• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Sethos

Banned
derFeef said:
Small question: Anyone palying with the MS Wireless Wheel (the first duscontinued one, the one with pedals)? I want to know if I should even bother setting it up or just go with a controller until I can order a good wheel.

Of course its worth it. Don't know why the MS wheel seems to have gotten such a bad rep, it's a fantastic wheel and a solid quality. Playing a racing sim with a controller is just beyond boring. Like a flight sim with a keyboard.

derFeef

TheOddOne said:
Did Germany get it late or something? Got mine in the Netherlands last friday.
Amazon being slow as always (but 20€ cheaper, lol), and I am not from Germany :p

Sethos said:
Of course its worth it. Don't know why the MS wheel seems to have gotten such a bad rep, it's a fantastic wheel and a solid quality. Playing a racing sim with a controller is just beyond boring. Like a flight sim with a keyboard.
I guess it's because I did not have much fun in Forza 3 with it, maybe things got better with the new physics, I will give it a shot.

Mascot

The Rally Wild Show (Lancia Stratos Rivals Race on Positano) is a fucking hateful, hateful experience. Fuck that shit off the bastard planet. Not fun.

sinnergy

Arucardo said:
499 euros.

Omg wtf hahah, hmmm I have to rethink it, the 250 euro was fine, but if I can set aside some more money till november.

I always say better spend some more if you want the real good stuff, or otherwise you will be always sorry.

Will be my frst wheel btw, and I need all the rest also, chair, pedals, shifter etc..

guest1321 said:
What mapping do you have set up for the shifting/clutch? x down, a clutch, b up?

I actually use the left bumper for clutch, X for downshift and A for upshift. If clutch was A, wouldn't be able to shift up very effectively

This means when I'm 'heel-toeing', I use my pointer finger for clutch, my middle finger for brake and my right thumb to shift down all at the same time. With the setup you suggested, shifting up and down would be a real pain in the ass.

cajunator

Banned
Well, I guess I'll pick up this game today.
I've never had a steering wheel peripheral though and I kind of wonder if getting one might be finally worth it.
Is there any really cheap wheels for the 360?

So do we have to get to at least level 10 to keep our position in GAFclub?

Can someone kindly inform my missus of this for me?

Also, thanks to those of you that might have purchased my Sega Rally celica. The crs are very much appreciated. I hope to do more shared designs. And after I sell enough, I'll make em free.

There is a post on 911wheel.de asking for help in reproducing the "0 Credits" bug. I guess this isn't too promising in getting a fix some time soon. I guess perhaps it could be something the wheel itself is doing screwy to confuse Forza, but I think that is pretty unlikely.

I would like to ask you again to help us to reproduce the problem so please let me knowthe following.

1. Did this issue already occured to you? (how often)

2. What Xbox console version are you using?

3. What sensitivity did you use when the issue occured?

4. Did you find any setting or solution where this issue did not occur?

5. Did it happen with SEN at 270 (this emulates the MS wheel)? (If yes, how often?)

Didn't realize the clutch helps with speed that much. I always figured one button press was faster than two. Guess I'll have to give it a shot tonight!

U n i o n 0015 said:
Didn't realize the clutch helps with speed that much. I always figured one button press was faster than two. Guess I'll have to give it a shot tonight!
When the cpu does clutch shifts for you the gate is open for, say for example 0.2 while you shift, with your own shifting and timing you can half that and overall reduce time spent wasting horsepower via open clutch.

It's minor but it will all add up.

Bernbaum

Picked up the LE today.

Fuck my boots this is an amazing game!

Haven't touched the series since FM2. I love how streamlined the whole interface and experience is.

Enron

Banned
anyone got a WRX or BMW m1 code they want to swap for the CR-Z? MS finally emailed me my code.....several days after release.

Edit - thanks SarBear!

dysorder

Mascot said:
The Rally Wild Show (Lancia Stratos Rivals Race on Positano) is a fucking hateful, hateful experience. Fuck that shit off the bastard planet. Not fun.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Talk about hell on wheels.

Marco1

I have noticed that the muscle car pack is 320MB for each car on the marketplace.
But when I used my code for my LE it did not DL a car pack that size.
Is the LE muscle pack on the disk?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Sethos said:

this. the MS wheel may not be the best wheel out there - but its good enough to greatly increase my enjoyment of 360 racing games. i cant go back to the pad, especially with a game as nuanced as fm4.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Mascot said:

it is, without a doubt, my favorite rivalry event. :D

As a controller only player, I must admit, I actually prefer the way Forza 3 feels on the track. I'm not talking about physics here, but simply the feeling of controlling the car. It perfect in Forza 3.

BruiserBear said:
As a controller only player, I must admit, I actually prefer the way Forza 3 feels on the track. I'm not talking about physics here, but simply the feeling of controlling the car. It perfect in Forza 3.

Wow I disagree! FM3 was boring with a controller but I am having a blast with 4.

Just my opinion.

Mascot

dysorder said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Talk about hell on wheels.

I'm not a fan of any tight, slow, winding tracks with walls either side and no run-off areas, especially when driving an over-powered roller skate with slippery wheels on a cobbled surface.

I just made a point of beating Shaneus's time before abandoning the event. That way, I'll be forcing him to endure it once again.

Sethos

Banned
BruiserBear said:

Have to jump on the disagreement wagon. Forza 3 caught a lot of shit for the physics, like an ice surface at times or floating cars. Physics engine in Forza 4 is great, cars feel planted and alive.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
JetBlackPanda said:
Wow I disagree! FM3 was boring with a controller but I am having a blast with 4.

Just my opinion.

Agreed.

FM 4 with a controller is incredible, I have a wheel and I feel like they take off the training wheels with the wheel but playing with a controller I have posted very good times in the rivals mode compared to some guys with wheels and it's fun as fuck.

I need to learn how to use my wheel.

JetBlackPanda said:

Just my opinion.

If by boring you mean the cars actually stay on the road easier, yes. FM3 is boring.

I don't interpret difficulty with a game like this as being better. It just feels as if the car oversteers too easily sometimes, and it's just harder to keep a line sometimes.

Mascot said:
It's only hateful if you get balked through the esses. Bliss any other time!

nagge said:
Top of the club @ amalfi rivals ;)
You are not my rival. You are just a nagging (see that?) reminder that I'm not actually any good. :)

BruiserBear said:
If by boring you mean the cars actually stay on the road easier, yes. FM3 is boring.

I don't interpret difficulty with a game like this as being better. It just feels as if the car oversteers too easily sometimes, and it's just harder to keep a line sometimes.
I found the Normal steering in Forza 4 to be similar to that in Forza 3. The difference now is that cars can snap out of your hands, but it should be controllable. In Forza 3 it was too hard to make cars oversteer.
Forza 4 also allows adjustment of the controller (as before). I changed the centre deadzone down to 2 and the outer to 0. That alone can really help.

But one serious complaint I have is some circuits, particularly Indy, have seriously difficult to see corners and apex's due to a mixture of jaggies and presumably low AF (they tend to be blurry) and too much bloom where corners disappear in the ever present glow (Sebring is as bad). Can anyone spot the entry to turn one at Indy? I certainly can't. Everytime I race it's guess work.
Now Nordschliefe looks excellent. Make the corners tighter and it would be perfect!

nagge

Big Takeover said:
You are not my rival. You are just a nagging (see that?) reminder that I'm not actually any good. :)

Hehe, I'm sure you can beat my time, I stopped playing the instant I was at the top so please beat it, otherwise I have no incentive to keep driving that awful car ;)

Edit: also just got done with my first lube job on the CSP's, now they are squeak free and operate smoothly.

p3tran

Banned
Big Takeover said:
That looks amazing! I want to take that thing out for a lash.

Too bad about this though:

http://i.imgur.com/z1z9g.jpg
Gek54 said:
p3tran's head just earned me 260k

In for #63 in the world.
nagge said:
Top of the club @ amalfi rivals ;)
well boyz, it doesnt look like dat to me from where I'm standing lol

img_22012qc3.jpg

nailing all your asses again netted me over a million plus double the enjoyment :p

p.s.
amar212 said:
I can offer you Subaru for the 1M. PAL version here.
hey amar! :) its not my code, its a friends who happens to be president of alfisti community over here. I'm sure he will search for an alfa before giving up.
I will get back to you though.

shadowkhas

Neo Member
F4's great with a controller.
I've been having a blast just hot lapping the ARX-02a. It gets really hairy when you overstep the bounds on it. A+ to Turn 10!

p3tran

Banned
nagge said:
Hehe, I'm sure you can beat my time, I stopped playing the instant I was at the top so please beat it, otherwise I have no incentive to keep driving that awful car ;)

Edit: also just got done with my first lube job on the CSP's, now they are squeak free and operate smoothly.
shine that shit up boy!! you are behind bigtime!! ;P

p3tran

Banned
Big Takeover said:
Oh for crying out loud! You piled up all the AI cars, didn't you!
you mean the flip-car video thing? not yet, but if you pass me I may try it haha

also I put up this baby in the gaf lot. basically I got it for beating you guys haha

getphotobutn.jpg

agera. not too shabby..

I really need to start doing more of these rivalry challenges. I beat one Gaffer yesterday and I was pleased with myself until I discovered that I was still in like 15th place. :(

Edit: Where the hell do I go to disable ABS? I've been looking for the option everywhere.

Wazzim

Banned
DoctorWho said:
I really need to start doing more of these rivalry challenges. I beat one Gaffer yesterday and I was pleased with myself until I discovered that I was still in like 15th place. :(

Edit: Where the hell do I go to disable ABS? I've been looking for the option everywhere.
Difficulity menu, first option. Lol

Top Bottom