• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Gestault

I'm really enjoying Forza 7, but I'm getting a tad sick of the game crashing after certain showcase events. Its happens every time I finish the event and go through the post race screens. Its annoying as there are some good cars to be won, and I can't win them without breaking the game.

I hate game crashes. Even assuming I haven't lost any progress, if that screen goes down, it's less than 50/50 whether I actually start it up again.

Gestault

Nvidia's latest drivers make it a stutter-fest. Can't even navigate through the menus anymore. More people with similar issues?

Latest as of when? I'm only asking because these questions end up being confusing without a version number or release date. I haven't seen anything on my end, but my "Game Ready" drivers are from at least a week back.

Gestault

387.92 WHQL just went live a few hours ago. Supposed to bring 15~25% more performance for FM7 too.

Ah, thanks. I'm wondering which one they're working on. I don't mean to pile on anyone in particular, but I hate seeing questions about performance where people don't specify stuff like that. And so often, people just won't notice updates are available, so the "new" update they're on can be a version back (or they're on a preview build).

shandy706

I'm afraid to upgrade my drivers.

Outside of couple weird moments, the game runs like a dream for me.

(cutscenes can stutter, and I had one race out of 6 where the framerate tanked for about 3 seconds)

Despite the things above the game is silky smooth most of the time. I'm not touching new drivers till "improvements" are confirmed here.

Gestault

I'm afraid to upgrade my drivers.

Outside of couple weird moments, the game runs like a dream for me.

(cutscenes can stutter, and I had one race out of 6 where the framerate tanked for about 3 seconds)

I'm generally in no rush to update unless it's addressing something specific. Nvidia has been a lot sloppier (or just games are built differently) over the last few years.

Ah, thanks. I'm wondering which one they're working on. I don't mean to pile on anyone in particular, but I hate seeing questions about performance where people don't specify stuff like that. And so often, people just won't notice updates are available, so the "new" update they're on can be a version back (or they're on a preview build).

I did say 'latest'...

I will be more specific in the future.

The Formula E event is bugged right?

It keeps saying I need to homolgate the car, it says it'll do it automatically, then says it doesn't need homologated as it already meets requirements but when I click start race it says it needs homolgating.

Wot.

Gestault

Master Volume Lowest...can still hear Engine.

Actually, the Engine needs it's own Slider...why is that not there?

I noticed right away there's a slider for opponent engine sounds and not the player's. I calibrate my setup so I can hear wind/undercarriage/impact noises considerably louder, and that threw a wrench in it.

MouldyK

I noticed right away there's a slider for opponent engine sounds and not the player's. I calibrate my setup so I can hear wind/undercarriage/impact noises considerably louder, and that threw a wrench in it.

I am watching Soundcloud...and can barely hear it past the Car Engine...everything else is low too!

I hate game crashes. Even assuming I haven't lost any progress, if that screen goes down, it's less than 50/50 whether I actually start it up again.

It seems to happen after the bowling events. The showcase races have been fine. There’s no error message either. Very odd and a bit annoying. It took me 4 attempts to complete of them, so to lose the progress is frustrating. It’s the only performance issue I’ve had, but it’s a shit one. Still love the game though. The good outweighs the bad.

Updated to the new drivers. Getting excellent performance. Menus working fine. Only hitching now is in the menus when a track is loading.

In race getting 4K60 HDR loveliness.

Yeah, I meant winning easily doesn't sound like fun. Smoking the AI in one lap and effectively hot-lapping the rest of the race in first place? That sounds awful to me, and underlines my biggest issue with any win-to-progress (or 'do well' to progress) racing game structure. I know some for a lot of people the progression is the end-game, but for me it's the actual racing. I've had far more thrills and gratification fighting through a hard season and finishing way down the results table in, say, pCARS that I ever do when always having to finish top three in progression-based racers.

Different games, different philosophies I guess.

When it comes to Forza there are only two options really. Either you are chasing two or three drivatars for the entire race or you are being chased by two or three drivatars for entire race. I know it's sad but it's true unfortunately.

I'm with you, this is one of my gripes and always has been about Forza.

The difficulty seems so off. I race on Expert (one down from unbeatable) with no assists and it's too easy in most races. I'll end up getting in front on the first/second lap and being around 10-15s ahead. When I switch to unbeatable, sometimes I can claim 1st before he's way off in front, other times, by time I get to the front of the pack 1st place will be like 5s+ ahead and it feels impossible to catch up.

Expert is 2 down from unbeatable, bump it up to pro.

Qassim

FWIW, the new NVIDIA drivers actually seem to have improved things a lot for me. The game performed very well for me anyway, but the G-Sync issues meant I just went back to standard vsync.

The latest drivers.. I think.. have improved my raw framerates by a reasonable amount, but most importantly enabled G-Sync in the driver profile (and it seems to work well). Forcing it in the driver profile before introduced stuttering for me.

zorbsie

Only if we exclude Petran. ;)
Might be a good idea. It is really expensive to mail trophies to Greece you know. :)

Massively keen - the FM4 & FM6 Gaf leagues are my personal highlights for online gaming :)
Never forget.

m46tklyiet0y.gif

This is a yes.

Good to see some interest. I'll chat with Frontier, who put together the awesome survey for the last season, and we'll get this going soon.

Nick_C

Nvidia's latest drivers make it a stutter-fest. Can't even navigate through the menus anymore. More people with similar issues?

Updated to the new drivers. Getting excellent performance. Menus working fine. Only hitching now is in the menus when a track is loading.

In race getting 4K60 HDR loveliness.

FWIW, the new NVIDIA drivers actually seem to have improved things a lot for me. The game performed very well for me anyway, but the G-Sync issues meant I just went back to standard vsync.

The latest drivers.. I think.. have improved my raw framerates by a reasonable amount, but most importantly enabled G-Sync in the driver profile (and it seems to work well). Forcing it in the driver profile before introduced stuttering for me.

https://twitter.com/forzamotorsport/status/917488850460708870

So my observation that framerates have been improved by a reasonable amount aren't unfounded..

Never really had an issue with framerate, outside of the occasional low FPS dips for a few seconds, but those were few and far between. 50/50 shot that performance could go up or down based on the other two posts.

Jesus, take the wheel.

Lima

Got the 1 mil credits and cars for being a VIP so I guess the update to how the VIP bonus works will hit later on Tuesday?

Snubbers

I was getting annoyed at not being able to use manual + clutch easily on my Fanatec CSW (for improved lap times) , the button to shifter position makes it awkward and using the actual clutch is as slow as just using 'manual' mode. Fanatec used to do an auto clutch feature but said Ms wouldnt allow it anymore due to it being a macro.

So I used an Arduino and a small analogue switch IC to add it to my Xbox one universal hub, and wow.. I'm feeling right at home again and will, be hitting the rivals mode a lot more now!

I'm resisting the urge to fire up the GT Sport demo as I'm waiting for the full game, and finding fm7 growing on me by the day.

Dr.Phibes

Disclaimer: The last Forza I played was 4, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

Is it normal that the A.I. straight up wants to murder you?

Justinh

Got the 1 mil credits and cars for being a VIP so I guess the update to how the VIP bonus works will hit later on Tuesday?

Oh!

I was wondering why I wasn't getting these special VIP gifts but apparently you have to open those crates that came with your VIP thingy for your VIP status to register or something before they show up in your message center. I was hoping I wouldn't have to mess with the crates at all so I just let them sit there and opened them up just to see if it would trigger something.

Since 5, I guess... when Drivatars got added to the games (I hate them).

Noobcraft

Yes. Turn 10 clearly took inspiration from ForzaGAF when teaching the AI how to do its thing. It's conditioning you for ForzaGAF races (and online races in general)

Also we should start checking if there is interest in a new ForzaGAF racing season.
Interested? Yes.

Have time? ... Probably not :(

I should get around to buying FM7 though. I'll definitely have it once my One X comes.

The Stig

ok so after playing this game flawlessly for a week, now the game constantly crashes on startup....... ive rebooted........

:( help!

error:
Faulting application name: ForzaMotorsport7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59cead5e
Faulting module name: ForzaMotorsport7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59cead5e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001da9d2
Faulting process id: 0x31e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d34151ad3723c6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.107.1807.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.107.1807.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe
Report Id: 5cbb02bb-efc1-4a22-899f-d39623d52f6e
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.107.1807.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: forzamotorsport7

supersaw

The AI is horrible, Turn 10 claim that it learns from other players and get better over time but i find that to be a total non answer. I don't know if i've ever perceived that to happen in previous titles it always felt bad to me.

Surely there is some baseline behaviour programmed in before the ai "learns" from players?

Even if it does in fact "learn" what sort of habits does it learn? There are only so many lines through a corner, the system is a black box and sounds a bit to me like "powa of da cloud" marketing speak.

Worst part about the AI is that they seem totally unaware of other cars on the track. If you're considerably quicker than the car in front they should let you pass, this never happens in Forza the AI hogs the line making overtaking a chore.

ok so after playing this game flawlessly for a week, now the game constantly crashes on startup....... ive rebooted........

:( help!

error:
Faulting application name: ForzaMotorsport7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59cead5e
Faulting module name: ForzaMotorsport7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59cead5e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001da9d2
Faulting process id: 0x31e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d34151ad3723c6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.107.1807.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.107.1807.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe
Report Id: 5cbb02bb-efc1-4a22-899f-d39623d52f6e
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.107.1807.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: forzamotorsport7
Have you tried resetting the game in the Apps options? Go to apps, Forza 7 then the advanced options and reset. I had a problem where it refused to start and resetting the game fixed it. I had to re-download the pre-purchase bonus content and so on as it gets deleted.

Regarding the new driver from nvidia. The only thing I noticed were the prize money etc after a race was MORE stuttery than before though it seemed to settle down after a few races. Game still seems to lose fluidity after a while playing. Yet the fps seems to be at 60 and the frametime is around16-17ms. Yet the game just seems less smooth. It's weird.

The Stig

Have you tried resetting the game in the Apps options? Go to apps, Forza 7 then the advanced options and reset. I had a problem where it refused to start and resetting the game fixed it. I had to re-download the pre-purchase bonus content and so on as it gets deleted.

going to give it a shot now. this is a whole area of windows 10 im completely unaware of.

saltyramen

dont know shit about cars - should i get this or horizon 3? how big of a dropoff is it in terms of graphics if i go back to fh3 for xb1

supersaw

dont know shit about cars - should i get this or horizon 3? how big of a dropoff is it in terms of graphics if i go back to fh3 for xb1

Get Horizon 3, the graphics are similar, main difference is this runs at 60fps and is circuit / lap racing vs Horizon which is Open World and more focused on doing stupid fun shit with cars.

If you're not serious about racing around real world tracks Horizon is the much more fun alternative.

Nick_C

Would you rather race cars on closed circuits in well-known and famous locations across the world, or hang out with a bunch of irresponsible adults that rain terror on the Australian people with very expensive, high performance cars?

If the former seems more appealing buy Forza 7, for the latter Horizon 3.

RoKKeR

I continue to be very weirded out by how the cars look in the menu/garage in this game. Something about the lighting is just completely wrong, it lacks the beautiful bright light of Forza 6, I'm really not a fan.

Also can you really not rotate the car on your own when you're just scrolling through them??

supersaw

I continue to be very weirded out by how the cars look in the menu/garage in this game. Something about the lighting is just completely wrong, it lacks the beautiful bright light of Forza 6, I'm really not a fan.

Is it just me or are half the cars on the grid Matte coloured. I've turned off custom liveries for opponents as I think it speeds up load times but certain cars appear to have a matte finish (eg. Aston Martin in the Vintage GT race).

Top Bottom