• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

skyfinch

sneaky77 said:
lol the myforza page stats don't update very often it still shows me as level 17 instead of 24

Rivals mode is messed up too. I should be number 1, but it says I'm in last place. Fix this shit, Dan.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xanadu said:
sad

crap car too

Exactly why I

do-not-want-dog.jpg

But now I want an M1.. Just great.

I want to make a proper tuned up racer for every class :(

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
nagge said:
p3tran
SO ULTIMATELY OWN3D

;)

What rivals shit is gaf focusing on now? I need to come in and try and kick ass.

FM 4 live was down for me a few mins ago, not xbl ;(

cjelly said:
Imagine their disappointment when all the pre-order cars go up for $7.

That's why I'm getting rid of it lol.. That's just absurd to pay that much for 1 car.

Caddle

The reviewer on Gaf said the backgrounds aren't as detailed as GT5. Said something that sacrifices were made to keep the game 60fps. Not only that, he states beside the kinect feature, they isn't much different gameplay wise between forza 3 and 4.

nagge

Slayer-33 said:
What rivals shit is gaf focusing on now? I need to come in and try and kick ass.

Top gear rally challenge, lancia @ amalfi seems to be the one going at the moment, putting the GAF tag up there on the leaderboard :)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Enron said:
Wow. I guess not many people ordered from the MS Store.

You think that's nuts, the DLC codes out of the LCEs are selling for like 40-60 dollars on ebay. THE DLC CODES ALONE.

I knew the CR-Z was going to be rare. No one orders from the MS store.

Enron

Banned
Slayer-33 said:

I did!
Only because they were the only ones left with LCE stock when i finally got around to preordering.

SarBear said:
=)

Don't thank me, thank Best Buy for giving me four (4) codes for the BMW 1M. I will always pre order from BB from now on.

I have been tempted to use my job at GS to get a metric fuckton of Alfa codes, but I don't think they are in the same demand as the 1M and CR-Z.

The_Monk

Slayer-33 said:

I got my CR-Z for pre-ordering from a store who was giving the M1 as their exclusive, but they also sent me a code of a CR-Z even if it says that the CR-Z is exclusive to a completely different retailer.

It was very strange... but I didn't say no. :)

SarBear

Shortt Sirket said:
I have been tempted to use my job at GS to get a metric fuckton of Alfa codes, but I don't think they are in the same demand as the 1M and CR-Z.

You'd be really surprised. There's a thread at FM.net with guys wanting anything and everything. You could easily get a few STI codes for the Alpha and flip those on ebay if you choose.

...now, let me just link my paypal to my ebay account....and...

Mascot

GAME still haven't emailed my car code to me. Anyone else having this problem?

Finally played on the racing rig today (been too lazy/hungover to walk upstairs until today). Holy triplejizz, cockpit view is now absolutely perfect. Not OTT, just the right level of shake, dip and buffeting. So immersive!

One thing that does need patching is the regularity with which AI drivers fly off the track. It's not so much that they over-cook turns under pressure - they fucking accelerate off the track in a straight line as if the turn doesn't exist. It looks ridiculous. In one S-Class race on Hockenheim no less that FIVE drivers went off track like this. I'm all for making the AI look human, but something seems broken with the current way this is handled.

Xanadu

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
Of fucking course, the second they introduce the Porsche DLC I'll have my pants down
would you pay full price for all the porsches from forza 3? maybe t10 did this on purpose to make even more money haha

SarBear

Slayer-33 said:
Of fucking course, the second they introduce the Porsche DLC I'll have my pants down

What's that Serrano said in Bulletstorm? Bottle of scotch, violently fiddling with balls in anticipation?

Something like that.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xanadu said:
would you pay full price for all the porsches from forza 3? maybe t10 did this on purpose to make even more money haha

Oh c'mon you know they didn't do that lol

I want a Carrera GT, + 996/997's turbos

skyfinch said:
Or when playing Dance Central.

Speaking of which, my body is ready for DC 2, out in a few days.. It'll be my first time playing the series lol..

SarBear

Slayer-33 said:

Speaking of which, my body is ready for DC 2, out in a few days.. It'll be my first time playing the series lol..

Please make a fucking video of you playing. Please. Just please. I could use some cheering up. lol

Xanadu

Banned
Slayer-33 said:

it should be free, charging for it would be stupid

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
SarBear said:
Please make a fucking video of you playing. Please. Just please. I could use some cheering up. lol
Oh hell no man lol!

it should be free, charging for it would be stupid

You can probably guess that they'll give some away for free but I don't think it'll be many.. Gotta see.

SarBear

Slayer-33 said:
Oh hell no man lol!

You can probably guess that they'll give some away for free but I don't think it'll be many.. Gotta see.

This is all assuming Turn10 takes the time out to acquire the license AND apply it to their current game. I mean, it would be glorious......but something just tells me......not until Forza 5. However, I want to believe.

DasRaven

Shortt Sirket said:

I finally completed my collection this morning and the order of rarity/demand seems to be:
Honda > Mini > Subaru > BMW > Alfa

Glad I got all mine in trades, because those prices are ridiculous.

Sethos

Banned
Slowly becoming frustrated with the game.

I just don't feel like I'm racing. Every single race is 3-4 laps at best and in this game, that isn't nearly enough to win a clean race unless you got lucky with having the occasional crappy AI or they don't suddenly slingshot past everyone. I've tried driving clean but it never, ever works no matter how perfect your lap is. What you do is play bumper cars; push the opponents out of the way and get first asap and then you don't have to worry as AI cars barely ever pass.

Races are way too short to actually race, it's pissing me off. Not asking for hour long endurance races but I'd much rather have races where you get ready, tune the car, tweak it, qualify and get on a 20+ Lap race and get 5-6x the winnings. I play 2-3 races now and I get bored with the game because it's such a disheartening feeling to just start a new generic race every 5th minute.

People probably don't agree but I'm not getting that race feeling, just feels like a big toybox with some racing mini-games.

Sethos said:
That's pretty much where I'm at too. How far are you into the career? I was kindof irrationally hoping it would get better as you progressed further along.

I agree, but only on the race length. I have yet to really get any sizable races, they are all around 3ish laps. I have done R3 races, S races, etc and I think the longest I have seen is 5 laps around a fairly short track. I wonder if they took all the complaints about the races being too long a little far?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Sethos said:

I just don't feel like I'm racing. Every single race is 3-4 laps at best and in this game, that isn't nearly enough to win a clean race unless you got lucky with having the occasional crappy AI or they don't suddenly slingshot past everyone. I've tried driving clean but it never, ever works no matter how perfect your lap is. What you do is play bumper cars; push the opponents out of the way and get first asap and then you don't have to worry as AI cars barely ever pass.

Races are way too short to actually race, it's pissing me off. Not asking for hour long endurance races but I'd much rather have races where you get ready, tune the car, tweak it, qualify and get on a 20+ Lap race and get 5-6x the winnings. I play 2-3 races now and I get bored with the game because it's such a disheartening feeling to just start a new generic race every 5th minute.

People probably don't agree but I'm not getting that race feeling, just feels like a big toybox with some racing mini-games.

disagree with your first complaint, agree on the second, but still entertained by the career progression. i think its mainly because fm4 is actually a blast to play. some longer races would certainly be welcome though, at least double whats on offer now (primarily 5 min affairs)

Sethos

Banned
NullPointer said:
That's pretty much where I'm at too. How far are you into the career? I was kindof irrationally hoping it would get better as you progressed further along.

Not even that far, a few hours of World Tour but a friend just told me the trend basically continues which just made my heart drop.

The Stig

fellow car club members.

this is british meat. my gold membership expired this weekend. I have to wait until this weekend to renew it. can I ask that I not get kicked out this week?

pretty please, you know how it is with bills.

SarBear said:
This is all assuming Turn10 takes the time out to acquire the license AND apply it to their current game. I mean, it would be glorious......but something just tells me......not until Forza 5. However, I want to believe.

It's possible they already did the work and it's just sitting there, waiting on the license.

Didn't some dev make a comment that he enjoyed racing a Porsche (that wasn't in 3) on one of the in-game tracks?

Kifimbo

Sethos said:

Also agree with this.

The Stig said:
fellow car club members.

this is british meat. my gold membership expired this weekend. I have to wait until this weekend to renew it. can I ask that I not get kicked out this week?

pretty please, you know how it is with bills.

I have you marked on my sheet, so you are safe my man.

skyfinch

By the way, all the events in World Tour is in the event listing. If want to see what sort of race you'll be up against in world tour, just visit event listing.

Top Bottom