• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

ElNino

With the E3 deals and VIP being $10, I'll stick with my base game (Day 1) and VIP for ~$55. If the Car Pass goes on sale down the road I'll consider that, or just buy the cars/packs that interest me as I go.

Demo is done... now to get some work done before loading it up.

cookienut

Banned
$74 Australian for the Ultimate edition off the HK store. That is just ridiculous. How can I not buy perfection at such a price? Downloading demo and full game now. Woot.

Ape

Banned
I'll have to decide between keeping my order from Amazon or going digital...the only downside is not getting the pre-order car that stores offer (I assume those will be added at a later date to buy)

The upside would be playing at midnight when it unlocks. :)

I seriously don't know what to do for this game. Ughhh.

A little off-topic, but as I downloading the FH2 demo, I noticed that NHL 15 was installing and EA installer was queued also....anyone tell me wtf is going on there? I definitely didn't buy NHL. It said it was the full game :S

arhra

I believe Deluxe is game+VIP pass

Yeah, I just corrected myself on that. Point remains valid, though; the discount on the digital bundles mostly makes up for the usual UK retail discounts, and makes buying digitally not an insane option for once.

Assuming the demo doesn't massively disappoint, I might just jump in with the Ultimate edition, since I'm bound to end up wanting all the car packs eventually anyway, and I'd much prefer having everything digitally if it wasn't £10-15 more expensive most of the time.

Ape

Banned
A little off-topic, but as I downloading the FH2 demo, I noticed that NHL 15 was installing and EA installer was queued also....anyone tell me wtf is going on there? I definitely didn't buy NHL. It said it was the full game :S

I wish I had a free game waiting for me. Congrats!

Lucifon

I'd assume regular edition only at retail, but I don't think there's any savings compared to just buying all the things separately so it doesn't really matter.

Best off just trying to get the base game cheaper then buy the extras separately I guess?

ShapeGSX

So, they ditched the token system by selling full packs since day one.

FFS.

That's not what the Forza 5 microtransactions were. Those were used to unlock cars in the game.

This game does not have that. And they have had special editions with extra cars in most of the Forza games.

Tier 3 in rewards...missing out on that Lambo :/.

I think I'll just stick with the Day 1 Digital edition, gona pre-load that and que up the demo when I get home!

The cockpit camera is rendered kinda useless when you're cutting through tall brush. You can't see shit!

Not that I mind, as I would be playing this game completely from 3rd person camera.

Anyone know if you will be able to buy the Tesla Model S outside of the Deluxe pack?

Don't really want to drop the extra scratch, but I know I will eventually want to get that one car.

ekim

Fucking shit - this game is beautiful. I know what I'm playing every day until the full game comes out.

TaKeRx

Hmmm day one ultimate edition was 89.99 as opposed to $99.99. This can atleast eat some of the tax.

I almost want to take a half day from work to play this demo lol!

GlamFM

Banned
Ok guys, can you please stop talking about the price or car packs and just give some impressions about the demo? I'm on a plane and have to turn off my phone in 10 mins.

Has anywhere got a link that explicitly shows what you get with the ultimate edition, such as the car list/photos?

Wondering if it is actually worth paying the extra or not.

This download is taking too long!

glaurung

Have the demo downloaded on my home console now.

But that £80 Ultimate Edition is just whack. I paid exactly 21 EUR for Forza 5 and heck if I'm going to pay more than the regular asking price for FH2.

T.O.P

Banned
Scooby be like

105893-Godzilla-fuck-this-bridge-gif-A9u5.gif

this looks like so much funnnnn

3 hours almos :((((

LIV Master

Neo Member
Can't start downloading remotely through Smart Glass on my iPad, after clicking Get it Free there is only black screen and Loading:( Is there a link to web page of the demo?

I have no issues with special editions, is the fucking day-one dlc what bothers me.

Do you want to make a special editon? Great, how about not letting to buy that 'special' content by other means?

This thought process/hatred towards DLC always confused me. So a company decides to develop extra content that must be paid for via paid DLC. The option is really getting extra content or not getting extra content with this business model. If it wasn't paid DLC then it wouldn't be there. What does the timing of release have to do with anything? Are you saying that if they held back the content for some specific period of time (e.g. a month or two) and then released it it's okay? The only difference is you get content later...

Megasoum

Banned
So the standard edition is 65$ in Canada which is bullshit... BUT, the deluxe edition is only 75$... So that's a good deal.

paischu

Do you get a discount if you buy the Bundles? 90€ and 108€ seems a bit much for just on release. I might want to buy the Passes later down the line.

dragn

how does dlc work on xbox one? i have 60$ from the gamestop facebook thing , so gonna buy the game in the us store, how much is the car pack in the hk store and can you use dlc from another region?

Top Bottom