• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Nick_C

Browsing GAF with Forza on in the background between extra long races and the "Cash Rules Everything Around Me" achievement just popped. Listening to Wu Tang with a smile on my face now.

Momentary

Banned
All this PC Performance talk needs it's own thread.

"You should start one then."

Nah. I'm lazy and I feel like it's already too late.

Nick_C

All this PC Performance talk needs it's own thread.

"You should start one then."

Nah. I'm lazy and I feel like it's already too late.

Is this a conversation that you just had with yourself, or is this a passive-aggressive way to complain about people talking about the PC version of the game in this thread?

Gestault

143e4d36-48cf-475e-82gufk.jpeg

ba79c5fb-88bb-4af2-aq0ugp.jpeg

Jaaayzus. Fucking photographers.

Momentary

Banned
Is this a conversation that you just had with yourself, or is this a passive-aggressive way to complain about people talking about the PC version of the game in this thread?

I'm the one muddying up most of these threads with PC performance issues... so it was a conversation with myself. I'm definitely not a passive aggressive person.

Also, do you get anything special for finishing all the races in a series? I haven't even tried to do that yet.

Nick_C

I'm the one muddying up most of these threads with PC performance issues... so it was a conversation with myself. I'm definitely not a passive aggressive person.

Also, do you get anything special for finishing all the races in a series? I haven't even tried to do that yet.

I may have missed it, but I don't recall seeing you in this thread before. Or are you referring to the other OTs? I've been posting "Tales of My PC Woes" for the last however many days since launch.

Anything special like what? And by series do you mean the x number of races in a themed series or series like the cup series? I only noticed that I get a car from doing showcases, though I haven't completed every series in a cup.

I love the garage of this game. It's like walking through a giant candy store.

The game works perfect on XBO.

T10 really pushed hard. Great job.

frontieruk

Not sure what the plan is for 7, for 6 I grouped tracks and selected car class for each round and zorbsie then co-ordinated the event, not sure about this time.

Oh and any gaffer can add me you possibly won’t see me online much but you’ll have another drivatar to hate on...

Minor nitpick: split time should be two colours. Blue for when I'm faster and orange when I'm slower. Seems like an oversight to keep it the same colour.

Also we should start checking if there is interest in a new ForzaGAF racing season.

Might be a good idea. It is really expensive to mail trophies to Greece you know. :)

Never forget.

Good to see some interest. I'll chat with Frontier, who put together the awesome survey for the last season, and we'll get this going soon.

the discussion had already started ;)

Stevey

I still dont get how the Forza Hub App works.
Do I have to go into it every week to claim my credits or are they automatically gifted when I launch 7, Horizon 3 etc?
Is it weekly?

Gowans

Agree with the split time colour changes.

Also had some private games the other night with some mates, the party gets mega busted as I think Forza can take control switching to game or party chat in the custom lobbies when you join.

xrnzaaas

By the way is it a bug or did Turn 10 "forget" to prepare replay cameras for the new tracks? I rarely watch replays, but when I tried for Dubai and Maple Valley (in both cases Full Circuit Reserve) the bonnet view was active instead of trackside cameras.

How is this game compared to Forza Horizon 3 in regards to cars being thrown at you? I felt it was tuned a little too far on the giving side in FH3 and I barely had a chance to acclimate myself to a vehicle before I had another handful thrown at me in that game.

leeh

How is this game compared to Forza Horizon 3 in regards to cars being thrown at you? I felt it was tuned a little too far on the giving side in FH3 and I barely had a chance to acclimate myself to a vehicle before I had another handful thrown at me in that game.
Feel it's quite generous with the showcase events. You basically get the car you race in for each one.

I've got quite a lot of decent cars from just the first 3 cups.

supersaw

The 387.92 drivers introduced hitching for me. Reverted back to 385.69 and it's much smoother with gsync enabled. I tested this in the Porsche 918 passing challenge and it was a significant difference.

Feel it's quite generous with the showcase events. You basically get the car you race in for each one.

I've got quite a lot of decent cars from just the first 3 cups.

Thanks.

Any crappier cars? My favorite GT games were the earlier ones where you started with some little beigebox-esque car that was affordable and worked your way up towards super- and hyper-cars as your skills improved.

I'll probably be skipping GT Sport this year (at least until it goes on sale) because they've all but gotten right of that type of experience and focused solely on higher-end sports cars. Trying to find something with a campaign that'll scratch that itch.

leeh

Thanks.

Any crappier cars? My favorite GT games were the earlier ones where you started with some little beigebox-esque car that was affordable and worked your way up towards super- and hyper-cars as your skills improved.

I'll probably be skipping GT Sport this year (at least until it goes on sale) because they've all but gotten right of that type of experience and focused solely on higher-end sports cars. Trying to find something with a campaign that'll scratch that itch.
It's a bit more like FM6 where you have set class tournaments, so it varies throughout.

You usually can pick a mix from like rally tournaments with C-B class cars, or like touring car tournaments for example.

Fox Mulder

Guys do you find unbeatable drivetar easy to beat on long races!?

They're awful on some tracks in long races. You'll be miles ahead on nurburgring full.

But I've also had unbeatable AI spit out a leader with lap times 5 seconds faster than the rest I could never catch.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I bit the bullet and bought the VIP pass last night, got the VIP stuff after a reboot. Then a few moments later, got the other 4 cars, plus the 1m credits.

Josef Newgarden set a legit time for the bounty Hunter challenge.

They should make him set a time with a controller too. I can only get to like, 1:50 *sad*

Nick_C

Rolling back my drivers to the previous version. I'm having tracks disappear in front of me, mid-lap now. That's never happened before.

RoKKeR

Is it just me or are half the cars on the grid Matte coloured. I've turned off custom liveries for opponents as I think it speeds up load times but certain cars appear to have a matte finish (eg. Aston Martin in the Vintage GT race).
I noticed this yesterday when loading up a free race in a very basic/stock Audi S5 w/factory paint. Something about the materials is just really strange.

TheRed

Rolling back my drivers to the previous version. I'm having tracks disappear in front of me, mid-lap now. That's never happened before.
From my experience that is caused by rewinding too much in a race. Still really annoying especially in a long race.

Momentary

Banned
have they improved performance on PC any yet? i might still buy this if they have.

It has improved for me. Using the in-game benchmark maxed out 4K at 100% scale

Titan Xp
i7 6850K

Before it was about 92 FPS
Now it's 119 FPS

Menus are also smoother now.

From my experience that is caused by rewinding too much in a race. Still really annoying especially in a long race.

This is where I encountered it. It also happens in previous installment on PC. Apex and Horizon 3 had this issue

By the way is it a bug or did Turn 10 "forget" to prepare replay cameras for the new tracks? I rarely watch replays, but when I tried for Dubai and Maple Valley (in both cases Full Circuit Reserve) the bonnet view was active instead of trackside cameras.

Really don't like mixing gameplay camera angles in with replay and at 30fps they look awful too. Make some unique cockpit/bonnet cam for replays or leave them out. Eugh.

deoee

Two issues we've got while playing:

a) The Voice settings of this game are totally screwed up. We cross-platform play with 6 people, two on Xbox and 4 on PC. Usually we'd use the XBOX Party to communicate but Forza 7 does not allow this. When you turn on Party Chat on XBOX it should normally overwrite everything the game tries to do regarding voice.
But Forza 7 just forces in-game voice every time you join a lobby. And if you switch it back to party, it does not work anymore.
In-game voice would be the option to go but it's way too limited in settings in-game which then leads to open mic and sound coming from the tv and too low volume on some voices.

b) Why is there no race against KI in private lobbies? It worked flawlessly in FH3 and it would really add much to this game when you race with less people.

Fox Mulder

It's kind of crazy that the 2015 Nissan LMP car is still in the game and even as a showcase event.

It's such a failure that I'd figure Nissan would ask to remove it.

Top Bottom