• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

c0de

To the people waiting 1 hr and 43 m to downoad: How fast is your internet? I want to know when I am getting your impressions from the demo :)

ekim

I'm eager to know the content of the demo. Hopefully we can free roam without any time constraint. (I'm not expecting the complete map)

The_Monk

For those who are not lucky to get their hands on, like myself, please provide us with gameplay videos and pictures if possible, please my good people!

Skyr

I will get a xbone for this game and the upcomming exclusives.

BTW:
is it still not possible to play your own Music in the backround while gaming?
If not are there any plans by Microsoft to implement that in the near future?

I would just love to play horizon 2 with my own Music in the backround like on the 360.

BTW:

I would just love to play horizon 2 with my own Music in the backround like on the 360.
I think they made playing music through usb available in a update I dont know if you can do that apparently my zune hd didnt count.

m23

BTW:

Can't do it as of yet. Not sure if they will be implementing it, but seeing as how its requested by many we might see it soon.

Synth

I think they made playing music through usb available in a update I dont know if you can do that apparently my zune hd didnt count.

Yea it works (over DLNA too now)... but you still have the damn thing snapped to the side, making it mostly useless for gaming (especially as it can't cut the game's music channel either).

We went so far backwards on this one. :(

mike4001_

BTW:

At the moment you can stream MP3 via DLNA and USB when the Media Player App is snapped on the side.

Background Music is not possible at the moment, but I expect it by the end of the year (November or December Update) as there are not many highly requested features (such as this) left :)

Yea it works (over DLNA too now)... but you still have the damn thing snapped to the side, making it mostly useless for gaming (especially as it can't cut the game's music channel either).

We went so far backwards on this one. :(
Oh you have to have the app snapped? No wonder.. yea that is very backwards

Brakara

Yeah, my biggest disappointment (*) with the Xbox One is all the nice features we don't have anymore. I get that they had to rebuild it in order to have something more future proof, and that we'll probably get it all back at some time, but still, a disappointment.

(*) My second biggest disappointment is that I can't set the language to English if I use my proper region (which I need in order to buy anything). WTF, Microsoft?

Synth

Yea. Overall I'm not too worried about the snap issue, as I imagine that's simply a matter of time (stuff like Skype already show that it should be trivial to change if desired). The bigger issue in my opinion is that we don't know if the Xbox One's audio is designed in such a way that a game's music alone can be muted to make way for the user's own music. Right now all we've seen is the ability to change the volume of the entire game/app. It's massively suck if every time you wanted play a track you'd have to manually change the ingame music volume... and if the game didn't have that option, then you're simply SOL.

The_Monk

will upload YouTube asap! i am home and waiting for it....

Hype Hype :)

I'll be streaming it :)

Thank you to both of you fine gentlemen! Nothing like some good GAF impressions, I still remember getting my Limited Edition of the first Horizon, it was so hard to fin and I had to drive to two different stores but it was worth it, love me some FORZA. I wish I could join you all in this and FORZA5 as well. :')

By the way, Helios, if you are there, you are awesome and an amazing person! Thank you for being around.

shandy706

I'm not going to make it to the 30th. Woke up this morning with anticipation for today.

At the office now, hoping to pre-load the demo with smart-glass.

I can't resist the urge to make gifs.

I have 10 hours before I'll be home though :(.

Kssio_Aug

Would really love to see this happen but the outrage would be too big IMO. Has there ever been a racing game GOTY on most sites?

I believe it never happened. But if Horizon 2 delivers the hype expectations it will deserve the prize, after all would be the biggest game till now this gen (and I cant see anything bigger this year).

mike4001_

Yea. Overall I'm not too worried about the snap issue, as I imagine that's simply a matter of time (stuff like Skype already show that it should be trivial to change if desired). The bigger issue in my opinion is that we don't know if the Xbox One's audio is designed in such a way that a game's music alone can be muted to make way for the user's own music. Right now all we've seen is the ability to change the volume of the entire game/app. It's massively suck if every time you wanted play a track you'd have to manually change the ingame music volume... and if the game didn't have that option, then you're simply SOL.

But you can mute the ingame music in basically every car game manually via the ingame options, can't you ?

So just mute that (leaving effect/motor sounds intact) and overlay the MP3 music.

Fox Mulder

Would really love to see this happen but the outrage would be too big IMO. Has there ever been a racing game GOTY on most sites?

there's some big games this holiday, but I can't see a racing game winning goty, even with 2014 sucking for AAA titles like it has.

I'm glad they even made the first one, and the sequel got me to buy the Xbox one. It looks great and I know I'll be playing the shit out of it.

good enough for me.

kazinova

Oh man, I've never been this hyped for a demo.

Please don't be like Destiny, please don't be like Destiny, please don't...

Top Bottom