• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Oh goddamnit that still isn't changed!? That was infuriating in 6 because I want to play on the hardest difficulty and can't and shouldn't be expected to win every race. It really made me stop playing 6 relatively (60-70hrs) early. Its why I loved FH2 and 3 so much...

Yea that's super annoying, i don't understand how they haven't changed that yet. I could of sworn it was based off of points in the first Forza. Looking at it now, they removed a lot of feaures from the first that are staples of the racing genre.

I have owned every Forza game but Horizon 3, I gameflyed that one, it looked to similar to Horizon 2 *which I loved, just looked like too much more of the same.

I haven't bought this one yet, I'm hoping to pick it up with the Xbox X, but it's somewhat disappointing that this hasn't changed.

Apart from paying ingame cr for loot boxes do you still get silly amounts of lotto winnings from leveling up? forza 6 threw so much money and cars at me I hardly bought anything with the credits.

Apart from paying ingame cr for loot boxes do you still get silly amounts of lotto winnings from leveling up? forza 6 threw so much money and cars at me I hardly bought anything with the credits.

Not until you have a higher collectors level. At tier 4 I was getting 50k per level up.

Later ones will give you more, but I don't have the exact numbers.

Incredible how badly they've handled the launch of this game and the changes given the wqve it has been riding since the 1X reveal.

I've bought every Forza at launch but this one, because as it stands I'm not even sure what I'd be getting (as well as going through a house move).

Moronic.

LoveCake

I spent credits upgrading the parts on a car, went to race it and it said the car was ineligible as it wasn't homologated so I had to remove all the part I had installed, so there is no point in upgrading a car then because you cannot use it in races, am I missing something here?

This Deluxe / Ultimate edition early release is more like a BETA!

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
I spent credits upgrading the parts on a car, went to race it and it said the car was ineligible as it wasn't homologated so I had to remove all the part I had installed, so there is no point in upgrading a car then because you cannot use it in races, am I missing something here?

I don't have the game, but perhaps there are races where upgrades are allowed and races where you have to stick to a default spec?

Other than that, why upgrade a car? Time trials/top speed runs/fun/etc.

MXRider

From here....

https://plati.ru/itm/xbox-live-payment-card-2500-rubles-discounts/1649267

and here....

https://plati.ru/itm/xbox-live-payment-card-1000-rubles-gift/2203102

Then go here....

https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/sto...71db401e01e8)(266696)(1018132)(04009g3vmrnk)()

Ask Uncle Putin for some help translating the site, or use Google Translate, it's upto you. Use Hilton Moscow address and Robert's your fathers brother.

Damn, they doubled the Russian price.

saladine1

I know it would be a lot of work but the car nerd in me would love to see some sort of description of each car in the game. Some history or interesting facts and such.

MouldyK

I firmly believe that the racing line assist and rewind actually prevent people from learning and improving. I think they only exist for gamers who don't enjoy driving but want to play these games for some reason.

I had a thought of this post while driving just now and realised that Rewind makes me enjoy it more.

Mostly because on the first and second lap I can get my bearings of the car and track knowing I can fall back onto rewind if needed.

And after that, I can use rewind whenever I cock up a turn and it allows me to fine-tune myself for the laps afterwards without restarting the race.

I know it would be a lot of work but the car nerd in me would love to see some sort of description of each car in the game. Some history or interesting facts and such.

Jeremy Clarkson did some for Forza 4's Autovista Part.

z2eFLrx.png

Hmm...50,000CR...or 150,000CR off a Car...hard choice!

Looking at the VIP content on the win10 store they added in a description saying that the mods are use limited now, doesn't stop people rating it 1 star though heh.

Echoes

Looking at the VIP content on the win10 store they added in a description saying that the mods are use limited now, doesn't stop people rating it 1 star though heh.
Interesting, though I’m not surprised. I think they deserve the backlash for this. It feels like an incredibly sleazy move, especially coming from Turn 10 who worked hard to be trusted by the community. Didn't stop me from enjoying the game of course, but it made me feel bad for the purchase and makes me not want to buy another UE from them again.

Wow, I just noticed now on the video of the Ram, the dude is Tier 30.

Goddamn.

Still only 50k credits per level up roulette, though the discount is 400k and you can get FE cars.

He’s car collector level 30 but level 12 in driver.

Yeah, something is going on. He also had 11m / 7m credits.

Maybe some hacks going on? I thought UWP would block that though.

Only way I can see someone being that low level with that much money is if he grinded cash with the glitch first, so almost zero XP. This 30s races without the 7500xp bonus barely give any xp.

MouldyK

Oooh...I got a Duplicate Rare Driver Gear (they gave me 30,000 for it) from my 300,000CR Box...and a car worth 180,000CR...

moerser

so, again, just stopped at 45gb and began anew. this shit is happening since wednesday. anybody know how to completely clear everything forza from my pc so i might try it again complety clean?

LoveCake

Interesting, though I’m not surprised. I think they deserve the backlash for this. It feels like an incredibly sleazy move, especially coming from Turn 10 who worked hard to be trusted by the community. Didn't stop me from enjoying the game of course, but it made me feel bad for the purchase and makes me not want to buy another UE from them again.

I agree, they have seemingly taken this trust and threw it back at everyone, I have had all the Forza games and all the top end editions, and since Forza 3 and Horizon 1 the collectors/ultimate editions have got progressively worse.

I was lucky to get my Xbox One very cheap (due to free shares in the retailer Game UK and the games I traded in at the time) I only got it to play Forza Horizon 2 and Xbox is just a Forza machine to me, if anyone is buying a Xbox X for this then I am not sure what to say, because I would be seriously considering things.

I cannot see myself getting another Forza game other than the standard version, the DLC car packs are now pretty poor as well, better to just wait until the packs are released.

I am getting on with the game though but once the single player is done I may just trade-it I don't know, I am having fun with the appalling on rails AI though, I just wish you could install bull-bars on the cars though lol.

2dgFLmN.gif

Daffy Duck

Yeah, something is going on. He also had 11m / 7m credits.

Maybe some hacks going on? I thought UWP would block that though.

Only way I can see someone being that low level with that much money is if he grinded cash with the glitch first, so almost zero XP. This 30s races without the 7500xp bonus barely give any xp.

There’s another post on Reddit where someone talks about being max level but won’t share how until everyone has the game, something odd for sure.

I used the XP trick to get to level 25 pretty quickly and still only level 3 for car collector.

I don’t understand how you can be car collector level 30 and only level 12.

There’s another post on Reddit where someone talks about being max level but won’t share how until everyone has the game, something odd for sure.

I used the XP trick to get to level 25 pretty quickly and still only level 3 for car collector.

I don’t understand how you can be car collector level 30 and only level 12.

Same, I can understand _now_ having that much money if you grinded Suzuka with the FE + VIP mods, but doing that will give you a lot of XP. I know because since I'm doing mostly extra long races I usually level up a lot.

Snubbers

Having played it enough to complete the Seeker Series:

Platform: Xbox One S
Control: Fanatec CSW V2 + XB Hub + CS Pedals V1

So far, it's been quite 'fun'.. I thought i'd hate the Polaris RZR, and the 'trucks' challenge in a Mini Raid, but both have been quite a laugh on Unbeatable!

Notable Positives:
1. Visuals are great, another small step up, and considering the XBO hardware, quite a feat @ 60fps solid with better shaders for lights/plastics/glass. Definite improvement in Photo mode too, and I like the Forzavista when on the track!
2. Weather is much better than FM6, I've enjoyed the rain slowly starting and building up
3. FFB has been largely good on the Fanatec, I bumped up minimum force to 130 and dialled down overall FFB gain to 55 (Arms were aching otherwise). Rumble/Vibration is strong and notable kerb and tyre effects are very very good IMO, the Polaris RZR, feeling it getting on the outside the tyre and lifting a wheel is well implemented.
4. AI can be quite good at times, and with 'limit aggression' set to on, it's not quite as bad as FM6
5. Track selection and car selections are brilliant, so many types and genre's to choose from.
6. Driver view (without wheel) is great for us wheel users!
7. Whilst a bit different, I do like the physics, or at least the fact that with a wheel you rally have to drive well to get fast times, balancing the car's slip angles just right is very rewarding even if people can show how the physics are dialled back or wrong, the effect for me is great, I spent 2 hours getting good enough to beat the AI on unbeatable on some tracks.

Notable Negatives
1. Confusing menu's (e.g. 'quite race' is actually 'restart'..
2. I've had a bug were if I start the controller first, the wheel behaves as if the advanced settings are at default, even when they say they are not, restarting the console with the wheel switched on first fixes this.
3. I couldn't create a private lobby (server error), I wish they'd remove the UI buttons when services are down.
4. AI on lower levels can be a pain, they almost stop on some corners, although notably there are just too many on track at the same time, they need to spread them out a bit so they aren't tripping over each other, which I guess is fairly realistic, you get than on the opening laps of F1 races, but it's difficult to not smash into them when they are so slow..

Some improvements that I'd like:
1. Better timing information - I want a 'delta' time prominently displayed, I use that as a great tool to understand where to improve, and overall is sadly missing, just another HUD option would be great!
2. I'd love to have my best lap 'ghost' able to be switched on/off, I used to do this in FM3 (or was it FM4?) using the arrow pad to effectively turn the ghost on/off, another awesome tool for getting good times and learning
3. More car info, I'd love a bit of history and spiel about what makes the car great.
4. More options for laps , the jump from normal to 'long' to 'extra long' is daft.

Overall, I'd give it 9/10 as a Forza game, 6/5/10 as a 'sim' (which is OK), and 9/10 as a 'fun' game to just play.

[edit] - Just to mention, I am deliberately not comparing to other games at this stage, I regularly play AC/PCars2 on PC, and have a brand new PS4 Pro sat here waiting for GT Sport!

LoveCake

There's another post on Reddit where someone talks about being max level but won't share how until everyone has the game, something odd for sure.

I don't understand how you can be car collector level 30 and only level 12.

I see, you can always do with more money, I need some to be able to afford the cars for the breakout series as I don't have the ones required for the races in that series.

Kaji AF16

My first impressions are very positive, overall.
The game feels like a very clear evolution of the Forzas that IMHO dethroned Gran Turismo (FM3-FM4) and the amount of content is impressive. I like the original circuits a lot, including Dubai -which had left me somewhat indifferent after racing it in the Porsche GT2 RS during the demo-. That said, the next mainline Forza needs to add several tracks and completely dinamic, non-baked weather.

Beyond the loot crates, the dudebro pilot poses and the cringeworthy gear, I believe there lies a magnificent racing simulator. Perhaps it doesn´t take itself as seriously as Project Cars or Gran Turismo, but Forza´s core is as solid, if not more, than those of its main competitors. It is a marvelous technical achievement for this incredibly complex game to run like it does on mere Xbox One hardware.

The economy needs to be balanced, or an inevitable grind is to come for completing car collections... which, I´m glad to see, has a new emphasis.
The VIP benefits are, as of now, almost irrelevant.

Ultimately, and in part thanks to the improvements in sound and in the "viscerality" of the experience, I find it extremely fun. For example, I now greatly enjoy driving cars which bored me in previous Forzas.

T Ghost

Same here. I’ll use controller for now and try again when I have the Xbox One X.

I think I’m just not the the serious mood for using my wheel right now for Circuit Racing as I’m bad as driving anyway.

Maybe I’ll attempt to remove the Rubber Block in the G920’s Brake Pedal. Anyone had any success with that?

I did and it was best decision ever. That brick is nonsense. From there you have a few options:

• the original spring
  • Buy a progressive spring from gteye.com.au
  • Buy a 3D printed brake mod from 3drapit.com
  • Use some hard foam inside your spring

Only option I didnt do uest was the progressive spring. My favorite is the 3drapit.com. It requires only to adjust brake settings in the games, and I found it to be the most realistic option.

MouldyK

Why doesn't turning assists off add to your CR payout?

They sacrificed that so we can change them midrace.

And if they gave you higher payouts then, people would just change midrace.

For example: Set it to max...then in the race put them down again.

Maybe if they warned you like “Yo! If you lower these settings, your bonus payout lowers too!”...because even that might have its own issues.

I did and it was best decision ever. That brick is nonsense. From there you have a few options:

- Buy a progressive spring from gteye.com.au

Only option I didnt do uest was the progressive spring. My favorite is the 3drapit.com. It requires only to adjust brake settings in the games, and I found it to be the most realistic option.

I was thinking of GYEYE actually, haha.

Fess

As long as you keep the car in the right class you can upgrade it, if it's already maxed out in it's class you can try downgrading something to leave some room to tweak it to your preference. I always upgrade the handling first, then acceleration. The top speed is the least important imo.

RoKKeR

Because you need mods for that now, that come inside lootboxes. The only natural bonus you will get is rising the AI difficulty.

This is pretty bullshit IMO. That was THE defining system that has always been the backbone of Forza games. As you gain skill you are incentivized to turn off assists in order to get bigger payouts. It was a perfect balance and always had me tinkering and trying to turn off certain settings so I could be rewarded for it.

I've still only put maybe 2 hours into the game and I'm still at the point where everything is new and I'm not fully understanding all of this systems yet, but this micro transaction-laced mod system already is extremely off putting, especially considering they may have sacrificed a core component of the game for it.

nikos

Why doesn't turning assists off add to your CR payout?

They sacrificed that so we can change them midrace.

And if they gave you higher payouts then, people would just change midrace.

For example: Set it to max...then in the race put them down again.

Maybe if they warned you like “Yo! If you lower these settings, your bonus payout lowers too!”...because even that might have its own issues.

I was thinking of GYEYE actually, haha.

I think the real reason is because you get bonuses via loot boxes now. I'm not sure I care either way. The bonuses were nice, because I turn a lot of assists off, but I'm not mad at the new system yet. Still need to play more to get a feel for it.

What I am genuinely upset about is the Honda CRX still not having available sideskirts.

This is pretty bullshit IMO. That was THE defining system that has always been the backbone of Forza games. As you gain skill you are incentivized to turn off assists in order to get bigger payouts. It was a perfect balance and always had me tinkering and trying to turn off certain settings so I could be rewarded for it.

I've still only put maybe 2 hours into the game and I'm still at the point where everything is new and I'm not fully understanding all of this systems yet, but this micro transaction-laced mod system already is extremely off putting, especially considering they may have sacrificed a core component of the game for it.

You can still get 100% bonus if you are good enough to beat Unbeatable AI, but I'd rather have the old system. This one encourages people to use assists since there's no benefit on turning them off (talking about clear bonuses, not "but you will get good if you turn everything off" stuff, I get that)

Have any of you guys been playing the Porsche turn key game on the XBL rewards site?

Ive won a race suit(who cares) another Hoonagin car pack (ill give it to someone who didn't pre order) and I just won a month of XBL Gold. I havent even gotten the 10 turns I got for pre ordering yet. Ive had a decent success rate of wining stuff.

Have any of you guys been playing the Porsche turn key game on the XBL rewards site?

Ive won a race suit(who cares) another Hoonagin car pack (ill give it to someone who didn't pre order) and I just won a month of XBL Gold. I havent even gotten the 10 turns I got for pre ordering yet. Ive had a decent success rate of wining stuff.

I'll be glad to take your Hoonigan code 😉 just drop me a PM 👍🏻

Daffy Duck

Is this still US only?

LoveCake

I'm going to use either my FE M4 in Nurburgring or GTR on suzuka with the VIP bonus on long races in the wet against unbeatable AI I think to grind some cash, I'm level 25, collector level 3 with just over 625,000 CR.

I think this is going to have to use the VIP bonus like this as well to raise funds.

The Stig

so i just joined the historic road cars tourney. all the selected cars were at the same rating, pre-modded.

i dont have to deal with that for the whole game do i? i hate that pre-mod shit, their priorities are always fucked up

You can't use mods when using borrowed cars. Showcases use borrowed cars. Endurance races with your own cars should allow mods just fine.

I know it's a showcase event and I know it's a borrow car. Have you played FM6? You could use mods on all showcase events, even on all endurance showcase events with borrow cars. Funny how they changed it in FM7, I guess it goes along with many economy changes in this game.

so i just joined the historic road cars tourney. all the selected cars were at the same rating, pre-modded.

i dont have to deal with that for the whole game do i? i hate that pre-mod shit, their priorities are always fucked up
Up to a point I think. Maybe you can change the parts as long as it fits in with the homologation rules. Generally though I've found it's not easy to do but I've rarely checked.

Top Bottom