• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

terrible

Banned
What are the best expensive cars to buy in the game?

Just got the Centenario. What else should I be looking at?

The D Type Jag can be tuned to hit 300 MPH. I almost bought it but that's a lot of money. I think it's almost 3 million.

terrible

Banned
Hmmm... is it fun to drive though.

Yeh I've noticed that car is dominating the highway speed traps but does it actua'ly have any other uses?

With a different tune it's probably not a bad overall car. It looks awesome too. I haven't used it though so I'm just guessing here.

eek5

So I've been playing racing games most of my life and yesterday I was playing this and I was having huge problems with this one race in Surfer's. Tons of tight turns and I just kept losing ground at each one.

So, the way I've always played racing games is when I reach the corner, I hold down the brake and then let go when it's time to exit. This time, however, I decided to tap the brake several times at the apex instead of holding it down.

I swear I shaved like SECONDS off each corner doing it this way. Is this how everyone just naturally knows how to play racing games or am I just doing some weird thing that only happens to work for me?

Also, I'm playing auto not manual, controller not wheel.
If you're running with ABS off using controller try holding the trigger near the top instead of at the bottom. It lets you use pressure to adjust your braking instead of travel distance.

Maaaan I still haven't got my Warthog after redeeming my code a week ago, I doubt I would even drive it much but it would be nice to add to my collection :(

I'm doing what I always do and buy a Datsun 510 and soup it up to S1 class :)

louiedog

Maaaan I still haven't got my Warthog after redeeming my code a week ago, I doubt I would even drive it much but it would be nice to add to my collection :(

I'm doing what I always do and buy a Datsun 510 and soup it up to S1 class :)

I couldn't access mine. It was installed, I tried doing the Bucket List challenge with it which some people reported causing it to appear, etc. Nothing worked. Finally I just turned on my Xbox one day and it popped up a message saying the Warthog was ready, meaning downloaded, even though I'm 100% sure it was previously. After that it worked.

I didn't do anything to trigger mine, but if yours is already downloaded maybe try deleting and redownloading it.

elelunicy

Is it a known-bug with the PC version that Photomode seems to drop the resolutions to something like 720p?

It's denpendent on the window size when you first started the game. Start the game in fullscreen -> the photomode works fine. Start the game in a small window and then resize to fullscreen -> the photomode is stuck in that small window's resolution.

is it installed?

I couldn't access mine. It was installed, I tried doing the Bucket List challenge with it which some people reported causing it to appear, etc. Nothing worked. Finally I just turned on my Xbox one day and it popped up a message saying the Warthog was ready, meaning downloaded, even though I'm 100% sure it was previously. After that it worked.

I didn't do anything to trigger mine, but if yours is already downloaded maybe try deleting and redownloading it.

How would I check that on PC? I can't find anything about dlc :/ I could set my X1 to download the whole game + warthog but I have no space on it atm :p

Kickz

Guys I need help, I just bought Forza H3 standard on Microsoft site, but I don't know how to install it. It says on the Microsoft site "you own this"

What do I need to do next?

Edit.. never mind, got it downloading now :)

Klocker

Damn. These HE cars are so much fun... I have nine now and have owned them all at one point.. several multiple times as it's amazing to keep buying them low and selling high...lol. won 3-4 on wheel spins

I have too many cars though so I am dumping some. Like to keep it to 30-40 top tier cars. Each is so different to drive and I have played so many Forza games where my garage becomes a collector's bin but never drove them.

Have barely scratched the surface of opening up festivals ...level 109 with couple million dollars and I'm just doing mostly street races challenges, skill hooning and Rivals

Fyi if you haven't opened up Goliath yet you can always race it in rivals mode and as far as I can tell still get most of the points end credits that you get in single player.

This game is outstanding the best I've ever seen and the auction house returning is just icing on the cake

Only gripe with auction house is it limits the number of auctions you can put up with in a time frame so I had five or six auctions and then I could not post another one for about 6 to 10 hours I believe

GWX

Added my Gamertag to the spreadsheet. Am I set for GAF in-game club?

Since I have no friends on Xbox Live whatsoever, I added the only two other brazilians I found on the spreadsheet :)

edit: it seems the in-game club is set to open. Just joined!

corin7

Neo Member
Ugh, I'm in love. This game is so fun and has been fun since the first race as you started off with a decent car. So much to do and you can do it whenever you want which is what is really amazing about this game.

This so much this. Just have a shit eating grin on my face the entire time I am playing this.

neurophd

Why are some races showing as "new" for me when I have already won in exhibition? Also some races are providing option of pressing Y ton"Quit Championship" but I can't figure out what is the next race in the championship. I'm in Outback Level 3

Ugh, I'm in love. This game is so fun and has been fun since the first race as you started off with a decent car. So much to do and you can do it whenever you want which is what is really amazing about this game.

Also, I never really liked Burnout Paradise but I can see Paradise fans really loving this game.

I think starting out with a decent car hooked me in. I got to choose the BMW as my first and I was down.

peteeM

Why are some races showing as "new" for me when I have already won in exhibition? Also some races are providing option of pressing Y ton"Quit Championship" but I can't figure out what is the next race in the championship. I'm in Outback Level 3

It will say "new" until you complete both the exhibition and championship for that race.
To find your next championship race, try filtering the map. There's an option to only show current championship or something like that.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Well fuck, me and a buddy just did 10 laps of Goliath with the hardest A.I. We both got to lap 9 and decided we both needed a quick bathroom break since we had lapped the A.I and it would take them a good 10 mins to catch us. I could still see my TV since its in the next room and it kicked me out in like 10 seconds of no activity. :\

I don't mind the timer but 10 seconds seems way too short, what if the pad disconnected and needed charging or new batteries? I'm glad I play wired.

I even hit the A button with like 1 second on the pop up but nope too late. Shoud've held out. :(

T.O.P

Banned
Well fuck, me and a buddy just did 10 laps of Goliath with the hardest A.I. We both got to lap 9 and decided we both needed a quick bathroom break. I could still see my TV and it kicked me out in like 10 seconds of no activity. :\

I don't mind the timer but 10 seconds seems way too short, what if the pad disconnected and needed charging or new batteries? I'm glad I play wired.

I bring the controller with me while peeing and press RT every once in a while

Takin no chances with Goliath

Chiggs

Gold Member
That one was so hard for me. I kept missing it by like 5-6 seconds. My path ended up being going straight to the highway since I could go max speed the whole way there even though the path was a bit longer.

It took me 14 tries to get it right. Same for me as with you, 5-6 seconds too slow.

jesu

Those Horizon Edition XP cars don't give double XP in online adventure do they?
I ask because I just played a session where half the people were using that XP Jag.
Would fuck up the online portion if so.

Which is fucking great btw, pure mayhem, I love it.

peteeM

I ask because I just played a session where half the people were using that XP Jag.

They do for some reason.
Completely ruins the XP Championship.

zorbsie

It's denpendent on the window size when you first started the game. Start the game in fullscreen -> the photomode works fine. Start the game in a small window and then resize to fullscreen -> the photomode is stuck in that small window's resolution.

How do you set that up? My game always starts in a small window and auto resizes itself to full screen midway through the Turn 10 logo.

How do you set that up? My game always starts in a small window and auto resizes itself to full screen midway through the Turn 10 logo.
I'm not sure if that's true anyway. Mine starts up practically full screen but with borders + visible taskbar, then it goes fully full screen during the logos and I still have the same bug, so I'm not sure that that's the determining factor.

Strider

They do. It's dumb.

I love this game and online adventure is great fun but a couple of the design decisions are just... ugh.

XP determining final standings is just.......

zorbsie

I'm not sure if that's true anyway. Mine starts up practically full screen but with borders + visible taskbar, then it goes fully full screen during the logos and I still have the same bug, so I'm not sure that that's the determining factor.

Wasn't sure if it was. Glad it's not just me with the way this game starts on PC.

B00TE

Been playing co-op for the last 3 or 4 hours now. Just so much fun, we've gotten screwed by checkpoints more than a few times but still.

Just joined the GAF club!

rakanishu

Banned
img_098545sxy.jpg

Had a nice local co-op session with a fellow gaffer today :) PC vs XB1, and it worked perfectly. Before anyone asks he brought his own disc version, and was signed into his own account, so I don't know anything about sharing the same version between platforms.

Invis

Had a nice local co-op session with a fellow gaffer today :) PC vs XB1, and it worked perfectly. Before anyone asks he brought his own disc version, and was signed into his own account, so I don't know anything about sharing the same version between platforms.

Nice GiantBomb cup in the background!

Also if it starts to really bother you, you can lower your MSAA setting to get rid of those artifacts on the right side.

rakanishu

Banned
Nice GiantBomb cup in the background!

Also if it starts to really bother you, you can lower your MSAA setting to get rid of those artifacts on the ride side.

Ah, I didn't know that MSAA caused that, but it really doesn't bother me much. I sit so close to the monitor that is in my peripheral vision anyway, but thanks for the tip :)

marrec

Banned
So now that I finally have this thing running decently, I hooked it up to my TV at 4k and oh my oh my what a pretty game.

The Argus

This game is so addicting. I love being able to do what I want, since I suck at drifting I've been avoiding those events yet still progressing, leveling up and making bucks.

This may be my favorite racer ever. Been playing on both my Xbox One and PC, beautiful on both.

Top Bottom