• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

klodeckel

Banned
rsc82dpg.png

Thank me later MS for dat free money.

Sorry I just played with your hearts :(

As some one who hasn't played FH1 is it worth picking up and playing before this comes out?
Already have FH2 ulti payed off.

YES. Then again, perhaps it would be better to save your appetite for the main course. The first game also had a rather generous demo, you can at least have some fun with that.

The game seems to have a very mixed look to me in the various different times of day, lighting and weather changes. Like sometimes it looks almost life like and then at others looks a bit basic and lacking in detail. It's like they haven't managed to achieve a consistent look throughout the game and that's a bit jarring.

I haven't played the demo and so am only going on videos and screenshots, perhaps my view will change when I see it for real on my own TV. Dunno.

The best part of this game is when it turns to night. I was doing donuts in a field close to the festival and there's fireworks going off in the background.

So good.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
i4MMa8alJ5SSU.gif

Love how the NPCs are all doing something more than just standing around. I even noticed them going in and out of buildings...I'll see if I captured it anywhere.

Haven't played the demo yet, but that's very awesome looking. I friggin' love details like that.

Megasoum

Banned
Dunno. I'm usually a bonnet cam man but the cockpit is done better here than any other Forza. I think I'll try to stick with it.

It really depends on the car. I did the demo with the Lancer from cockpit and it was fine. I mostly play FM5 in cockpit too but some cars (like the closed top prototypes) that you can't see shit from cockpit lol.

Faith

What I still don't like is the comic-look. Why don't they implement a more realistic lighting? Something like DriveClub?

SystemBug

What I still don't like is the comic-look. Why don't they implement a more realistic lighting? Something like DriveClub?
Because its expensive to add in there? The Xbox one also doesn't have as much horse power as the PS4. Also I'm sure the game being open world also has to do with it.

In the end though. The look suits the game and the vibe its trying to create.

MORTALIS

i4MMa8alJ5SSU.gif

Love how the NPCs are all doing something more than just standing around. I even noticed them going in and out of buildings...I'll see if I captured it anywhere.

I spent way too long perched up on that switchback above the beach with all the umbrellas just people watching. It's amazing what this adds to the game. There were couples walking the beach holding hands and guidos walking in groups talking with their hands, fellow Italians on holiday in France, clearly.

psychotron

You could play that game if you prefer that style.

It's always been like that in the Forza series. It definitely works.

imJc53m9G66Tv.gif

Ok, so I'm probably an idiot, but you're able to move the camera on your own during replays? I only saw the option to switch the car view during replays and was commenting how it'd be nice to have a cinematic camera view, lol.

Gestault

Ok, so I'm probably an idiot, but you're able to move the camera on your own during replays? I only saw the option to switch the car view during replays and was commenting how it'd be nice to have a cinematic camera view, lol.

It's a weird setup, but in replays, on the camera icon, you hold down A then cycle through the styles of camera, then when you release, you press X to toggle through the angles within that mode. The last one on the far right (pan across?) gives some really cool angle progressions then pulls super far back.

RedFury

Man I can't wait! Haven't ever been this excited for a racer. Ultimate edition fully paid...now the wait. GT:RedFury03 I need some friends.

Kssio_Aug

I was going to play Metro Redux. But then I saw that it was almost time to launch and go to work, so I started the demo just to drive a bit. Driving in this game is soo good! Doesnt matter if youre racing or not!

Top Bottom