• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Strider

Any thoughts on the handling from Xbone players? I'm on PC and I've gotten rid of the input lag in all the ways I can, but it still feels really heavy. I have inner deadzone set at 100 as well. I can be going 150mph and still need to push my stick all the way to the left for small adjustments, and then I tend to spin out. At this point I'm wondering if that's just the way the cars control.

You want the inner deadzone on 0 not 100.

You're making your problem worse if you're having trouble making small adjustments.

So I see that the Jaguar XJ220 is on the game's car list...but how do I get it? Couldn't find it for sale in the auction house. Am I being dumb?

DirtyLarry

When you're drifting and the rear of your car taps the wall, not hard enough to break the skill combo but enough to hear a bump noise. It's a pretty hard move to pull off, hence it being worth 6,000 for a single one after that perk.
Damn. Thanks. Yeah now I wish I never unlocked that perk. That sounds incredibly hard and like something I will only pull off by accident.

I am still having issues getting the 2 XP boards on their own by the beach at the cliffs. I think they are my last 2. Just constantly messing up the jump to get to the cliff itself.

terrible

Banned
My drivatar lineup is glitched or something. I've had to reject 18 in a row because they've been worse than what I already have. Please just give me one person that isn't a low level.

So I see that the Jaguar XJ220 is on the game's car list...but how do I get it? Couldn't find it for sale in the auction house. Am I being dumb?

Maybe nobody is selling one right now. It's in the regular autoshow though. 350,000 credits.

Miker

The faster you're going the less you'll turn even at full lock.

Inside deadzone should be 0 and outside deadzone should be 100 though.

You want the inner deadzone on 0 not 100.

You're making your problem worse if you're having trouble making small adjustments.

Yeah I have my deadzones at 0 and 100. I'm just trying to figure out if it's really the input lag that's throwing me off or me not being used to more sim-style handling.

Ultimadrago

Does anyone use the Dymanic Optimization Option in the Settings (Windows 10)?

I'm working with a Low-Mid range card, so I'm wondering if I should just keep it on.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Man, there is still some shitty design choices that drive me up the wall. 1) I hate that if I want to cruise in a car of my choice, then enter a random event using a different car, I don't even have the option of returning to the car I was driving and instead am stuck with that events turd till i find a festival or fast travel to one. 2) why on my mini map are there new championship events shown but when I arrive there the championship is locked? 3) why are all or stunts and events "unknown" or "New routes" till you drive to them? Would be far more user friendly if the map just said what the fuck they were. I can't tell you how many times I've slowly approached an unknown or stunt expecting to switch to another car for something only to find it be a speed camera. Wtf.

When I take screenshots and videos via the xbox app in Windows 10 they don't get published to the feed like they would on Xbox, is there an additional step I need to take?

Dubz

I was at first but tuning has helped tremendously. I enjoy competing against friends with drift stunts especially.

Yeah you can do everything online. Co op is a lot of fun. Me and my friends just like to travel to each PR stunt together and compete in those.
What is an ideal tune for drifting?

Man, there is still some shitty design choices that drive me up the wall. 1) I hate that if I want to cruise in a car of my choice, then enter a random event using a different car, I don't even have the option of returning to the car I was driving and instead am stuck with that events turd till i find a festival or fast travel to one. 2) why on my mini map are there new championship events shown but when I arrive there the championship is locked? 3) why are all or stunts and events "unknown" or "New routes" till you drive to them? Would be far more user friendly if the map just said what the fuck they were. I can't tell you how many times I've slowly approached an unknown or stunt expecting to switch to another car for something only to find it be a speed camera. Wtf.

You can create your own event there and use the car you currently have.

You can get a car delivered to you anywhere

Do I need to figure out tuning? I've been completely ignoring it since I don't really have any idea what any of it does. I've just been throwing auto upgrades on my vehicles and leaving it at that.

Hip Hop

Do I need to figure out tuning? I've been completely ignoring it since I don't really have any idea what any of it does. I've just been throwing auto upgrades on my vehicles and leaving it at that.
No, you don't, it's optional. Auto is completely fine.

Banjo

I turned on my PC to keep downloading the game. I already downloaded like 30GB, pressed the resume button and it went back to 0 GB.
-.-

Dackelbein

Just returned from my vacation and finally able to play Horizon - First thing I did after returning from 12 hr flight was turning on my XBox and downloading Horizon - quite sad :)

Could someone throw me a club-invite ? (added myself to the spreadsheet already)
Thanks in advance.

GT: Camillo II

Hip Hop

I turned on my PC to keep downloading the game. I already downloaded like 30GB, pressed the resume button and it went back to 0 GB.
-.-

hmm

I thought that was updated, or so I read it somewhere.

Seems like still no fix for that :(

eek5

Where exactly is this race and when do you unlock it? I have the desert festival(Outback) on level 4 and I cannot find this race.

It's outback level 5. You're almost there.

0oZIkIn.jpg

fN3q6gK.jpg

So I did 45 min (35 laps) of the figure 8. Seems pretty decent. I was using a drift bonus car but I think a skills bonus might be better since you'd get 12000 per drift tap. Need to tune a skills car and try again.

Came in 12th place. Just drifted the whole time. Was pretty fun.

edit: skill boost is better. you can exploit the shit out of drift tap if you are good enough at drifting. I just ride the white line close to the wall and initiate drift then slide in and tap the wall. 12k per wall you can do it like 3-6x per lap depending on your skill level and how risky you want to get

RRKr05H.jpg

35 laps about 53 min

Hip Hop

Got all the fast travel boards then went to do all the roads. Got down to 3 more and had to "cheat". I loadead up the image in photoshop and did a select color range on the color #9e9e9e lmao

Fast travelling all over the place for free feels good man.

I think I might start doing the figure 8 race instead of goliath. With triple xp perk you can just drift it in 12th place all relaxed-like and come away with a ton of xp at the end. The walls make it super easy to get drift taps too so I just drift tap one wall then drift half the 8, bank, then do it again on the other side

Is it shorter length time or about the same than goliath?

Edit: nvm you answered it already

So what do I have to do to get loads of cash? I can't afford one of those 2x credit cars. I have Byron up to lvl 5 so I can do that Goliath circuit, but it doesn't seem to give me a ton of money. What's the best way to earn money so I can buy more auction stuff?

terrible

Banned
So what do I have to do to get loads of cash? I can't afford one of those 2x credit cars. I have Byron up to lvl 5 so I can do that Goliath circuit, but it doesn't seem to give me a ton of money. What's the best way to earn money so I can buy more auction stuff?
It's all about getting tons of XP and making a ton of money from the wheelspins I think, that's why the HE F-Type on Goliath is so good.

psychotron

Seriously tired of the stuttering in my XB1 version. Races are fine for the most part, but outside of that I get shit like this...

Last 10 seconds shows it.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/deathrattlehead/video/22030094

22 seconds in, just after entering the tunnel...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/deathrattlehead/video/22030244

I was just screwing around in this one, but sure enough it stuttered....25 seconds in appx.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/deathrattlehead/video/22030285

I've tried an external 7200rpm drive, the internal drive, unplugging the system, reinstalling the game....nothing works. All other games work flawlessly. This is a brand new XB1S.

Tweeted Playground and Forza accounts several times with zero response. Feeling shitty for spending $100 on this now.

peteeM

Seriously tired of the stuttering in my XB1 version. Races are fine for the most part, but outside of that I get shit like this...

Getting that same shit here. I hope they are aware people are having this problem and can fix it with an update.
Also happens in online races for me and has ruined a few.

desu

For anyone struggeling with drifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OATd-ugm7s

I didn't put too much time into it before but the car + tune has really made it easy for me so far. Finished like 10 Drift Zones in the last minutes, mostly just needing 1-3 tries to beat them (as long as there were not 100 cars in the corners).

eek5

Is it shorter length time or about the same than goliath?

Edit: nvm you answered it already

You can do it however long you want. If you're racing I think it's 55 second laps. If you're just drifting it's about 1:30s depending on your tune. I like drifting because it's pretty relaxed. I'm doing way more xp/hr than goliath but it might have to do with my inability to bank huge skill bonuses.

Oh one nice thing about this is that in 50 min I was able to get 90 skill points (about 3 per lap). Pretty awesome lol

psychotron

Getting that same shit here. I hope they are aware people are having this problem and can fix it with an update.
Also happens in online races for me and has ruined a few.

I haven't seen much about it here on GAF, but I did find others when googling the issue. I never thought performance would be an issue in a Playground game. So disappointed, especially because the game is absolutely amazing in every other area....I just can't take freezing like this.

purg3

slept with Malkin
yay I'm in the club now. lol @petran that message on the notice board

Also unlocked the Goliath course and just did a 3 lapper. All that xp/money/wheelspins, doesn't hurt that it's a fun route to drive either.

Congrats!

Nicely done! I'm close behind you. Only have 10 or so more championships to do. Don't forget the Forzathon challenges start this month too.

Thanks, both. Annoyingly there's a glitch in the game some people have where their Landmarks get stuck on 19/21 (Outback and Yarra Valley text are missing on my map) so in the game I actually have 99.9% completion.

Other than that, yeah, I'm looking forward to Forzathon and the S14.

omgkitty

I just beat the final race in Forza Horizon 2 (the first one), and am wondering if I should pick up the Storm Island DLC or just skip straight to FH3?

Top Bottom