• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Is that the list of cars that are only available via those methods?

Yes, of those you can still get some through showcases, level up bonuses right now. Some are missing even if you do everything, probably waiting for Forzathons, Specialty vendors and maybe loot crates.

At the moment you cannot complete the car collection even if you 100% the game, there are around 60-80 cars missing I think.

Yeah I believe that you get the first car for free no matter what. Most of us fucked up and chose the hot hatch championship which has cheap cars. For example in the old supercars championship you could choose a McLaren F1 as your first car. And that one normally costs almost a million. :/

I went for the 80's Porsche 959, because I thought it would be fairly pricy and I just love that car!

Daffy Duck

I believe so, it's from this reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/73qsss/workinprogress_list_of_all_exclusive_cars_in_fm7/

It's probably best to think of them as 60-80 unicorns I guess.

Yes, of those you can still get some through showcases, level up bonuses right now. Some are missing even if you do everything, probably waiting for Forzathons, Specialty vendors and maybe loot crates.

At the moment you cannot complete the car collection even if you 100% the game, there are around 60-80 cars missing I think.

I wanted the 22B and Aventador....

I wanted the 22B and Aventador....

Lucky for you the Aventador is available through level up bonuses. The 22B though...

EDIT: I seriously recall the Aventador being 700k and available from the moment you unlock tier 5, but I'm probably just remembering it wrong. Can't find any videos of people with tier 5 unlocked to confirm that unfortunately.

Klocker

Yeh because those who chose the open wheel or a supercar as a freebie car are clearly skipping over all the other hundreds of cars the game has to offer. /s

The way the championships are grouped mean that you're always going to need to have to acquire mixture of cars in your garage as you progress through the game.

Yes that's true. I am guilty of honing in on the top Forza cars over the years.

This is the first career mode I might get even close to completing since 3 or 4 maybe?

Even though I had millions of credits in 5-6 I usually only kept around 60-80 cars in garage.

But that's just me.

I enjoy the locking just as as something different to say project cars 2 which allows me to choose any car at any time in free mode and "unlocks" the classes in career by winning (as u know).

I play that game for a completely different reason and feeling. Forza is fun racing but there's also that edge to the challenge of car collecting and earning enough credits or even the rush of scoring a deal in the auction house. Or grinding a loophole like the Ram thing even. It's silly but it is what it is. It's all part of Forza.

Are the career races 3 lap affairs or have they included the option to extend the races ?

You can extend them now to long or extra long. Extra long is usually 20/30/40/50 laps, depending on the track. Maple Valley is 50, for an example, but longer tracks are usually 20 or 30.

Trup1aya

No I'm saying the tier lock and the loot crate's are not necessarily solely connected as some are trying to portray.

I think the tier levels were put in place and could or should have been put in place even without loot crate's is my point.

I think it was added as another layer of creating a feeling of accomplishment for increasing your gaming credits and XP. loot crate's are just another feature or way to access some of those Rewards. Not the sole way.

Edit,,, Dan I hope I don't have too but if I am wrong I will. :)

It's absolutely solely connected to lootcrates. This is without question.

Let's use an analogy. Imagine you like to drive from point A to point B. The trip takes you 30 minutes on the highway.

Then one day, a there's a toll setup. At the toll booth is a slot machine. Now your options are 1) take an alternate route, or 2) play the slot for a chance at acces to the highway again.

You, klocker, appreciate this toll because you like being forced to take the alternate routes. Sure, it adds an hour to your trip, but you actually enjoy the sights you see on the way, and you have time to spare.

Others, however, really liked their quick drive on the highway, and realize that before the toll was built, they could have taken the alternate routes anytime they pleased. Being forced doesn't improve their drive- it just adds an annoyance and cost them time/money

Is it possible that highway planners simply REALLY wanted drivers to experience these alternate routes and that was the motivation for the changes? Sure. But is that realistic? Not at all.

If that were so, They could have taken any number of steps to make the alternate routes more appealing (building destinations along this route that are as/more attractive than point B, for example). And they could have done so WITHOUT putting a slot machine on the highway. This would increase the number of people who WILLFULLY CHOOSE to go the long way. If it wasn't about the money, and was instead about simply wanting drivers to go a different route, they could have simply shut the highway down and forced everyone to the back roads.

deoee

What's the difference between "normal" and "simulation" steering?

A friend of mine who is coming from PC, AC and earlier Forza sweers that it feels way more natural, precise and realistic on the normal setting.

danowat

Banned

A friend of mine who is coming from PC, AC and earlier Forza sweers that it feels way more natural, precise and realistic on the normal setting.

In theory, you should only use sim steering if you have a wheel, but a lot of pad players like to use it to feel more "sim".

Try it and see how you get on.

membran

I believe so, it's from this reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/73qsss/workinprogress_list_of_all_exclusive_cars_in_fm7/

It's probably best to think of them as 60-80 unicorns I guess.

Can someone confirm that you can drive all those cars listed in Freeplay/Custom Race with the "Rent-a-Car" function? I usually do only custom races anyway, can't stand campaign modes in sports and racing games.

Edit: Scratch that, it says it right there in the reddit thread: "All cars that a player has rights to (game + installed DLC) can be used in Free Play as Rental cars (which do not pay CR or XP for use)".

The lootbox conditioning theme going on in the game is still detestable, but at least for my use case (offline only custom races), I can ignore them.

sp3ctr3

the help box says that further away from simulation the game helps you stay on the racing line.

I play with a controller on Xbox One and I prefer Simulation

Can someone confirm that you can drive all those cars listed in Freeplay/Custom Race with the "Rent-a-Car" function? I usually do only custom races anyway, can't stand campaign modes in sports and racing games.

Edit: Scratch that, it says it right there in the reddit thread: "All cars that a player has rights to (game + installed DLC) can be used in Free Play as Rental cars (which do not pay CR or XP for use)".

Yep, you can use anything as a rental, won't be able to tune it, earn money or XP though.

Normal feels and plays better imo on a wheel.

I've read a lot of negative stuff recently about Forza 7 but to be honest after 5 minutes of playing it's massively better than I expected. Best I've seen (detail is down for sure in places but expected), heard or driven in the series.

GHG

Gold Member

Sim steering removes a lot of the filtering and makes your analogue movements more 1:1. So the quicker you move the stick the quicker the cars wheels will turn in game, rather than it always having some degree of linearity to it like it does with "normal" steering.

So with sim steering you need to be a lot smoother with your inputs but if you get used to it you will reap the rewards as it makes turn in to tight corners and through chicanes a lot quicker. I would suggest trying it out on cars in classes A and below first to practice and see if you like the feel of it. In higher class cars where the back can lose traction and spin out on you quite aggressively I find sim steering makes those cars a bit too much of a handful to control so I will switch back to normal steering for those cars.

I've read a lot of negative stuff recently about Forza 7 but to be honest after 5 minutes of playing it's massively better than I expected. Best I've seen (detail is down for sure in places but expected), heard or driven in the series.

Minus the AI, the on the track experience is the best in the series by a mile. It's everything else surrounding it that's the problem.

danowat

Banned

There isn't much wrong with the core driving experience, apart from a bit too much snappy oversteer and Forza trademark AI (read bad), it hasn't really changed much in a good few years, but it's always been pretty good.

Caayn

Weren't a few cars locked behind Forzathon in FH3 as well? Not that it makes locking cars behind lootcrates/special events/etc any better.

Weren't a few cars locked behind Forzathon in FH3 as well? Not that it makes locking cars behind lootcrates/special events/etc any better.

There was one car that only got unlocked a few weeks ago. Took them almost a year.

Thank god it wasn't an amazing car.

Fess

Just experienced a ton of framedrops on XB1 (not S) when it rained, easily 30fps and possibly even lower, even the sound got affected by it. Very unexpected considering how well Turn10 has optimized the games in the past. Fortunately I'm getting the Xbox One X but this doesn't feel like a good start for the second part of the generation for XB1 owners.

xrnzaaas

I went for the 80's Porsche 959, because I thought it would be fairly pricy and I just love that car!

Almost half a million so yeah that's a good deal. If I was at the very beginning of the career mode I'd consider restarting it (I don't know if it's even possible without deleting saves), but it's too late and I'll have to deal with it. ;)

Also I don't like how the game doesn't tell you how much money you have when you level up so you don't know if you'll go broke if you'll pick an expensive discounted car. It's not an issue on early levels, but I assume it will become one later on.

There isn't much wrong with the core driving experience, apart from a bit too much snappy oversteer and Forza trademark AI (read bad), it hasn't really changed much in a good few years, but it's always been pretty good.

Yeah it feels familiar but new enough. Racing is actually quite exciting. Grittier, louder and angrier. Xbox One's Forza 4.

Almost half a million so yeah that's a good deal. If I was at the very beginning of the career mode I'd consider restarting it (I don't know if it's even possible without deleting saves), but it's too late and I'll have to deal with it. ;)

Also I don't like how the game doesn't tell you how much money you have when you level up so you don't know if you'll go broke if you'll pick an expensive discounted car. It's not an issue on early levels, but I assume it will become one later on.

Yeah, I'm not digging the menues. I find stuff like you mention confusing.

Plus I liked the pre-race "cutscenes" cooler in FM6 with the car being shown with cool angles in the pits with mechanics and umbrella race girls burred in the background. The pre-race stuff now feels less stylish. Otherwise I think it's a typical later gen thing for me: I need a graphical jump, but my Xbox One X should be arriving in less than month so I've got that covered :)

'Simulation' is a bad name. It's intended for wheels. You don't want a linear 1:1 mapping when using a controller. It's unrealistic and you're making driving harder than real life. You couldn't drive a real car with a half-inch plastic nub.

Yeah it feels familiar but new enough. Racing is actually quite exciting. Grittier, louder and angrier. Xbox One's Forza 4.

I did a few laps at Le Mans in an lmp1 in Forza 7 and Pcars2 today.

Whatever the underlying physics what stuck me was how Forza felt like a visceral experience in a dangerous machine, and Pcars2 like moving a camera along a rail.

Without knowing the code or having driven a real lmp1 there one can't say which is the most true to life. But Forza felt like the most convincing and compelling experience.

Presentation and controller feel go a long way.

Sim turns off everything to do with aided steering, back in forza 3 and I think 4 people could still tell that steering had some sort of safety net applied even when you turned off all settings for abs,TCS, stuff like that.

In forza 6 at least simulation steering meant that if you got into a drift it was much harder to regain control because the game is not assisting your steering in any way, it makes driving with the controller harder but not impossible.

However, some twitch streamers are saying sim steering doesn't feel right on wheels and that normal steering is better, not sure if that's truly the case or they just can't handle SIM steering right now.

I did a few laps at Le Mans in an lmp1 in Forza 7 and Pcars2 today.

Whatever the underlying physics what stuck me was how Forza felt like a visceral experience in a dangerous machine, and Pcars2 like moving a camera along a rail.

Without knowing the code or having driven a real lmp1 there one can't say which is the most true to life. But Forza felt like the most convincing and compelling experience.

Presentation and controller feel go a long way.

It really does all come together for the first time in a Forza Motorsport.

membran

Worst part is picking a car then getting a better one next level and not being able to buy because you're broke.

Just to make sure, you can actually back out of the level up rewards by pressing the B button and it'll save the reward (or more precisely: the choice) for later. It's found in one of the menu options, then.

hamchan

Installed the PC version today and it ran like crap but then I turned off windows game mode, installed new nvidia driver and it seems to be running fine.

Also I saw you could skip choosing level up rewards. Now that I know this, don't know why anyone would ever choose to pick up the money. What a bad option.

skyfinch

I was envisioning FM7 version to look something like one of Rallisport 2's stage. So Maple Valley layout but with leaves littering the road anf being kicked up as you drive over them. Trees surrounding the entire track.

https://youtu.be/KucZneV_drs

Not what we ended uo getting. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun as hell to play and some of the lighting conditions with rain look pretty nice, but trees look ugly. Some of the worst in the entire game.

E92 M3

Really torn about the VIP shenanigans. I've been a Forza supporter since the very beginning and fondly remember my days of hustling cars on the auction house (really miss it). Currently, I have the ultimate edition packaged and it's keeping me torn. They essentially tried to scam us on the VIP pass and then "corrected" their error and now it just feels wrong.

It's a damn shame at the end of the day. I understand developers need to make money, but there are better ways to do this.

xrnzaaas

TM - Gamesradar 2017

That's what happens when you let a gambling addict write a review. ;p

Really torn about the VIP shenanigans. I've been a Forza supporter since the very beginning and fondly remember my days of hustling cars on the auction house (really miss it). Currently, I have the ultimate edition packaged and it's keeping me torn. They essentially tried to scam us on the VIP pass and then "corrected" their error and now it just feels wrong.

It's a damn shame at the end of the day. I understand developers need to make money, but there are better ways to do this.

Nothing shameful about refunding this version and getting a standard one. :) The more people do that the more likely it is they'll bring back permanent rewards in Horizon 4 (also remember - no pre-orders ;p).

I was envisioning FM7 version to look something like one of Rallisport 2's stage. So Maple Valley layout but with leaves littering the road anf being kicked up as you drive over them. Trees surrounding the entire track.

https://youtu.be/KucZneV_drs

Not what we ended uo getting. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun as hell to play and some of the lighting conditions with rain look pretty nice, but trees look ugly. Some of the worst in the entire game.

I can get behind this! It's not the actual tree quality that bothers me, it's just that adding them closer to the road, hanging over, giving the course a more unique orange-y colour and add leaves on the ground would make it a much more memorable experience to drive!

I am fine with the standard for now. I will go VIP if they correct the issues with it. Otherwise I am absolutely loving the game. My favourite Forza.

danowat

Banned
I'm more happy now that I "stayed at the Moscow Hilton" last week, I'd be feeling PISSED if I'd paid full price for the Ultimate (sic) edition.

membran

So, are we able to set the time of day now (be it during day or night racing)? How exactly am I supposed to set up, say, early morning lighting in free race? Is it random on each startup of the game? Is it tied to track and track layout? I can't find the option to configure this. There's some awesome weather / time of day combination in the early career races I've tried that I'm just unable to recreate in free race.

I thought weather and lighting system were some of the selling points of this iteration? If they were, the configuration options for those are seriously lacking.

Top Bottom