• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

I had this game preordered but ended up canceling it due to the loot crate thing, but man I still feel sorely tempted to pick this up. I keep going back and forth in my mind about it.

From what I gather here most people are saying that there really isn't any increased grind, but still I gotta wonder if T10 is going to go in and tune that later on to encourage loot crate purchases and introduce a real money type system, because otherwise why would they have included loot crates? It doesn't make sense to me. Something doesn't feel right - but damn I would really like to pick it up.

This and Shadow of War are games I wanted to get but have cancelled due to this loot crate stuff. Shadow of War is more troublesome with it though. F7 on the other hand has not take as big a step that SoW appears to have done, but I can't shake the feeling like the other shoe is going to drop shortly.

Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 3 has similar system though. It's always there. I always think of it as some kind of DOG system. I really don't think it's a big deal.

Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 3 has similar system though. It's always there. I always think of it as some kind of DOG system. I really don't think it's a big deal.

VIP benefits in earlier games are always permanent and are very substantial, and are the primary reason people bought it, this one has only 25 uses, for $20 it is unacceptable.

It's almost as if they've spoiled us with the VIP. If you really were going to spend time on the previous games it was worth it to get the VIP. Now, not so much. Not for the amount they are charging.

If they had been more forth coming about the changes perhaps the backlash would not have been so much.

Fox Mulder

VIP benefits in earlier games are always permanent and are very substantial, and are the primary reason people bought it, this one has only 25 uses, for $20 it is unacceptable.

they fucked up with VIP and they'll have to address it eventually. They've already changed the language for the VIP bonuses in the product description.

Jezbollah

I havent got Forza 7 yet, but have owned all the previous games (at VIP level).

That VIP mode is surely something that has to be patched to give added incentive to purchase it or people like me will just stick with the standard version.....

Gek54

Just popped open the 300K Cr loot box, good stuff, finally a fun reason to spend the mountains of cash they throw at you.

Snubbers

Kunos seem to have almost nailed it in Assetto Corsa.

I'll have to fire up AC on the PC this evening and see how it's evolved, the last time I played it was pretty 'average AI', but by all accounts they've kept refining it, so be good to compare!

One thing I've noticed compared to FM6 is the AI's ability to actually make it around some tracks.

In the rain the last corner of Silverstone would often result in almost every AI car going off. They don't seem to struggle with it now.

The AI also doesn't get pressured into making mistakes in the way they did in FM6. It often seemed a bit scripted to chase a lead car in the last game and it would have a major accident not far from the finishing line.

Fox Mulder

I don't play AC but I really like F1 2017's AI.

the f1 2017 AI can race you pretty well even if they're too passive to divebombs and can be slow on the first lap. I love having extended battles through multiple corners side by side. The added layer of strategy with tires, fuel, regulations, and pitting just adds to it all. Forza is and always will be quite shallow in actually racing.

the f1 2017 AI can race you pretty well even if they're too passive to divebombs and can be slow on the first lap. I love having extended battles through multiple corners side by side. The added layer of strategy with tires, fuel, regulations, and pitting just adds to it all. Forza is and always will be quite shallow in actually racing.

Yeah F1 2017's career mode is the best racing game / sports game career mode ever made, perfectly captures almost every aspect of the sport very, very well.

LoveCake

Options > Hud > Camera motion effects.

First thing I did in the game before even playing a race. Makes me nauseous.

Oh yes! I had to do this straight away, the first race I was "what the hell is this going on, on my screen" why would it even be on from default?

Some of the comments in the official forum :/ I have never seen anything like it! I cannot see it getting any better once all the standard versions start being played.

I don't see there is much point in complaining because the loot-crates are not going to be removed as they will break the economy in the game in regards to race payouts, car prices etc, trying to remove the homologation would surely brake the game mechanics, the AI though maybe something could be done, however I wonder if it is tied in-with the homologation aspect of the Championship races.

The VIP the only way is to give away a few top tier loot-boxes on Fridays, restore the 'Tier Rewards',
the only way a permanent credit/XP boost card will be given-out, would be if they patched the VIP HE car boosts, but they put them in the game anyway, so maybe this is the way they wanted it, if people want to use it they can and it's not a default.

Yeah F1 2017's career mode is the best racing game / sports game career mode ever made, perfectly captures almost every aspect of the sport very, very well.

Reminds me I still need to pick up F1 2017 when I have the hours spare to sink into it.

Luckydog

I feel like the loot crate stuff is slightly overblown.....But the VIP being a consumable is unacceptable.

Refunded my physical copy of UE this morning.

I enjoyed it when I forced myself to play it, but all day yesterday I ended up playing Secret of Mana on my SNES Classic instead of FM7... that pretty much told me more than enough that this game is a pass.

Hopefully T10 fixes the VIP and other BS it has coz there is a fun game underneath it and I’d love to comeback in the future. But at this point, nope.

Small update:

Got a refund from amazon.de, can keep the game though.
Well, congrats, I guess?

It's one thing for the Ai to tag you from the rear and spin you but I do wish they'd come off the throttle to give me a chance to correct myself. Instead they just drive you down the road like this -
BVeFUkj.jpg
- until we both crash (usually).
The AI does it to each other too. I saw this whilst lapping them on the Indianapolis track. They must have gone half a mile before the car fell off!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It's one thing for the Ai to tag you from the rear and spin you but I do wish they'd come off the throttle to give me a chance to correct myself. Instead they just drive you down the road like this -

The AI does it to each other too.
I’ve noticed this as well and it’s infuriating. I always have to be the one to come to a near complete stop just to get them off me.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Right, how do i change race length and race start type (rolling instead of standing start)? TIA 😎

Go under the difficulty settings before a race, at the very bottom there should be a "Race Length" option. Standard/Long/Very Long are three options.

AFAIK, there's no way to change it from a standing/Rolling start.

Cyanity

Banned
Well, congrats, I guess?

The AI does it to each other too. I saw this whilst lapping them on the Indianapolis track. They must have gone half a mile before the car fell off!

This looks dumb as hell. FH3 didn't have this issue...what gives?

Really enjoying the single player game this time around. So good to be in a points based system and one where we're not expected to win every single race. So I'm playing on an AI skill level above my own meagre abilities but in doing so being in the middle of some really exciting racing. (One nitpick though I wish each race in a six-race series gave the same points for each race)

But one concern I had was perhaps the second stage of the single player game perhaps requiring all wins. Thankfully it doesn't.

I'll put the rest in spoilers:

When you've reached the points target for all six racing division you win the Forza Driver's Cup trophy. But then it unlocks more events on all the six divisions and gives a new points target. These are then known by their previous names with Elite as a prefix.

To complete each division then you must reach the points target - which is not very tough - and compete in every event in that division. I was worried I'd have to 100% them.

But I'm happy to report after finishing all of the Elite Seeker Championship division and by no means finishing first in every events I became Elite Seeker Championship. Won a nice shiny new racing outfit and the 2017 Focus RS Forza Edition - which gives 5000XP at Watkins Glen.

Knowing all that means I can go have fun with the rest of the Elite divisions without worrying about winning first place in every race. There is an achievement for folks who want to do that kind of thing, but I'm not of a masochist for that!

It's kind of ironic that best Forza game will sell the worst because of few stupid things they had to add and change.

Nothing really bothers me in this game but from what I have seen on different forums people are really pissed cause of the VIP and loot boxes. There is quite a lot of people not liking the overall presentation of the game as it starts looking more like Horizon than sim racer, with silly race suits, silly driver animations before and after race, medicore music and I have seen people upset about Hoonigan and F&F car packs as well cause they would rather get peoper race cars instead of this.

Even my hardcore Forza friends all went with refund. Such a small thing caused such a mess.

MaLDo

Finally I've seen the Turn10 logo and the Press enter screen. Ok.

Then, the xbox green window pops for a second, closes and Press enter again.

forza7shit70se1.jpg

Oficially this is the most fucked game I've ever seen in my PC. Good job.

Microsoft support says that the game can't start because can't syncronize with xbox app because was bought in russia store while my xbox account is not from russia.

giphy.gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Really enjoying the single player game this time around. So good to be in a points based system and one where we're not expected to win every single race. So I'm playing on an AI skill level above my own meagre abilities but in doing so being in the middle of some really exciting racing. (One nitpick though I wish each race in a six-race series gave the same points for each race)

But one concern I had was perhaps the second stage of the single player game perhaps requiring all wins. Thankfully it doesn't.

I'll put the rest in spoilers:

When you've reached the points target for all six racing division you win the Forza Driver's Cup trophy. But then it unlocks more events on all the six divisions and gives a new points target. These are then known by their previous names with Elite as a prefix.

To complete each division then you must reach the points target - which is not very tough - and compete in every event in that division. I was worried I'd have to 100% them.

But I'm happy to report after finishing all of the Elite Seeker Championship division and by no means finishing first in every events I became Elite Seeker Championship. Won a nice shiny new racing outfit and the 2017 Focus RS Forza Edition - which gives 5000XP at Watkins Glen.

Knowing all that means I can go have fun with the rest of the Elite divisions without worrying about winning first place in every race. There is an achievement for folks who want to do that kind of thing, but I'm not of a masochist for that!

My only gripe is that there isn't a REAL championship type series for the division.

It's all "You won the Seeker Championship" after I completed a series and I'm like "Uh.. I did?"

I just finished the Corvette C7R endurance race on Spa. 23 laps for the "normal" length race. I highly recommend this race as I netted quite the rewards. I leveled up my driver three levels and netted ~100,000 credits, three cars from leveling up, and the C7R. Also, it appears that you have to complete the showcases in order to get the cars featured in the showcase.

GHG

Gold Member
Most gamers don't go in forums. Just a moaning minority like us. ;)

Exactly. Most gamers can't wait for these loot boxes to be purchasable with real money so they can start buying them. And that's exactly the problem. If not why would they bother to invest money and time into implementing these things?

Keep this mobile game shit out of full priced games. It's pretty simple really.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this shit.

MouldyK

(One nitpick though I wish each race in a six-race series gave the same points for each race)

That is a nitpick of mine too! It folds into the “Win All Races” Achievement too! Turn 10 need to finally put this in! Horizon 3 did it!

There is an achievement for folks who want to do that kind of thing, but I'm not of a masochist for that!

Im barely into the Championships (doing one a day due to work and Long Race)...but that achievement shouldn’t exist.

I hope it’s Win Every Event and not Every Race.

MouldyK

Yeah, I am starting to think that!

I’m 25 and don’t get the concept of buying boxes!

Like the Loot Box thing I shamelessly enjoy. The idea of getting a random prize excites me (Blame Shenmue’s Capsule Toys)...but in a £50 game...or £80?! I just don’t understand it!

Forza 7 is still an Amazing Game for me and I’m happy I got it and it don’t make me regret pre-ordering a Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X or the GTEYE for my G920 Brake Pedal...

...but damn is it The Most Evil Amazing Game I’ve played with it’s Loot Boxes and the whole “most a Championship...but not really!” Crap.

I remember back in the day all of this was nothing but fields.

;)

Farm Sim 17 the best driving game on Xbox because it has Fields...and no Microtransactions!

And can’t you hire Drivers in that game too?! Damn, it’s the true sequel to Forza 4!

MANGOD

Banned
After having issues on the demo for my pc I was expecting the worst, however the game has ran perfect so far. 4k maxed is something else. Does the pc support hdr? Not seen anything in the options

MaDKaT

Woo... finally got through the first 3 races. Only crashed 5 times, lol. After that and I could configure the graphic settings it seemed to have calmed down and I was able to do a couple of races and some free run time trail without issue.

Top Bottom