• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

The Argus

Blew almost 200,000 credits on acquiring and upgrading the 1953 Corvette. I love it so much even though it's hardly the best car in the classic/cult races.

I have the worst luck with the spin the wheel freebies. Only car I won has been the Local Motors Rally Fighter, which is awesome, but I'm getting sick of winning the lowest credit options :(

desu

Thanks, both. Annoyingly there's a glitch in the game some people have where their Landmarks get stuck on 19/21 (Outback and Yarra Valley text are missing on my map)

Wait so its a glitch? I've been like everywhere and I have 19/21 and was always wondering how that was possible. Good to know.

Damn... this is just a reminder of how slow I play these games. I've yet to 100% any of 'em! Nice work, in any case. :)

Thanks, I've still yet to 100% Horizon 2 due to some of the co-op content. Never 100%ed a Motorsport title either because there's always some silly hard one.

I wish there was more fun stuff to unlock in the skill shop.

2016-10-024d5z7b.png

Same, I've always thought the free wheelspin one should be a consumable you can keep buying. Even price it high like 25 points just to let us burn them.

Wait so its a glitch? I've been like everywhere and I have 19/21 and was always wondering how that was possible. Good to know.

Yeah, I've driven exactly where Outback and Yarra Valley SHOULD be on the map but still nothing. I dunno if any devs have taken notice but it'd be nice to hear something.

RoKKeR

Just beat Bucket List #23 where you take the Audio Quattro from the Outback into the city in like 2 and a half minutes... lots of rage in between the start and finish but I managed to sneak past the finish line.

KYZR

yi02oejhc3px.png

Finished my Blue Team inspired warthog earlier. Props to all the painters who make complex vinyl groups with thousands of layers - the insignia on the side took me ages, and I only used just over 100!

Online is plotting against me! Any time I start to get a good couple of races it then crashes my game. Blerg! I'll still go back because it's good for mining wheel sounds and perk points.

The Argus

Auctions in this game are frustrating. Having my meager cash tied up in an auction until it ends after being outbid totally sucks.

I hate how you have to manually take the credits back. If I lose just automatically refund me. I get that they take the funds right away to avoid having the buyer deplete their required credits before the auction is over, but having to manually drive back and reclaim them is dumb.

OneLetter

Finally signed up for ForzaGAF club, looking forward to some racing.

Also found road 488 last night, but had to switch over to PC instead of console to get a closer look / higher resolution on the map. In 1440p I was able to find the last road in less than 5 minutes.

eek5

Damn didn't realize this but if you get a duplicate car from wheel spins you can sell it for half its value so if you have some cash you should definitely try to buy all the HE cars. Getting a HE wheel spin becomes 5 million CR!

eek5

How do I know if the VIP Pass is working? I haven't seen any mention of it since I've begun playing.

You'll see a crown next to your name and when you do a wheel spin it says VIP wheelspin and any CR amount you land on is doubled.

Just beat Bucket List #23 where you take the Audio Quattro from the Outback into the city in like 2 and a half minutes... lots of rage in between the start and finish but I managed to sneak past the finish line.

Yeah that one was a pain in the butt, especially the beginning part with the jump. I'd always mess up right there.

---

BTW PC players with low res photomode. I saw someone mention this elsewhere but when you first launch the app it starts in a small window. If you maximize that window before the intro scene your photomode will be fixed. I guess it's dropping to that resolution when you enter photo mode so if you leave the window tiny you'll enter a super low res photo mode. You might have to restart after you do it but my photo mode appears to be 1440p now which is sweet.

Do I need to figure out tuning? I've been completely ignoring it since I don't really have any idea what any of it does. I've just been throwing auto upgrades on my vehicles and leaving it at that.

Or if you don't want the auto, my general rule of thumb is\ 1) reduce weight 2) slightly better brakes and tires if you can keep it in the same performance class, 3) finish off the difference with HP upgrades.

But yeah, when in doubt, reduce weight.

BTW PC players with low res photomode. I saw someone mention this elsewhere but when you first launch the app it starts in a small window. If you maximize that window before the intro scene your photomode will be fixed. I guess it's dropping to that resolution when you enter photo mode so if you leave the window tiny you'll enter a super low res photo mode. You might have to restart after you do it but my photo mode appears to be 1440p now which is sweet.

Mine already starts maximised and it still always looks shit at 1080p.

I've found that if I switch to 4K then back to 1080 (not downsampling, just changing then changing back) it looks quite a bit better for the rest of the session, but still nowhere near the Xbox's sharpness.

bumpkin

Fuuuuuuuck... This game is so damn addicting! Every time I've fired it up and told myself I'd only play for a half hour to an hour, next thing I know it's been like three hours.

I joined the GAF club earlier today and added myself to the spreadsheet a minute ago.

etta

my hard graphic balls
For some reason my Jaguar Horizon Edition isn't selling. I've auctioned it off like 4-5 times with 400,00 starting price. One of them was for 12 hours, too.

Bravoexo

Fuuuuuuuck... This game is so damn addicting! Every time I've fired it up and told myself I'd only play for a half hour to an hour, next thing I know it's been like three hours.

I joined the GAF club earlier today and added myself to the spreadsheet a minute ago.

I like how new roads get created everytime you upgrade a Festival location...new bpards show up...and then you're experimenting around... like, what's at the end of this small stream... oh a waterfall...take a pic...I'm way outside the map...wait a sec, is that a 20,000 xp board? Whoa...

For some reason my Jaguar Horizon Edition isn't selling. I've auctioned it off like 4-5 times with 400,00 starting price. One of them was for 12 hours, too.

That seems odd, maybe everyone has one now lol.

Saying that, I sold one just yesterday. Started it at 200K for 1 Hour and got 1.2M for it!

etta

my hard graphic balls
That seems odd, maybe everyone has one now lol.

Saying that, I sold one just yesterday. Started it at 200K for 1 Hour and got 1.2M for it!
Yea I bought it for 1.1M for the sole purpose of farming XP on Goliath, but when using it the AI is always behind me even on "Above Average" and it's stressful as fuck because I have rewind off, one tiny mistake and boom. So I use the Mustang Boss HE for that because I can lap the AI with it.

zorbsie

We are at 900ish people in the car club. Was going to lock up the club on Friday, but might do it earlier then that now. After we lock the car club, it will be invite only. The spreadsheet only has 360 people on it. I figure there is a lot of folks who joined that are not GAFers. Especially considering how many messages I've got about where to find the OT or what is an OT, etc. So if you are in the car club and not on the spreadsheet, do yourself a favour and add yourself to it. I'll be kicking people who are both inactive and not on the list. Not everyone, want to keep about 100 free slots for people that come to the game a little later.

Need a link to the spreadsheet? Quote this post.

fenners

TFW a skill song starts when you're right next to farmland full of destructible trees and bushes :D

High five! Just had the same thing. Was looking for a barnfind in one of the farmland areas, and blam, right as I was cruising through the banana groves or whatever it was, on comes the School of Seven Belles (which I love). 11 skill points, top score of 440k in one move. Great timing :)

Invis

Is it possible to get this cheaper than $60 by using a different countries store, similar to what you can do on Origin?

Theswweet

Got this with my shiny new Xbox One S yesterday. I'm constantly impressed with how good they managed to get it to look on a system that, for all intents and purposes, is significantly weaker than the PS4. Easily the best looking game I've played this year.

Is it possible to get this cheaper than $60 by using a different countries store, similar to what you can do on Origin?

Do you have either Amazon Prime or BB GCU? Just buy the physical copy. You'll get 20% off.

"This is it, boss: our big finale!"

Should have saved the
Forza Watersport
one for the end. I don't know about you kids, but my wrinkled old ass waited 10 years for that shit since Che teased it during the FM2 days.

Holy shit just realized that with the play anywhere download my wife and I can play at the same time on the 2 different platforms! That's freaking awesome! Even more hyped for gears now!

hollomat

Banned
Finally unlocked clubs and joined GAF. I'm on the spreadsheet as well.

It definitely takes a bit of time to unlock it. Had I known it was unlockable from the rally festival I would've gone for that second instead of the city one.

dLMN8R

Holy shit just realized that with the play anywhere download my wife and I can play at the same time on the 2 different platforms! That's freaking awesome! Even more hyped for gears now!

While it may work for you for now, know that it's intended that only one person can use a copy of the game a time. So if you're using the same account you can only play in one place at a time.

Unless you're using two different accounts with two copies of the game?

How in the world did you get so many points?!? I mean sure over time just playing you would get them but is there some sort of best way to go about it?

"And now a skill song for use with your HE skill car with the x2 skill perk for a cool x24 multiplier, destroying bananas or driving like crazy in the outback !"

Best racing game Ive ever played. It reminds me of Burnout Paradise for its fun replay. Also, I thought I got the season pass with thd 99.99 version of the game. Doesnt look like it.

While it may work for you for now, know that it's intended that only one person can use a copy of the game a time. So if you're using the same account you can only play in one place at a time.

Unless you're using two different accounts with two copies of the game?
Hmmm. I was on my account and she was on her. Bought the target error code and used it on my account. It worked though. Is it not supposed too?

louiedog

Hmmm. I was on my account and she was on her. Bought the target error code and used it on my account. It worked though. Is it not supposed too?

Unless there's something different about Play Anywhere that sounds right. That's how the Xbox One licensing works. Anyone on the home console can play the game and you can play the game on any device with your account.

Unless there's something different about Play Anywhere that sounds right. That's how the Xbox One licensing works. Anyone on the home console can play the game and you can play the game on any device with your account.
I just hope we can play gears with her on the Xbox and me on the pc. We shall see.

Noobcraft

Is there a way to set blueprint events to specific class ratings (E, D, C, B, etc.)? I'm trying to do races with a D class car and one person on my friends list keeps popping up in a C class car. It's totally ruining my series.

Best racing game Ive ever played. It reminds me of Burnout Paradise for its fun replay. Also, I thought I got the season pass with thd 99.99 version of the game. Doesnt look like it.

I think they announced that if you bought the $99 version that you will get a $10 discount on the season pass if you buy by the end of 2016.

That's the latest that I've heard. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/forza-horizon-3-dlc-pass-announced-adds-to-ultimat/1100-6443870/

Top Bottom