• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Weird.

I already redeemed my Forza Rewards for the week, but I went in again and got more rewards for some reason. This time it was only 50,000 credits though.

Zel3

After spending the afternoon with this game on PC all I can say is that it is a total mess. List of issues are as follows:

• stuttering menus
  • hitching during gameplay at the apex of a turn
  • excessively long load times (from 1 minute to 8+)
  • menu icons disappering
  • driver customization assets not loading
  • using the select car option while a track is loading renders the game unresponsive (sat for 15 minutes before I had to kill the task)
  • mouse cursor randomly appears on-screen and will stay until I move it
  • load times between race results and xp screen take upwards of 2 minutes

All of this in the ~2 hours of actual playtime I've had since purchase. I've tried dropping my settings down to medium and I've had the resolution set at 1080p the whole time. When I first started playing it was just some menu stuttering, but as time went on performance became worse and worse.

For anyone interested, my specs are as follows:

GTX 1080
i7-4820k @ 3.7
16 GB DDR3
installed to SSD

Game is updated to the latest version too. I've already rebooted my PC and I'm going to try and uninstall and try a clean install later on. Not looking forward to downloading another ~100 GB though.

Setting the game to target 60FPS fixed all the stuttering problems I was encountering. Give it a try before you re install.

HeliosT10

A letter to the Forza community from Alan Hartman, Head of Turn 10 Studios:

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Launch_Update

Thank you for all your feedback to date, please keep it coming. We'll continue to keep you all apprised of all the future updates we plan to make to the game.

Note - The original article if you read it said one of the gift cars was the 2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition, this was an error and it's actually the 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition. The article has since been correct.

Further Edit - We've now sent all VIPs the 2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition as well :)

Thank you for all your feedback to date, please keep it coming. We'll continue to keep you all apprised of all the future updates we plan to make to the game.

Note - The original article if you read it said one of the gift cars was the 2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition, this was an error and it's actually the 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition. The article has since been correct.

Thank you & the Forza team.

Wow!

VIP Membership redeemed! I’m super excited! Thank you!

Trup1aya

It's cool that they fixed VIP. But I won't buy unless they bring back assist bonuses.

It is really cool that they are listening. I fully expected them to keep their heads down, and expect people to take it or leave it.

Noobcraft

It's cool that they fixed VIP. But I won't buy unless they bring back assist bonuses.
That's a pretty strange reason not to buy it lol. The assist bonuses didn't really add much other than being fairly weak motivation to challenge yourself. Driving around with a controller and manual+clutch for a couple more credits? Nah.

It is really cool that they are listening. I fully expected them to keep their heads down, and expect people to take it or leave it.

Actually I kind of like it being tied to difficulty now

Good change to VIP status there, I'm glad that it's returning to its former glory for those who have it or want it.

That's a pretty strange reason not to buy it lol. The assist bonuses didn't really add much other than being fairly weak motivation to challenge yourself. Driving around with a controller and manual+clutch for a couple more credits? Nah.
With assists off, medium to hard AI and manual gears which I always use in SIM games I would get 50% to 75% bonus depending on which forza game I'm playing and it all adds up after a few dozen races.

Awesome, good stuff Helios!

While I wish bonus CR for turning off assists was in this statement, the 2X CR makes VIP and 3 Forza Edition cars helps make up for it. Thanks.

The assist bonus of changing steering and braking to abs only and normal, and driving line from full to braking only, is in making the game not boring as fuck to play.

Fox Mulder

They fucked up with the VIP and people buying their higher price editions. They had to make that right after changing the product language.

Will be interesting to see how they react to the other stuff though.

Good change to VIP status there, I'm glad that it's returning to its former glory for those who have it or want it.

With assists off, medium to hard AI and manual gears which I always use in SIM games I would get 50% to 75% bonus depending on which forza game I'm playing and it all adds up after a few dozen races.

Highly skilled is a 60% bonus

Pro is 80%

You should be fine the way it is.

I liked that they mentioned this:

That said, we are aware of stability and performance issues that some PC players are facing. The team is working around the clock to report, investigate, and resolve these issues as quickly as possible. In fact, our first update for the game went live yesterday, addressing several PC stability and performance issues. The quality of the PC experience will continue to be a top priority.

Even though it could be just PR being PR, at least they are acknowledging it, so we can question them later if it turns out to be nothing. Hope not, I want to play this game without flaws, underneath everything there is still a good game that's getting bogged down by issues.

zorbsie

Right on! The VIP fix is fantastic news. It's the right thing to do. The credits and extras cars are just gravy. Thanks for the update Helios.

Spasm

Kudos to T10. I was hoping they would do the right thing about VIP, though the cynic in me doubted it would happen. I'm glad my cynicism lost and I didn't refund the UE in favor of the regular.

Edit: DLing the free FE cars bumped me to car collection level 5. :D

Grassy

Props to you guys for taking the criticism on board and dealing with it so quickly.

Hawk269

Props to T10 for the response on the VIP stuff.

What response? Can you link me to that? Thank You

Edit...Just saw what they said. Good on them for doing what they are doing. This makes it more aligned to what we got with other VIP editions. Thanks T10.

Now keep working on the Xbox One X version and if you have power left over, beef up some of the trees!!! lol

rrs

crossposting from the jim sterling one:
Has anyone else done the numbers on credit gain on F7 vs F6? One of the YTers I subscribe to seems to put the credit gain with no assist + toughest AI as higher on F7 vs F6 w/VIP. And with VIP being unsuck'd, I'd say the loot box assault isn't at the cost of base game as on first sight, or that Turn10 hears the pitchfork types quite well.
oh and I'd say I'd take back not touching Forza again, short of trying to do this again next year

Man I just had such a great and beautiful race at Silverstone.

The race started with a cloudy sunset, sun was peeking through the clouds whenever it got a chance. After a few laps the sun was covered completely by the clouds and it started with light rain. Few more laps later and the rain hits harder but not for long. Ater a while rain slows down, still raining but not as much, sun is peeking though the clouds again, it's over. But is it really? Few more laps in and I hear thunder, it got really dark and the rain is going nuts, 10 more laps to go (I was 4th at that point) I still have a chance, I can win it! Two more laps to go, the rain is not stopping, final corner before the start line, there is a crash but I'm not stopping, I made it between the cars, only second place now. Final lap, I'm going head to head with AI now, AI brakes too late, goes of the track next to the pit entrance, the victory is mine.

That was my best Forza experience ever!!! that car led me to victory ;)

8a3df36a-6570-49c0-8ab0-8801676a7d8f

This virtually settles the issues I have with the game. Now just a few more patches to fix things (like missing gear animations and flickering shadows) and maybe some more stabilty fixes (maybe the game starts all the time after their first patch - we'll see). So hopefully it'll be all nice and shiny very soon! The game is good, just a little bit more and it'll be great.

Well done guys!!! Good call and much needed change.

Props to you guys for taking the criticism on board and dealing with it so quickly.

Quick?

Lmao nah, UE came out on Friday. This is just in response from the number of refunds and vitriol the game has been getting over the last 5 days. Games media only escalated the issue yesterday... but they were perfectly fine screwing the fans over the weekend by initially changing the language before turning it all back an hour ago.

It's too late imo, the refunds can't be cancelled and the people soured by it aren't gonna be willing to jump in again. This is pretty much for all those people who stuck around and were okay with the bullshit state the game was in initially.

That is an absolutely fantastic change from T10 and makes me happy, just this little change
Secondly, and even more significantly, we will be changing VIP rewards in Forza Motorsport 7. This new system will work like it did in Forza Motorsport 6, offering a 2X base credit bonus after every race. We’ve already started work on this feature and we will release it as soon as possible. Look for more information on this update as we near the release date.

Awesome

Grassy

Quick?

Lmao nah, UE came out on Friday. This is just in response from the number of refunds and vitriol the game has been getting over the last 5 days. Games media only escalated the issue yesterday... but they were perfectly fine screwing the fans over the weekend by initially changing the language before turning it all back an hour ago.

It's too late imo, the refunds can't be cancelled and the people soured by it aren't gonna be willing to jump in again. This is pretty much for all those people who stuck around and were okay with the bullshit state the game was in initially.

Way to be a fucking drama queen about it...

Based on the credit payout, you essentially have the assist bonus already. Without assists. As a bonus, you can change assists on the fly mid race, which you couldn't do before because it was tied to bonuses. I think this is a very good thing. You get the bonus and have more freedom to set assists. Do you really think this is a bad thing?

Trup1aya

They fucked up with the VIP and people buying their higher price editions. They had to make that right after changing the product language.

Will be interesting to see how they react to the other stuff though.

This stuff isn't exactly unprecedented. Forza 5 launched with a economy fucked by MTs, and they fixed it after complaints. It's kinda baffling that they tried the exact same thing 4 years later.

Based on the credit payout, you essentially have the assist bonus already. Without assists. As a bonus, you can change assists on the fly mid race, which you couldn't do before because it was tied to bonuses. I think this is a very good thing. You get the bonus and have more freedom to set assists. Do you really think this is a bad thing?

For me it's, not just about having extra credits. There was a sense of satisfaction that came with earning credits as a direct result of displaying skill.

Changing the assist on the fly is a neat feature. But I'm the type of guy who would rather do a race over entirely rather than change assists mid race.

Yeah I like that change plus you get bonuses for drivatar difficulty. So if you go with pro plus reworked vip you get +180% CR add some mods to it and you pretty much get 280%CR each race and with races set to long that's a lot of Credits per race. Not to mention +20K CR for level you hit each race and you can grab another 50K CR if you don't want a car or racing suit.

This stuff isn't exactly unprecedented. Forza 5 launched with a economy fucked by MTs, and they fixed it after complaints. It's kinda baffling that they tried the exact same thing 4 years later.

Firstly, in my opinion Forza 5 economy was far from messed up via microtransactions. Secondly, there are currently no microtransactions in forza 7. So not exactly the same... Not the same at all.

Drama queen?

Lmao so just because they're trying to right their wrongs, I'm not allowed to criticize it?
Yeah, they fucked up, but you gotta admit they were quick to issue a statement with some movement right away, along with looking into and then promising to revert VIP to persistent x2 CR. Companies don't turn on a dime, and they only had a weekend and then the release day to consider things which seems like light speed to me anyway.

If they make VIP like it used to be ill buy it.
They said that change is coming soon.

Trup1aya

Firstly, in my opinion Forza 5 economy was far from messed up via microtransactions. Secondly, there are currently no microtransactions in forza 7. So not exactly the same... Not the same at all.

The economy is obviously designed to push players towards the MTs that will eventually be turned on. The fact the switch hasn't been flipped yet doesn't change the psychology at play. The grind is there, the content gates are there, the voiceovers are there...

The goals are exactly the same- as has been the consumer response.

You must mean *after* they retooled the economy and the way car DLC functioned in Forza 5 and onwards. Because before then they were selling individual cars for over $100 in tokens, and then selling credits to use to unlock the car in-game after you bought it already.

They listened then, and its good to know they've still got their ears to the ground.

The economy is obviously designed to push players towards the MTs that will eventually be turned on. The fact the switch hasn't been flipped yet doesn't change the psychology at play. The grind is there, the content gates are there, the voiceovers are there...

The goals are exactly the same- as has been the consumer response.

Yup, that's my biggest problem with this even after trying to fix some issues.

Yeah, they fucked up, but you gotta admit they were quick to issue a statement with some movement right away, along with looking into and then promising to revert VIP to persistent x2 CR. Companies don't turn on a dime, and they only had a weekend and then the release day to consider things which seems like light speed to me anyway.

My issue is the intent but that's a whole another topic that's not fit for this thread.

I will say though that I find it baffling that the best thing they did was fix the language over the weekend, then spent another couple of days being okay with it before shit really hit the fan.

But whatever, it's definitely good to see they're willing to fix some of the complaints. I only hope they fix the rest of the complaints because it's truly a fantastic game behind the bullshit. I had a lot of fun when I forced myself to play it, but I just couldn't in good faith play it the way it was over the last 5 days so I decided to return it. If the MT's and all other BS are fixed though, I'll be back on the day they announce it... but until then, I'm gonna keep playing FM6 and FH3 I guess.

GHG

Gold Member

Helios, thank you for passing on feedback. Please keep on doing so regarding the loot boxes, many of us do not want to see a franchise like Forza tarnished like this and want to be able to buy future games with confidence.

Having things like the mods and gear (I personally don't care about the gear but know some people who do) purchasable with in game credits outside of the lootboxes would go some way to alleviating these problems. Some of us hate the idea of having to gamble credits away to get what we want in the game. I want my no assists bonuses back without having to shuffle my way through a lootbox system in order to hope to get them.

I also have a question: if I buy VIP membership now do I also get access to all of the stuff mentioned in the article posted?

Top Bottom