• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

p3tran said:
I put this little baby on gaf parking lot.

F200 grip awd conversion, guaranteed to give new players a free pass in all F events.
vinyls done by m0dus, thanks again man. you are fantastic!

Nice, but I couldn't get under a 0:48 on Top Gear East for the Community Challenge I just (barely)killed Batman at with the VW. I'm guessing this is more of an all-around F-class monster.

Shaneus said:
What time was it, Boobs?

Batman had a 00:46.046, I finally beat him with a 00:45.987. LOL ;\

Doodis said:
Crud. I've been super busy with work. Guess I better get on the ball and level up.

You only need 1 or 2 levels to keep you safe. However, as I have said before, activity on this thread is also enough to keep you safe. I want to keep those who are active on both the community and the game side. So as long as you occasionally play and post here, you are safe. If you are going to be away for a week and are worried, just shoot me a PM letting me know and you will be fine.

I don't want anyone to be worried they are going to lose a slot. As long as you actually play and participate in here, you are perfectly safe.

Edit: Jesus, I don't think I said safe enough...

DeVeAn

Quick question guys, new to the series and was wondering if I could potentially get a scion tc with Sonic on it? Since I am new should I grab part 3 for cheap or is this one better?

Thanks for the invite!
DeVeAn said:
Quick question guys, new to the series and was wondering if I could potentially get a scion tc with Sonic on it? Since I am new should I grab part 3 for cheap or is this one better?
Play the demo and see if you like it. Maybe someone can help you with your design.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
SarBear said:
It's ridiculous. Imagine if you had all five saved....

For that car Jesus that's just sick lol... Crappy car, I knew there was a reason for me to pre-order my LCE @ the MS store.. I had a feeling the CR-Z would be rare lol...

p3tran

Banned
BoobPhysics101 said:
Nice, but I couldn't get under a 0:48 on Top Gear East for the Community Challenge I just (barely)killed Batman at with the VW. I'm guessing this is more of an all-around F-class monster.

Batman had a 00:46.046, I finally beat him with a 00:45.987. LOL ;\
Yeah, I tested in tsukuba. I'll check comm. Challenge, but I think tg east is kind of an oval, and this being ultra-grip tune is not optimal.

SarBear

Slayer-33 said:
For that car Jesus that's just sick lol... Crappy car, I knew there was a reason for me to pre-order my LCE @ the MS store.. I had a feeling the CR-Z would be rare lol...

I've redeemed four of the five.....and on the line for a CR-Z, but now I don't know if i should sell it or just use it in game. Is it really THAT crappy of a car?

Fox Mulder

SarBear said:
I've redeemed four of the five.....and on the line for a CR-Z, but now I don't know if i should sell it or just use it in game. Is it really THAT crappy of a car?

lol, $30 or a virtual car you'll probably never use.

hard choice.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
SarBear said:

It's not just that it's a crappy car but I mean c'mon lol $30ish bucks for a virtual car you probably wont care about in a few weeks? lol..

Look at this way, it's FM 4 fund money for more DLC!

Reprise

Neo Member
Diablohead said:
btw if anyone requests to join the gaf club let us know on the forums here, I see like 5 pending but no idea who they are, other gamers on forza or randoms.

Hoping against hope that there's a spot for me when my copy finally arrives in probably a weeks time :(

Was so close to going into EB on the weekend and just buying it, but I held back ... apparently planning for weddings makes you all mature and stuff lol.

Asked the missus if I was "allowed" to get a Fanatec CSR Wheel/pedals/stand package, but she said not likely, not at $600 plus ...

I even reverted to the bargaining/proposal tactics you do as on your parents a kid ... like how I can put it away under the bed when i'm finished so it won't leave a mess, and while she liked the effort it was politely declined ... looks like it's one of those MS wireless wheels for me then!

Grassy

witness

The 2012 M5 is just sex, what an amazing A600 car. Seeing the posts in this thread about the 190E makes me wish I would have picked it as my reward car when it came up, went with the M3 instead. I will buy it next time I log on.

You know, despite the complaints, I really enjoy Autovista, and as a car nerd, am glad its in the game. I feel its an invaluable addition to the series. I also ended up getting my daily reward again tonight somehow after already getting it this morning. Happen to anyone else?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Grassy said:
There's a BMW M1 code going for $25 on Ebay.com.au right now, surely the 5 pre-order cars will become DLC at some point whether they are included in a car pack or just released for free eventually. I hope.

I'm sure they'll be released later on lol.

DeVeAn

retroBrand said:
Thanks for the invite!

Play the demo and see if you like it. Maybe someone can help you with your design.
I liked the demo. Just needed to know if I could get a scion tc with a sonic design. I know people can't make em and I just use them right?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
DeVeAn said:
I liked the demo. Just needed to know if I could get a scion tc with a sonic design. I know people can't make em and I just use them right?

That's such a specific request that it's almost funny lol.

<3

Slayer-33 said:
Look at this way, it's FM 4 fund money for more DLC!
Speaking of which, I hope to see more than just cars and tracks down the line.

But first I'd settle for an AI patch that includes either fixes or some settings as a workaround. The smaller the track or the faster the race the more its a problem. Its starting to really sour my career progression. I play most of the time offline and maybe some time trial/rival stuff, so it would suck if it ends up dragging down the solo play for this game. Its getting old coming out of every race damaged though.

Its a shame because I love everything else about the game, and its one hell of an improvement over Forza 3.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
NullPointer said:
Speaking of which, I hope to see more than just cars and tracks down the line.

But first I'd settle for an AI patch. The smaller the track or the faster the race the more its a problem. Its starting to really sour my career progression. I play most of the time offline and maybe some time trial/rival stuff, so it would suck if it ends up dragging down the solo play for this game. Its getting old coming out of every race damaged though.

I'm sure they'll patch AI issues and other little bugs (striped car color bug, the FFB wheel bug some guys mentioned, etc), I am hoping that they can patch in more aero kits/rims tbh and maybe IBL for rims.

pmj said:
Curious also that the option to upgrade your car is gone in the career mode. The only way you can upgrade a car seems to be by choosing an event it's far too slow for.
From the career section, hit 'upgrade' > 'quick upgrade'. Pretty much the same as in FM3.

As for the parts you need to enable tuning everywhere, you need:
Race brakes
Race suspension
Race sway bars
Sport tranny (only final drive)
Race tranny (all six gears)
sport limited slip diff
Race limited slip diff
Race front bumper
Race spoiler

Diablohead said:
btw if anyone requests to join the gaf club let us know on the forums here, I see like 5 pending but no idea who they are, other gamers on forza or randoms.

one of them is me. my GT is YOUGONLEARN2DAY

DeVeAn said:
Someone can make it for you and either sell it, or give it to you. Or you can make it yourself.

I'm looking at a Sonic designed MR-2 right now.

Rikkun

Eeh, I think I'll have to buy this even if Turn10 never puts my cars in the fucking game.

So please, Turn10, next time
Ford Fiesta 2001
Nissan Terrano 1995
Renault Twingo 1993

The years are for when I bought them lol.
No really Turn10, I don't care about all those F1 cars. I'll buy your game again for this time..

Haklong

Diablohead said:

I think I might be one of those. Got room for me?

Rikkun

Another rant.

Don't we have an official guide? Since I suck at these games I'd really love a big book that teaches me. I can't find it on google :\

Didn't check the thread lately, I was working my ass off to finish the next paint before the end of the weekend, crazy amount of hours to get it done by the end of it but it's finally here, 2010 Hasemi Motorsport Tomica Z for 2003 Fairlady Z street car. There is also a tune with proper body parts on my storefront, so if someone is going for the paint, make sure to get the tune. Couldn't really take a good pictures, cause the car changes color with different angles but those who'll get the paint won't be disappointed, I'm really proud of this one. Any feedback and the good rating will be more than welcome. You guys gonna love it in the homespace, I'm pretty sure of it ;)

6252554826_eb557c55cb_z.jpg

6252556214_87f653d6a1_z.jpg

6252556202_524390fcc5_z.jpg

6252556208_5372dbef11_z.jpg

Crazy addicted to this game. My first real experience with a Forza game. Only past experience is a few laps in F3 at a mates place.

Few questions;

Is it just me or should the money and xp you earn from racing online with friends etc be separate from your world tour? I got to level 5 by playing world tour and am now 28 mostly from playing online and now if I go back to career I have free upgrades for 5 different manufacturers, and a stack of really powerful and tuned cars. This doesn't make sense to me? Unless someone has an explanation for why it's this way to me seperation would make your world tour progress at a slower pace. By that I mean I raced roughly 5 times with a E/C class car and now I can switch to S/R class.

Second question follows from number 1. I noticed the requirements for the race are changing depending on what car your currently in. Shouldn't this be locked to force you to stay in a lower class car? At first it could be say, B class cars. But if I change to an S class the restrictions follow suit and now I can race in that car :s

I am not bagging on this game at all, it is purely amazing. I am just new to the series and hoping someone can aware me on the reason for this setup.

sneaky77

Stephen_drewz said:
Crazy addicted to this game. My first real experience with a Forza game. Only past experience is a few laps in F3 at a mates place.

Few questions;

Is it just me or should the money and xp you earn from racing online with friends etc be separate from your world tour? I got to level 5 by playing world tour and am now 28 mostly from playing online and now if I go back to career I have free upgrades for 5 different manufacturers, and a stack of really powerful and tuned cars. This doesn't make sense to me? Unless someone has an explanation for why it's this way to me seperation would make your world tour progress at a slower pace. By that I mean I raced roughly 5 times with a E/C class car and now I can switch to S/R class.

Second question follows from number 1. I noticed the requirements for the race are changing depending on what car your currently in. Shouldn't this be locked to force you to stay in a lower class car? At first it could be say, B class cars. But if I change to an S class the restrictions follow suit and now I can race in that car :s

I am not bagging on this game at all, it is purely amazing. I am just new to the series and hoping someone can aware me on the reason for this setup.

Your driver level may go up, but the WT progress is not advanced, is not like you suddenly go up to pro season or anything. Cars are cars, and there are so many events that I don't think it hampers anything. I am glad is all together, there are like 500 cars man lol

pmj

CrudeDiatribe said:
From the career section, hit 'upgrade' > 'quick upgrade'. Pretty much the same as in FM3.

As for the parts you need to enable tuning everywhere, you need:
Race brakes
Race suspension
Race sway bars
Sport tranny (only final drive)
Race tranny (all six gears)
sport limited slip diff
Race limited slip diff
Race front bumper
Race spoiler
Thanks. What confused me was that this upgrades the car but it doesn't upgrade it to be suitable for a specific event like in Forza 3. You just have ot remember the class it needs to be in this game.

Further upgrade woes though! How do you upgrade a car in rivals? I was going crazy trying to beat someone until I noticed that he and everyone else were using C 425 cars while I was using the same model but C 379. I don't see any option to upgrade anywhere. I added the same model to my garage and upgraded it, but it's not available in rivals.

pmj

pmj said:
Further upgrade woes though! How do you upgrade a car in rivals? I was going crazy trying to beat someone until I noticed that he and everyone else were using C 425 cars while I was using the same model but C 379. I don't see any option to upgrade anywhere. I added the same model to my garage and upgraded it, but it's not available in rivals.
I finally figured that out. You have to buy the same car, then go into career, then upgrade, then save a tune file, then back out into rivals, then choose the right car, then start the event and finally load the tune file.

Holy shit.

pmj said:
I finally figured that out. You have to buy the same car, then go into career, then upgrade, then save a tune file, then back out into rivals, then choose the right car, then start the event and finally load the tune file.

Holy shit.
Or you could just have the car with the tune in your garage and select that. I'm not sure why you are doing it in such a convoluted way.

pmj

Shortt Sirket said:
Or you could just have the car with the tune in your garage and select that. I'm not sure why you are doing it in such a convoluted way.
These new menus confuse the shit out of me and are making me very sad indeed.

Your way doesn't really seem like much of an improvement. You still need to buy the car and then upgrade it in menus outside rivals. The only step you can skip is saving and loading the tune file. So much wasted time. And as I said, I tried this but the car wasn't in the menu, forcing me to save and load the tune file.

A simple "upgrade car" button in the rivals event menu would have been such an obvious improvement.

Top Bottom