• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Kssio_Aug

Thos game is so good, but soo good, that only with a demo, and playing just one night, I already had a bunch of epic moments! lol

Can't wait to start playing the full version!! 8D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
any wheel impressions? horizon 1 was absolutely stellar with one with awesome surface transitions felt through very strong force feedback. i imagine horizon 2 is much the same?

anthonyOA

iePX4QqqUApqA.gif

This gets the boner going.

Azlan

Not that I need them, but isn't it a touch odd that there are no demo impressions from gaming journalists? It seems that such a fantastic demo would get a bit of publicity.

jacobeid

Banned
Earlier this year people on GAF chastised me for publicly saying that FH2 was my system seller and the single reason that tipped me over the edge of getting an XB1.

46 pages later and I'm feeling redeemed.

Bobosaurus

Neo Member
This wasn't even on my radar until i played the demo - it's like the sexy looking love child of PGR and Test Drive Unlimited.

Day One (Digital) Edition pre-ordered. Well played Microsoft

U2NUMB

Not that I need them, but isn't it a touch odd that there are no demo impressions from gaming journalists? It seems that such a fantastic demo would get a bit of publicity.

I expect a DF break down of the demo and tech. Would love to actually see what they think.

But I am guessing the journalists are playing the game right now. I do not think MS is gonna be shy about wanting scores of the game out there.

VinFTW

Earlier this year people on GAF chastised me for publicly saying that FH2 was my system seller and the single reason that tipped me over the edge of getting an XB1.

46 pages later and I'm feeling redeemed.
I don't know who would chastise you for that... Seems pretty close-minded. Then again, Gaf has been surprising me a lot lately.

Enjoy the redemption! I'm in the same boat (except that I owned one on launch but I would totally buy one for this if I didn't!).

p3tran

Banned
so, you played the offline events, and want more from the demo?

time to hit up those rival charts!!

how?
-press menu/start button, far right there is "RIVALS"
-press on that, and wait a little until the leaderboards are populated and your nearest "rival" is brought up
-by choosing which event, then pressing "Y", you get the leaderboards.
-when viewing leaderboards, by pressing "X" you switch between "global", "near" aaaand "friend list"
-now, whoever you pick as a rival, his ghost will be loaded and you will have the event available to you to run, only with the rival ghost on screen.

now, this functionality is probably known to regular forza people, but I write it down for everybody who is not a regular.

your friendslist should be enough of a challenge, but on top of that, if you want to compete against the GAF, even though the club functionality is not in the demo, it is very easy to add some gaffers on your friendlist just by taking a look over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879722

I just did it myself, and I have to say that I am impressed by the ..path twosixnine chose and beat my time by 2-3 seconds.... :D
I mean, maybe in forza motorsport you loaded up a ghost to study stuff like the ...brake points, but believe me, on this game this is on another level, since track is not a boundary at all :D

jacobeid

Banned
I don't know who would chastise you for that... Seems pretty close-minded. Then again, Gaf has been surprising me a lot lately.

Enjoy the redemption! I'm in the same boat (except that I owned one on launch but I would totally buy one for this if I didn't!).

I was told that this game probably wouldn't sell anyone on the system and that my expectations were too high lol.

I bought a PS4 at launch and a Wii U earlier this year, but once this game was officially announced I jumped on the first deal I saw.

Anyway, is it September 30 yet?

ekim

Is there a way to repair the car while just doing freeroam (I know it gets repaired when you start a race).

Someone mentioned you can by the press of a button don't know which though.
I did by changing the damage option to off ingame and changing it back to full afterwards.

Hip Hop

Nope! I won't be able to wait until 2017 for another Horizon. Sorry pal.

2015 FM6
2016 FH3: Scandinavia. (Including Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Finland)

I would really want it to be back in the United States tbh.

This change of country in FH2 caught me by surprise

Only thing missing from the wet roads are puddles aka PGR4 style, where they actually have depth and the car will dip into them physically.

No country road is that smooth in real life, puddles appear and such.

p3tran

Banned
Ok so my friend told me that yesterday too but it never worked for me...that's weird, I'll have to retry tonight.

when online, you dont get that option in some cases, which I still havent figured out.
offline though, this works whenever you like.

also on settings, you can set damage not only visual/mechanical, but also to off.

shandy706

i4MMa8alJ5SSU.gif

Love how the NPCs are all doing something more than just standing around. I even noticed them going in and out of buildings...I'll see if I captured it anywhere.

RedFury

As some one who hasn't played FH1 is it worth picking up and playing before this comes out?
Already have FH2 ulti payed off.

RedFury

FH1 is a great game, but nah. FH2 is two weeks away and there is some fun to be had with the demo in the meanwhile. You plan on getting FH2 on the One?
Yeah, X1. That's why I wanted to get it before so it wasn't jarring going from 2->1. Does it take place in Colorado or is it a mini US?

The sense of speed in this game is ridiculous...racing in bonnet cam is gonna be so freakin awesome :O

ijud4V8G04Wbo.gif

Yeah, I think I'm going to use the hood-cam in the final game. I love cockpit view, and I usually use that...but the hood view in this game is so damn good, plus, the sense of speed is greater and you get a better look at the beautiful environments.

Fucking incredible GIF, btw. My God, what a gorgeous game, I can't take my eyes off those tree-covered hills/mountains.

Top Bottom