• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Daffy Duck

Great, I tried to bid on a car, lost and now I've lost just over 800,000 credits.

FML

Edit. Nope, you actually have to go back into the auction when it's finished to get your credits back, seems silly.

terrible

Banned
So I've been playing racing games most of my life and yesterday I was playing this and I was having huge problems with this one race in Surfer's. Tons of tight turns and I just kept losing ground at each one.

So, the way I've always played racing games is when I reach the corner, I hold down the brake and then let go when it's time to exit. This time, however, I decided to tap the brake several times at the apex instead of holding it down.

I swear I shaved like SECONDS off each corner doing it this way. Is this how everyone just naturally knows how to play racing games or am I just doing some weird thing that only happens to work for me?

Also, I'm playing auto not manual, controller not wheel.

I know this isn't a straight up sim but a lot of real-life things still apply to the game. Tires can only grip so much. Turning, braking, accelerating, etc all put stress on the tires. Braking and turning at the same time will push your tires to their limit more than just doing one of those things at time. Braking in a straight line before a turn is probably the most beginner friendly way of doing things. ABS will help too if you're just slamming the brakes.

I think the racing line does a lot of hurt newer players since it always tells you to brake while cornering. That's a bit of an advanced technique.

You're effectively mimicking what ABS is supposed to do, braking in increments to let the wheels move and not lock up.

It depends on the entry speed into a corner but it can certainly be beneficial as you're free to get back on the throttle quicker and have less risk of overbraking.

Yeah I think it feels like I have just a little more control.

SliChillax

Great, I tried to bid on a car, lost and now I've lost just over 800,000 credits.

FML

That's not how bids work. You reclaim the money of the auction if you do not win. The reason why it takes your money in the first place it's like insurance in case you win.

Fox Mulder

If you're running GC over and over why not just set it to multiple laps?

The game seens to break on long races for me.

I just did a four lap GC, and the AI goes stupid by lap 2 and the radio stations either stops working or plays the same song for like 8 minutes.

Duxxy3

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Duxxy/video/22002113

tumblr_lu9178msAX1r0hcxjo1_250.gif

I'm still laughing.

Cyanity

Banned
Just did a 3 lap goliath with a rando from free roam. We kept stopping for each other if someone spun out, honking whenever someone passed the other. Best half hour of fun I've had in a while.

Daffy Duck

Just did a 3 lap goliath with a rando from free roam. We kept stopping for each other if someone spun out, then honking whenever passing. Definitely the most fun I've had with videogames in a while.

Do you get more XP doing it in free roam? How do you start a free roam race?

Cyanity

Banned
Do you get more XP doing it in free roam? How do you start a free roam race?

All you have to do is drive to the race start while in online free roam. As long as no one is setting up an event or currently driving in one, then you can start an event like the Goliath run.

edit - I'll be on for the next hour or two if anyone wants to do some free roam. Add "cyanity" ingame!

GHG

The final showdown... that was it? Are you serious?

Come on Playground, you're better than this.

bbd23

well this is my first forza game and first driving game since like gran turismo on the PS1. all the tuning stuff is going straight over my head but im just listening to anna and doing the races which seem really fun. game looks beautiful on PC.

Hugstable

Banned
Is any of the DLC stuff worth it? Was one of the lucky ones yesterday and got the 20$ Standard Edition and was checking into DLC stuff and saw a VIP pass for 20$, a car pass for 30$, and a 10$ car pack (is that included in the 30$ pass?)

What is VIP? Is there any new tracks or things worth getting in there? For Car Pass is there anyway to know what cars are coming? Does it also include the cars from that 10$ pack? Same for 10$ pass in wanting to know what cars are included in that.

Korezo

The drifting and steering handles of the game is making me hate the game. Or maybe its the unstable shit mess fps on pc is making driving these cars unfun.
Why is there traffic on driftzones, everytime I'm a 3 star a damn incoming car appears.

purg3

slept with Malkin
at what point can you search and join clubs? I just unlocked the 3rd festival site and Clubs are still greyed out in my menu?

Gaz_RB

The drifting and steering handles of the game is making me hate the game. Or maybe its the unstable shit mess fps on pc is making driving these cars unfun.
Why is there traffic on driftzones, everytime I'm a 3 star a damn incoming car appears.

It's all about the car. I hated the drifting til I found a correctly tuned car and then it was a dream. Not every car is a drift car.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Traffic in drift zones might be the worst part of the entire game.

The drifting took a while to click for me, the NSX and late model Ferraris do well. Don't forget to turn the assists off.

LQX

Ugh, I'm in love. This game is so fun and has been fun since the first race as you started off with a decent car. So much to do and you can do it whenever you want which is what is really amazing about this game.

Also, I never really liked Burnout Paradise but I can see Paradise fans really loving this game.

GHG

Someone just bought out my HE Huracan auction for the full 5.5 million lmao.

I love the auction house.

terrible

Banned
Someone just bought out my HE Huracan auction for the full 5.5 million lmao.

I love the auction house.

I put an Elise I had a double of in the auction house and it sold for more than it costs in the autoshow. It had the default tune and paint too.

GHG

What are the best expensive cars to buy in the game?

Just got the Centenario. What else should I be looking at?

Fox Mulder

The final showdown... that was it? Are you serious?

Come on Playground, you're better than this.

The last two games had the finale be a race around the entire map. Wonder why they changed. The entire campaign was flat really. The first one had distinct racers your went up against, the second had that Ben douche, but this one had nothing. You didn't even have to win anything besides the showcase events.

The Goliath circuit is even buried in events that have to be unlocked by upgrading a location to tier 5. I would have never noticed it if I didn't read about it here.

Top Bottom