• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
can i request a green focus rs replay on pistano? sorry for being so specific :p

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
6220452260_87eafe8704_z.jpg

(Pic from Aperture on FM.net)

Doodis

watership said:
Gamespot's Justin Calvert really did play that entire game from a 3rd person view? I don't get it. The sensation of speed is just gone in that view.
I played most of Forza 3 in that view. I felt that it gave me a better sense of where I really was in relation to the track and other cars.

Then I thankfully shed my shroud of ignorance and switched to cockpit.

sneaky77

yeah I don't understand third person view in racing games.. but to each his/her own.

So now with release date delivery and the wheel in it's way they both will arrive Tuesday.. I may not get any sleep lol

ghibli99

sneaky77 said:
yeah I don't understand third person view in racing games.. but to each his/her own.
I'm a hood/bumper man myself, but I tend to like third-person for rally/offroad games, where much of the time is spent sideways. Nice to be able to see all around your car.

And although it's not a racing game in the Forza/GT sense, playing Wipeout first-person makes me sick.

G Rom

We captured two drag races with the Mustang Mach 1 sporting drag tires. Although I don't think you'll gather much informations from this since I'm a total noob in drag racing (don't really like that)... :lol
Made a V8 Supercars race on Sunset Peninsula too.

Now, some photos :
6220364023_ab294fcbbe_o.jpg

6220363877_0ab36dd560_o.jpg

6220363221_ac05e61acf_o.jpg

6220364105_4fcfc8cc30_o.jpg

6220363785_01b7bc6aca_o.jpg

6220363549_f11b295bb7_o.jpg

6220363669_f645533183_o.jpg

6220363337_24e07716b1_o.jpg

6220884250_286872a3b3_o.jpg

sneaky77 said:

So now with release date delivery and the wheel in it's way they both will arrive Tuesday.. I may not get any sleep lol

I used to always drive in chase cam. I liked "seeing" my hotness while driving. I haven't done it since GT2 though, I will with most arcade style games because weaving in and out of traffic is fun to watch how close your car comes to something else.

But for sims I do bumper. I get the speed and I can see a little gleam of my car!

EDIT: Damn G Rom! Those are so good looking, seriously ... so irritated with Amazon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sneaky77 said:

I like to see the beautiful cars I own & customize as they race and take video games up on this opportunity as it's something you can only do in the virtual world. I also like seeing spacial positioning of my vehicle. And don't like having my view obscured for the sake of being real.

...but Forza's cockpit view might make me permanently switch. The only cockpit view that even comes close is Shift and this is much better than that. Forza 4 is the first game IMO to get it right. Need more playtime to conclude that though.

Scottify

I used to be a hood driver for almost every game if it had it available. I have recently tried getting into cockpit view. While FM3's view was just ok, I am hoping that the FM4 will be that much better. I just like the feeling of immersion more when I'm in the cockpit view.

Majanew

Banned
I've always used the 3rd person camera for all my racing games. Cockpit cam is cool and is much better in FM4, but I just prefer the other way. Although, if I ever use a wheel to play, then I'd use cockpit or hood cam. But I haven't used a wheel since the Gran Turismo 3 one back when that game first released.

XShagrath

Majanew said:
I've always used the 3rd person camera for all my racing games. Cockpit cam is cool and is much better in FM4, but I just prefer the other way. Although, if I ever use a wheel to play, then I'd use cockpit or hood cam. But I haven't used a wheel since the Gran Turismo 3 one back when that game first released.
I've always been a 1st person kinda guy, but I think I'm gonna try to be a "cockpit convert" this time around. I'll give it a day or two and see if I can get used to it.

sneaky77

XShagrath said:
I've always been a 1st person kinda guy, but I think I'm gonna try to be a "cockpit convert" this time around. I'll give it a day or two and see if I can get used to it.

I always used hood for a long while, but Dirt 3 and Shift 2 converted me to cockpit view cause the immersion is awesome. Forza4 cockpit is better than 3, but when I get the wheel I am not sure if it's gonna be confusing seeing 2 wheels in front of me lol

enzo_gt said:
I like to see the beautiful cars I own & customize as they race and take video games up on this opportunity as it's something you can only do in the virtual world. I also like seeing spacial positioning of my vehicle. And don't like having my view obscured for the sake of being real.

...but Forza's cockpit view might make me permanently switch. The only cockpit view that even comes close is Shift and this is much better than that. Forza 4 is the first game IMO to get it right. Need more playtime to conclude that though.

I am pretty stuck to hood cam, but i want to give cockpit a fair shake. tough to change when you have spent so many hours in one view though. Sense of speed, sound, and my sense of space is all based on viewing out the hood, right in the middle of the car.

using the chase cam...i don't really get how that would work for someone.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
amar212 said:
Why? It is by far the funnier thread on gaming Gaf for YEARS and in days to come it will only become more glorious.

i'm not entertained by people posting blatant falsehoods and stupid FUD.

Iknos

op_ivy said:
i'm not entertained by people posting blatant falsehoods and stupid FUD.
The entertained by the fact that they would much rather talk about their favorite game rather than to play it.

So I drove with all the assists off last night, and the car handled very well. I was able to hit 1st place against all my friends. I can't wait. there is a 50% chance of getting it today!!

Circle T

Just received an email from Best Buy....

Best Buy said:
Order Number: BBY01-XXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your Forza Motorsport 4: Limited Collector's Edition (sku 2953607) pre-order on BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, due to an overwhelming demand, Best Buy is unable to fulfill your pre-order; as a result, your order will be canceled and you will not be charged for this item.

We would like to inform you, however, that the standard edition is available for pre-order. If you are interested, please contact us to place an order for the standard edition. Also, we want to make this right for you. Should you choose to change your pre-order to the standard edition, we would like to offer you a $20 Best Buy gift card and 1,600 Xbox LIVE points for free. Please contact us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) by Thursday, October 13 and we will place a pre-order for the standard edition and include the free items.

To ensure you receive your pre-order on Tuesday, October 11 please select in-store pickup. If this option is inconvenient for you we will have it shipped expedited at no additional cost. Please note the video game and gift card will ship separately. Once your new pre-order is placed you will receive your downloadable Xbox LIVE code within an hour to the email address you have provided.

If you used a credit card for this pre-order and have questions about the cancellation process, please click here. If you used a Best Buy gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement.

We are sorry for this and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please have your order number handy when you contact us so that we may serve you faster.

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com,

Best Buy Customer Service

Anyone else get this? I preordered like 3 weeks ago, so this frustrating, to say the least.

guest1321

@mascot I'd love to get added to the Car Club list
Guest 1321 | Guest1321

What rivals mode list was there already? I'd like to get onboard with that for the demo if that's what you were referring too.

Also, If anyone has the BMW 1M P/O car and wanted to trade for an Alfa let me know :)

guest1321 said:
Also, If anyone has the BMW 1M P/O car and wanted to trade for an Alfa let me know :)

I would also like to offer this trade. I do not want the Alpha and I desperately want the 1M. Before you ask, I work at GS so I get a discount and that is why I didn't just get it at BB.

I just tried the DriveFX wheel with Forza 4 demo and it was pretty funny, almost enjoyable.

Of course in no way does it compare to a proper ffb but it's not without some nice effects from rumble strips, collisions and so on. I really quite liked it, much nicer than a controller.

Cost me less than a pint of beer.

Wazzim

Banned
Circle T said:
Just received an email from Best Buy....

Anyone else get this? I preordered like 3 weeks ago, so this frustrating, to say the least.
Got it too ~2 weeks ago, I just ordered the CE somewhere else.

Circle T

Excellent >:[

So I just got off the phone with BB. Apparently they aren't getting as many of the LCE as expected. Or so says the rep I talked to on the phone. So, I preordered a game to ensure I get it, and now 3 days before it launches, my order gets cancelled. And of course, it is now sold out everywhere.

The only reason I went with BB was because I wanted that 1M, but now not only am I not getting the 1M, but I'm not even getting the LCE. Thanks BB, thanks a lot. Fuck. I was doing really good, clearing through my backlog the last few days, preparing for this game. This has really put a damper on my desire to even play.

Wazzim said:
Got it too ~2 weeks ago, I just ordered the CE somewhere else.
Where did you order from? It seems to be sold out everywhere I've looked.

Wazzim

Banned
Circle T said:
Where did you order from? It seems to be sold out everywhere I've looked.
Sorry man it's a Dutch site, they only ship to European countries.
It is really annoying that MS did not make enough CE's, they should have known that these problems would occur with a game like Forza.

Circle T

Wazzim said:
Sorry man it's a Dutch site, they only ship to European countries.
It is really annoying that MS did not make enough CE's, they should have known that these problems would occur with a game like Forza.
Shit, thanks anyway.

Frackh said:
I used to be a hood driver for almost every game if it had it available. I have recently tried getting into cockpit view. While FM3's view was just ok, I am hoping that the FM4 will be that much better. I just like the feeling of immersion more when I'm in the cockpit view.
Wish Forza let you adjust the cockpit... I think it looks way too far out for some cars... like in the Zonda and Honda Fit... in the 458 the view is fine though.

T Ghost

watership said:
Gamespot's Justin Calvert really did play that entire game from a 3rd person view? I don't get it. The sensation of speed is just gone in that view.

That would explain his score and lack of ability to understand what a Forza game is.

ecnal

so reading through the last page or so, are LCE copies completely sold out in the US?

will any stores get them and sell them without pre-orders?

T Ghost

Shortt Sirket said:
I would also like to offer this trade. I do not want the Alpha and I desperately want the 1M. Before you ask, I work at GS so I get a discount and that is why I didn't just get it at BB.
I'll gladly trade with you. I'm getting my Forza copy at BB ($25 in rewards coupons).

I LOATHE BMWs and love every single Italian manufacturers. A 1978 Alfa-Romeo 2300B was my very first car, love Alfas. PM me so we can arrange to exchange the codes on Tuesday.

ShapeGSX

infinityBCRT said:
Wish Forza let you adjust the cockpit... I think it looks way too far out for some cars... like in the Zonda and Honda Fit... in the 458 the view is fine though.

They do let you adjust the cockpit view. It is in the multi screen setup, you can change the view.

T Ghost

ecnal said:
so reading through the last page or so, are LCE copies completely sold out in the US?

will any stores get them and sell them without pre-orders?

i could find a single retailer in Tampa offering them for pre-order. Best buy may offer some at their store on launch day but I'm not that confident. With a BMW on the cover I couldn't care less for this LCE.

Doodis

Wow, usually I just roll my eyes at the whole "limited" edition thing, but they really meant it this time. I think this is the first time I've seen a limited edition actually sell out.

Top Bottom