• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

DeVeAn

retroBrand said:
Someone can make it for you and either sell it, or give it to you. Or you can make it yourself.

I'm looking at a Sonic designed MR-2 right now.
You buy with in game credits right?

THRILLH0

Banned
Diablohead said:
btw if anyone requests to join the gaf club let us know on the forums here, I see like 5 pending but no idea who they are, other gamers on forza or randoms.

Hey mate I made a request for the gaf group. I only got the game yesterday which is why I haven't posted in the thread yet buy ill be playing daily.

GT: ashep5

pmj said:
These new menus confuse the shit out of me and are making me very sad indeed.

Your way doesn't really seem like much of an improvement. You still need to buy the car and then upgrade it in menus outside rivals. The only step you can skip is saving and loading the tune file. So much wasted time. And as I said, I tried this but the car wasn't in the menu, forcing me to save and load the tune file.

A simple "upgrade car" button in the rivals event menu would have been such an obvious improvement.

Did you go into your garage and get it because it would have been there. You must have grabbed it from the standard selection of cars where they are organized by Make.

I'm over Level 10 (11 right now) - phew!

I tried playing career tonight, but I cannot tear myself away from Rivals. It's a great way to see tracks I've yet to visit in World Tour, practice my racing skills (they're lacking) and get a thrill from beating club members' times.

I hot lapped the Senna rivals challenge tonight and it was such a rush. The stress of beating a time and keeping a lap clean; it's exciting and terrifying at the same time. I hit a rhythm at one point and just nailed some of the turns.

I've played 6 hours or so of Forza 4 since Wednesday and have barely scratched the surface of what's in there. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

sneaky77

FunnyBunny said:
I'm over Level 10 (11 right now) - phew!

I tried playing career tonight, but I cannot tear myself away from Rivals. It's a great way to see tracks I've yet to visit in World Tour, practice my racing skills (they're lacking) and get a thrill from beating club members' times.

I hot lapped the Senna rivals challenge tonight and it was such a rush. The stress of beating a time and keeping a lap clean; it's exciting and terrifying at the same time. I hit a rhythm at one point and just nailed some of the turns.

I've played 6 hours or so of Forza 4 since Wednesday and have barely scratched the surface of what's in there. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

yeah, the amount of content in this game is a little overwhelming sometimes lol

sneaky77 said:
yeah, the amount of content in this game is a little overwhelming sometimes lol

Yes, it is.

And I think I beat one of your times tonight. Either that, or I couldn't beat it. I'm too tired to remember!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I just booted this up today and started. It's really, really good. I'd wanted to play Forza 2 or 3 but never really did. The progression through the World Tour (and I've only done like the first five races) seems very compelling and engaging. I feel a bit scrubby using some assists, but I've never played a more sim racer for any extended periods of time. I've always loved the idea, but never felt hooked by them at all.

I better get myself a Speed Wheel ASAP!

Aptos

eek5 said:
You have huge default time for circuit/classes you haven't posted a time in yet.

Ah, I didn't realize I could drill down to get more specific! Wow...

I have some pretty decent times on the tracks I was using to tune my Audi R8 and 458 Italia! 2nd best S class time on Mugello Full!

pmj

Mizzou Gaming said:
Did you go into your garage and get it because it would have been there. You must have grabbed it from the standard selection of cars where they are organized by Make.
Sure, the upgraded car is in my garage. It's also my currently selected car, the one that has name and PI displayed on the bottom of the screen in most any menu.

But when you start a rivals event, you're prompted to select a car. You can't not select a car. And at least in this particular event, the only cars it gives you to choose from are cars in their default state with no upgrades. After you've selected a car you're in the race and can no longer change anything, aside from loading a tune file.

Please tell me what I'm missing here.

sneaky77

pmj said:
Sure, the upgraded car is in my garage. It's also my currently selected car, the one that has name and PI displayed on the bottom of the screen in most any menu.

But when you start a rivals event, you're prompted to select a car. You can't not select a car. And at least in this particular event, the only cars it gives you to choose from are cars in their default state with no upgrades. After you've selected a car you're in the race and can no longer change anything, aside from loading a tune file.

Some events are stock car only. Check the restrictions before selecting it.

So I bought a tune setup from the store, but I can't manage to load it to the car.. any ideas?

Shaneus

pmj said:

I think you are missing something. If you move the cursor across to the left you can access your garage and the shared garage (if you're in a club). Pretty sure we're on the same page.

pmj

sneaky77 said:

So I bought a tune setup from the store, but I can't manage to load it to the car.. any ideas?
I know! But my rival in this event had an A600 car, and the same model in its default state is A530-something. If I want to race the same car, I need to buy the car, upgrade it, save a tune file, start the rivals event and choose the car in its default state, go into the race and load the tune file to bump the PI up.

Unless I'm missing something. Which I hope that I am.

eek5

Aptos said:
Ah, I didn't realize I could drill down to get more specific! Wow...

I have some pretty decent times on the tracks I was using to tune my Audi R8 and 458 Italia! 2nd best S class time on Mugello Full!
Yeah. Some of the top of the leaderboard guys are crazy. Like the drag guy looks like he drag raced on every circuit with every class already. D:

pmj

Shaneus said:
I think you are missing something. If you move the cursor across to the left you can access your garage and the shared garage (if you're in a club). Pretty sure we're on the same page.
A million times thank you. I found the garage. I never paid attention to those similar looking orange icons before. Mind blown. I'm very happy now.

Aptos

Holy crap! I was just messing around in the Rivals mode and did the Bernese Alps Club circuit with supercars and on my third lap got 2nd place in club. I didn't tune my 458 for Bernese Alps but it KILLS on it.

sinnergy

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Didn't check the thread lately, I was working my ass off to finish the next paint before the end of the weekend, crazy amount of hours to get it done by the end of it but it's finally here, 2010 Hasemi Motorsport Tomica Z for 2003 Fairlady Z street car. There is also a tune with proper body parts on my storefront, so if someone is going for the paint, make sure to get the tune. Couldn't really take a good pictures, cause the car changes color with different angles but those who'll get the paint won't be disappointed, I'm really proud of this one. Any feedback and the good rating will be more than welcome. You guys gonna love it in the homespace, I'm pretty sure of it ;)

6252554826_eb557c55cb_z.jpg

6252556214_87f653d6a1_z.jpg

6252556202_524390fcc5_z.jpg

6252556208_5372dbef11_z.jpg
Dude awesome! Downloaded and highest rating.

eemijun

Neo Member
I'm really disappointed with the AI in world tour. It is still too easy and it doesn't seem to be dynamically changing.

supersaw

eemijun said:
I'm really disappointed with the AI in world tour. It is still too easy and it doesn't seem to be dynamically changing.

It's also still very homicidal and wants to run you off the road any chance it gets. Loving rivals mode though.

Shaneus

pmj said:
A million times thank you. I found the garage. I never paid attention to those similar looking orange icons before. Mind blown. I'm very happy now.
No worries! Just don't forget this when my name pops up as a rival ;)

Jube3

6253335340_542c1e4a8d.jpg

Very excited :D Took forever for me to get a racing setup but the pieces are starting to come together. Need to get a mounting solution for the pedals as well as getting the shifter mount for the side of the chair. Baby steps, now its time to actually become a better driver haha.

Shaneus said:

I'm coming for you tomorrow!

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Didn't check the thread lately, I was working my ass off to finish the next paint before the end of the weekend, crazy amount of hours to get it done by the end of it but it's finally here, 2010 Hasemi Motorsport Tomica Z for 2003 Fairlady Z street car. There is also a tune with proper body parts on my storefront, so if someone is going for the paint, make sure to get the tune. Couldn't really take a good pictures, cause the car changes color with different angles but those who'll get the paint won't be disappointed, I'm really proud of this one. Any feedback and the good rating will be more than welcome. You guys gonna love it in the homespace, I'm pretty sure of it ;)

*awesome Z images*

Buying this asap, came out great Donut.

G Rom

So jealous of that setup Jube. I wish I could get a Fanatec wheel for Forza/GT.
Any worldwide photomode contest planned with Fanatec prizes ? :D
I still punch myself every now and then for misunderstanding the deadline of the FM3's one...

Mascot

BoobPhysics101 said:
Batman had a 00:46.046, I finally beat him with a 00:45.987. LOL ;\

You bastard! My task is even harder now.

I did nail a 45.5xx but must have clipped the outside of the final corner by one pixel. Looked fine to me but uncertification is a bitch.

BTW, want to see somethng scary? Load up Daveyskills (currently top last time I looked) as your Rival in the Kia c'eed challenge. It's totally stock, so you know you both have identical parts and tunes. I can stay with him on the first straight until the first gear change, during which he gains a car length and a speed boost. Is that what using a clutch does? The advantage is immense! It's also real education seeing how he takes the bends (when he's still in sight, of course). Where the fuck he finds his grip from I'll never know.

Jube3

Mascot said:

I did nail a 45.5xx but must have clipped the outside of the final corner by one pixel. Looked fine to me but uncertification is a bitch.

BTW, want to somethng scary? Load up Daveyskills (currently top last time I looked) as your Rival in the Kia c'eed challenge. It's totally stock, so you know you both have identical parts and tunes. I can stay with him on the first straight until the first gear change, during which he gains a car length and a speed boost. Is that what using a clutch does? The advantage is immense! It's also real education seeing how he takes the bends (when he's still in sight, of course). Where the fuck he finds his grip from I'll never know.

Yea Daveyskills is insane, I am sure he is making a killing off of rivals.

Scotch

I pm'ed shortt sirket but I'll ask here as well: I would like to join the GAF group if there's a spot. My gamertag is Sc0tch NL. Cheers

pmj

Shaneus said:
Sure thing. It may take a while before we run into each other since I'm in the other club, but when I move over to GAF and you come out ahead of me, you can rest assured that it was because I let you.

Just like I'm currently allowing the fine folk in Positano beat me right now!

Shaneus

I think I might focus on drifting. It's so much easier to fang it around corners and hold it than try to get proper racing lines and all that boring stuff.

amar212

Mascot said:
Is that what using a clutch does?

Yes, clutch can give you great control of slip and torque-curve, resulting with greater speed on exits.

Sethos said:
When's the Fanatec Elite wheel being released?

Thomas said this in Friday at GTPlanet:

I am playing with the CSR E right now and it looks like we finally found the last flaws so we can go in trial run production in November. If you can afford it you really should wait. The difference between CSR and CSR E is significant.

sneaky77 said:

Make sure you car have the require upgrade.

I want to play the game so bad but working the last three days (I already took 3 days off when the game came out so have to go back to work, especially when I am eyeing that new Fanatec wheel for upgrade).

May be you guys with rival grudge match should just race for pink slip ... loser gift winner his/her car.

Mascot said:

BTW, want to see somethng scary? Load up Daveyskills (currently top last time I looked) as your Rival in the Kia c'eed challenge. It's totally stock, so you know you both have identical parts and tunes. I can stay with him on the first straight until the first gear change, during which he gains a car length and a speed boost. Is that what using a clutch does? The advantage is immense! It's also real education seeing how he takes the bends (when he's still in sight, of course). Where the fuck he finds his grip from I'll never know.

Yeah, the clutch adds huge differences to straightline speed and corners. Seems like none of the GAF'ers I've raced use it, so I blow them away in the straights and also helps laptimes since your shifts are that much faster. I also use it in interesting ways like popping the clutch during certain weight shifts to break traction and slide around a corner easier where I don't want to grip it. It's fun being able to use it like I do irl.

I gotta check out Daveyskills, I keep hearing his name but haven't seen him race yet. He might tune his tire pressure in interesting ways.

Shaneus said:
I think I might focus on drifting. It's so much easier to fang it around corners and hold it than try to get proper racing lines and all that boring stuff.

Easier maybe, but also slower. :p

derFeef

My god.. why is the game not here yet :/
Small question: Anyone palying with the MS Wireless Wheel (the first duscontinued one, the one with pedals)? I want to know if I should even bother setting it up or just go with a controller until I can order a good wheel.

guest1321

BoobPhysics101 said:
Yeah, the clutch adds huge differences to straightline speed and corners. Seems like none of the GAF'ers I've raced use it, so I blow them away in the straights and also helps laptimes since your shifts are that much faster. I also use it in interesting ways like popping the clutch during certain weight shifts to break traction and slide around a corner easier where I don't want to grip it. It's fun being able to use it like I do irl.
Are those of you that are using the clutch and saying it is faster doing this from a controller or are you using a racing wheel setup?

Arucardo

BoobPhysics101 said:

I gotta check out Daveyskills, I keep hearing his name but haven't seen him race yet. He might tune his tire pressure in interesting ways.

Easier maybe, but also slower. :p
Really? Even on sequential/flappy paddle cars? Maybe I'll have to get used to using the clutch with the sequential box...

derFeef said:
Small question: Anyone palying with the MS Wireless Wheel (the first duscontinued one, the one with pedals)? I want to know if I should even bother setting it up or just go with a controller until I can order a good wheel.
I can finally go pick it up in 30 minutes, that was a pretty long weekend :F .

guest1321 said:
Are those of you that are using the clutch and saying it is faster doing this from a controller or are you using a racing wheel setup?

Controller. Even with the controller it's far faster, you can see the difference in shift times visibly. It's dramatic.

I wish I had a Fanatec wheel, I could easily cut 2-3 seconds off every laptime if I could drive the way I'm used to instead of clicking buttons on a controller.

Arucardo said:
Really? Even on sequential/flappy paddle cars? Maybe I'll have to get used to using the clutch with the sequential box...

TBH I'm not sure how Forza handles those dual clutch/sequential setups, I'll have to check it out. You can push in the clutch on those though... perhaps they add in an artificial delay?

Arucardo

Also a question for Fanatec users, is the CSR shifter set worth the extra 30e compared to the regular one? I've already got the regular sequential shifter so I'm trying to decide which one I should get.

guest1321

BoobPhysics101 said:
Controller. Even with the controller it's far faster, you can see the difference in shift times visibly. It's dramatic.

I wish I had a Fanatec wheel, I could easily cut 2-3 seconds off every laptime if I could drive the way I'm used to instead of clicking buttons on a controller.
What mapping do you have set up for the shifting/clutch? x down, a clutch, b up?

sinnergy

amar212 said:
Yes, clutch can give you great control of slip and torque-curve, resulting with greater speed on exits.

Thomas said this in Friday at GTPlanet:

Has there been any indication on how much the CSR E will cost? Normal one is 250 euro, right?

TheOddOne

derFeef said:
Did Germany get it late or something? Got mine in the Netherlands last friday.

Top Bottom