• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Ok, I don't think it's a placebo.... the menus are much smoother now.

Version number is now 1.107.1807.2 , I think it was 1.106.2356.2 before. If that brings us any further to the truth.

Edit: Holy cow, Nordschleife is now way brighter than before, you can actually see the track in cockpit view! I think they changed the time of day.

blanky

Good lord... that american muscle car in the initial cup. I love it, but hate it. I took the Camaro FE and on VIR short with drivatar set to expert I really got pissed with the AI. They really don't like it when you pass them, they will steer into you and keep pushing you for a couple of meters. I've had that happen several times, even caused me to flip over in the fast flick to the left before the big corner before the finish straight. Don't even get me started on getting through the first corner with 12 cars ahead of you on this track, it's just random every time but always continues idiocy.

What struck me during the replay though was how fucking boring the rest of the field was. I mean it's cool there are 24 cars, but everytime I passed over the finished line and the camera zoomed in on the remainder of the field it was a long single file line. I don't think the AI is really tuned to each other but seem to have staggered skill. So instead of a race you just need to pass through a field of slower cars :/

Nick_C

Kinda on the fence about this one. I'd like to buy it but PC performance is all over the place, it seems. I have a One S, but I'm definitely not getting a One X any time soon.

Anyone in this thread have it on PC with similar specs?

4820k @ 3.7
16GB DDR3

edit: fat-fingered my original specs

artsi

Installed new patch, went to upgrade my car, and crashed to desktop again randomly in the menus.

Great game but PC version is bonkers, too bad I can't get a refund anymore.

God homologation is so garbage.

If I wanted a meh system like the one from the new Gran Turismo I would've bought that instead.

There were many complaints regarding leaderboard cars and methods to exploit the PI system in prior games. This is an effort to address that. Time will tell if it works. I'd rather they ditch the PI entirely and go to a new system as opposed to having both. With PI and homologation it gets a bit confusing regarding upgrades.

Kinda on the fence about this one. I'd like to buy it but PC performance is all over the place, it seems. I have a One S, but I'm definitely not getting a One X any time soon.

4820k @ 3.7
16GB DDR3

You are getting 4K locked 60fps at higher than X1X settings.

There were many complaints regarding leaderboard cars and methods to exploit the PI system in prior games. This is an effort to address that. Time will tell if it works. I'd rather they ditch the PI entirely and go to a new system as opposed to having both. With PI and homologation it gets a bit confusing regarding upgrades.

There are probably more factors, but I seem to recall that one of the major complaints about PI is that they never get the balance right. One game it swings to high grip tires, another to V12 rockets. I don't know how true is that statement is though.

But hell, if you're going to fix it then fix it, don't mix multiple ones.

caramac

I’m 25 and don’t get the concept of buying boxes!

Like the Loot Box thing I shamelessly enjoy. The idea of getting a random prize excites me (Blame Shenmue’s Capsule Toys)...but in a £50 game...or £80?! I just don’t understand it!

Forza 7 is still an Amazing Game for me and I’m happy I got it and it don’t make me regret pre-ordering a Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X or the GTEYE for my G920 Brake Pedal...

...but damn is it The Most Evil Amazing Game I’ve played with it’s Loot Boxes and the whole “most a Championship...but not really!” Crap.

Farm Sim 17 the best driving game on Xbox because it has Fields...and no Microtransactions!

And can’t you hire Drivers in that game too?! Damn, it’s the true sequel to Forza 4!

Does that GTEYE spring make the brake pedal feel a lot better on the G920?

4820k @ 3.7
16GB DDR3

Same but ryzen - all settings maxed, 4xMSAA at 4K - absolutely rock stable 60fps. The performance of the pc version is insane.

MouldyK

Does that GTEYE spring make the brake pedal feel a lot better on the G920?

I don’t know as I don’t have yet.

But people say if the stiffness is annoying, you can void your warranty and open it to remove the rubber: Here

And the GTEYE gives you back some stiffness...but for £18, it’s a gamble!

Nick_C

You are getting 4K locked 60fps at higher than X1X settings.

Same but ryzen - all settings maxed, 4xMSAA at 4K - absolutely rock stable 60fps. The performance of the pc version is insane.

Thanks for the responses. I've been a little apprehensive because I tried out the demo and the performance was absolutely abysmal. I'm talking constant freezes in the menu and races upwards of 5 seconds, and load times over 2 minutes. Oddly enough, no CTDs.

I just reinstalled FH3 on my PC and performance is like night and day compared to launch. Should I expect something similar with FM7?

He said the pc version was bonkers, which I read as „very buggy and highly unstable“. Which is nonsense, unless the patch is fucky. The pc version in general is good, the performance even astonishing.

Well, he's not wrong. I found so many bugs it's not even funny. Plus performance deteriorating after long sessions here, and the stuttering, CPU hogging, the list goes on and on.

Thanks for the responses. I've been a little apprehensive because I tried out the demo and the performance was absolutely abysmal. I'm talking constant freezes in the menu and races upwards of 5 seconds, and load times over 2 minutes. Oddly enough, no CTDs.

I just reinstalled FH3 on my PC and performance is like night and day compared to launch. Should I expect something similar with FM7?

Load times are still garbage (even though I'm using a SSD) and the stuttering is still there.
Horizon 3 is miles better performance wise than FM7 right now, it's not even close. The only reason I pre-ordered this game was because I thought they would transfer the knowledge to Turn10 so the launch would be as smooth as FH3 post Hot Wheels patch.

Guess I was very wrong.

artsi

He said the pc version was bonkers, which I read as „very buggy and highly unstable”. Which is nonsense, unless the patch is fucky. The pc version in general is good, the performance even astonishing.

Great if you don't have problems but I disagree, you don't need to search much even in this thread to find a lot of people with crashing issues.

Has anyone else had any crash issues on PC? I was scrolling through mods I had just opened when it froze and crashed...

I had a crash to desktop at the final stretch of a 3 lap complete Nordschleife race. Nearly broke my steering wheel.

Also, full game seems to crash quite often on PC for me. Had no issues with demo. Back to Xbox if it crashes again, too frustrating to deal with.

Is there a solution for the constant menu crashes? It's totally fine in race and performance are great but it randomly crashes a lot in menus and post race result screen on PC.

I did the endurance race in the second trophy. Did anyone have any issues after 15-16 laps with the track completely disappearing? i turned on the driving line just so i could tell where to go, then the game crashed :( i was almost done with the race.

Game just crashed 40 minutes in that endurance challenge in the breakout championship.

I think I'm gonna play something else for the rest of the night.

This game. Damn.

37481384601_6af1042243_o.png

36772268634_2eee6bf0e9_o.png

The engine bay details are incredible.

Nick_C

Well, he's not wrong. I found so many bugs it's not even funny. Plus performance deteriorating after long sessions here, and the stuttering, CPU hogging, the list goes on and on.

Load times are still garbage (even though I'm using a SSD) and the stuttering is still there.
Horizon 3 is miles better performance wise than FM7 right now, it's not even close. The only reason I pre-ordered this game was because I thought they would transfer the knowledge to Turn10 so the launch would be as smooth as FH3 post Hot Wheels patch.

Guess I was very wrong.

Forgot to mention that I had the demo running off of my SSD. What kind of build do you have with so many issues?

This game. Damn.

The engine bay details are incredible.

image.php

Forgot to mention that I had the demo running off of my SSD. What kind of build do you have with so many issues?

image.php

You mean game build? I'm using the 1.106.2356.2.

PC? Overclocked 6700k, 16GB Ram 3000mhz, 1080Ti,

Got it. So was there a patch today? Was it for PC or xbox? Or maybe both?

According to the pictures I've seen, both. 254mb on console. One thing that I've read multiple times is that the menus are better / smoother.

caramac

I don’t know as I don’t have yet.

But people say if the stiffness is annoying, you can void your warranty and open it to remove the rubber: Here

And the GTEYE gives you back some stiffness...but for £18, it’s a gamble!

Yeah thanks for that, l did take a look on ebay at the GTEYE but the price put me off tbh.
I suppose l could still be tempted if the improvement is good. I dunno, like you say, its a gamble.

Shit, sorry. Yeah I meant PC build. And yours stomps mine in every regard.

Thing is, I've seen people with older PCs running it fine, so I would classify it as a gamble. It might be perfect on your computer, but it also might not be. It's not a 100% chance of being bad. Treat my post more like a warning instead of a "no don't do it".

Popsickles

Performance wise I am running an Fx6300 oc at 4ghz and a sapphire rx470 nitro, 1080p/60 at ultra, 4msaa and 133% resolution scale and I only get the odd stutter, which I am sure is down to the game hogging 2 cores at 100%. If they can iron out the multithreading then this would run perfect.

Nick_C

Thing is, I've seen people with older PCs running it fine, so I would classify it as a gamble. It might be perfect on your computer, but it also might not be. It's not a 100% chance of being bad. Treat my post more like a warning instead of a "no don't do it".

Ahh, PC gaming. I'll check it out and if worse comes to worst I'll refund it. I really dont' feel like having it sitting in my library for possibly 6+ months before it's in an accapetable state. Then again, it could work flawlessly.

Thanks for your help though.

Just downloaded the patch on Xbox and Ram bonus still working for me.

GTR Black on Suzuka is still good to go for CR post-patch as well.

Praise the v8 lord, thank you both.

Ahh, PC gaming. I'll check it out and if worse comes to worst I'll refund it. I really dont' feel like having it sitting in my library for possibly 6+ months before it's in an accapetable state. Then again, it could work flawlessly.

Thanks for your help though.

No problem, even though in my eagerness sometimes I overdo it, I'm here to help.

Is there a video anyone can recommend that highlights the tracks? I'm curious to see what's included specifically tracks that give you a feeling of being in another country, as cheesy as that sounds. I know Dubai is in there but am curious about others

Nick_C

Praise the v8 lord, thank you both.

No problem, even though in my eagerness sometimes I overdo it, I'm here to help.

Nah dude, you're not overdoing it. It's clear from your posts in the FM7 threads that you want this game to be the best it can be. Big difference between blind hatred and critique.

Stoffinator

Installed new patch, went to upgrade my car, and crashed to desktop again randomly in the menus.

Great game but PC version is bonkers, too bad I can't get a refund anymore.

Game is crashing on me now when I try to continue my career. It crashed so hard before the patch I had to unplug my Xbox One S. When I came back, there was a 200MB+ update. Now I can't even get into career.

HeliosT10

Hi all,

Earlier today we released an update for Forza Motorsport 7 to address a number of stability-related issues for players on Windows 10 PCs. This update addresses several additional issues in the game on both PC and Xbox One. These fixes include:

- Fixed numerous livery-related issues, including some liveries applying as paint colors only, liveries not appearing in multiplayer, and game lock-ups when cancelling liveries.
- Fixed an issue where vinyls would not appear in the vinyl editor for players who were creating vinyl groups with HDR enabled.
- Arabic text is no longer reversed in game menus
- Default profile slider settings for wheel users are no longer maxed out
- Benchmark mode on PC now displays the correct minimum FPS
- Framerate now improved in loading with G-Sync enabled.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
He said the pc version was bonkers, which I read as „very buggy and highly unstable“. Which is nonsense, unless the patch is fucky. The pc version in general is good, the performance even astonishing.
It’s not nonsense. I crashed to desktop on the very first race then crashed again trying to load the race back up. I am fully up to date with Windows and my Nvidia drivers. I feel his pain.

Stoffinator

Hi all,

Earlier today we released an update for Forza Motorsport 7 to address a number of stability-related issues for players on Windows 10 PCs. This update addresses several additional issues in the game on both PC and Xbox One. These fixes include:

- Fixed numerous livery-related issues, including some liveries applying as paint colors only, liveries not appearing in multiplayer, and game lock-ups when cancelling liveries.
- Fixed an issue where vinyls would not appear in the vinyl editor for players who were creating vinyl groups with HDR enabled.
- Arabic text is no longer reversed in game menus
- Default profile slider settings for wheel users are no longer maxed out
- Benchmark mode on PC now displays the correct minimum FPS
- Framerate now improved in loading with G-Sync enabled.

Are there any reports of severe game crashing? I can't even load my SP game anymore. Causes Xbox to crash.

Top Bottom