• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

R4s2pSk.jpg

At least let us do it with style.

lotus_esprit_s1_spy_work70.jpg

c0de

m.neogaf has options that do not automatically load .gifs, pics and even youtube screens.
you just get a placeholder there, that only loads the gif if you want it to.

I know because last week I was on mobile only, and it took me a giga until I found this out :D

Wait, what? I'm back in a minute...

Edit: Feel hugged! <3

Can I ask, is multiplayer available on the Demo? If not how would it work? I am on the Neogaf list, but how would I go about seeing where everyone was etc?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
man, some of these tiny dirt roads are just begging for some rally!

strata8

Did anyone else find the little Car Meet road? Tried to drive down it and it booted me out lol. This was in single-player though.

hold down you say? I did press up/down on the dpad, but did not hold it down. will try this as soon as I am back home.
thanks
I guess you can also see localized damage this way if you go to far right screens like before?

Yes. At work now, so dont recall all the screens it lets you flick through, but my favourite to just leave on screen was the g-force indicator.. while i pulled donuts. :)

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
This demo is probably the most effective demo I've ever played.

I had Destiny, Halo: MCC, and Sunset Overdrive on my list for the rest of this year. Horizon 2 was an after thought. I was pretty much thinking I wasn't going to get it. After this demo, I preordered immediately. I'm probably as excited, if not more, to get this full game as I am with Sunset Overdrive. Playground fucking nailed it.

saladine1

I'm actually impressed by the crowd action happening at the festival hub. You have people standing, clapping, jumping, laying down on the ground, couples hugging whilst walking, people dancing...it's like....you are at a festival of some kind..? mind blown.

Oh man, turning off the course and driving through fields of wheat was just awesome. This demo has its hooks in me.

There's a certain amount of "oh shit, I'm going so fast, I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing but this is hella fun" that I love about driving through the wheat fields.

shandy706

Watch this spot...preparing a time lapse .gif.

Edit**

Notice how the Hot Air Balloons actually light up when they use the Burners! Very cool.

iyEh49kC2AHFF.gif

About 2 minutes compressed to short gif :)

I want to do a full time lapse (24 hours) in the near future.

Watch this spot...preparing a time lapse .gif.

f5.gif

Edit - Played the demo a good hour plus last night, bought both VIP and Car Pack. For some reason I though Sunset Overdrive was coming out the same day as this, so I was holding onto some credit on my MS account for SO. Once I saw it was October, bought both packs and never looking back.

When Satisfy by Nero started playing when I arrived at the Festival, I got goosebumps!

p3tran

Banned
so, who said there would be good deals on xbones later this year ?
haha! i was thinking of you yesterday, upon my first drive in horizon 2.
I do remember your positano/amalfi wants.
I got one word for you: happy. very.

now, about deals, last I saw it was pachter -supposedly- that said that, but iirc it was indirectly commented by another dude from games press.
my opinion? buuuuuuuuullshit!
a lot of good deals run already.

plus if you are a gamer, you go after games. if you are a bargain hunter, you forget the games and chase after the pennies.

Yes. At work now, so dont recall all the screens it lets you flick through, but my favourite to just leave on screen was the g-force indicator.. while i pulled donuts. :)

yes, you were correct!
telemetry/damage popsup if you keep dpad depressed for a second or two.
and as in all forzas, the last item on the right is ..damage.

I did a few tests and damage is not forgiving if you crash. and it keeps localized percentages per subsystem just like motorsport does.

very nice 8)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this whole idea that a racing game CANT win game of the year is silly. just put it on your list gaffers and it'll likely chart.

Stig94

Neo Member
Anyone else pay full price for the Ultimate edition of the game but is a Forza 5 VIP?

I bought it pretty soon after it went up yesterday and dont think i got that discount...

Anion

If FH3 is in Japan...I would be pleased. I can finally live my Initial D dreams of driving down Mt. Akina and stuff lol

arhra

Anyone else pay full price for the Ultimate edition of the game but is a Forza 5 VIP?

I bought it pretty soon after it went up yesterday and dont think i got that discount...

There was apparently a bug with the store not counting the physical LCE's VIP code for the discount. Was fixed fairly quickly, but it seems a bunch of you guys jumped the gun too quickly and bought it before that.

Try getting in touch with customer support, they might let you cancel the preorder and re-order with the discount in place, if you're lucky. Worth a shot, at least.

Top Bottom