• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

jesu

I keep winning Subaru's tonight, not that I mind!
And I just got a Lamborghini Murcelago, my reward for seeing off Petran :)

Daffy Duck

If I won a HE car off the auction house that's tuned, if I click remove time by previous owner will it just default to the standard HE car? I'm not sure what the guy added but it tops out at 220 mph and I'm sure it can do better.

It's the Hurrican.

Hip Hop

If I won a HE car off the auction house that's tuned, if I click remove time by previous owner will it just default to the standard HE car? I'm not sure what the guy added but it tops out at 220 mph and I'm sure it can do better.

It's the Hurrican.

Yeah, it's gonna go back to default HE. Don't know if you get to keep the parts though, haven't looked at that yet.

The Argus

Is there a way to refresh the auction house outside of exiting the menu? I keep getting bid failures because the auction ended before I could even get in.

Man, the little kid in me was so happy when I got this car.. Not exactly the same model as the series, but close enough.

30052394405_41af5c0c9b_b.jpg

StMeph

Been playing this game almost non-stop for the last two days. Joined the GAF club (still need to find and add myself to the spreadsheet).

I originally thought I would like the cityscape/Surfer's Paradise the most, but it turns out that Yarra Valley is the best part of the whole game.

I just build the Abart 131 to original Rally specs (as close as the game allows for). Looked up ride height, torque, power, kind of spring constants those cars had and guessed a few other settings to make it feel right.

The problem though: with the original gear ratios, it wasn't competetive on any of the stages I drove it on as it maxes out at under 100mph in 5th gear.
Are there any slow off-road stages with lots of tight corners in the game? I'd be happy about any suggestions.
(if there are some good tracks, I might make some more original spec tunes and post them in here with pictures and some details on guesses and workarounds)

Megasoum

Banned
Am I the only one who really doesn't care about the perks? I'm seriously having a though time finding stuff I want to unlock.

The only exception so far is the drone since it's a godsend for Barn Finds.

RyudBoy

I love this game but I get stuck on rocks and shit way too often, and the only way I can get out is by fast traveling somewhere or restarting the game.

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about the perks? I'm seriously having a though time finding stuff I want to unlock.

The only exception so far is the drone since it's a godsend for Barn Finds.
Unlock the skill perks first. You will gain skill points like crazy and that'll make it easier to just spend them on whatever. Other than that, fast travel anywhere and credit wheelspins are good ones to unlock.

psychotron

Framerate is fine on the Xbox, strange.

Not for me. Was great the first few hours then the game developed a stutter when not in an official race. Drift challenges and drivatar faceoffs all have had the stutter pop up from time to time. I don't know what causes it because I did the Goliath race and it was fine the whole time, so maybe it has to do with the game loading traffic or refreshing drivatars. My OCD is killing me over it too...really hurting my enjoyment of the game.

Here's one example....stutter hits 22 seconds in.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/deathrattlehead/video/21906159

Revas

I have high expectations for every Forza, but FH3 is just kind of blowing me away right now. I'm much more of a Motorsport guy but a few hours in they've seemingly outdone themselves with this one.

I wish I had more luck in these damn wheel spins lol.

I'm level 72, only won a few cars and have about 2.5 million credits. Haven't bought much either :(

leng jai

I hope they patch in an option to have hood/chase cam audio while in cockpit view like DriveClub did. The engines sound really weak in cockpit view which sucks sen if it's more realistic.

So is the online just not working in PC? Keep trying to join an online adventure, it finds a session but when I hit join session nothing happens.

KRaZyAmmo

Has anyone been having trouble with drift sections? Drivatars and traffic are always in the way. Also where can I sign up for the spreadsheet?

Cheddahz

Banned
after playing for an hour or so, i can def. say that i'm having a lot more fun with this one than horizon 2! i think the variety of locations in the world are helping out a whole lot

Does this game have global illumination? When I drive in the Outback during the day my car has a noticeable orange glow to its sides and it's not just reflections. The colour of the car changes in bright scenarios which I think is a telltale sign of GI.

If true that might be part of why it looks so real.

Has anyone been having trouble with drift sections? Drivatars and traffic are always in the way. Also where can I sign up for the spreadsheet?
I was at first but tuning has helped tremendously. I enjoy competing against friends with drift stunts especially.

Enjoying the game enough. How is multi? Can you just drive around for fun? Or is it limited to races?
Yeah you can do everything online. Co op is a lot of fun. Me and my friends just like to travel to each PR stunt together and compete in those.

leng jai

Seriously what's up with the different racing cameras in this game? Sometimes cockpit view looks way darker than the others (sometimes it's fine) and hood cam has completely different colour timing compared to chase camera. Is it just my setup?

KRaZyAmmo

I was at first but tuning has helped tremendously. I enjoy competing against friends with drift stunts especially.
I've been constantly adjusting my tune for my hachiroku to try to get a consistent and controllable slide. but sometimes the drivatar and traffic in the section breaks up my line.

I've been constantly adjusting my tune for my hachiroku to try to get a consistent and controllable slide. but sometimes the drivatar and traffic in the section breaks up my line.
I started with an 86 too and it was fine for most locations. Clean drifts are hard to do with the traffic. I've moved on to EK9 that has helped me avoid traffic during drifting. I can sort of avoid traffic now with my 86 but it's been easier with the EK9.

KRaZyAmmo

I started with an 86 too and it was fine for most locations. Clean drifts are hard to do with the traffic. I've moved on to EK9 that has helped me avoid traffic during drifting. I can sort of avoid traffic now with my 86 but it's been easier with the EK9.

I gotta try out the EK9 now. how is your tire pressure on the EK9?

Can someone throw me an invite to the GAF club? Gamertag is the same as my GAF username.

Man, I wish drift challenges weren't impossible with traction control on. I need it on so I can drive any S2 class car reliably.

bumpkin

Derp... So I declined the free trial to "Groove" and now it's like my radio is stuck on it (and now no music). I've tried pressing left on the d-pad to change stations but it's not doing anything. Am I missing something?

chixdiggit

Standard ,Deluxe, or Ultimate? I am sure this has been asked but am having a hard time understanding the real difference between the versions.
What is the best bet for the money?

Top Bottom