• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

derFeef

When you eventually decide to give in, I'm going to create a thread.. "Mascot finally buys the Xbox One", in celebration of the momentous event..

We need to collect all "will not buy Xbox One [until]" posts by then, phew, a lot of work!
Love you, Mascot :)

jesu

None in stock :(

Oh I never knew they could go out of stock.

Bestbuy is another one that accepts paypal and delivers to your email address but I've never used them.
They have been mentioned on here as working though.

deadfolk

Loved the demo much more than expected. The one thing that bugged me wast the "free" look on RS. It's not really a free-look, it just points the camera in one of the four cardinal positions. This game looks so good, I really wanted to be able to just look around freely.

derFeef

Loved the demo much more than expected. The one thing that bugged me wast the "free" look on RS. It's not really a free-look, it just points the camera in one of the four cardinal positions. This game looks so good, I really wanted to be able to just look around freely.

For "free look" press upwards on the stick, then left or right.

You saying this ain't worth £300?

au1Auzb.jpg

246.gif

pls the wait is too much

Never bought one for myself, still using my son's.

He's been using it for Minecraft recently and with my wheel out of action I thought about doing the 360 version while waiting for Thrustmaster to sort me out.

strata8

Apparently photomode now has its own minigame of sorts where the objective is to spot and photograph 160 unique cars.

Oh god please be real rally racing and not just some off track racing. My hype just somehow went up another notch.

Edit: I'm gonna say 89 metacritic.

Those are car categories. There are championships for "iconic rally" cars, but it's already been confirmed by Playground that real rally racing is not in the game.

Big Sony fan. But bought an Xbox One yesterday for this and Sunset Overdrive. I have a PS4 by the way.

Welcome, enjoy your stay.

I feel that the visual effect of the rain outshines the bright sunlight visuals in this game, I guess it's all the little details like reflections, beads of water on the car and window wipers moving around which are missing under a sunny clear sky, makes it feel like something is lacking.

I feel the same about the daytime stuff in driveclub too, the roads could do with some dynamic leaves or something.

THIS DEMO!! WOW!! Surpassed all my expectations. You can definitely see some of the cross-gen-ification (wet roads look decent but the wet clouds behind the tires is rough) but overall the image quality is super clean and the scenery is gorgeous.

And that map looks massive - I was getting annoyed at the demo cutting me off but I know it's just meant to be a tease. So much fun just ripping through fields and finding unexpected trails. I don't have any friends with an XB1 or into racing games so I'm hoping ForzaGAF will accept me

There is a big Forza Horizon 2 car club thread that you should join. Cheers.

Speaking of weather, I remember this quote from Fulton:

IGN said:
"[Weather is] something which fans have been asking for, for a long time,” says Forza Horizon 2 creative director Ralph Fulton. “[It’s] something which fits our world perfectly; the temperate climate of southern Europe – the changeable weather conditions – it meant we had to look at creating a realistic, physically-modelled atmospheric simulation.”

“That’s about the sky. That’s about the particles in it. That’s about the clouds. That’s about changing dynamic weather conditions: fog, mist, rain, wind. Combining all of those so that not only is the gameplay experience changing as you drive around the world – changing up the handling, changing up the visibility – it’s also changing the beauty of the world you’re seeing.”

Have we seen any proper fog in the game yet? And strong wind bending trees, carrying smaller objects an so on?

ikariX

Banned
Those are car categories. There are championships for "iconic rally" cars, but it's already been confirmed by Playground that real rally racing is not in the game.

Welcome, enjoy your stay.

Thought i'd get a lot of hate for buying a bone. But it's not a bad console. Just hate the UI.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
If Horizon 2 on the 360 turns out as good as the first one I'll likely get it too as well as the X1 version.
It's a different map so different races and routes.

Woah, I did not know that. I'll have to check that out.

If Horizon 2 on the 360 turns out as good as the first one I'll likely get it too as well as the X1 version.
It's a different map so different races and routes.

Don't forget about the custom soundtrack. Its the only reason why I've kept my 360 pre order.

watership

Thought i'd get a lot of hate for buying a bone. But it's not a bad console. Just hate the UI.

Where would you get hate from? It's a console, not a moral stand. :)

The UI has a learning curve for sure. Do you just dislike the look, or functionality?

ikariX

Banned
Where would you get hate from? It's a console, not a moral stand. :)

The UI has a learning curve for sure. Do you just dislike the look, or functionality?

A bit of both. For instance seeing achievements isn't simple etc. the UI feels like a mess to me. But overall I like the Xbox One. PS4 is still godlike to me. But why not have both

Megasoum

Banned
A bit of both. For instance seeing achievements isn't simple etc. the UI feels like a mess to me. But overall I like the Xbox One. PS4 is still godlike to me. But why not have both

The UI/UX has been updated A LOT since launch. It's still not perfect but I prefer to have constant updates like on XB1 than one update every 6 months on PS4 that does almost nothing.

Honestly the only problem Ive had with the X1's interface has been snap. I thought that was awful. So unintuitive. The new snap center fixes pretty much all those issues for me

Top Bottom