• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

GHG

Can someone explain the XP boards and the Tourist discount boards to me?

I see them on the map but have no idea what they mean or what I should be doing near them...

trinest

Can someone explain the XP boards and the Tourist discount boards to me?

I see them on the map but have no idea what they mean or what I should be doing near them...

It is a bit tricky when all your life your been told not to hit things when driving cars only for a mechanic to be built around smashing into things.

If you hit them it activates them. They give XP for the XP ones, and Tourist Discount ones lower the price of quick jumping.

Had two soft crashes so far both since I joined the GAF club not one before that.

Also when I start my game for about a minute the game is very jittery.

Ed - I'm on this afternoon if anyone wants a cruise, add Broken Beans.

That was exactly what I was thinking when I read that annoucement, I trip to a trackday with the friends to drive at Nurburing with rain :)

Although I'd like to see some proper circuits in Horizon 2 I doubt PG would be allowed to cross over into FM territory.

Especially if weather and TOD changes were occurring before FM did it on them.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So rewind does not invalidate the laps in Rivals?

I love rewind feature but this kills the joy of Rivals mode.

I hope that gets patched, but I never played fh1 with the intention of time trailing I doubt I'll care for fh2.

Krilekk

Banned
29/30 Bucket List Stunts.

I can't do the 105km/h with the Lotus on Sisteron.

Is impossible.

Any tips?

I can tell you that you should be at 115 km/h or higher after the last corner. My corner speed was 85ish, the trick is to just let it roll through after braking, don't brake too hard. Never drop below 85 and use the rewind over and over again if you need to. For the last corner though give it all you've got (140 IIRC) and brake hard, then release and try to accelerate as soon as possible. I did 108 I think.

Hana-Bi

Rivals mode seems to be kind of buggy to me.

If I race against a rival and beat him, then leave rivals mode the rival is still in the list with a new gap to beat from the next rival in that race. (hope this makes sense) It's basically an endless time-attack mode but the name of the actual rival you race against won't be updated if you leave the rivals mode and start it again.

I can tell you that you should be at 115 km/h or higher after the last corner. My corner speed was 85ish, the trick is to just let it roll through after braking, don't brake too hard. Never drop below 85 and use the rewind over and over again if you need to. For the last corner though give it all you've got (140 IIRC) and brake hard, then release and try to accelerate as soon as possible. I did 108 I think.

I haven't played that challenge yet, but in tight turns using the hand brake properly (don't sit on it, just tap it as necessary) can often allow you to keep a lot of your momentum.

Snackawho

Is the online part any good or is it full of idiots crashing into each other?

It's mostly good. There's still lots of idiots out there that try and push you off though. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The game definitely rewards cleaner driving online however.

Oh and first corners can be a pain sometimes.

Anion

Tier 6 finally! Driving since 2007. All I have to say is that the forza series has always improved with each new game.

I heard Phil was saying he wanted the Forza series to be a 3 year cycle based. I'm curious as to what that entails

It's mostly good. There's still lots of idiots out there that try and push you off though. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The game definitely rewards cleaner driving online however.

Oh and first corners can be a pain sometimes.

Cool, I might invest in Xbox Live then.

Kssio_Aug

Thanks Epal.

This is as far as I got today before I had to tap out. 8 hours in so far and probably another 2 to go to finish. I need to figure out what car to put it on and also finish up the design + a few logos.

15422784926_4484754337_h.jpg

Wow! That's amazing! If you do it and share, I will use depending on the car! =)

Krilekk

Banned
So how is it selling? The East Festival Speed Trap has 300.000 entries for the leaderboard - that seems to be the most out of all the speed traps in the game (as it is on the way to the first event in the game). Not too bad for 2 days in Europe and six days in the US. But much lower than Forza Motorsport 5, which was at 500k leaderboard entries for the first race after two days IIRC. Being a launch title obviously helped.

Krilekk

Banned
Tier 6 finally! Driving since 2007. All I have to say is that the forza series has always improved with each new game.

I heard Phil was saying he wanted the Forza series to be a 3 year cycle based. I'm curious as to what that entails

Forza Motorsport 6 - race tracks
Forza PGR - cities
Forza Horizon 3 - open world

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Thanks Epal.

This is as far as I got today before I had to tap out. 8 hours in so far and probably another 2 to go to finish. I need to figure out what car to put it on and also finish up the design + a few logos.

15422784926_4484754337_h.jpg

I was watching part of your stream last night, it really came a long way from when I tuned in at around the 2 hour mark! Looks awesome.

FordGTGuy, your drivatar is my freaking nemesis. Can't hate on it too much as the damn thing races really clean, but whenever i'm in a race and someone has shot out to 1st with a healthy cushion, I can be 99% sure if/when i catch up, there's going to be the floating name of FordGTGuy above it.

Any tips for modifying or upgrading cars? I bought a corvette stingray and started modifying it.. Will this be a waste compared to the other cars?

If I get new cars.. Then what's the point of modifying the older ones?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
do the custom paintjobs of peoples' cars show up on their drivatar representations in other peoples' games?

Yes (sometimes unfortunately so).

Any tips for modifying or upgrading cars? I bought a corvette stingray and started modifying it.. Will this be a waste compared to the other cars?

If I get new cars.. Then what's the point of modifying the older ones?

You can improve the handling. Also I usually upgrade the transmission to a race transmission so they are 6 spd rather than 4 like many of the older cars are.

derbene

Neo Member
Loving the game so far. One of the best racing games since PGR4 imho.

Are there any real screengrabs in this thread (or in another thread here at GAF)? Not taken from the stunning photo mode but direct feed gameplay screenshots instead?

Kssio_Aug

Is it a good idea to set auto-tunning / modifications?
I dont understand nothing about these technical aspects so I set it to automatic upgrade. I bought a Beetle yesterday and without modifying it was impossible to beat the AI on professional even on the same category. lol I managed though after upgrading it, wasnt easy anyway.

Can you tell I hate team races?

Seriously. I have my RS2 tuned and figured out to the point where I can DNF half the pack on a good race. Would it kill to have someone who can come first or second, just one person?

ElyrionX

What's the best way to get credits? Also, is there a list of cars that the game will give you for free through the events so I can avoid buying those cars myself?

What's the best way to get credits? Also, is there a list of cars that the game will give you for free through the events so I can avoid buying those cars myself?

You only get the Ferrari 360 CS for free.

All of the cars in the launch and VIP car packs are free for the first time but require being "bought" at the Autoshow, so it's not possible to accidentally buy those.

Kssio_Aug

The only thing thats preventing me to enjoy more of this game, and will also do the same for every single MS 1st party online game, is that my damn ISP has a routing issue that let me with 150~250 of ping, even MS offering dedicated servers on my country. Thats ridiculous.

Did a few online road trips and noticed two players that kept winning championships by achieving 20.000 to 30.000 xp between the last two events. How is that possible?

It got so annoying that people left the session after a while.

EDIT: Game crashed twice today. I'm in the dashboard preview and I've got the latest console update installed.

psychotron

These game freezes are now getting to be very unacceptable. Froze after getting an XP board, restarted, froze right after getting a barn find. Fix this shit!

Certinty

My only 10/10 game of this gen so far and I've only completed 3 championships. Sucks there are only 5 showcase events though, expected a lot more personally.

Top Bottom