• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Are PC users with pretty decent rigs (e.g., 1070 and up) using Dynamic Rendering or are you manually setting all of the options? I tried both and I'm still not entirely sure if I can tell a difference between setting Dynamic at Ultra and setting all of the individual settings at ultra.

I'm using a GTX 1080 and an i7-6700k overclocked to 4.4.

Are PC users with pretty decent rigs (e.g., 1070 and up) using Dynamic Rendering or are you manually setting all of the options? I tried both and I'm still not entirely sure if I can tell a difference between setting Dynamic at Ultra and setting all of the individual settings at ultra.

I'm using a GTX 1080 and an i7-6700k overclocked to 4.4.

All manually set, but the Particle Resolution is glitched at the moment - using anything non-dynamic for that setting results in 2D particles that clip through the ground instead of having soft edges.

xrnzaaas

Giving a car a built in bonus was never a smart idea even if I like the fact people are abusing this.

I meant patching the race rules. Participating in an event without other cars and without crossing the finish line is not exactly a race, more like a free practice session. ;)

FE cars also have %bonuses on them. The GTR for example is 50% credit bonus and 10000CR when you race on Suzuka.

damn that sounds sweet, I like racing suzuka so i'd have a grand time with that car.

I meant patching the race rules. Participating in an event without other cars and without crossing the finish line is not exactly a race, more like a free practice session. ;)

That would help fix things yeah, forza 8 no small tracks calling it now :p

All manually set, but the Particle Resolution is glitched at the moment - using anything non-dynamic for that setting results in 2D particles that clip through the ground instead of having soft edges.

Interesting. I'll check out manually setting everything but the particle resolution. Thanks for the input.

xrnzaaas

That would help fix things yeah, forza 8 no small tracks calling it now :p

If that means getting rid of the godawful Top Gear track I'll support it. ;) But seriously, there should be a requirement that you need to be racing against at least one other car and complete at least one lap.

Fox Mulder

If that means getting rid of the godawful Top Gear track I'll support it. ;) But seriously, there should be a requirement that you need to be racing against at least one other car and complete at least one lap.

Top gear track is an odd left over from when they bothered to use the license for narration. Such a shit track for racing, which it was never designed for. Car bowling sucks.

Caayn

Just noticed this bug where the wheels of a car create shadows on the opposite side of a barrier.

fm7caayn1faub4.png

Just noticed this bug where the wheels of a car create shadows on the opposite side of a barrier.

Did you know that that bug is actually the reason Maple Valley added the tunnel after FM3? Cars passing under the bridge used to cast shadows on top of it, so they put a roof over it to hide the shadows with more shadow.

Really liking the game, played for a couple of hours yesterday. I even quite like the new progression system as I've always found it far too easy (and boring) to rack up credits in previous games. Looking forward to playing later.

One thing I did notice was I was awarded loyalty rewards and they are no-where to be found in game. It's like they haven't saved or something. I've pm'd Helios to see if he can point me in the right direction.

Caayn

Did you know that that bug is actually the reason Maple Valley added the tunnel after FM3? Cars passing under the bridge used to cast shadows on top of it, so they put a roof over it to hide the shadows with more shadow.
Noticed it in previous Forzas as well, but thought that maybe it'd be fixed with the changes to the lighting in Forza 7.

Didn't know about the bridge/tunnel on Maple Valley.

Really liking the game, played for a couple of hours yesterday. I even quite like the new progression system as I've always found it far too easy (and boring) to rack up credits in previous games. Looking forward to playing later.

One thing I did notice was I was awarded loyalty rewards and they are no-where to be found in game. It's like they haven't saved or something. I've pm'd Helios to see if he can point me in the right direction.

Some of them appear after you've done some career stuff. Did for me anyway.

By the way where are the clubs? Can I join Forza GAF? Either I'm blind or it's missing.

Since it was never answered, there are no car clubs in Forza 7. Just one of the big list of things imo missing from the game, not sure why it got rushed out - Xbox One X release date I guess, since this will be the only xbox exclusive game this holiday.

Noticed it in previous Forzas as well, but thought that maybe it'd be fixed with the changes to the lighting in Forza 7.

Didn't know about the bridge/tunnel on Maple Valley.

You can tell it's still the same engine as FM6 in some ways, for example how sometimes the dynamic headlight shadows just fail and the general way the road surface reacts to headlight at night. The "feel" is definitely of the FM6 Forzatech engine as opposed to FH3. Still not stopping me from playing the shit out of it though.

Gestault

If anyone has tx wheel what are your ffb settingson x1!?

Normal steering, centre spring 0, ffb down to 65.

Lowered some other things, can't remember which. Start with that and have a play.

Just a heads up, there was a patch (last night?) that corrected the some default FFB wheel settings, which had basically all been scaled to max, which was too much in general, and "drowned out" the overall detail.

The Stig

Ok, I don't think it's a placebo.... the menus are much smoother now.

Yea, I can confirm they are definitely improved. Before, when I used to go to free play and the video screen was in the background of the car, the menu was a bit laggy there.. now it's perfectly smooth.

Good shit!

awesome. performance in game has been great but the menu stuttering was so random. hope its better scrolling through cars too. cant wait to get home to play it

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
As far as I know yes, you can get cars from above your tier.

Yeah, the prize cars from Showcases and the Specialty Dealer have cars that you can get below your tier.

The first car you get, the freebe, can also be above level 1 tier, but you do not get the points towards other tiers. (I picked the F50 and got nothing from it)

Gestault

Forza subreddit is removing posts about bugs.

Just removing, don't even care if you are right, shut it down now.

So real-talk: are they redundant posts on known issues? I hate censor-moderation, but I also don't like the other side of that where people are just flooding the board because they're frustrated.

So real-talk: are they redundant posts on known issues? I hate censor-moderation, but I also don't like the other side of that where people are just flooding the board because they're frustrated.

Automatic, if the bot flags your post it's gone.

"The devs are ignoring complaints directly from customers, do you think they will listen to us?" was the answer, basically.

kafiend

Damage off > Daniil Kvyat mode at the first corner of the next race > Profit

If you jump in the Dodge RAM Forza Edition, set up Free Play to be 30 second races at the Airfield with 0 AI you receive 20,000 XP each time due to the bonuses from the Forza Edition car. It's lazy and cheap, but I really wanted that F1 car.

Edit: wait, it's 7,500? I'm dumb

Do what you do once to go through the 30 second race/receive rewards. Then switch the race type to drift, opponents to 0. In the advanced race options menu put the buckets to 1 and end race scenario to all players in the bucket. Go race, no more 30 second waits, the race starts then ends immediately.

MANGOD

Banned
First off I'll say I did started playing this in 4k on a Sony oled and it looks the absolute tits. Went to my rog34 and was just disappointed. Pretty much everything is 16.9 until you start a race. And then you do start a race and all the hud is still at 16.9 on the 21.9 image.

xrnzaaas

Forza subreddit is removing posts about bugs.

Just removing, don't even care if you are right, shut it down now.

qVbUArb.gif

Shitty practice. Sure let's delete stuff or make one general thread so it doesn't look like a shitshow for those who didn't buy the game yet.

Gestault

First off I'll say I did started playing this in 4k on a Sony oled and it looks the absolute tits. Went to my rog34 and was just disappointed. Pretty much everything is 16.9 until you start a race. And then you do start a race and all the hud is still at 16.9 on the 21.9 image.

I've seen several games that keep the HUD in the "main" viewing zone, so different parts of the info aren't out-of-view.

Solved my PC performance/very slow race loading problem.

Was "Game Mode" in Windows.

When I disabled that for the game my races loaded so much quicker and ran better. Loading screens still hitch a bit, but in race it's great.

Just been playing 4K HDR - which is quite something.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Well, he's not wrong. I found so many bugs it's not even funny. Plus performance deteriorating after long sessions here, and the stuttering, CPU hogging, the list goes on and on.

Load times are still garbage (even though I'm using a SSD) and the stuttering is still there.
Horizon 3 is miles better performance wise than FM7 right now, it's not even close. The only reason I pre-ordered this game was because I thought they would transfer the knowledge to Turn10 so the launch would be as smooth as FH3 post Hot Wheels patch.

Guess I was very wrong.

*********HEY GUYS LISTEN UP!!!!! *************

Before you go blaming Turn 10 for the stutters, check out these two articles:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/micro...ing-issues-due-to-windows-10-creators-update/

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/11/windows_10_stuttering_bugs/

Microsoft straight up ADMITS all the stuttering problems people are experiencing in various games is due to the Creators Update, and according to the second link, they plan on addressing it!! I really really really REALLY hope it's fixed by the time I upgrade to Windows 10 and buy this game in couple weeks! Sucks that you're basically REQUIRED to have the CU to play this game at all!

*********HEY GUYS LISTEN UP!!!!! *************

Before you go blaming Turn 10 for the stutters, check out these two articles:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/micro...ing-issues-due-to-windows-10-creators-update/

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/11/windows_10_stuttering_bugs/

Microsoft straight up ADMITS all the stuttering problems people are experiencing in various games is due to the Creators Update, and according to the second link, they plan on addressing it!! I really really really REALLY hope it's fixed by the time I upgrade to Windows 10 and buy this game in couple weeks! Sucks that you're basically REQUIRED to have the CU to play this game at all!

Are they even trying anymore, I mean ffs.

Thanks for the information btw, I guess I'll just play something else and wait.

EDIT: Strange, I just booted up FH3 and the game is fine...?

Top Bottom