• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Love this game but have been playing since October 1st Aussie time and still have not received my tier cars or my forza reward credits... A little frustrating but still really enjoying my time with the game.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Love this game but have been playing since October 1st Aussie time and still have not received my tier cars or my forza reward credits... A little frustrating but still really enjoying my time with the game.

Have you closed the game at any point? I didn't get mine until I force quit the game and loaded from the start screen.

Jube3

That livery is looking great.

Also just wanted to let you know that your Drivatar gave me a ton of trouble during a championship race yesterday. In fact, it's the only race that I've had to drop the difficulty on in order to come in first.

Thanks Prophecy, Its coming together pretty quickly.

I'm glad my drivatar is giving you a challenge and not knocking you off the road lol.

Here what I have so far on my megaman livery. Still a lot left as well as some cleaning up to do.
15444210935_e77526ac84_b.jpg

Kssio_Aug

Thanks! Snap Game DVR and then End Clip after replay finished, then select 3 or 5 min depending on the length of the race.

Ah ok! I thought you saved the clip right from the game because of its lenght!
They should add a dedicated button to save entire replays! =o

abuC

I think I'll get an X1 next week or so, this game sounds a lot like Test Drive Unlimited which I really liked despite the crappy handling.

Bought this last Friday. I played the demo and pretty much thought I knew what to expect.

Amazingly enough this game manages to impress me even after playing the demo. The full game does not exactly start the same way but it shows the same intro, more or less.

This game is basically Forza Motorsport controls + Project Gotham trick driving + the best parts of Colin McRae Dirt + Crazy Taxi + Test Drive Unlimited + God rays [spectacular realistic lighting] everywhere. After a few days of playing it online and offline, I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT.

The lighting in this game is PERFECT. The open world driving over dirt thing feels like a new thing even if it has been in racing games for a long time already. Forza Horizon 2 manages to give that mechanic a purpose and makes this game offer something NEW that most of the other games (yes, even Forza Motorsport 5) do NOT offer---some degree of innovation we haven't yet seen, and some way of adding more fun gameplay even while retaining semi-realistic driving physics. That in itself is just ridiculously impressive.

The music in the game is glorious too. Finally some stuff to put on my phone on the way to work so I don't have to listen to Bieber + Iggy + Ariana Grande all day.

Overall, this game wins, 11/10, maybe I should buy all the DLC because they deserve all my money and then some.

Riky

$MSFT
Managed a few hours with this yesterday after the UK release friday, blown away by how good it looks and how smooth it runs. There seems so much to do and they got the handling model spot on. My brother popped over for my sons birthday and couldn't believe how good it looked, pushed him over the edge to get an Xbox One this Christmas.

VRMN

I think I might have actually played too much. I just barely snuck into Tier 4 for Forza Rewards to get that tier's bonus car.

I'm now Tier 5 because of FH2. Also I was 21st on the GAF club list last I checked earlier tonight. Addictive game is addictive.

jem0208

360 vs xbone comparisons?

My brother has the 360 and am thinking about just picking it up for That so I can at least play it.

Edit. Other than worse graphics, the game itself is the same right?

There are a few different cars between the two versions. No rain effects, and you can't tune your car in the 360 version. Other than those features I think it's the same.

The world is quite a bit different on the 360 as well. Loads more barriers. It's more similar to Horizon 1 in terms of scope. You won't be bombing through fields so much like on the X1.

Ape

Banned
Sold my X1 to help pay for the white Sunset Overdrive bundle so I'm going to be out of it for a while. I still have my 360 but, you know how that is. Thinking about H2 but i might just get it next year after everything dies down.

Ason

I might be a moron, but I just noticed you can combine Anna's options in one sentence! lol =)

Like... "ANNA NEAREST BUCKETLIST" in one sentence, instead of say "ANNA" and go through each on-screen option step by step.

Not only is it quicker, but also gives me way higher successrate speaking with "her".

I might be a moron, but I just noticed you can combine Anna's options in one sentence! lol =)

Like... "ANNA NEAREST BUCKETLIST" in one sentence, instead of say "ANNA" and go through each on-screen option step by step.

Not only is it quicker, but also gives me way higher successrate speaking with "her".
I'll second this.

If you just say "Anna" like the game prompts you to do, its very hit or miss, and heavy on the miss. But if you speak it as a sentence at normal talking speed "Anna nearest event" then it'll work every time.

They take place on the same tracks, the races feel samey (basically you start in eight place, work your way to fifth where you will stay until about the last third of the race. Then suddenly the opponents slow down, you pass them and once you're in front they are back to aggressive mode - it feels very staged), there is no real progression.

That's not my experience at all, and I mean at all. And while I'm not far enough into FH2 to make any definitive comparisons with the first game, I feel that there's plenty of variety thanks to the new vehicle and race types, and the ability to drive anywhere. For what it's worth, both my girlfriend and myself are liking it more so far :shrugs:

GHG

I'll be going online in about an hour or so if anybody would be up for some online road trips etc?

Add me: XBL GHG

mike4001_

Does somebody else experience some bugs with the game ?

I had a couple of freezes. Mostly when the online component came into place.

Just now I bought a car and double pressed 'A' and then the screen got stuck because I confirmed a screen which was not properly loaded before ...

I hope they bring out a patch which smoothes out some of the rough edges :)

Grassy

Game is great so far, but Its crashed on me 3 times today with the weird buzzing sound. Anyone know if this is game specific bug or some general bug on the xbox. (I'm in the preview program)

I had the same thing happen to me today 3 times also. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I'm having so much fun with this game. I literally can't stop fucking playing this game, it's so good. I have spent so much time just in photo mode that I have struggled to do much racing yet. Love it.

Just started the game and chose a supra. Should I upgrade it or wait until I get a better car? Don't want to waste creds if I don't have to.

IS the drivatar difficultly level on medium alright or is it fairly difficult?

MouldyK

Okay, i've progressed to playing Forza 5 with a Hood-Cam as well since I use it on Horizon 2 instead of Cockpit...what is happening to me?

RyudBoy

I don't think I've heard every song yet, but I'm already sick and tired of the soundtrack, so I just turn the music off. I like FH1's soundtrack way better.

GHG

Just started the game and chose a supra. Should I upgrade it or wait until I get a better car? Don't want to waste creds if I don't have to.

You get given a much better car soon so only spend the bare minimum upgrading it if you have to. Don't waste money to take it up a class.

I found medium to be a bit too easy but depends on your skill level I guess.

ekim

I still have to find 2 speed traps and 1 speed zone although I've driven all 315 roads. Someone with all speed traps fancy to share a screenshot of their map? :eek:

Thanks Prophecy, Its coming together pretty quickly.

I'm glad my drivatar is giving you a challenge and not knocking you off the road lol.

Here what I have so far on my megaman livery. Still a lot left as well as some cleaning up to do.
15444210935_e77526ac84_b.jpg

Wow, impressive work. Let us know when it's done so we can throw that on our cars.

arhra

If you wanted to, I think you could "beat" the game (by which I mean get to the Horizon Finale and see the credits) with nothing but the basic Supra you can pick at the start, as you can choose which championships to enter and the opponents are automatically scaled to match you (they're selected by car type, and auto-tuned/upgraded to roughly match your car's level, rather than being sorted by performance class like in FH1, so no real need to be close to the top of whatever class you're in).

That'd be kinda boring, though.

So really, just do whatever you find the most fun. Buy new cars, upgrade the ones you already have, whatever takes your fancy. You'll get new cars sooner or later anyway - the first showcase event gifts you one, there's the barn finds, and then there's the chance to get cars every time you level up on the wheelspin. And don't forget to download the free launch car pack (and the Day One pack if that's still available) - that's another bunch of cars you won't have to pay any credits for.

The only place where your car's performance class really matters is online, as it's grouped purely by performance class rather than car type, and you'll see, for example, your A-class Lancia Delta going up against Lamborghini Diablos, etc. So for that, you'll probably want your car to be near the top of it's performance bracket.

As for the drivatar difficulty level, you can switch it at any time, so just do a few races and adjust up or down until you hit the sweet spot. I don't consider myself particularly amazing at racing games, but settled on bumping them up to Highly Skilled (with TCS/STM turned off, ABS and the braking line still on), and find it a good challenge.

MouldyK

So, um, how do you gift cars in this game? For the life of me, I can't find the option.

On Forza Forums:

DAGnoFEAR said:
I understand the sadness of 360 users by missing support,but think about one thing:
You are able to import vinyls from H1 to H2 and you can gift stuff to your friends,so colabs between friends are possible.
These 2 things arent working on the X1! So you may have low support by the publisher,but you are able to do things on the 360
many XONE users would kill for.
I get both versions to stay in contact with all of my friends and will enjoy things here and there on both.

Apparently he says that you can't on X1. :/

Jube3

Wow, impressive work. Let us know when it's done so we can throw that on our cars.

Thanks Epal.

This is as far as I got today before I had to tap out. 8 hours in so far and probably another 2 to go to finish. I need to figure out what car to put it on and also finish up the design + a few logos.

15422784926_4484754337_h.jpg

Apparently he says that you can't on X1. :/

Well that's just ridiculous. My girlfriend is envious of my VIP pass, which I mistakenly thought would work across all local accounts, and now I can't even gift some cars to her. I see that club car sharing doesn't work anymore either. Beautiful.

Just been hit with my first lock-up:

Just got to Montellino, latest preview OS update and around 40GB free on the internal HDD (no external).

trinest

I wish for paint jobs you could do it online, like upload a picture and then customize it that way. Cause its really not that accessable for people like me who don't want to spend the time on it.

^ Holy crap. That Mega Man design is amazing.

I have like two roads I haven't driven on, but I can't find them on the map. Driving me crazy.

Top Bottom