade.

I'm still trying to get ANOTHER BMW 1M code! Best Buy has given me three of them so far (lol) and hasn't caught on yet. Although, I may have to threaten returning the game to get some kind of compensation. If I get another one soon, I'll be SURE to trade you.

guest1321

Aptos said:
I'm still confused about bump versus rebound stiffness.

Does high bump stiffness mean the shock makes it hard for the wheel to be forced up and low bump stiffness mean the shock lets the wheel get forced up more easily?

And does high rebound stiffness mean the wheel is forced down out of the wheel well, and low rebound stiffness mean the wheel doesn't get forced down much?
If it is anything like biking the stiffness in in reference to the rate at which it reacts. It sounds like the bump stiffness is a low speed compression (i.e. small bumps), and the rebound is how fast you want the suspension to rebound from compressing. If it you have high speed rebound then it is going to cause a very choppy feeling. If you have low speed rebound you are going to get a smoother ride through the bumps but if you hit a lot you have to realize that your suspension is going to pack up and be less effective.

guest1321

skyfinch said:
Unless I miscalculated, the 5 most expensive cars are

Shelby Daytona Coupe - 5 million
Aston Martin DBR1 - 6 million
Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa - 8 million
Ferrari 330 P4 - 9 million
Ferrari 250 GT0 - 10 million

Anyone want to lend me some credits? :D
So I was thinking for this one we get a group of people and just share the cars and go that route instead of having to all buy cars that we might not ever use. This method might be more relevant as people start gaining more credits.

Gueras

Banned
Im having a lot of problems with the server. Anyone???
Example i buy a design its starts the download and then says the server is down. :(

sneaky77

guest1321 said:
So I was thinking for this one we get a group of people and just share the cars and go that route instead of having to all buy cars that we might not ever use. This method might be more relevant as people start gaining more credits.

but how you do that? you can't add shared cars to your garage can you?

Sh0k

I got this weird glitch while racing one of the Mazda rotary engine tournaments. The car was always glowing making impossible to drive behind the card because the light will literally blind you.

13z7vbk.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
nagge said:
Is there a picture thread?

Anyways, a sweet lambo I plan on ripping up the nürburgring GP fast pass-event with:

lamboi8iz.jpg

Sweet ass hell.

Come at me bro, only the 2nd Veyron in the top 100 baby! LOL I am so proud, controller and no assists/manual. Loving the tune setup I have for my baby!

SarBear said:
I'm still trying to get ANOTHER BMW 1M code! Best Buy has given me three of them so far (lol) and hasn't caught on yet. Although, I may have to threaten returning the game to get some kind of compensation. If I get another one soon, I'll be SURE to trade you.

Ok cool. Someone else tried to trade me two codes, but when I put them in they said 'invalid code'... wtf. :\

Shaneus

So, I'm currently at work.
My hands are sore as fuck.
I got about 4.5 hours sleep last night.
I listened to the Alex Metric song from the intro on the train.
I'm reading this thread.

Congratulations, Turn 10. You've created digital crack.

On that note, does anyone know where I can download a high-def copy of the intro from Rapidshare, MegaUpload or somesuch? Just hook it straight to my veiinnnssss.....

skyfinch

Slayer-33 said:
Sweet ass hell.

Come at me bro, only the 2nd Veyron in the top 100 baby! LOL I am so proud, controller and no assists/manual. Loving the tune setup I have for my baby!

Yo, I tried to race your ghost with the Zonda, but you were gone after the second turn....then I slammed into the AI and said the hell with this! Back to autovista mode. :D

Anyway, here's some cool top gear comparisons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYXq3CtEQLQ&feature=feedu

Search that channel because there are more comparisons.

skyfinch

Slayer-33 said:
Oh I mean nurb GP fast pass bro :p, I'm using the Veyron :D

Yeah, that's the one. With the traffic, right? I used the Zonda vs. your Veryon, because I can't control that unholy monster. :D

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
skyfinch said:
Yeah, that's the one. With the traffic, right? I used the Zonda vs. your Veryon, because I can't control that unholy monster. :D

lol my veyron is tuned like if it's cheating, the damn thing sticks to the road, my issue is the braking weight.

I should share my setup in a few or sync my car to the garage if it works.

BoobPhysics101 said:
As thanks for accepting me into GAF-club, I just beat your time on Rivals Asian Production Open Class C. :p I could still shave a second or two off my time, just gotta practice that track. Only played it a couple of times before.

BOOSH! Was testing a concept I am working on in Rivals and was able to beat you.

eso76

frontieruk said:
Just a mention/reminder that wmvs can still be extracted using xtaf.

you can ?? i tried but i got a single large file with all wmv's i couldn't open ! how do you do that ? i need to know ! i want to work on an alternate trailer !

guest1321

skyfinch said:
Probably gift, then gift it back.
This was my thought exactly. I don't know if the achievement will be a prick about not having personally bought them but I suppose we will find that out down the road if this goes through. If anyone is interested and has some of the cars PM me and lets try and get a group set up. I think the best way would be to keep it small and trust worthy (high post count kinda thing), so as to not be passing cars around unsafely

skyfinch

guest1321 said:
This was my thought exactly. I don't know if the achievement will be a prick about not having personally bought them but I suppose we will find that out down the road if this goes through. If anyone is interested and has some of the cars PM me and lets try and get a group set up. I think the best way would be to keep it small and trust worthy (high post count kinda thing), so as to not be passing cars around unsafely

It should work. I remember gifting Shaneus a car in FM3 so he could get an achievement.

Anyway, I have the Shelby Daytona that I bought from the Auction House and the Ferrari 330 P4 that I was gifted. Over 9 million in credits to spend on the next most expensive car. Hopefully others will join in and help with these 2 crazy ass achievements. I want to spend my credits on cars I like, not ones that I will never use.

Probably won't get too many replies to this right now since the game is only a week old....a few days in some areas.

pmj

About tuning, is it supposed to be impossible to change anything besides tyre pressure in the career mode? Every other slider is always stuck. This is in the tune setup menu right before you start a race. I'm pretty sure you could change whatever you wanted in Forza 3.

The AI is really random. Sometimes I pull away at the start and have a huge lead by the end, other times I get my ass handed to me. And this is season 3 I think.

Just finished some rather good and bad C class races online with randoms, one guy for two races would just plough into people or wait around the track, jube if you want a replay file so you can tell him off or something let me know :p I hate idiots like them.

The idiot also caused a pile up on the start of maple valley reverse and I dropped to last completely, managed to catch up the leader by 5 seconds by the end, feels good man.

The mazda in the club garage has been updated too, better grip without giving up any of it's speed, turns like a dream.

skyfinch said:
It should work. I remember gifting Shaneus a car in FM3 so he could get an achievement.

Anyway, I have the Shelby Daytona that I bought from the Auction House and the Ferrari 330 P4 that I was gifted. Over 9 million in credits to spend on the next most expensive car. Hopefully others will join in and help with these 2 crazy ass achievements. I want to spend my credits on cars I like, not ones that I will never use.

Probably won't get too many replies to this right now since the game is only a week old....a few days in some areas.
I shot Guest a PM. I'd like to particpate. I'm not sure if I have enough posts though. I own the Ferrari: 458 Italia, 84' GTO, 330 P4, and the F50.

Shaneus

skyfinch said:

I'd be happy to pitch in where possible, but I "only" have around 2 million.

Were they all available as a potential gift once you hit level 30? I'm not far off getting there so if there's a particular car I should choose, let me know.

skyfinch

VindictiveGnome said:
I shot Guest a PM. I'd like to particpate. I'm not sure if I have enough posts though. I own the Ferrari: 458 Italia, 84' GTO, 330 P4, and the F50.

I got to check my garage. I believe I have the same ones, including an F430, the Scuderia and another classic one (forget the name).

skyfinch

Shaneus said:

Were they all available as a potential gift once you hit level 30? I'm not far off getting there so if there's a particular car I should choose, let me know.

I pretty much got all the gifted Ferraris in career, and the Shelby Daytona, so that's it for gifted cars.

We still need

1964 Ferrari 250 GTO - 10,000,000
1967 Ferrari 330 P4 - 9,000,000
1957 Ferrari 250 TR - 8,000,000
1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona - 5,000,000
1958 Aston Martin DBR1 - 6,000,000

And the rest of the ferraris on disc 1

oops, double post. Sorry.

Aptos

Can anyone with some experience tuning PM me? I have some questions about issues I'm having with tire temperature.

guest1321

skyfinch said:

I think you are probably right about that so maybe down the road will be the most opportune time for it, but if we get a good group in advance that might smooth things out.
Shaneus said:

I'm in the same boat as you Shaneus. I'll have some more money in a week or two that i can dive in with but until then I think it is just a planning phase. That being said, the more the merrier!

Shaneus said:

I managed to pick up a Ferrari P4 330 on the auction house for 5,000 credits. Someone was selling it with a buyout figure of 5,000. Couldnt believe it. Was lucky to get it!

guest1321

Captain Bluey said:
I managed to pick up a Ferrari P4 330 on the auction house for 5,000 credits. Someone was selling it with a buyout figure of 5,000. Couldnt believe it. Was lucky to get it!
wow that's a nice pick up. Considering it is a gift at one of the levels I would expect it to be cheaper in the AH but not that much.

As for the ferrari achievement, I think if we set up a google doc to keep track of cars, owners, and who currently has them, we could spread the weight pretty well and efficiently. Thoughts?

Shaneus

Someone asked this yesterday in the race I was in with Jube, but does anyone know if VIPs are getting the monthly/weekly (or whatever) car gifts like in FM3?

Jube3

Shaneus said:
So, I'm currently at work.
My hands are sore as fuck.
I got about 4.5 hours sleep last night.
I listened to the Alex Metric song from the intro on the train.
I'm reading this thread.

Congratulations, Turn 10. You've created digital crack.

On that note, does anyone know where I can download a high-def copy of the intro from Rapidshare, MegaUpload or somesuch? Just hook it straight to my veiinnnssss.....
It starts again.

Top Bottom