• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

paischu

there's some big games this holiday, but I can't see a racing game winning goty, even with 2014 sucking for AAA titles like it has.

I'm glad they even made the first one, and the sequel got me to buy the Xbox one. It looks great and I know I'll be playing the shit out of it.

good enough for me.
Exactly my opinion.. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Hawk269

I got excited because the dashboard updated and it had a Forza Horizon 2 logo, but it was just the launch trailer. The trailer was not on there when I checked 30 min or so ago, so perhaps things may be happening very soon...sadly I need to leave for work in the next 5 min. Arggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

lentini

I got excited because the dashboard updated and it had a Forza Horizon 2 logo, but it was just the launch trailer. The trailer was not on there when I checked 30 min or so ago, so perhaps things may be happening very soon...sadly I need to leave for work in the next 5 min. Arggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

It's been there since the launch trailer went live on Thursday

Hindle

Banned
there's some big games this holiday, but I can't see a racing game winning goty, even with 2014 sucking for AAA titles like it has.

I'm glad they even made the first one, and the sequel got me to buy the Xbox one. It looks great and I know I'll be playing the shit out of it.

good enough for me.

Im not a fan of racing games at all, but this looks an absolute blast to play. Sometimes just being fun can make your game GOTY.

Synth

But you can mute the ingame music in basically every car game manually via the ingame options, can't you ?

So just mute that (leaving effect/motor sounds intact) and overlay the MP3 music.

Yea, you can. It's just far less convenient if it's something you do regularly, but not always. On the 360 you just started playing a track and it took care of the rest, returning to the ingame music once what you were playing was finished. Having to go into the options, turn the music off, then play something, and then go back into the options to turn the music back on afterwards is a several steps back from where we used to be. It's closer to being like playing your own music on a PC game with an application that's not at all integrated with the rest of the system.

If anything though, I preferred how games implemented custom soundtracks prior to the 360 even more. On the OG Xbox a lot of games simply let you put the music into the game directly, and then they'd be treated as if they were part of the game's own soundtrack (changing between stages, applying audio effects etc)... but we never really see that anymore.

Either way, if Horizon 2's soundtrack is at all comparable to the original's, none of this will matter for this game for me personally, because I never opted to use my own music rather than what was already in the game anyway.

This may have been asked and if so I apologize as I'm at work....

But can I queue this demo up to download from xbox.com so it's ready when I get home?

Kssio_Aug

This may have been asked and if so I apologize as I'm at work....

But can I queue this demo up to download from xbox.com so it's ready when I get home?

From the site I believe not, cause the demos do not show up there. But from smartglass, yes!

And its time!! Where's the demo??!

Tall Paul

Pre Order has just shown up on Smartglass so demo must be on the way!!!!!!!

EDIT...or....I could just write what those above did as well.

U2NUMB

Looks like you can pre buy this as well? Looking at smartglass... I hate that I am stuck at work for 7 more hours... have fun everyone! Post impressions.

Edit: The Digital Delux Day One says you can buy it.

LOL more VIP pass shit for forza, double XP for being a VIP? get out.

I learned in forza 3 and 4 that VIP doesn't do anything worthwhile so they added bonus xp, wow.

There is a free Launch Bonus Car Pack to download as well...

2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV
1968 Abarth 595 esseesse
1956 Ford F-100
2003 Ford Focus RS
1997 Land Rover Defender 90
1987 Buick Regal GNX
1993 Renault Clio Williams
2015 Ford Mustang GT

mike4001_

And online router menu says I am downloading :D

Still at work for 2 hours tough.

And fast as ever with 7-8 MBit ... :-/

But should be about finished when I come home in 2 1/2 hours :)

RawNuts

I'm so excited!

gif-asians-chair-race-435461.gif

derFeef

Oh boy.

Get the Forza Horizon 2 Ultimate Edition! This edition includes the full version of Forza Horizon 2, the Day One Car Pack, VIP membership, and the Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass.

The Day One car Pack features three cars: the 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, and the 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG.

VIP membership gets you access to exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the five-car VIP Car pack(2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO), 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition.

The Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass gets you access to six monthly pack add-ons (5 cars each). Plus, Car Pass owners will receive an exclusive bonus car for free, the 2010 Noble M600.

That’s 31 cars to collect, race, and customize in Forza Horizon 2!

Top Bottom