• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Spasm

Hi all,

Earlier today we released an update for Forza Motorsport 7 to address a number of stability-related issues for players on Windows 10 PCs. This update addresses several additional issues in the game on both PC and Xbox One. These fixes include:

- Fixed numerous livery-related issues, including some liveries applying as paint colors only, liveries not appearing in multiplayer, and game lock-ups when cancelling liveries.
- Fixed an issue where vinyls would not appear in the vinyl editor for players who were creating vinyl groups with HDR enabled.
- Arabic text is no longer reversed in game menus
- Default profile slider settings for wheel users are no longer maxed out
- Benchmark mode on PC now displays the correct minimum FPS
- Framerate now improved in loading with G-Sync enabled.
No mention of improved Menu performance? Cause, except in cases of heavy loading/transitions, they are silky smooth. Thanks.

Have there been any reports of post-race replays not working on PC with a wheel? It constantly thinks I'm trying to rewind the replay, won't roll forward at all. I unplug my wheel, and replays play just fine.

low-G

My first impressions on PC are good. The visual bump is as big as a console generational jump. (OG Xbox -> 3 on 360 (not 2) -> X1)

Between that and the presentation, I think it'll keep my interest more than Forza 6 did. (My daughter stole it from me or I'd be playing now)

Hi all,

Earlier today we released an update for Forza Motorsport 7 to address a number of stability-related issues for players on Windows 10 PCs. This update addresses several additional issues in the game on both PC and Xbox One. These fixes include:

- Fixed numerous livery-related issues, including some liveries applying as paint colors only, liveries not appearing in multiplayer, and game lock-ups when cancelling liveries.
- Fixed an issue where vinyls would not appear in the vinyl editor for players who were creating vinyl groups with HDR enabled.
- Arabic text is no longer reversed in game menus
- Default profile slider settings for wheel users are no longer maxed out
- Benchmark mode on PC now displays the correct minimum FPS
- Framerate now improved in loading with G-Sync enabled.
Thanks for keeping us updated.
This might sound like begging, but since I have you here... please tell me the dev team regrets taking out hot lapping / time trial mode and will bring it back ASAP.

Played a lot this evening. Game is great and distractingly gorgeous. This is easily the best Forza early on.

I love the dynamic weather in this game. Having it go from a heavy rain with thunder and lightning to partly cloudy skies where the sun is shining through and the tarmac is still wet and glistening... glorious.

DirtyLarry

Damn. I am just realizing the whole thing with the VIP. I can say with some pretty damn good confidence that originally the description of the Ultimate Edition did not originally say it was only good for 25 uses or whatever the case may be.
I always pick up the Ultimate Edition as I enjoyed the extra perks of VIP, especially since I do not play a whole lot. Every little bit helps.
I am pretty damn certain if the initial description said it was limited, I never would have spent the extra $20.
For shame Turn 10 or MS, whoever decided this was an okay thing. For shame.

The opinion above is that solely of DirtyLarry. A Tier 7 Forza Hub Player.

Space_nut

This game. Damn.

37481384601_6af1042243_o.png

36772268634_2eee6bf0e9_o.png

The engine bay details are incredible.

My goodness

This game is graphically outstanding

Fox Mulder

My first impressions on PC are good. The visual bump is as big as a console generational jump. (OG Xbox -> 3 on 360 (not 2) -> X1)

Between that and the presentation, I think it'll keep my interest more than Forza 6 did. (My daughter stole it from me or I'd be playing now)

It looks great even on the original xb1.

I don't know how long it'll keep my attention though. I've played forza for over 10 years. I'm just mostly over this kind of racing I guess.

Homologation is lame and they also took away the neat leaderboard stuff like saying congrats, you beat so and so's lap time or you're now ranked #1020 in the world.

Hawk269

I fucking love the dynamic weather in this game. Having it go from a heavy rain with thunder and lightning to partly cloudy skies where the sun is shining through and the tarmac is still wet and glistening... glorious.

Yeah the transitions are pretty impressive. What I like more is that most tracks have some changes as far as time of day where it is not 100% static. That is one thing I never liked about previous Forza mainline games is that unless they made a separate time of day for a track, you were stuck with the same exact look 100% of the time. The way they have it now with moving clouds and random changes is great. Which there was more tracks with rain and changing weather other than TOD stuff. Regardless, overall am very impressed with the game.

saladine1

The cockpit sounds are wonderful!

Finally added animations on the shifter/paddles.

Yep. They have definitely taken a step in the right direction in terms of cockpit audio.

Having said that, the lauded driveline flex simulation they have in place certainly needs work. It seems they have applied it on certain cars and not others. Again though, a step in the right direction but Raceroom still stands king in this regard!

Just tried it on PC. Game crashed 4 times in the span of 20 minutes. Yay.

i5-6600k @ 4.2 ghz, GTX 1070, 16GB ddr4 3000mhz, SSD.

Couldn't even get through the first 3 intro races.

So I played this at a friends house on PC tonight. He has identical specs to me ( I built his PC) and just like the demo on my PC, its crashing every 10 mins, sometimes sooner and the game is stuttering all over the place. The peformance is terrible. Yet playing FH3, it runs like a dream! I wont be buying this until its patched, if it ever is.

1080p

16gb ram
960 4gb
game installed to ssd

Not good Turn10.

Soooo on the third intro race where you are in the rain and I got the achievement "Storm Chaser" for "Completed a race in every Weather Scenario"...weird. Trueachievements says only 728 out of 8,644 have unlocked it and Xbox says 17% of people. Glitch but I'll take it I guess lol

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've always been a bit confused about what assist settings to use.

Some cars in real life have assists built into them, right? Like traction control and antilock brakes. Is there a way to know which cars have these systems and which don't?

Should I be turning off ABS, Traction and Stability to best simulate what a car is actually like to drive?

Fox Mulder

I've always been a bit confused about what assist settings to use.

Some cars in real life have assists built into them, right? Like traction control and antilock brakes. Is there a way to know which cars have these systems and which don't?

Should I be turning off ABS, Traction and Stability to best simulate what a car is actually like to drive?

Forza doesn't have a real assists setting like some other games.

I'd run without abs and stability always. Traction control can be off most of the time, but I put it back on for stuff like F1.

There is still an exploit that gives you 7500 xp every ~30 seconds or so, you can't do it AFK and it honestly doesn't really get you THAT much more than if you just played and raced regularly I feel. It still uses the RAM car and the test track so I think just doing that also works, this just shortcuts it so you don't have to complete lap or anything. You have to follow these directions to the step, doing a 30 second timed first then the drift bucket change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3V_OwEjDac

I did it for about 15 mins, got ~100k credits, and got so bored I just couldn't do it anymore. I'm not sure why you'd keep doing it to rack up credits, if you just play you'll get plenty and a few weeks of forza rewards will have you drowning in money too.

Still, I feel in FH3 I was getting a lot more credits just doing stuff that was fun for me whereas here I feel very constrained.

Spasm

There is still an exploit that gives you 7500 xp every ~30 seconds or so, you can't do it AFK and it honestly doesn't really get you THAT much more than if you just played and raced regularly I feel. It still uses the RAM car and the test track so I think just doing that also works, this just shortcuts it so you don't have to complete lap or anything. You have to follow these directions to the step, doing a 30 second timed first then the drift bucket change.

I did it for about 15 mins, got ~100k credits, and got so bored I just couldn't do it anymore. I'm not sure why you'd keep doing it to rack up credits, if you just play you'll get plenty and a few weeks of forza rewards will have you drowning in money too.

Still, I feel in FH3 I was getting a lot more credits just doing stuff that was fun for me whereas here I feel very constrained.
If you want CR, do the same thing with the Nissan GTR Black FE on Suzuka.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Forza doesn't have a real assists setting like some other games.

I'd run without abs and stability always. Traction control can be off most of the time, but put it back on for stuff like F1.

Ok thanks.

How about simulation or normal steering using a controller? Is simulation only really for wheels?

Also, is there a way to purchase a car for a championship race directly from the championship event selection screen? It says there are x number of purchasable cars, but I can't select the event. Do I need to memorize what events are available, then navigate 6 menus away to the purchase screen to buy a car so I can compete?

low-G

I got one crash on PC after playing for about 1.5 hours straight. Finished a race and on the rewards screen but before it actually rung me up, the game crashed. Didn't get rewards for finishing the race, had to do it again.

I bet that has something to do with losing connection to the server, based on how that happened. After I came back (3rd time loading up the game) I got my loyalty rewards (again, seems like server problems).

Fox Mulder

Ok thanks.

How about simulation or normal steering using a controller? Is simulation only really for wheels?

Also, is there a way to purchase a car for a championship race directly from the championship event selection screen? It says there are x number of purchasable cars, but I can't select the event. Do I need to memorize what events are available, then navigate 6 menus away to the purchase screen to buy a car so I can compete?

Sim steering doesn't dampen analog stick input. It will cause crazy snap steering if you're not precise.

I'm able to pick cars after selecting events as well as the pre race menu.

After a day with the game Im comfortable saying this game has the worst menus in any Forza game. It just has no flow, its clunky and unintuitive. And while the loading times are probably similar to previous titles having your drivatar just standing around waiting for the load to finish just makes it seem longer.

To my utter disbelief Project Cars 2 is much simpler and reminds me of the Forza 6 menus.

This just adds to the other odd choices made surrounding the core game.

Why is the test drive option gone?
Why did they get rid of the tradituonal rivals mode?

Once you get to the actual track its a blast, but everything you interact with before getting there is kind of annoying.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Sim steering doesn't dampen analog stick input. It will cause crazy snap steering if you're not precise.

I'm able to pick cars after selecting events as well as the pre race menu.

Yeah, it turns out I was in some weird state in the championship where I had to pick a canned race against a rally driver. There was no indication of why the event I wanted was locked, I thought I had to buy a car for it. Was very confusing once I bought the car the event said I had 1 car I could use but the event was still locked.

TheRed

Omfg tired of this damn bug where if I rewind multiple times in a race the whole track starts disappearing, such a pain with longer races. Way to fucking waste fifteen minutes of my life.

Fox Mulder

Are some of the hoonigan cars busted? The AI can't turn as the cars fly up and immediately roll over out of nowhere like it's a Reliant Robin or something. Did a race with cars upside down all over the track.

Rizific

I've logged a few reports of this happening to the team. It's currently being investigated and we hope to address the problem in a future update.

any other reports of the audio lag/delay when up/down shifting? its really screwing me up in some turns. playing on pc.

Gek54

Really nasty frame juttering on parts of Nordschleife on og xbone alpha, even when it's just one car in the day light.

Anyone having problems with the servers? I keep getting The Forza Motorsport servers could not be reached. Please try again later. Anyone else getting this?

edit: never mind, my game wasn't updated

I assume if I pass on a vehicle offer from levelling up it can be offered again later on? I've been purchasing every vehicle regardless of whether I want it for collection + tier level purposes but I am running low on CR now.

Also, I assume mods etc work in multi as well? Friend and I are hoping to stack +CR mods with a Forza edition +CR car and grind like 50 laps on Saturday night for a big CR pay out. This will work right?

GHG

Gold Member
I assume if I pass on a vehicle offer from levelling up it can be offered again later on? I've been purchasing every vehicle regardless of whether I want it for collection + tier level purposes but I am running low on CR now.

Also, I assume mods etc work in multi as well? Friend and I are hoping to stack +CR mods with a Forza edition +CR car and grind like 50 laps on Saturday night for a big CR pay out. This will work right?

Mods only work in career mode AFAIK.

xrnzaaas

The big patch downloaded for me close to midnight, played it until 2:30. :D I like it so far but the AI can be annoying sometimes. Also it was a big mistake to pick a Vauxhall Corsa as the first free car. It's slow and understeers like crazy, I tried to repeat an event in an Audi RS3 and it's much better. Will repeat other races as well because I love hot hatches. :) Long races are awesome, the last hot hatch one in my shitty Corsa lasted more than 20 minutes and I fucked up at the very end and lost some places. :)

gragy10

Soooo on the third intro race where you are in the rain and I got the achievement "Storm Chaser" for "Completed a race in every Weather Scenario"...weird. Trueachievements says only 728 out of 8,644 have unlocked it and Xbox says 17% of people. Glitch but I'll take it I guess lol

Had the same thing last night - tried a race on Unbeatable (which wiped all Drivatar names & liveries apart from 2 ForzaGaffers for some reason), won, got Super Human & then randomly had Storm Chaser pop (at an extremely dry Laguna Seca)

Sanjay

Is it an exploit if your paying for it? I think the exploit is done to us for doing it. genius move turn 10.

Game runs runs super smooth and no crashes, pretty amazing for a PC port for day one performance.

My Specs
3570k @ 4.6 / 1070 gtx, installed on a SSD, digital version on PC. no crashes nothing.

Running at scale 100%, at 4k with 8AA cranked all to max ultra settings. Pretty unheard of getting this type of performance for a PC port. Well done indeed.

Top Bottom