• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

I don't know, it might be just me but I like lighting in this game way more than any previous Forza games, I hope they gonna stick with it for future Forza games. Everything has more realistic look to it thanks to the new lighting.

The new lighting is amazing, the best looking forza in terms of car lighting and ambient lighting for sure, it just seems like the trade of was more simple track details and other small changes. The new rain effects for splashes, water trails and kickup are much improved over 6 and apex also.

I don't know, it might be just me but I like lighting in this game way more than any previous Forza games, I hope they gonna stick with it for future Forza games. Everything has more realistic look to it thanks to the new lighting.

Definitely. Though they still have work to do. Certain lighting conditions look perfect, others not quite as much Also, some of the materials don't properly convey the right lighting. The other thing is the shadows and AO around and under the car. Those need work as well, especially on uneven surfaces.

Compared to FM6 though, it's quite a lot better.

borges

Banned
Now that the loot / CR thing is a thing, remember that there's a Forza app in the xbox store that every two weeks gives for free a nice amount of credits. Today I got 519K for all my owned forza entries.

The new lighting is amazing, the best looking forza in terms of car lighting and ambient lighting for sure, it just seems like the trade of was more simple track details and other small changes. The new rain effects for splashes, water trails and kickup are much improved over 6 and apex also.

Yeah they made a lot of improvements in this Forza but obviously they had to tone some things down to improve other aspects of the game.

Definitely. Though they still have work to do. Certain lighting conditions look perfect, others not quite as much Also, some of the materials don't properly convey the right lighting. The other thing is the shadows and AO around and under the car. Those need work as well, especially on uneven surfaces.

Compared to FM6 though, it's quite a lot better.

I'm pretty sure that regular xbox one played a role in this. After all they have to make it playable on regular xbox and can't really make it too different cause people would think like they are lesser audience. If it was Xbox One X and PC only I'm pretty sure a lot of things would look even better.

Klocker

Now that the loot / CR thing is a thing, remember that there's a Forza app in the xbox store that every two weeks gives for free a nice amount of credits. Today I got 519K for all my owned forza entries.

we can also open that app from within the game menu FYI

Just finished the Forza Driver’s Cup after playing almost non-stop since Friday! Except...

Spoiler:
It opens up even more showcases, and a promise of something special if you mop up the remaining events!

TheRed

Do people actually find the "racing" in this game fun? I keep cranking up the difficulty but so far have been really disappointed in the AI. They don't seem to ever attempt to pass each other, except maybe in the first turn. They remind me of in PGR the overtake minigame where cars would be spaced out evenly in the track ahead driving at moderately high speeds and you had to try to overtake as many of them as you could before time ran out.
That's what this game has felt like to me so far especailly with long race setting on, they don't defend from you trying to pass them, aside from ramming you 100% of the time if you come into their line. Feels like just random traffic throughout the track you pass 1 by 1. I haven't played a Forza Motorsport game since FM3 so idk if this one is different. Do I just have to put the difficulty at max?

Will Turn 10 address these type of issues with strong support? PC racing sims get tons of support for years after the fact like Assetto Corsa just got that AI update this year which really made it fantastic when it use to be up there as one of the worst. Idk if I can expect big changes like that before they are already hard at work on making and pushing us to be interested in buying another one again with FM8.

I hope they do work a lot on improving the game, it could truly be incredible. Though all the 10/10s they've gotten probably don't reinforce the idea that they need to fix anything.

Do people actually find the "racing" in this game fun? I keep cranking up the difficulty but so far have been really disappointed in the AI. They don't seem to ever attempt to pass each other, except maybe in the first turn. They remind me of in PGR the overtake minigame where cars would be spaced out evenly in the track ahead driving at moderately high speeds and you had to try to overtake as many of them as you could before time ran out.
That's what this game has felt like to me so far especailly with long race setting on, they don't defend from you trying to pass them, aside from ramming you 100% of the time if you come into their line. Feels like just random traffic throughout the track you pass 1 by 1. I haven't played a Forza Motorsport game since FM3 so idk if this one is different. Do I just have to put the difficulty at max?

Will Turn 10 address these type of issues with strong support? PC racing sims get tons of support for years after the fact like Assetto Corsa just got that AI update this year which really made it fantastic when it use to be up there as one of the worst. Idk if I can expect big changes like that before they are already hard at work on making and pushing us to be interested in buying another one again with FM8.

I hope they do work a lot on improving the game, it could truly be incredible. Though all the 10/10s they've gotten probably don't reinforce the idea that they need to fix anything.

Drivatars been like that since they introduced them and never got changed. They always been like that, no matter the difficulty they all drive like shit. And even on the highest difficulty you only race maybe 3 AI cause the rest is way back. I still think the drivatars are just an excuse for poor AI in Forza games. I have seen my drivatar racing in my friends game and he drove nothing like me lol

borges

Banned

Man, you should be Schumacher. This game on hardest difficulty, manual and no assists at all (As I play it) its damn challenging.

TheRed

Man, you should be Schumacher. This game on hardest difficulty, manual and no assists at all (As I play it) its damn challenging.

I don't think it's not challenging at all, I haven't got first place a few times because the first place guy was too far ahead of me and I struggled in early laps with the car. Think I was on the difficulty just under the hardest when playing. But the AI behavior just doesn't look exciting at all or like they're even trying to get through corners fast most of the time.

I do enjoy driving the cars in this game and improving my own lap times. I just find the AI brings it down a bit for me.

That's how I play, but I agree with H3rTz DoNuT's assessment. The AI is crazy dumb and even on Unbeatable, you'll only have 1-3 cars that are actually challenging.

And in typical Forza AI, once you pass an AI opponent, they tend to back WAY off. So even on Unbeatable, if you make it past the first corner bumper car match and pick off the next few leaders, you'll cruise to victory. It's been that way since FM3 at least.

Rizific

usually that is the case, yes

said it right on the games store page, unlocks on 10/2/17 at 9:00 :p. download going now...95GB 0_0

edit: my pc DL'ing at 125 Mb/s while my X1 is going at 10 Mb/s...xbl speeds still shitty i see. but only a 67gb dl on x1.

Fox Mulder

Unbeatable AI just is faster and the challenge is clearing the pack and catching the one or two that drive away unopposed. But they race like shit.

I find more excitement and fun AI battles in something like f1. Practices, qualifying, real strategies with pit stop and regulations. I just like driving around in Forza improving my lap times and leaderboard ranking.

TheRed

Unbeatable AI just is faster and the challenge is clearing the pack and catching the one or two that drive away unopposed. But they race like shit.

I find more excitement and fun AI battles in something like f1. Practices, qualifying, real strategies with pit stop and regulations. I just like driving around in Forza improving my lap times and leaderboard ranking.

Have read lots of good comments about this year's F1. Have never played one but am really interested now. Only wish it had VR support, maybe 2018 will.

Revson

So there is an unlimited XP/credit glitch that's going around. I wonder how Turn 10 will deal with people (understandably) taking advantage of it.

Klocker

said it right on the games store page, unlocks on 10/2/17 at 9:00 :p. download going now...95GB 0_0

edit: my pc DL'ing at 125 Mb/s while my X1 is going at 10 Mb/s...xbl speeds still shitty i see. but only a 67gb dl on x1.

sweet not long now! enjoy

cross post from review thread, meant to post here

Regarding the difficulty and racing.

I don't know, I have been playing this game all weekend and it seems like on the short races I was pretty much beating everyone. I am playing on above-average aggression limit turned OFF and long races which is about 7 to 10 laps.

I have found for some reason, I don't know if it's the distance or the aggression, but I have really had to work to even be in the last five or six races. I don't think I would play a few races and decide that this difficulty and AI is the same as past for as. it definitely seems improved to me.

F6 to me was one of the worst, you either had one car way out in front that you could never catch or you would go past the field and be gone for the rest of the race.

What I'm seeing here, my last race as an example is I got past places 9 and 8 and was working hard to try to catch up to 6 but eight and nine stayed with me for about 3 laps straight, passing each other, passing me, cutting me off on the corners and fighting me until I calmed down and tightened up my lines and slowly pulled away from them over the next couple of laps. finally catching up to the front group on the last lap and still was never able to pass them.

So I think we won't know until we've played a while and it really depends on each person's difficulty level and tuning of their car of course but I am finding it challenging. More challenging than the past and more fun.

I tried unbeatable and ended up in last 5 even on long races

nikos

Every time I try to join a multiplayer lobby, I get "failed to acquire server data."

I don't have XBL Gold, but I'm playing on PC.

Anyone else seeing this?

So there is an unlimited XP/credit glitch that's going around. I wonder how Turn 10 will deal with people (understandably) taking advantage of it.

How is it a glitch? They gave you a car that gives you xp on certain track and when you use the car and certain track you get the xp. It's in the game, they have put it in there. No one is doing anything other than the game let you. It's not players fault that they put that into the game. I'm pretty sure they feel salty now but no one is braking any rules or hacking the game. Besides, what are they gonna do? Ban all the owners of the Ultimate edition to piss everyone even more after vip fiasco? Especially with GTS around the corner and PC2 already out?

I actually don't blame people for doing it, every ultimate owner got screwed on VIP change, change that was never mentioned to anyone. People are trying to get the most out of it, they paid extra to make sure they get x2 credits which they didn't, so now they try to make as much as they can.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
My game froze for 20 seconds on the very first race and the game completely closed. Aaaand it just closed itself again before I could even get back in the race.

Revson

How is it a glitch? They gave you a car that gives you xp on certain track and when you use the car and certain track you get the xp. It's in the game, they have put it in there. No one is doing anything other than the game let you.

I'm talking about a glitch that can get you to tier 12 within 2 hours. The one that freezes the game.

I'm talking about a glitch that can get you to tier 12 within 2 hours. The one that freezes the game.

My bad, I though you talking about the RAM and Test Track farming. If that;s the caseI don't think they will be able to tell the difference who did it with Ram and who use the freeze glitch.

I remember when people were unlocking my designs (and not only mine) stealing my paints etc. I had to contact someone from the T10 and report case by case because they couldn't tell if it happened or not.

Gestault

Anyone else finding the replay audio a bit strange?
I'm finding it hard to hear the cars properly..especially mine.

Mine has sounded ok so far, but I thought it was odd that in the audio options, there's a slider for opponent engine sounds, but not the players'.

[unrelated to the above]

I'm happy to report the in-car clocks are accurate. Also DAMMIT it's 1 am.

GHG

Gold Member
The issue of the one AI driver at the front running away with it is still present on a lot of tracks using unbeatable difficulty... sigh.

saladine1

Just had one of the most thrilling driving experiences in FM yet.
Lancia Delta S4 at Rio Reverse. The car is so much fun with 4 short gears and a longer 5th.
Awesome acceleration and loose rear coupled with that eargasmic cockpit audio.....GLORIOUS!

Also, love the heat shimmer effects especially at Sebring. Looks spectacular if I'm honest.

GHG

Gold Member
Yep, the only good thing is that you can catch up to him now with races set to long or very long.

It makes the races boring in a different way now though. By lap 3 you can be ahead of the rest (who don't pose much challenge and just let you through without fighting back) and then you are racing alone in empty space until you catch up to the first place guy and he will just let you on past when you finally reach him.

They needed to drop these Drivatars years ago.

Lego Boss

Can someone illuminate the tyre wear model on this? I set the races to long (7-10 laps) and I can noticebaly feel the tyres going away from me at around the last 1/3 of the race. I am wondering if this is consitent, i.e. if you are doing shorter races is it just as prounonced, or is it compounded by doing longer racs (i.e. tyres will last a certain amount of time, then they will go off).

Do you need to pit in in the very long races? More crucially, do the AI?

Game crashed three times in the first thirty minutes. Stuck on saving after downloading and applying a tune setup. Uninstalled and refunding.

f@luS

More than a member.
Just tried the game. What are these loading ? More than 1 minute to start a single race ?! (Felt almost like 1.30-2)
Anyway I’ll play next month on X just wanted to try

danowat

Banned
The issue of the one AI driver at the front running away with it is still present on a lot of tracks using unbeatable difficulty... sigh.

Yeah, you'll also find he slows down on the last couple of laps to allow you to catch him up too.

spadge

How are people viewing in-game FPS on PC? I’ve tried the steam overlay and Nvidia experience and neither do anything. FH3 had an option in the menu but this doesn’t seem to have anything.

Fess

My game froze for 20 seconds on the very first race and the game completely closed. Aaaand it just closed itself again before I could even get back in the race.
I had a crash to desktop at the final stretch of a 3 lap complete Nordschleife race. Nearly broke my steering wheel.

Captn

For those with crashes and laggy menus..Try disabling core 0 in the task manager under affinity setting on process forza.exe

Made wonders for me!! No crashes!! Almost done Breakout section in career mode!

Game runs like a champ!!

danowat

Banned
Pretty quiet round here considering it's release day, especially compared to the wailing and gnashing of teeth over at the official forums!

LoveCake

The Forza Hub? you get credits every Friday, its been like this for the last couple of Forza games.

Pretty quiet round here considering it's release day, especially compared to the wailing and gnashing of teeth over at the official forums!

It seems pretty split on the official forums, more not liking the game if anything, I think a lot have been put off by what has gone on, I know of two people that have pulled their orders for the normal game and was talking to a guy who was going to get a Xbox One S (they have a PS4 already) for Forza 7 but have put this on hold now.

Forza 7 is a RIPOFF? - The Know

T10 still have not come out and said anything yet, I don't know why they have turned on their most loyal fans :(

Klocker

The Forza Hub? you get credits every Friday, its been like this for the last couple of Forza games.

It seems pretty split on the official forums, more not liking the game if anything, I think a lot have been put off by what has gone on, I know of two people that have pulled their orders for the normal game and was talking to a guy who was going to get a Xbox One S (they have a PS4 already) for Forza 7 but have put this on hold now.

Forza 7 is a RIPOFF? - The Know

T10 still have not come out and said anything yet, I don't know why they have turned on their most loyal fans :(

the loot box controversy is ridiculous... you earn plenty of cash and credits in game and can use those credits to spend on the prizes but no real money needs be spent. Ever. to get plenty of rewards.

big fn deal.

now the VIP deal is real and needs to be fixed.

danowat

Banned
the loot box controversy is ridiculous... you earn plenty of cash and credits in game and can use those credits to spend on the prizes but no real money needs be spent. Ever. to get plenty of rewards.

big fn deal.

now the VIP deal is real and needs to be fixed.

Couple of hypothetical questions

1) How motivated does the game make you to buy loot crates?.

2) Do find yourself opting to buy a loot crate instead of a car?.

Top Bottom