• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Tall Paul

Actually may consider going Digital on this one. £49.99 on MP or £44.00 at Amazon, a few quid is great for ease of use digitally. Demo downloading from Smartglass, off work at 6, then game time baby!!

thanks for the replies guys, the issue here is Smart Glass isn't getting data from the servers, and I'm connected to a working wifi hotspot, so it's odd. I also tried disabling the wifi on my iphone and just use 3G, but it still can't retrieve data from the servers.

btw, I've been told MS said FH2 wouldn't have day one dlc, they didn't want to repeat the F5 fiasco, so.. why all these editions?

Cancelled

Neo Member
Pricing is odd.

VIP Pass for me is over 50% off, so cheaper to buy separately than in a bundle.

Yea, cheaper for me to buy everything separately at the moment as well.

Feel like the Day One Edition at $79.95AUD is a mistake.. kind of want to grab it before they jack it up to the usual $99.95.

JaggedSac

thanks for the replies guys, the issue here is Smart Glass isn't getting data from the servers, and I'm connected to a working wifi hotspot, so it's odd. I also tried disabling the wifi on my iphone and just use 3G, but it still can't retrieve data from the servers.

btw, I've been told MS said FH2 wouldn't have day one dlc, they didn't want to repeat the F5 fiasco, so.. why all these editions?

It has a day 1 car pack.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Well, it is day one dlc, but I think they meant paid dlc. That was one of the big uproars, plus the car pack was $50.

The Forza 5 fiasco was the way microtransactions were handled and the in-game economy at launch as far as I remember

LowerLevel

Just typed in "Forza Horizon 2" on Bing search from the Xbox One and it brought up the 4 different versions of the game, the demo and the add ons (VIP, Car Pack, etc) so you can access it from the Xbox itself.

Tall Paul

Actually may consider going Digital on this one. £49.99 on MP or £44.00 at Amazon, a few quid is great for ease of use digitally. Demo downloading from Smartglass, off work at 6, then game time baby!!
Actually..no i wont, just checked an the Amazon price for my account at one point it went down to £39.00 so that's the price im paying! :)

p3tran

Banned
LOL more VIP pass shit for forza, double XP for being a VIP? get out.

I learned in forza 3 and 4 that VIP doesn't do anything worthwhile so they added bonus xp, wow.
:)
you did not learn well, because VIP offers also exclusive cars (not tunes and liveries of regular cars)

this time VIP includes:
2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO
this, with double xp and special VIP events.

I think I am buying the ultimate edition as soon as I test the demo. if the game can keep me happy for half of the time I'm thinking of, 90$ for the game plus the -guaranteed good- support for the next six months is very much worth it.

Cancelled

Neo Member
Yea, I am almost 100% sure they are charging $20AUD less than intended for the Day One edition with no ad-dons... it works out ~$20 cheaper to buy everything separately if I go that way

I snagged it before it changes and will pick up VIP/Car Pass later to soften the blow.

Arttemis

Do Forza games get 'Complete' editions later on, with all the (or at least the vast majority of it) included? Anyone think this game will?

You can get a £50 Xbox Live card from Amazon UK right now for £44.86. Making it pretty much the same price to you. You can even get the code emailed so you can buy the game on Xbox right away.

arhra

So buying separately, the VIP Pass is £16 in the UK, and the Car Pass is £20. Day One Deluxe bundle (base + vip pass) is £61, and the Ultimate Edition is £77.

The physical copy I have ordered from Amazon is £39 (thanks to the preorder price guarantee; current price is £44), so the digital bundles are just barely more expensive than keeping my physical order and adding the DLC separately (and would be cheaper if I hadn't had the physical game preordered for long enough to get the lower price).

MS might have actually found a way to compete with retail pricing in the UK, if you're crazy enough about a game to go all-in.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
How do you purchase stuff from the SmartGlass app? I don't see the option.
I don't think there is a pre-purchase option on SmartGlass, I could find all the different Horizon versions (and demo) but couldn't pre-purchase anything. I can on the web site though.

The day 1 normal edition pricing is wrong in HK store too

Day One Deluxe Edition=546HKD($70US)
Day One Ultimate Edition=650HKD($83US)
Day One Normal Edition=698HKD($88US) lolwat

Oh come on, there have been special editions of Forza going right back. I have the one from Forza 2.

I have no issues with special editions, is the fucking day-one dlc what bothers me.

Do you want to make a special editon? Great, how about not letting to buy that 'special' content by other means?

So buying separately, the VIP Pass is £16 in the UK, and the Car Pass is £20. Day One Deluxe bundle (base + car pass) is £61, and the Ultimate Edition is £77.

The physical copy I have ordered from Amazon is £39 (thanks to the preorder price guarantee; current price is £44), so the digital bundles are just barely more expensive than keeping my physical order and adding the DLC separately (and would be cheaper if I hadn't had the physical game preordered for long enough to get the lower price).

MS might have actually found a way to compete with retail pricing in the UK, if you're crazy enough about a game to go all-in.

I believe Deluxe is game+VIP pass

Putty

Watching one of the streams posted earlier, game looks terrific! Objects trees and shadows popping into view but aside from that, looks absolutely killer.

I'll have to decide between keeping my order from Amazon or going digital...the only downside is not getting the pre-order car that stores offer (I assume those will be added at a later date to buy)

Top Bottom