• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Really want to have a go at the demo but installing anything on the Xbone is a fucking joke. It's gonna take at least an hour and I'm going out later. The game looks great but right now it's just a tease.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So I first got this Demo from my SmartGlass app while I was at work and yes my Xbox One is on instant on. When I got home, it just started downloading. So it was 1% done and I turned my Xbox One. because you know it was on stand by, and download stuff still happens in stand by. Today morning I woke up hoping to try this out, and its still at 1%. I mean wtf? I cancelled the download and re-downloaded and went to take a shower, and came back and it was still at 1%.

Fuck it I will just wait for the final game now.

mike4001_

How do I have to understand the VIP package ?

I read all progression is 2x

Does that mean that I get always 2 times the XP and so basically get all rewards 2 times faster ?

The_Monk

OK guys. Playing this demo was the first time I felt that I don't regret buying an Xbox One.

The soothing 1 to 10 intro video was great. But once it stopped and the game switched to actual graphics, the cars rolling off the ferry and suddenly you get the button prompts on screen - my jaw was properly on the floor.

Played everything in one sitting. Did not find all the billboards nor all the roads - there are some side roads that don't show on the map and I did not care to go after all of them.

Other than that? Amazing. The radio stations give me the vibe from SSX3, the cars are heavy and the landscape is amazing.

Incredible demo.

If I didn't have a physical copy pre-ordered (standard), I'd jump on buying the ludicrously overpriced digital Ultimate edition.

Glad to see you enjoyed the game and it's great to see such positivity, seems it's going to be a nice game to play this year.

Meanwhile, I'm going to look at my Steelbooks of the first Horizon and Forza 4

strata8

Gotta love how someone will always flip in the cross country. Nothing like having someone right on your tail, then landing wrong after a jump and cartwheeling across the fields.

It's like the game removes the speed penalty and watches in glee as you realise that you're driving on dirt after all and not asphalt as you were led to believe. Of course by this point you're a few hundred metres away, upside down, and very dead.

Then there's that shortcut where you can cut across the field and between a house and shed. Except the gap's only a few metres wide and you're travelling at 200 km/h.

a.wd

Gotta love how someone will always flip in the cross country. Nothing like having someone right on your tail, then landing wrong after a jump and cartwheeling across the fields.

It's like the game removes the speed penalty and watches in glee as you realise that you're driving on dirt after all and not asphalt as you were led to believe. Of course by this point you're a few hundred metres away, upside down, and very dead.

Then there's that shortcut where you can cut across the field and between a house and shed. Except the gap's only a few metres wide and you're travelling at 200 km/h.

Or the hmm that field looks like I will miss out a bunch of people, and its right by a house!...is that a wall? flip, spin, smash, cartwheel dead

Pre-order justified. Demo is fantastic

Only gripe is that I have played through the demo and unlocked the free roam. Next time I want to play the free roam I have to go through the beginning part again

That was my #YOLO moment gone wrong ;'(

Looking at this:

"Day One Deluxe Edition

This edition includes the full version of Forza Horizon 2, the Day One Car Pack, and VIP membership.
VIP membership gets you access to exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the five-car VIP Car pack (2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO), 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition."

If i get this version then i get permanent double XP whenever i play the game right?

Genuinely amazed (honestly not being sarcastic) some folks find the handling too difficult and "too close to Forza 5". It feels that tough and complicated to some of you?

So amazed I can't think of anything more to say about that. Blimey.

U2NUMB

Looking at this:

"Day One Deluxe Edition

This edition includes the full version of Forza Horizon 2, the Day One Car Pack, and VIP membership.
VIP membership gets you access to exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the five-car VIP Car pack (2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO), 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition."

If i get this version then i get permanent double XP whenever i play the game right?

The first one had 1.5x xp for online mode and it was forever so I am guessing yes.

psychotron

Genuinely amazed (honestly not being sarcastic) some folks find the handling too difficult and "too close to Forza 5". It feels that tough and complicated to some of you?

So amazed I can't think of anything more to say about that. Blimey.

I just think it's a learning curve. It's not as Arcade as it would appear from the trailer. In the first race where you go through the field, I was gunning it and thinking I could drift turns, but I ended up having my car refuse to turn much at all and I smashed into a wall. I practiced more, lining up my turns and braking ahead of time, and had much more success. I still found it fun, but my first few minutes with it were a bit of a downer.

Still a guaranteed purchase and I'm sure once I get a handle on how I should be playing, it'll be more of a blast than it already is for me.

stupid question - how does one switch to photo mode in the demo ? i can see a control mapped to it (up on the d-pad, iirc) but i havent been able to use it. Is it disabled ?

On a side note - have you guys held down on the d-pad and looked at all the telemetry ? the g-force indicator is awesome. mind you i have no clue about a lot of the stuff there, its just neat to see presented as an overlay in realtime.

Bringing this back up as I can see this thread moved on since i posted - photo mode work for anyone ?

Chorazin

I just think it's a learning curve. It's not as Arcade as it would appear from the trailer. In the first race where you go through the field, I was gunning it and thinking I could drift turns, but I ended up having my car refuse to turn much at all and I smashed into a wall. I practiced more, lining up my turns and braking ahead of time, and had much more success. I still found it fun, but my first few minutes with it were a bit of a downer.

Still a guaranteed purchase and I'm sure once I get a handle on how I should be playing, it'll be more of a blast than it already is for me.

Which car did you pick? I had zero problems going into drifts around corners, hell, that's half the fun of Horizon! Tight turns are doing to require some breaking, but the wide turns in the offroad sections should have been a breeze to drift through.

I guess the learning curve for folks coming from games like Burnout is you actually have to use the brake. And as you said it doesn't take long to get to grips with it.

My kids were coping quite well after a few minutes of play - and they have come from Burnout Paradise.

Restarted the demo and had a go driving the Bowler - the big offroader.

Cockpit view is so high you can see over the crops in the fields and the cross country race is sublime. Am so looking forward to doing this with an old Land Rover in the finished game.

A rusty old Ford Capri and Land Rover Defender are going to be my mainstays in H2 It think.

T.O.P

Banned
There's a good possibility I'm about to destroy this thread with .gifs over the next few hours.

Prepare your exhaust pipes.

giphy.gif

p3tran

Banned
Telemetry is available for sure..

Just hold down on the dpad. It will pop up.
hold down you say? I did press up/down on the dpad, but did not hold it down. will try this as soon as I am back home.
thanks
I guess you can also see localized damage this way if you go to far right screens like before?

Nooooo! Why do you people not consider people who read GAF at mobile? WHY?!
m.neogaf has options that do not automatically load .gifs, pics and even youtube screens.
you just get a placeholder there, that only loads the gif if you want it to.

I know because last week I was on mobile only, and it took me a giga until I found this out :D

psychotron

Which car did you pick? I had zero problems going into drifts around corners, hell, that's half the fun of Horizon! Tight turns are doing to require some breaking, but the wide turns in the offroad sections should have been a breeze to drift through.

I was using the Evo. Maybe I was just going too fast, but sometimes I would rip the rear tires loose and swing the ass end of the car around, but the car would continue going straight as opposed to changing course. I definitely did better afterward, going from near last place to first after a few tries.

RaceManIak

Neo Member
I am a little disappointed, I expected a better support for the wheels (controls and FFB closer to Fm5) than the first one, but it's exactly the same.

I still like the concept and already pre-order the game, but I had a lot more fun driving The Crew beta.

H2 graphics/textures are great most of the time, but sometime when it rain it looks a little cartoonish

ekim

I would be so down with that.

2015 Forza Rally
2016 Forza Motorsport 6
2017 Forza Horizon 3: Tokyo Nights

Nope! I won't be able to wait until 2017 for another Horizon. Sorry pal.

2015 FM6
2016 FH3: Scandinavia. (Including Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Finland)

shandy706

Ok

First two are going to be from the same area of the game, two different lighting conditions. Stunning either way...working on gif #2...here is #1.

nebzsq.gif

Edit** Here is #2 I'll try to keep the upcoming gifs to a smaller size after this

inrmmg.gif

Top Bottom