• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

1fmrr6.png

3xzoga.png

232qs3.png

zou

refunded my UE preorder, hopefully they'll revert their shady VIP changes or I'm gonna sit this one out.

So.. are there certain cars locked behind loot crates? Or can I buy them all with credits?

To be honest, don't know yet. Last few pages you can find a video of someone getting a very rare car (Forza Edition) after leveling up, but his tier level was really high in the first place.

Higher the tier higher the bonuses you get when leveling up, and you level up your tier by getting cars.

Now I'm surprised they gave sold a 50% bonus CR car as part of the VIP pass, there are only two in the whole game if that spreadsheet is right.

So do we get any more of those VIP bonus mods? Mine are gone already. Built up a lot of credits but still, that's pretty scummy if we don't get some each week or something.

I do love the new lighting and shaders in use, a clear cut above forza 6 / apex in how the car looks, it's quite a nice improvement like forza 2 to forza 3. Also the rain kickup and trails are a lot better in 7.

I hate how most of the trees are 2D now and a lot of smaller details on tracks have been stripped away, less grass mostly.

I also prefer the look of the rain on the windows in forza 6, they seemed to have made windows less visually pleasing when driving in the rain but it could vary from car to car.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I do love the new lighting and shaders in use, a clear cut above forza 6 / apex in how the car looks, it's quite a nice improvement like forza 2 to forza 3. Also the rain kickup and trails are a lot better in 7.

I hate how most of the trees are 2D now and a lot of smaller details on tracks have been stripped away, less grass mostly.

I also prefer the look of the rain on the windows in forza 6, they seemed to have made windows less visually pleasing when driving in the rain but it could vary from car to car.

Are you on XB1? Presumably they had to compromise for performance and that sort of thing will be better on the X.

Are you on XB1? Presumably they had to compromise for performance and that sort of thing will be better on the X.

Nah on pc, and watching twitch/mixer

I should add I don't own the retail game just the demo but I am always watching stuff i'm interested in, I really like the photomode shots in this thread. I enjoyed playing apex a lot but the last forza I played on an xbox was 6 when it first came out, took it on holiday with me for a week :)

The Stig

can someone explain this car class stuff? i choose a competition, then go to my car list. each car is 1 point below the restriction limit............ but theyre all different and you cant mod them without busting the class limit

i then choose to buy a car and i can mod to my hearts content without breaking homologation rules........ wtf is happening here?

Echoes

Using my last VIP passes the right way. Thanks, T10...

The Elite controller disconnects after around 6 laps, so I press 'A' every once in a while. Assisted steering does everything. Suzuka track, FE car ($10K + 50% bonus), 20 laps. Should be done as I finish setting up this iPhone.

Gestault

Whether it was incompetence in forgetting to revise the description after they changed the implementation or something worse, it's absolutely terrible form. I'm glad they're updating it, but selling something with misleading or incomplete descriptions is up there as one of the worst things a game developer/publisher can do. Intentional or not, this was deceit.

The Elite controller disconnects after around 6 laps, so I press 'A' every once in a while. Assisted steering does everything. Suzuka track, FE car ($10K + 50% bonus), 20 laps. Should be done as I finish setting up this iPhone.

sort of reminds me of that person who setup a controller to cap flags in perfect dark 360

Updating the store description shows they are paying attention. Hopefully they make some real changes to either the VIP and or assist system.

It...works? Just did the same thing on PC, but with 50 laps instead of 20. Same car, full assists, in the rain. Taped the controller here.

As I write this message I'm (the AI, actually) still in first place.

avelle

Neo Member
The VIP change is total garbage. 5 mod cards with 5 uses each? Thanks a lot guys.

Also, full game seems to crash quite often on PC for me. Had no issues with demo. Back to Xbox if it crashes again, too frustrating to deal with.

Echoes

It...works? Just did the same thing on PC, but with 50 laps instead of 20. Same car, full assists, in the rain. Taped the controller here.

As I write this message I'm (the AI, actually) still in first place.
Tip: it drives so good (mostly) that it'll do Perfect Turns for you. Equip the Perfect Turn mods and sail away.

Damn, they doubled the Russian price.

It's probably still cheaper than what I paid for the standard edition ($109NZD, or about $80USD). I was in a rush to buy it last week since I had a small window of access to fibre internet for the download, shame those links were not posted earlier!

Mascot

Grinding for credits sure sounds like fun. I wish all driving games made me do time-consuming tasks that I dont really want to do to unlock better cars that I've already paid for. No, seriously. It's rewarding and in no way pointless and demeaning.

Klocker

I find them fun too. But I'd never ever spend real money on them.

exactly, you don't have to spend a dime of real money and there are plenty of credits to go around if you just race.... shocking... it's an overblown issue that they will allow some people to spend real money if they WANT to.

frontieruk

Grinding for credits sure sounds like fun. I wish all driving games made me do time-consuming tasks that I dont really want to do to unlock better cars that I've already paid for. No, seriously. It's rewarding and in no way pointless and demeaning.

I'm fairly certain you had to buy the bulk of the cars in previous incarnations too, and to earn the credits you had to race so I'm not sure what your point is here.

danowat

Banned
exactly, you don't have to spend a dime of real money and there are plenty of credits to go around if you just race.... shocking... it's an overblown issue that they will allow some people to spend real money if they WANT to.
Its not overblown, they've taken away a legitimate avenue for people to earn more credits by giving themselves skill based challenges, and moved it to a luck based loot crate system.
These aren't 'just cosmetics' any more, gameplay systems are being funneled into making loot crates more attractive.
I don't know how far these things need to go before they are universally derided.

Its not overblown, they've taken away a legitimate avenue for people to earn more credits by giving themselves skill based challenges, and moved it to a luck based loot crate system.
These aren't 'just cosmetics' any more, gameplay systems are being funneled into making loot crates more attractive.
I don't know how far these things need to go before they are universally derided.

Fuel.

I finally got a chance to play two series and a showcase in the career. My impressions are largely positive. The lighting engine and graphics are much improved over forza 6. I'm quite amazed at what they can pull off on this hardware (Xbox one). Handling in varying weather conditions is much improved and the dynamic time of day adds a nice new element to the game.

What I don't like, rivals seems to be issuing on individual tracks. I used to hop into rivals as practice before a career race. perhaps they are waiting for the official release. AI is also having issues. Much more prone to hitting me than forza 6.

What I need more time on: the economy/loot crates. This seems okay so far. The level rewards are okay and showcases give you the cars, which in the past have been awesome cars. I think the system is okay. Forza 5/6 had no economy at all. Credits were so easy to come by it was meaningless. They could have just removed credits entirely and it wouldn't have mattered. I'm okay with having to earn credits and advance in the game. It provides a good feeling of progression.

Just raced a series with the Ferrari 458 Speciale. What a wonderfully handling car. So much grip and balance. Loved it. Lovely cockpit too.

Have just won the cover star Porsche in a level up, full discount so it cost me zero credits. Am really looking forward to taking it for a spin.

There's a feeling of weight and grip in FM7 that I find very pleasing. I'm not going to get deep into that boring old simulation augment, but I'm finding the driving convincing car-like. At least enough for the fantasy of diving these beautiful machines.

Also delighted every time a series takes me to Maple Valley. So good to be back.

You can still earn credits with skill based challenges. I know it's different than what was done before, but credit boosts are still provided for difficulty setting. No credits or loot boxes required.

I honestly really like the new progression system. I haven't had to buy a single car yet and have made quite a lot of money. I have also bought a lot of loot boxes and used a lot of mods.

I also don't mind cars being locked behind things. I really like the Specialty Vendor, it reminds of searching the Used Car Lot back in GT2. Yes, I really want to buy the F40C right now. But I also think it's cool that I will have to find it in the vendor or win it.

I know I am in the tiny minority but I have missed the fun progression of old racing games. Everyone started to complain about not being able to drive all the cars from day one and now you have too much money and everything too early. There is no feeling of progression or working for those awesome cars.

Now, I do think those people were probably right. I do think we should have full access to the game we paid for. But you still have to play thru the first levels to see the rest of Uncharted, why do racing games have to be so different?

I honestly really like the new progression system. I haven't had to buy a single car yet and have made quite a lot of money. I have also bought a lot of loot boxes and used a lot of mods.

I also don't mind cars being locked behind things. I really like the Specialty Vendor, it reminds of searching the Used Car Lot back in GT2. Yes, I really want to buy the F40C right now. But I also think it's cool that I will have to find it in the vendor or win it.

I know I am in the tiny minority but I have missed the fun progression of old racing games. Everyone started to complain about not being able to drive all the cars from day one and now you have too much money and everything too early. There is no feeling of progression or working for those awesome cars.

Now, I do think those people were probably right. I do think we should have full access to the game we paid for. But you still have to play thru the first levels to see the rest of Uncharted, why do racing games have to be so different?

I mostly agree with this. I'm enjoying the progression system, the way cars are made to be special and not all instantly accessible, and the points based series where winning isn't everything.

But you still have to play thru the first levels to see the rest of Uncharted, why do racing games have to be so different?

As far as I know you can jump on Uncharted's multiplayer without even touching the campaign though. Here unless you plan on collecting pennies playing MP you will have to do at least free mode against bots to buy cars.

If there's some higher payout later on MP let me know.

zorbsie

I'm with you on this Shortt. I like that I started the game and I didn't have 10 amazing cars. I have also just been racing to earn money and I haven't really found a need to grind just yet.

My only change would be that the VIP mod was unlimited use. If that was the case I wouldn't feel ripped. Now I feel like I have to hold on to them to wait for the perfect extra long race I want to do. I hope they fix the VIP bonuses, and if they don't I hope they give us more for it. Like cars every once in a while or 3 VIP loot boxes every month. That's all I'd need to make this right.

As far as I know you can jump on Uncharted's multiplayer without even touching the campaign though. Here unless you plan on collecting pennies playing MP you will have to do at least free mode against bots to buy cars.

You can rent cars in the online races. So you can just go straight to online. And you earn XP and credits online. Not sure what the problem is.

AI difficulty is all over the place. On some tracks I can blitz them easy. Others it's a struggle. I have a feeling circuits with slow corners and chicanes slow the AI down considerably more than on faster circuits. That said I sometimes find myself faster down a straight than them, such as at Yas Marina. Where-as at Monza on the short loop they're quicker than me. And this is with the same car, same AI level and same settings. And the game still has a tendency of putting the fastest cars at the front leading to a two horse race. Still, not that much worse than in most racing games. It just hasn't improved either.

Gestault

Re: your reaction to the progression structure, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in the same boat as you. I want the in-game economy to matter. I don't necessarily just want every car at my whim and a credit count so inflated it doesn't matter to me if it goes higher. This may seem like an odd comparison, but I always think back to Meseta in Phantasy Star Online: By the halfway point of that game, you had so much money it was pointless. You can and would max out the capacity of the bank. If T10 has balanced their economy so money has worth again, I'm excited about that.

That said, I appreciate what they've continued to add to the free-play mode, so you can do the actual driving wherever/whenever you want with all the game content. I won't spend a penny on tokens, and I'm good with the "offering" since they seem to be following a standard where you can turn off its visibility.

Unless there's been an abrupt change, you can rent any car for online races. That's been that way for a long time.

Fess

Agreed. I really don't have much to complain about now after 2 days of gaming. Still a 9/10 for me. Down from 10 to 9 simply because the A.I is worthless and can't handle pile-ups and do clean races, the first turn always ends up like Destruction Derby for me lol

Top Bottom