• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

benzy

360 vs xbone comparisons?

My brother has the 360 and am thinking about just picking it up for That so I can at least play it.

Edit. Other than worse graphics, the game itself is the same right?

There are a few different cars between the two versions. No rain effects, and you can't tune your car in the 360 version. Other than those features I think it's the same.

So I'm pretty sure one of my XP boards gltiched out and doesn't appear or I did get it but never got credit for it, so now I'm stuck at 149/150 boards smashed. I hope there's gonna be a patch for this :/

Now I can't get my achievement

Nvm, I think I found it.

jesu

Finally beat the game. Horizon 1 is better. The main reason is lack of variety in Horizon 2. You have 168 championships but the 28 in each of the six locations only differ by car. They take place on the same tracks, the races feel samey (basically you start in eight place, work your way to fifth where you will stay until about the last third of the race. Then suddenly the opponents slow down, you pass them and once you're in front they are back to aggressive mode - it feels very staged), there is no real progression. After the 15 championships it took to get to the (apparently first) final race I'm already too bored to do the other 153 championships because I know they are just repeats of what I've already seen. Took me 6 hours to get there (plus 12 hours online). The whole structure of having to go on a road trip to access races is BOOOOORING. It's interesting the first five times but after the 15th road trip to the same damn locations I just want to skip them.

Another problem is lack of progression. Yeah, you can still collect XP to level up - but why? And once you've unlocked all perks the points mechanic becomes totally useless. There should be more. More perks, maybe another progression method (every level currently costs the same amount of XP and every skill point the same amount of points). I can see myself playing multiplayer for quite some time but singleplayer is just weak. :(

How is Horizon 1 better?

RyudBoy

I located the first few barns pretty fast, but this one in particular... been driving around for like 15mins now. Kudos on making it hard to find.

arhra

Today has been a good day for wheelspins. Picked up a Beetle, an NSX, a Civic, a Transit, a Trans Am, and finally...

2a9I3KH.jpg

There were a bunch of shitty 3-4k credit payouts too, but when I'm getting cars like that, I can't really complain.

Also bought a GT86 for a Track Toys championship, and by god, that thing is fun to drive. Doesn't go all that fast, but it's pure joy in the corners.

MouldyK

...They take place on the same tracks...After the 15 championships it took to get to the (apparently first) final race I'm already too bored to do the other 153 championships because I know they are just repeats of what I've already seen...

I counted under "Festival Routes" in Rivals that there are:

- 11 Routes in Sisteron.
- 22 Routes in Nice.
- 11 Routes in Saint-Martin.
- 12 Routes in Castelletto.
- 11 Routes in Montellino.
- 11 Routes in San Giovanni.

That's 78 routes altogether.

And they make you do 4-5 of the 11 or 22 courses available each time right? So I am sure that at least one Route in the Championship would be different from the last tiem you went there.

In contrast, Forza 5's 14 or so Launch Tracks offered 42 different routes according to the Wiki. And even on the later championships, they pick 10 of the 14 (17 if you have the DLC I think) tracks for each championship. I can half-guess the races I will do a lot of the time due to this.

EDIT: Judging by this website, Horizon 1 had 70 routes in it. So 70 VS 78. So while the 78 or so events are repeated probably a lot, there is more variety than Forza Horizon 1.

Prototype

There are a few different cars between the two versions. No rain effects, and you can't tune your car in the 360 version. Other than those features I think it's the same.
Thanks for the response!

I think I may go ahead and pull the trigger on it. May not be the best version but it should be fun and it'll give me an excuse to visit my mom's house where the 360 is lol.

Mmmm when was announced I remember reading somewhere that Nurburgring was going to be used in Forza Horizon 2, is it there? PG or Turn10 have said anything about it?

Bessy67

Mmmm when was announced I remember reading somewhere that Nurburgring was going to be used in Forza Horizon 2, is it there? PG or Turn10 have said anything about it?
I think they announced Nurburgring for Forza 5 and the game Forza Horizon 2 back to back at E3. I don't think they ever said Nurburgring would be in Horizon 2.

arhra

You're probably misremembering the fact that the Nürburgring was announced for Forza 5 just moments before Horizon 2 was announced at E3.

benzy

Thanks for the response!

I think I may go ahead and pull the trigger on it. May not be the best version but it should be fun and it'll give me an excuse to visit my mom's house where the 360 is lol.

NP, it's still a great game. Sumo Digital, who made the 360 version, is a great developer too and the graphics still look pretty good for being on the 360, much better looking than Horizon 1 imo.

You're probably misremembering the fact that the Nürburgring was announced for Forza 5 just moments before Horizon 2 was announced at E3.

That's actually a cool thought though... They should take a real life track and put it in the next Horizons and design the city around it. Then you could occasionally have a championship race at the track.

Megasoum

Banned
That's actually a cool thought though... They should take a real life track and put it in the next Horizons and design the city around it. Then you could occasionally have a championship race at the track.

Yeah that would be amazing... Just like you can drive on Laguna Seca and Sebring in The Crew (albeit, really shitty version of those tracks but anyway).

Hey, maybe we'll get Bathurst on the Australian expension! lol

Today has been a good day for wheelspins. Picked up a Beetle, an NSX, a Civic, a Transit, a Trans Am, and finally...

2a9I3KH.jpg

There were a bunch of shitty 3-4k credit payouts too, but when I'm getting cars like that, I can't really complain.

Also bought a GT86 for a Track Toys championship, and by god, that thing is fun to drive. Doesn't go all that fast, but it's pure joy in the corners.
Lucky.

I'm level 71 and only won a car, and most of the payouts have been low (even with the perk). I really hate this gambling reward system :(

statham

I don't think I raced 1 race today, I spent most of the time clearing roads, photos, billboards and the airport to get more perks.Much fun, tomorrow it'll be more races.

B-Dex

Update to the crash I was getting earlier:

Seems to be an issue with modern and classic muscle cars. Hasn't happened with other car types.

The game has hard locked twice in the fast 5 minutes after the end of a championship, the race progress isnt saved and I can progress further. Try another class and championship, delete and reinstall? Not in the preview program either. First time it's done this on the 6th championship and it locks up in the loading screen.

nib95

Banned
My game of the year as well so far. Not sure another will be able to take it's place. DC has got FH2 beat on graphics.. but everything else is FH2. And I can't believe I'm saying it.. even with my avatar I rock.. But FH2 has passed TitanFall as my GOTY.

Lol. No surprise there are some people claiming such things without even owning the game they're comparing to.

Did anyone else get a Viper as a gift? Was just posting last night how I want one(couldn't find it in the store at the time of posting) then I get up this morning and the game has gifted me a 2013 SRT Viper. Then found a 1999 in the store so bought that too.

GHG

Is there a way to see who is online in the GAF club?

I assumed that after I joined the club it would automatically group me with people from the GAF club in the online modes but I'm still getting thrown into groups with randoms...?

Am I doing something wrong?

zorbsie

Sure, how do we join with you? I can't figure out how to play MP with Club members.

Lobby is full. Why don't we party up in freeroam and then go to road trips from there.

Edit: let me finish this event and I'll set up a lobby of sorts.

Edit: GHG, KePoW Come join Shortt and I in free roam.

KePoW

Banned
Is there a way to see who is online in the GAF club?

I assumed that after I joined the club it would automatically group me with people from the GAF club in the online modes but I'm still getting thrown into groups with randoms...?

Am I doing something wrong?

Lobby is full. Why don't we party up in freeroam and then go to road trips from there.

Edit: let me finish this event and I'll set up a lobby of sorts.

ok cool, let us know how to join. I'm not sure how we get together

biRdy

Game is great so far, but Its crashed on me 3 times today with the weird buzzing sound. Anyone know if this is game specific bug or some general bug on the xbox. (I'm in the preview program)

arhra

Did anyone else get a Viper as a gift? Was just posting last night how I want one(couldn't find it in the store at the time of posting) then I get up this morning and the game has gifted me a 2013 SRT Viper. Then found a 1999 in the store so bought that too.

The Viper is the tier 3 Forza Rewards gift that you get for having previously played a bunch of the other Forza games.

edit:
Game is great so far, but Its crashed on me 3 times today with the weird buzzing sound. Anyone know if this is game specific bug or some general bug on the xbox. (I'm in the preview program)
Game-specific bug (it's happened to me a few time on retail firmware), but the preview is apparently exacerbating it (and was even causing Forza 5 to crash). The latest update supposedly has some fixes, although I think people have still reported crashes even with that.

Sorry, zorbsie, I tried to join your free-roam lobby, but I got a call that the Giants and Nationals were still tied in the 16th.

Extra-inning postseason baseball took priority. :p

Kssio_Aug

2a9I3KH.jpg

You wont believe me! Today I got from wheelspin a Lexus that cost 260k! I am VIP so I took the Lexus + 520k! It was a HUGE prize! *-*

Now Im annoyed. Deleted and reinstalled the game and still hard locked after I finished the hyper cars championship in saint-Martin. I can't progress the game further. Will try a different championship class and see if that works but I'm getting tired of wasting my time if it's broken.

Looks like switching championships worked.

avelle

Neo Member
You wont believe me! Today I got from wheelspin a Lexus that cost 260k! I am VIP so I took the Lexus + 520k! It was a HUGE prize! *-*

I managed to get that at level 5 or 6 when I had just started the game after release. I didn't realize how rare that was or I would have taken a photo. :/ Definitely awesome to land such a great spin so early though.

OneLetter

Not sure about all of you, but I'm level 94, and I've won exactly 21 cars from the wheel of fortune. There was even a time when I won 3 in a row...heh.

Kssio_Aug

I managed to get that at level 5 or 6 when I had just started the game after release. I didn't realize how rare that was or I would have taken a photo. :/ Definitely awesome to land such a great spin so early though.

I should have recorded that too! =(
But yeah, it seems a prety rare loot, I'm a bit above level 30 now, and that was by far my biggest prize until now.

B-B-but...without the map, how will I know where I have to go? :O
Anna?

You gave the answer! Anna is the savior!!

Zafir

I must have been lucky. Won two cars today one of which was a Lancia Stradale + 196000cr(VIP bonus). Can't remember what the other car was, was worth about 60kish.

Edit: Remembered what it was, a Ferrari Dino.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
So AI cars apparently don't need to go through check points. Kinda silly, since I would have caught them running the same line.

Top Bottom