• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Where do you work @_@ ?

No confirmation from Microsoft store yet but Fanatec ship out my CSR Elite pedal! It will be here on the 12th.

edit: ^ bmw or the mercedes?

Arucardo

eso76 said:
oh it does swing.

you guys really need to try older cars and muscle cars on a fanatec. They drive *nothing* like fm3.

Also...anyone with a wheel able to drive the Koeniggssseegggn CCGT around, say, indianapolis ? one clean lap ? i don't believe you.
That thing will kill you on the nearest wall.
Without traction control, I believe you :D that car is the worst in Forza 3, just can't drive it without TC. It was doable with a gamepad though.

Also, your point about muscle cars is spot on, the one in the demo feels very different to F3. Sliding the muscle car just feels so right in the demo.

statham

duk said:
Hope you guys don't mind but today we had a car show at work and wanted to share since we are car lovers. Some dealers brought cars too.

301404_10150346312168758_783128757_8110419_47538384_n.jpg

headlights looks off, can't place my finger on it...hmm.....livery?>

edit: sorry, thought it was the forza vs GT thread. my bad.

BoobPhysics101 said:
So I can go pick up the game today, but A. as of right now I'm 100 miles away from the store that has it and B. I need to go bang my girlfriend really hard.

Looks like I'll have to wait til tomorrow. :(

Do the Mrs and then take her to the store with you, what's wrong with you?

Cousteau

Shouldn't be that difficult.
1 hand on the steering wheel.
1 hand taking care of business.
I'm assuming he has 2 hands of course.

AMUSIX

OK, I think I underestimated a bit...I only have 5 LE's left. Totally anecdotal, but I'd say the buzz and desire for F4 is more than what it was for F3...which I see as a good thing.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I fucking love this game.

6221746186_03b9f82d21_b.jpg

6221225159_9e9c8b16e8_b.jpg

6221852468_2af5907b1b_b.jpg

6221760842_10484b3fb5_b.jpg

6221331863_821469709b_b.jpg

6221331703_d7146e1625_b.jpg

6221331223_a05a336728_b.jpg

6221331011_2f729e9892_b.jpg

When I race I fucking love it, when I take a photo I love it, I haven't tuned yet nor really gone deep in the livery editor since I'm no artist, the menu music is so soothing. God dammit I need more time per day to do more lol... Can't imagine when everyone is fucking in here playing with us.

Iknos

AMUSIX said:
alternately: road head
You'll want to tune your suspension to optimal settings. Hard or soft it really comes down to preference.

Sounds like he's driving on a highway if there are rumble strips at the edge of the road go with hard.

squared

Hey Slayer, is there any way to paint the wheels *actual* white? I heard (from someone I actually trust) that there's no special option for "flat white" or anything like that, and that just choosing gloss white is "forza grey", like always? :///

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
squared said:
Hey Slayer, is there any way to paint the wheels *actual* white? I heard (from someone I actually trust) that there's no special option for "flat white" or anything like that, and that just choosing gloss white is "forza grey", like always? :///

Nope, there must be some cars that do come with a matte white finish on the stock ones though, I'll look into it.

I wonder if they can patch it in if they have them in game already.

Slayer-33 said:
I fucking love this game.

When I race I fucking love it, when I take a photo I love it, I haven't tuned yet nor really gone deep in the livery editor since I'm no artist, the menu music is so soothing. God dammit I need more time per day to do more lol... Can't imagine when everyone is fucking in here playing with us.

Me too. Tuesday at this point may as well be a month away.

I need this shit in my veins, stat.

Awesome shots, by the way. You're really getting those settings dialed in nicely.

krpiper

So I have spent some time with the speed wheel in the demo, and I am pleasantly surprised. It works really well :) I can tell that it is just twitchy at first (the newness feeling) but I am getting used to it and I can already tell that my times will be faster..eventually :)

duk

Banned
antiquegamer said:
Where do you work @_@ ?

No confirmation from Microsoft store yet but Fanatec ship out my CSR Elite pedal! It will be here on the 12th.

edit: ^ bmw or the mercedes?

work at Cisco Systems...

my car is the M3, would trade it in for SLS any day haha

Aspiring

dejay said:
You're not saying anything that wasn't being said almost exactly two years ago.

Yeah I know but really why not? Does the game have endurance races like GT5? I mean imagine doing the full 161 laps, variable weather, compulsary pitstops! It would be amazing.

RS4-

Diablohead said:
just buy forza 3 for £5 in that case, liveries carry over.
Lol yeah? So the editor in 4 is exactly like 3? I had a good time with 3, even when I didn't plan things through, I'll post an image of it later.

RS4- said:
Lol yeah? So the editor in 4 is exactly like 3? I had a good time with 3, even when I didn't plan things through, I'll post an image of it later.
dunno not played it, but you can carry across separate decals you have saved, entire car liveries do not carry over but that's too bigger deal if most of the car logos were from decals and vinyls.

benzy

Slayer-33 said:

Is that a new body kit for the 350z?

Any pics of these aero options? :)

There have also been changes in the “Aero and Appearance” section of the Upgrade Shop. Most cars with distinct, standalone front and rear bumpers now offer an option to remove the bumpers. For a more period-correct look, specific models receive vintage motorsport-inspired front and rear aerodynamics, and add paintable headlight covers for a race-ready look. Some muscle cars now offer aftermarket drag racing style hood options in both Pro Stock and classic cowl-induction configurations. You’ll also have the ability remove the factory rear wing or spoiler from some cars, and for the ultimate upgrade, some cars allow you to purchase OEM appearance packages available only from the factory, completely transforming the look of your car. While not every car has each of these options, the new options and features are going to open up a new world of customization options for racers, painters, and photographers to experiment with.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
benzy said:
Is that a new body kit for the 350z?

Any pics of these aero options? :)

I think that's a new wing for the 350, I removed the bumpers on the 432z, I can do other stuff to it if I change to a FM body kit too (432)

You guys are going to love the career mode a shit ton more. It's much much better. The fact that you get about 3 event (so far) options makes it so much better.

DRE Fei

Just imported my forza 3 file and got the unicorn achievement. I don't even remember having anything rare, but whatever. Game looks sweet!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Slayer-33 said:
I think that's a new wing for the 350, I removed the bumpers on the 432z, I can do other stuff to it if I change to a FM body kit too (432)

You guys are going to love the career mode a shit ton more. It's much much better. The fact that you get about 3 event (so far) options makes it so much better.

i know there is more variety in fm4's career - but you got 3 options in fm3

dejay

Banned
Ironically I was forced to stop running cables through my roof in anticipation of FM4 because of rain. It was a very nice skybox, and then the rain effects were amazing.

My game was supposed to ship yesterday (Friday here) but I got no confirmation. I've bugged them with an email.

Shaneus

Xanadu said:
Wait... it's been in it since the first one, hasn't it? I just read it in a review and figured it was new, but it was by a guy who'd never played a game in the Forza series.

Whoops.

Kordos

So where do I go to bitch about the demo - here, or the Forza 4 Review Thread?

I thought I was playing Project Gotham. They even had what looked like little "Kudos" indicators for passing and turning.

What the hell happened? I felt like I was degrading my Fanatec playing that thing.

guest1321

dejay said:
Ironically I was forced to stop running cables through my roof in anticipation of FM4 because of rain. It was a very nice skybox, and then the rain effects were amazing.
I have no idea what this means but it sounds pretty cool.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
dejay said:

My game was supposed to ship yesterday (Friday here) but I got no confirmation. I've bugged them with an email.

Wtf

skyfinch

dejay said:

I understand.

ruxtpin

Banned
Alright. So I just got an email from BestBuy saying that they couldn't fulfill my CE Forza 4 pre-order. They offered me a $20 dollar gift-card AND a 1600 MSPoints card - IF I pre-order the regular edition. Should I just go with regular? I really wanted to CE but I can't seem to find it anywhere else online for pre-order.

ruxtpin said:
Alright. So I just got an email from BestBuy saying that they couldn't fulfill my CE Forza 4 pre-order. They offered me a $20 dollar gift-card AND a 1600 MSPoints card - IF I pre-order the regular edition. Should I just go with regular? I really wanted to CE but I can't seem to find it anywhere else online for pre-order.
That is awesome! I'm jealous of that offer. I'd go with it. I definitely would.

benzy

Slayer-33 said:

Nice. Looking forward to more aero parts for returning cars.

Top Bottom