• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

arhra

Why don't we talk about the game?

Such as, achievements. I'm not getting this game day one but I liked the demo. I decided (and I hope I stick to this decision) that I'm not paying $70 day one for any retail games anymore, so I'll wait for a price drop.

But I am interested in the achievements. How much of a grind will the 1000/1000 be? How fun were the achievements in Forza Horizon 1?

http://www.trueachievements.com/Forza-Horizon-2-Xbox-One/achievements.htm

The grindiest ones seem to be multiplayer-oriented. 200 multiplayer events, earn 1,000,000cr from Rivals events, etc.

Gestault

Did Minus.com decrease its file limit from 15 mb to 5mb? A cursory google search didn't give any answers, and I know the 5 mb is below what I've posted in the past.

Megasoum

Banned
What feels different compared to F5?

Well I think it's not necessarly the FFB's fault but obviously going off road is a very different experience than doing circuit racing in FM5.

So, for the most part, street racing was ok in H2 but the moment I went off road it was almost impossible to drive. I switched the steering from simluation to whatever is the other setting and it helped a lot but still. Quickly turning the wheel from lock to lock trying to keep it under control in a turn in the middle of vineyard is really really tough lol.

Reducing the steering angle helps obviously (I played at 600 for a while) but I find the wheel to be really stiff when not set to 900. Lots of return to center.

ipNXrMfYpVhPI.gif

This is fucking incredible.

Awesome OT! That was my favourite suggestion.

So guys is Forza Horizon cool or what....

it looks hella cool and genuinely fun. I've never been into Forza but Horizon's less sim-like approach has me pretty interested, the visuals are stellar, and the game just bleeds ambition and polish. It's one of three games that has me seriously considering picking up an Xbone soon (alongside SO and MCC).

Asking again: are tunings sharable like liveries are at car meets?

I am pretty sure they are. I remember a video where they said you can instantly grab someone's tune and livery from them at the car meets.

Speaking of the Car Clubs and such, what name do we have reserved Helios? And what do we have to do to start the club? Will there be people in charge of it?

Caayn

Oh wow you get exp from taking photos? sounds great
Like as in TDU2? Where you need to be at specific spots/time of day/car?
Title changed, I picked the most favorite from the demo OT.
Nice one, although I still find it sad that the old one was "forced" to be replaced. After all the crying in this thread I expect that there won't be any jabs whatsoever coming form the DriveClub threads towards FH2.

HeliosT10

I am pretty sure they are. I remember a video where they said you can instantly grab someone's tune and livery from them at the car meets.

Speaking of the Car Clubs and such, what name do we have reserved Helios? And what do we have to do to start the club? Will there be people in charge of it?

Speak to p3tran bud, he's got it covered I believe.

Well I think it's not necessarly the FFB's fault but obviously going off road is a very different experience than doing circuit racing in FM5.

So, for the most part, street racing was ok in H2 but the moment I went off road it was almost impossible to drive. I switched the steering from simluation to whatever is the other setting and it helped a lot but still. Quickly turning the wheel from lock to lock trying to keep it under control in a turn in the middle of vineyard is really really tough lol.

Reducing the steering angle helps obviously (I played at 600 for a while) but I find the wheel to be really stiff when not set to 900. Lots of return to center.

I remember being far, far slower in Horizon 1 on a wheel than when using a pad, sounds like it's gonna be the same this time around.

Still the only way I'll play!

Anion

Awesome man, I will have the game at midnight on Monday night so I will PM you the code as soon as I get back from the store. Thanks for trading!
Definitely, however, I ordered it online from them so it will come 2 days after launch. So, if you want it at launch, I guess you can find someone else who will be able to get you the code earlier.

The_Monk

Amazing OT, well done fellow GAFfer.

FORZAGAF is an amazing Community and I have great, fond, warm memories from many in here while a played Forza 4 and the first Horizon. I still have both Steelbooks and some goodies that arrived on mail, once.

Helios does an incredible job and it's great to see him posting on GAF.

Always loved Forza and I can't wait to lurk for some impressions from you all, fine people. Unfortunately I still can't purchase an Xbox One, otherwise I would be all over FORZA 5 and most of all, Horizon 2. Can't wait for pictures, gifs/videos and lot's and lot's of relaxing moments while raining inside the car.

Some GAFfers already took some of their time to post some rainy gifs and clips I had previously asked in the Demo OT so I'm very thankful for that. Please enjoy the game people and also, keep this OT updated with many, many eye candy shots for those who for budget reasons had to keep their cars in the garage and won't be able to join with you all on the road! :)

:')

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
NeoGaf:

1000's of posts making fun of the Xbox One's Japan launch: playful banter
OT title of a thread calling out another game: too far

Love it!

Anyways, OT:

Can't fucking wait for this game (and Driveclub because I can take a joke...).

I can't believe all those photo shops are seen as Ok yet a title causes so much upset. I did like the photo shops. Plus I liked the title. It totally deals like double standards on here :/

Definitely, however, I ordered it online from them so it will come 2 days after launch. So, if you want it at launch, I guess you can find someone else who will be able to get you the code earlier.

Haha, I can wait two days no problem. I just didn't want to wait for them to be available as DLC because that usually takes months.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I can't believe all those photo shops are seen as Ok yet a title causes so much upset. I did like the photo shops. Plus I liked the title. It totally deals like double standards on here :/

Stop. Focus on FH2. I think the game looks great. Rain and that train gif is good.

Raven77

This is fucking incredible.

Awesome OT! That was my favourite suggestion.

It would be a lot more incredible without the line. Takes away from the immersion and makes it so that instead of feeling like you have to find your own way through the dark forest, you're just following the guides.

Can this be turned off?

VinFTW

Yup... upsetting.

Tough being a multi-console owner. I feel bi-polar coming on here sometimes :/

Bessy67

It would be a lot more incredible without the line. Takes away from the immersion and makes it so that instead of feeling like you have to find your own way through the dark forest, you're just following the guides.

Can this be turned off?
Yeah. You can have the line on totally, have it just show where you need to brake, or have it off.

Can this be turned off?

Yup! The line can be completely turned off as can the HUD. It is usually one of the first things I do when I get the game.

TheF1BOB

Banned
*checks calendar*

FUCK. Its still a week away guys.

*whistles*

*checks calendar again*

Absolutely, and I never use it myself in any of the Forza games. But that gif does make me wonder whether the line will always chart a course between and around the trees.

DeLorean_Launch.gif

Lucky you, it's a week and 3 days for me.

what the fuck...

WHAT DA FUCK IS THIS?!?!?!

*goes to wiki page*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

D:

Top Bottom