• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

G Rom

I'm finding that the cars grip levels (race cars) are more in line with what you would expect from games like pCars or AC as opposed to previous Forza iterations.

Definitely a better feeling in race cars. Those massive wing finally feel like they’re being useful...

I’m on lap 45/69, managed to drop my best lap to 2:24.641. A shame that there’s been no change in TOD or weather so far in the race.

saladine1

Also, the clutch implementation is the best in the series. The driveline flex (manual/with clutch) is very prominent and very well done. Perhaps not as good as Raceroom's flex model but with a little more work, it could be.
It just adds much more immersion and coupled with the trans whine, sounds oh so good!

Anyway, really enjoying the game so far and at least in my opinion, the best Forza experience yet.

Echoes

Thanks to the kind person who advised me to turn off the mini map from the HUD. The game is remarkably better and more satisfying this way.

Thanks to the kind person who advised me to turn off the mini map from the HUD. The game is remarkably better and more satisfying this way.

I think the same post convinced me to turn braking line off but I can't turn mini map off, I use it religiously.

I'm also terrible at Forza.

Is there a solution for the constant menu crashes? It's totally fine in race and performance are great but it randomly crashes a lot in menus and post race result screen on PC.

danowat

Banned
So to 'complete' an event, it's not enough to come 1st in the championship, you need to come first in every single event.

Echoes

I think the same post convinced me to turn braking line off but I can't turn mini map off, I use it religiously.

I'm the opposite: I turned off the map but kept the braking line. For the endurance race, I turned off the braking line 13 laps in (out of 23 laps) when I felt confident enough with the track. It felt really great. I'm rubbish at the game too, haha.

xrnzaaas

So to 'complete' an event, it's not enough to come 1st in the championship, you need to come first in every single event.

No one has unlocked 'fully complete' achievements afaik so it's only speculation. If it's true the best way is probably to finish each championship twice - first time to have fun with high AI and long races and second time to mark it as completed by winning short races against dumber AI.

The brake line should be the first to go. The mini map can be one of the last. Like someone else said, there's been professional drivers with the map of the track taped to their steering.

I've took the map off in FM6 but there's still some track layouts I haven't seen much and if I run them at night or in the rain I'll use the map until I'm used to the layout.

danowat

Banned
No one has unlocked 'fully complete' achievements afaik so it's only speculation. If it's true the best way is probably to finish each championship twice - first time to have fun with high AI and second time to mark it as completed by winning with dumber AI.
I finished first in a championship and didn't get the full 'sp' and didn't get a 'tick', I finished first and got the full 'sp' and got a 'tick'

MouldyK

That's what I had an issue with and tried to tell you about, in which you said:

So your problem is that it shows the points you've got vs the points you could have gotten if you'd come first?

I mean, it's not a big issue is it?

But you can still progress the career without winning every race though?

It's still a ”Get First In Every Race Or We'll Let You Know" mentality which I hate.

So far, Forza Horizon 3's Championships are the only Single Player Structure I've liked in Forza because if I didn't win a race, it didn't matter as long as I won the Championship.

No one has unlocked 'fully complete' achievements afaik so it's only speculation. If it's true the best way is probably to finish each championship twice - first time to have fun with high AI and long races and second time to mark it as completed by winning short races against dumber AI.

Because it's bugged: https://www.trueachievements.com/a241005/seeker-elite-champion-achievement

This appears to be glitched at the moment as I have fully completed all series and showcases in the championship and it didn't pop. Nobody else has it either so I think it's safe to say it's borked. For now anyway

xrnzaaas

So far, Forza Horizon 3's Championships are the only Single Player Structure I've liked in Forza because if I didn't win a race, it didn't matter as long as I won the Championship.

Well technically in Horizon 3 winning a championship didn't matter as well. ;) They only added stars in the expansions.

GHG

Gold Member
Well technically in Horizon 3 winning a championship didn't matter as well. ;) They only added stars in the expansions.

Eh, that was still better than most of the other Careers I’m this franchise. ;)

I thought the star system worked very well because it meant that how you went about progressing was largely up to you. I managed to progress quite far without bothering with things like drift zones which I don't tend to enjoy.

danowat

Banned
That’s what I had an issue with and tried to tell you about, in which you said:

It’s still a “Get First In Every Race Or We’ll Let You Know” mentality which I hate.

So far, Forza Horizon 3’s Championships are the only Single Player Structure I’ve liked in Forza because if I didn’t win a race, it didn’t matter as long as I won the Championship.

Because it’s bugged: https://www.trueachievements.com/a241005/seeker-elite-champion-achievement

Yeah, I changed my mind, I thought winning the championship would be the completion of it.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
The brake line should be the first to go. The mini map can be one of the last. Like someone else said, there's been professional drivers with the map of the track taped to their steering.

Hate to be that guy, but the reason some drivers have a map of the circuit taped to the wheel isn't to help them remember what corner comes next. It's there incase they need to report something over the radio. Those maps have the corner names listed, so if someone cuts that chicane, or there's some debris on the track, they look down and see what turn number it is, rather than try to remember it.

How many non showcase endurance races are there?

Almost every single race I'm doing is over 20 laps. When they let you select your own car things start to get good since you can choose the Forza Edition ones with bonus CR.

Thanks to that and mods, I had my first race with decent payout, 600k for 20 laps on Hockenheimring.

Starter / earlier races payout are really garbage compared to that.

Hate to be that guy, but the reason some drivers have a map of the circuit taped to the wheel isn't to help them remember what corner comes next. It's there incase they need to report something over the radio. Those maps have the corner names listed, so if someone cuts that chicane, or there's some debris on the track, they look down and see what turn number it is, rather than try to remember it.

To be fair, professional level drivers often already got the tracks down to a T.

witness

It’s still a “Get First In Every Race Or We’ll Let You Know” mentality which I hate.

So far, Forza Horizon 3’s Championships are the only Single Player Structure I’ve liked in Forza because if I didn’t win a race, it didn’t matter as long as I won the Championship.

Oh goddamnit that still isn't changed!? That was infuriating in 6 because I want to play on the hardest difficulty and can't and shouldn't be expected to win every race. It really made me stop playing 6 relatively (60-70hrs) early. Its why I loved FH2 and 3 so much...

hamchan

Well, getting easy levels now by just doing a 30 second time trial on Test Track Airfield with the 2013 Ram Runner Forza Edition that I saw on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comm..._xp_every_30_seconds/?st=J88QF1DX&sh=52e5278f

Normally wouldn’t do this sort of thing but I do want more cars quickly and yknow, I do get a weird joy of “beating” micro transaction systems by circumventing them and finding ways to get all the stuff without spending money.

MouldyK

Oh goddamnit that still isn't changed!? That was infuriating in 6 because I want to play on the hardest difficulty and can't and shouldn't be expected to win every race. It really made me stop playing 6 relatively (60-70hrs) early. Its why I loved FH2 and 3 so much...

I mean, you can continue and play the game not winning every race...just the game will let you know.

Plus...unlike Forza Motorsport 3 and others...lose the 2nd race of a series...be prepared to race all of them again!

So best method to farm credits?

3 mods, Unbeatable AI, rain race (if you want to be 100% sure you'll win, since the AI is trash in the rain).

The exact min maxing I don't know, 350k per 30 minutes on Daytona seems low since I managed 600k for about 40 something on Hockenheim GP.

Well, getting easy levels now by just doing a 30 second time trial on Test Track Airfield with the 2013 Ram Runner Forza Edition that I saw on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comm..._xp_every_30_seconds/?st=J88QF1DX&sh=52e5278f

Normally wouldn't do this sort of thing but I do want more cars quickly and yknow, I do get a weird joy of ”beating" micro transaction systems by circumventing them and finding ways to get all the stuff without spending money.

Now this is good.

still debating if I want to spend $60 on this game. The demo ran perfect for me, but I've heard that people are still getting weird bugs even though they also ran the demo just fine. I've been a forza fan since Forza2. But haven't been able to play a forza since 3, because I've been on PC. I really really want it.

still debating if I want to spend $60 on this game. The demo ran perfect for me, but I've heard that people are still getting weird bugs even though they also ran the demo just fine. I've been a forza fan since Forza2. But haven't been able to play a forza since 3, because I've been on PC. I really really want it.

As I said elsewhere, it's a gamble. Sometimes everything works and it is great, sometimes it doesn't and it gets infuriating.

Daffy Duck

Wow, going to abuse that level glitch and then also do the GTR FE car inn Suzuka in the rain with all the mods to rinse credits lol

hamchan

I’m still going and it’s still working. Will just go the whole night now without closing the game!

Funnily enough I guess VIP membership did pay off this time after all haha.

Top Bottom