• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Falchion

Put a few hours into it today and I've got to say it's an absolute blast. I love the variety in landscapes and it's just such a tight and rewarding experience.

zma1013

How do i get to where i can add cosmetic things to my car? I hit B during the tutorial and it took me completely out of everything.

Cyanity

Banned
gE2nRy6.jpg

I downloaded a tune that apparently doesn't come with tires? What lol.

wat

How do i get to where i can add cosmetic things to my car? I hit B during the tutorial and it took me completely out of everything.

If you pause the game and go to the auto show, there's an "upgrades" tab next to your garage.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So even with assists turned on and difficulty way down, I'm still slipping and sliding all over the track. I'm treating this as an arcade racer but maybe there's SOMETHING I can upgrade or tweak to give me much better handling?

What type of car am I looking at? I like muscle cars but I want something that really sticks to the road.

terrible

Banned
Suspension is so good, it's like riding on air.

Lmao. Damn it I went into the autoshow to check out the name of the tune because I wanted to post it here but when I came out my tires were back. I guess it wasn't the tune that did it, it was just a random glitch.

Cyanity

Banned
So even with assists turned on and difficulty way down, I'm still slipping and sliding all over the track. I'm treating this as an arcade racer but maybe there's SOMETHING I can upgrade or tweak to give me much better handling?

What type of car am I looking at? I like muscle cars but I want something that really sticks to the road.

Are you tapping the brakes repeatedly when going into turns, or just slamming on them and hoping for the best? (You should be doing the former)

tuna_love

Banned

convert them to all wheel drive

Menitta

I'm surprised I like a sim racer this much. I think it's because it's open world. I spent about 30 minutes just driving and listening to a podcast. It's so fun!

Is there a way to set blueprint events to specific class ratings (E, D, C, B, etc.)? I'm trying to do races with a D class car and one person on my friends list keeps popping up in a C class car. It's totally ruining my series.
Yeah. Usually right after you pick type restrictions it let's pick class restrictions. You can also set them in the same blue print settings where lap count, weather, time etc are.

M.W.

Damn, how long is this game? I don't know my actual game time but it says I'm at 2% completion. Da fuck...

I've had to play for at least 10 hours.

TwiztidElf

Damn, how long is this game? I don't know my actual game time but it says I'm at 2% completion. Da fuck...

I've had to play for at least 10 hours.
10 million fans unlocks the final showcase. The amount of fans you get accelerates later in the game, usually getting 150,000 fans an event. Your progress percentage also accelerates in time with the bigger fan payouts. I mainlined and finished in about 15 hours I think.

Having issues connecting to any online game modes on the PC version of the game. It finds a game and says its joining but then never end up joining after.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I wish there was more fun stuff to unlock in the skill shop.

2016-10-024d5z7b.png

I'm only like level 30 and feel I am already out of useful stuff to buy having barely moved far up any of the trees. Whatever I guess, you people are insane with all those points to spend.

DeaDPo0L84

anyone else having online issues? i keep getting connection failed even though xbox says im good to go. Gears of war wont even load to the main screen.

Derp

I've checked the tunes uploaded by the community and some of them have reached performance numbers that I can't possiblt attain with the stuff I have now. I'm assuming I need to unlock newer upgrades? How do I do that?

GHG

I've checked the tunes uploaded by the community and some of them have reached performance numbers that I can't possiblt attain with the stuff I have now. I'm assuming I need to unlock newer upgrades? How do I do that?

Have you tried the conversion section? Usually the engine, drivetrain and aspiration swaps can push cars to a much higher level. This is especially true when you can do all 3 on a particular car.

Memles

This is the most time I've put into a non-Mario Kart driving game since...gosh, probably one of the Burnouts, although even then I don't think I ever owned one of them. There was a free copy of Forza 5 that came with my console bundle, but I got frustrated with it pretty quickly, and didn't really have any real incentive to dig further into it. But I decided to jump on the Target Price Error, and have been really have a blast with this—I still have no real sense of how to dive into the different customization options, really, but the combination of basic exploration and the variety of different tasks to complete has created an incentive that wasn't there with just races.

And while I started at the lowest difficulty mode that wasn't "auto everything," believing myself to be bad at racing games, it has gradually forced me up two levels. I think where they have me will be a bit more of a challenge, requiring more restarts and rewinds, but I suppose it's worth it for the sense of satisfaction at knowing I'm not as bad at the genre as I purported to be.

TheKeyPit

Banned
We are at 900ish people in the car club. Was going to lock up the club on Friday, but might do it earlier then that now. After we lock the car club, it will be invite only. The spreadsheet only has 360 people on it. I figure there is a lot of folks who joined that are not GAFers. Especially considering how many messages I've got about where to find the OT or what is an OT, etc. So if you are in the car club and not on the spreadsheet, do yourself a favour and add yourself to it. I'll be kicking people who are both inactive and not on the list. Not everyone, want to keep about 100 free slots for people that come to the game a little later.

Need a link to the spreadsheet? Quote this post.

rakanishu

Banned
How in the world did you get so many points?!? I mean sure over time just playing you would get them but is there some sort of best way to go about it?

I didn't farm them in any way. I've just been playing the game, but I guess my driving style gets me a lot of points.

I don't think I've had this much fun with a racing game since I picked up the Need for Speed trilogy on PC back in middle school. Blew my whole weekend on it.

123rl

I'm new to the game. Is there a GAF group to join? I read a couple of comments as I skimmed through this thread but is it still active or has another one replaced it?

Top Bottom