• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

So I managed downloading the 1 mil credits. But the cars say downlaod and when i hit A, nothing happens. Stll gives me the option to download. Am I missing something> thanks

No you are not missing anything, this is how it should work. It worked for me no problem. maybe try to restart the game.

hamchan

A letter to the Forza community from Alan Hartman, Head of Turn 10 Studios:

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Launch_Update

Thank you for all your feedback to date, please keep it coming. We'll continue to keep you all apprised of all the future updates we plan to make to the game.

Note - The original article if you read it said one of the gift cars was the 2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition, this was an error and it's actually the 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition. The article has since been correct.

Very nice to see VIP reverted back to what it was, with extra bonuses too.

This is why the backlash and community outrage is important, because sometimes it works and the developers listen.

xrnzaaas

Since it was never answered, there are no car clubs in Forza 7. Just one of the big list of things imo missing from the game, not sure why it got rushed out - Xbox One X release date I guess, since this will be the only xbox exclusive game this holiday.

Thanks for the answer, I wasn't 100% sure because of the unintuitive menus. One of the reasons may be that you were getting credits for advancing (weekly?) in the club's standings. ;)

I was groaning after seeing the off-road vehicles added from Horizon, but the trophy trucks are awesome.

The good news is that they're super cheap, I remember Mini Countryman costing almost a million in Horizon 3, here it costs 50 thousand. :)

Thank you for all your feedback to date, please keep it coming. We'll continue to keep you all apprised of all the future updates we plan to make to the game.

Note - The original article if you read it said one of the gift cars was the 2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition, this was an error and it's actually the 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition. The article has since been correct.

Huge surprise, I was expecting the studio to stick with the 'but you can more monies from long races' strategy.

Now how about bringing back rewards for disabling assists? ;)

Any controller settings tips for getting the brake trigger to be more 1:1 with the trigger travel?

I haven't tried it, but you should be able to configure the controller from the dashboard. This issue affects all games that require precise use of the triggers, not only Forza.

T Ghost

Tried this. No luck. Under JAguar I only have the Fast and Furious Edition 2015 Jaguar. Others not showing up as well. Restarted console also.

Are you looking for them at the car store section? you still need to buy them (they are free).

Edit: Just saw you did.

Rizific

I haven't tried it, but you should be able to configure the controller from the dashboard. This issue affects all games that require precise use of the triggers, not only Forza.
will check it out on my xbox, but what about pc? im spending a majority of my time of pc. also, does the damn ai in this game just have no clue about your position on the track in this game? christ.

Now how about bringing back rewards for disabling assists? ;)

This. So this! I used to turn off a lot of assists, especially ABS brakes feels strange with them on now. But it just allows me to brake later and harder without any less money earnt. I miss those rewards!

MouldyK

This. So this! I used to turn off a lot of assists, especially ABS brakes feels strange with them on now. But it just allows me to brake later and harder without any less money earnt. I miss those rewards!

They can’t unless they stop letting us change Mid-Race.

Though I suppose you can easily just give people the lesser bonus if they turn it down Mid-Race.

And if you turn it up? Your bonus don’t increase because if it did, that could be exploited.

xrnzaaas

They can’t unless they stop letting us change Mid-Race.

Though I suppose you can easily just give people the lesser bonus if they turn it down Mid-Race.

And if you turn it up? Your bonus don’t increase because if it did, that could be exploited.

Simple, just don't give players any bonus if they tinker with something mid-race. It would be the same like with achievements for finishing a game on a certain difficulty level.

I'm glad assists aren't tied to earnings now. For two reasons.

1, Many modern cars couldn't exist in the way they do without assists. To see assists as a cheat mode for them is wrong.

2, Why penalise young and disabled players who may need assists.

sp3ctr3

Does online racing open up with high rank og further completion of the single player campaign?

Right now I have 5 or 6 homologated classes I can participate in. Can I search for private lobbies?

xrnzaaas

I'm glad assists aren't tied to earnings now. For two reasons.

1, Many modern cars couldn't exist in the way they do without assists. To see assists as a cheat mode for them is wrong.

2, Why penalise young and disabled players who may need assists.

Can't argue with number 1 but Forza ain't exactly a realistic game with its mods, automatic tires switches and no penalties for cutting corners.

As for 2 - why penalise good players who may want a bigger paycheck for their hard earned wins. ;p

deoee

Speaking of assists:

It would be nice to have a "like the real car" setting so some cars would have ABS on, others off etc.

Would really add to the intended feel of the cars.

xrnzaaas

Speaking of assists:

It would be nice to have a "like the real car" setting so some cars would have ABS on, others off etc.

Project CARS 2 has an authentic setting which automatically turns on/off all onboard systems if the car has them. Forza should have the same feature. :)

Nick_C

Setting the game to target 60FPS fixed all the stuttering problems I was encountering. Give it a try before you re install.

The only thing that seems to be helping is dropping my settings to very low @ 1080p. Thanks for the recommendation though.

Sent an email regarding my PC performance. While changing the VIP back to what it was traditionally is good, I can't really be to excited for it if I spend most of my time restarting the game due to performance issues.

I'm happy that everyone is starting to get along again, but I'm pretty bummed with the state of the PC release.

Make sure you don't have "Game Mode" switched on either for this game in Windows.

Turning it off made my in-race performance really shoot up. Menus and loading screens still a bit laggy though, but the races are great.

Nick_C

Make sure you don't have "Game Mode" switched on either for this game in Windows.

Turning it off made my in-race performance really shoot up. Menus and loading screens still a bit laggy though, but the races are great.

That was the first thing that I adjusted as I saw that recommended in this thread. I honestly have no idea what else to do.

danowat

Banned
Fair play to T10 for changing the VIP system.

But, that said, WTF were you thinking about doing it in the first place?, it would have been bad enough with the VIP rewards alone, but to have a misleading marketplace description is just terrible!!!

Why are PS4 owners (who don't have an Xbox) so terrified and angered by the existence of Forza.

There's at least two graphics threads cherry picking and doing there best to engage in fanboy rage against Forza. Picming the worst shots, models, times of day.

Earlier I saw one thread comparing a sunlit GTS vid against an overcast Forza vid. Yet the same people at another point started salivating at a "so subtle" overcast GTS vid. How old are these people, 12?

Are they that insecure about GT Sport?

danowat

Banned
Why are PS4 owners (who don't have an Xbox) so terrified and angered by the existence of Forza.

There's at least two graphics threads cherry picking and doing there best to engage in fanboy rage against Forza. Picming the worst shots, models, times of day.

Earlier I saw one thread comparing a sunlit GTS vid against an overcast Forza vid. Yet the same people at another point started salivating at a "so subtle" overcast GTS vid. How old are these people, 12?

It's a never ending circle, DC players crowing about this and that, Forza players crowing about this and that, GT players crowing about this and that.

It's pretty pathetic really, but you see it alot in other forms of tribalism, Forza vs GT has nothing on Apple vs Android.

Caayn

It's good that they(MS and Turn10) came around and are going to revert VIP back to a permanent value. However that doesn't change the lootboxes.

But, that said, WTF were you thinking about doing it in the first place?, it would have been bad enough with the VIP rewards alone, but to have a misleading marketplace description is just terrible!!!
Wasn't the original VIP description just a lazy copy-paste from a previous VIP pass?

People need to defend the honor of their multi-billion dollar enterprise friends. It's why I refuse to partake in those discussions, I do read them from time to time when I need a good laugh.

Nick_C

It's not dissimilar to what Gears 4 Ultimate launched with last year. Give the player pre-made loot crates to introduce them to the new system, start to build that habit. I don't necessarily think that the original description was maliciously deceptive in that it stated that it came with "VIPmods", implying that they would be consumable with the plural. The only difference now is that they describe them as having five uses each, as of right now. It still doesn't explicitly state how many mods are included though. It makes it seem like whomever was in charge of the store listing worded it the way that they out of ignorance, as opposed to being deceitful.

This in no way excuses the whole debacle, I'm just not envisioning a moustache-twirling villain being put in charge of this thing. Maybe I'm just being too naive though.

EDIT: Above bolded is false. I've reread the store listing and it does explicitly sate that the pass includes five Cr mods with five uses.

It's good that they(MS and Turn10) came around and are going to revert VIP back to a permanent value. However that doesn't change the lootboxes.
Wasn't the original VIP description a lazy copy-paste from a previous VIP pass?

Original VIP Listing said:
Exclusive cars Mods Driver Gear and more await with Forza Motorsport 7 VIP membership! Forza Motorsport 7 VIP members receive exclusive VIP cars. VIPs will receive additional benefits including 100% CR bonus Mods, VIP Driver Gear and more. Get your VIP membership today!

Updated VIP Listing said:
Forza Motorsport 7 VIP membership features exclusive rewards you can't get anywhere else! Forza Motorsport VIPs receive exclusive VIP cars, VIP Driver Gear Suits, as well as five 100% CR bonus Mod cards (five uses each per card), and more. Get your VIP membership today!

It's a never ending circle, DC players crowing about this and that, Forza players crowing about this and that, GT players crowing about this and that.

It's pretty pathetic really, but you see it alot in other forms of tribalism, Forza vs GT has nothing on Apple vs Android.

It's so fecking pathetic though. Instead of having a community of racing game fans this has a bunch of children trying to find the worst screenshots of games on different platforms.

Lego Boss

Speaking of assists:

Yes. I think PCars did a 'true assists' setting. It would be great to have this, so you are racing the car as it was designed in the first instance.

danowat

Banned
This in no way excuses the whole debacle, I'm just not envisioning a moustache-twirling villain being put in charge of this thing. Maybe I'm just being too naive though.

Could be either a genuine mistake, could be deliberate, we'll never know the truth.

It's so fecking pathetic though. Instead of having a community of racing game fans this has a bunch of children trying to find the worst screenshots of games on different platforms.
Thats why us older guys appreciate both of the worlds me thinks. Growing up with C128 commodorre one appreciates content and gameplay over graphics :)

It's much more pathetic than comparing cellphone functionality, because its utterly meaningless in every possible way. The people in those threads need to take a look in the mirror and think about what they're doing with their lives.

Nick_C

It's nothing more than petulant fanaticism and confirmation bias.

Does Driveclub have some of the best weather effects in the genre? Yes

Was it busted for months after launch? Uh-huh.

Does Forza continue to push the genre forward and offer two different experience that cater to multiple subsets of racing fans? Yup.

Has the launch of 7 been a shitshow? Very much so.

I could go on and on, but I feel that everyone gets my point. Each franchise has there own respective positives and negatives. Anyone that doesn't see that is, quite frankly, a short-sighted moron.

EDIT: While I'm posting this the thread devolves into console wars shenanigans. You're all incorrigible.

danowat

Banned
Everything is pros and cons, nothing is perfect.

I've never understood pinning your colours to a particular mast just because, I've always had multiple platforms, and always will, I have no allegiance to any platform or developer.

xrnzaaas

How about Amiga v Atari ST? :p

Amiga all the way, I owned a 500, a 1200 and a CD32. ;p

Yes. I think PCars did a 'true assists' setting. It would be great to have this, so you are racing the car as it was designed in the first instance.

Yes it's a great feature. The only thing that could use improving in pCARS is listing which assists are available and which are not. In the current state you have to guess or google to find out.

LoveCake

At least T10 have said that they are going to do something about the VIP issues, ' quoting for reference https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Launch_Update '

VIP and Ultimate
Over the weekend we heard loud and clear from Ultimate Edition owners expressing frustration over the VIP membership offer in Forza Motorsport 7. We immediately updated the VIP description in the Windows Store to alleviate any future confusion. As head of the studio, I apologize for any confusion or frustration our players may have experienced.

Going forward, we will continue to ensure that Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs receive the most value for their VIP membership, including new experiences and great content. Starting today we're sending all Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs four additional Forza Edition cars:

2016 Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7 Forza Edition
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Forza Edition
2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition
2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition

Forza 7 VIPs will be able to download all these cars from the in-game message center and add them to their car collection. Players will not only enjoy an immediate bump to their Car Collection score after adding these Tier 5 Legendary cars to their garages, they'll also be able to take advantage of the inherent perks that each of these Forza Edition cars offer. In addition to the cars, we're also sending all Forza 7 VIPs 1 million credits.

Secondly, and even more significantly, we will be changing VIP rewards in Forza Motorsport 7. This new system will work like it did in Forza Motorsport 6, offering a 2X base credit bonus after every race. We've already started work on this feature and we will release it as soon as possible. Look for more information on this update as we near the release date.

The extra cars and CR-1m are what we usually got on UE of the games anyway.

I would think that the 2X credit bonus will just be a mod card maybe, I would be fine with this.

Now they need to look into the AI before anything else.

Yuck yeah the Polaris championship is certainly not the highlight of Forza 7.

I agree, they should have been on a special small twisty track or something maybe.

What's up with headlights in this game? Can I manually turn them on? I just had a day race that went through a long tunnel and I couldn't see a thing in there.

In Forza 6 there was a car a Nissan (I think it was) it was a old-school GT1 type racing car and it had the headlights covered by stickers or cowling and I did a night race in it and it certainly made the race interesting, the other AI drivers in the race with the same car also had no headlights, it seemed that they just never had them installed, I understand how people would complain about a car with covered headlights actually had light coming from where they should be though, maybe there could be two versions of these cars?

Quick?

Lmao nah, UE came out on Friday. This is just in response from the number of refunds and vitriol the game has been getting over the last 5 days. Games media only escalated the issue yesterday... but they were perfectly fine screwing the fans over the weekend by initially changing the language before turning it all back an hour ago.

It's too late imo, the refunds can't be cancelled and the people soured by it aren't gonna be willing to jump in again. This is pretty much for all those people who stuck around and were okay with the bullshit state the game was in initially.

I do think they have been shocked at the reaction, but many of us are not that surprised by the reaction it seems and a lot of media have picked up on this story, I agree it has nearly been a week since release and credit where credit is due they have done something and said they will continue to do so.,

It is too late for the people who have cancelled and refunded the game and I think many going forward to the next Forza game are going to have reservations on getting the Deluxe or Ultimate editions.

GHG

Gold Member

I've never understood pinning your colours to a particular mast just because, I've always had multiple platforms, and always will, I have no allegiance to any platform or developer.

Yep, and it's the same with the games. If the GT Sport Demo is good and they nail the Online aspect (i.e. Clean racing is actually possible in that game) then I will buy that as well.

I've been enjoying PCars 2 (when it works) and FM7 (while it's not trying to ram a lootbox down my throat) so as long as each game offers up something different and the developers heads are in the right places (as in the priority is to improve your game and offering quality content, not prioritising coming up with new manipulative methods to extract more money out of your customers) then racing fans everywhere will be happy.

The crazy shit I read about trees and stuff in other threads. Like who gives a shit?

Nick_C

Exactly. Nothing will ever be perfect for everyone, but the choices offered will give everyone a better chance of getting what they want. With that comes the added benefit of competition constantly pushing for a better product.

A question for Helios; Do you think the Forza franchise would be where it is today without the likes of GT, PCars, et al pushing racing games in so many directions?

Thanks for posting the original and updated description :)

No problem.

The emptiest milk churns make the loudest noise.

The problem for PS4 (and I own a PS4 Pro) is that it still doesn't have a decent 60fps locked multi-discipline racer.

Pcars2 isn't always 60fps, nor is it without bugs. There's a lot riding on GTS for the fanboys.

Anyway, I'm derailing this thread. My apologies.

Don't talk to me you scummy Commodore owner. Spectrum rulez! ;p
:), and I even had disk unit, no cassette modul :p

@HeliosT10, don't bring guns into fist fight :p

A bit offtopic: I remember when I got my C128, I was the 2nd grade. Our relatives, who worked in Germany, sold us their used C128 with disk unit, back in late 80's (I am from Croatia). First thing I was searching, was formula game that I had seen on Arcade machine with the wheel. Used to play SOCCER game with my father a lot, what a fun times we had. Joysticks were repaired on a daily base, soldering them, as you could buy joystick back then in Croatia.

On topic: I am loving F7 so much that I am playing it on long races, with no assists (not due to higher CR payouts). I told my self I'll take it slowly and enjoy it (as i have max 4 hours a week to play). I am glad that VIP got sorted.

Top Bottom